Page 102 of 362 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 9033

Thread: Gameplay Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Well if their is a Safari Zone in these games, hopefully the Bait/Rock system has been fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansem1013 View Post
    people complain about this? It never really bothered me much. It made me feel more accomplished when I finally caught that Taurus or Chansey...
    How does it make you feel accomplished when you capture something by complete luck?
    There is no skill involved. No careful savings of HP, applications of status, selection of balls.

It's throw the great ball at a full health and either succeed or have them run a few turns later. You can throw bait but it makes you less likely to capture them and they still have a chance to flee. You can throw Rocks but then they'll flee even faster. There's no tells or anything to clue you in on better tactics and even those tactics are still luck based.

It's applying more luck to an already luck-based system.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowyarticuno View Post
    How does it make you feel accomplished when you capture something by complete luck?
    There is no skill involved. No careful savings of HP, applications of status, selection of balls.

It's throw the great ball at a full health and either succeed or have them run a few turns later. You can throw bait but it makes you less likely to capture them and they still have a chance to flee. You can throw Rocks but then they'll flee even faster. There's no tells or anything to clue you in on better tactics and even those tactics are still luck based.

It's applying more luck to an already luck-based system.
    cause time was invested I guess? Sticking with it until you capture that rare pokemon makes me feel nice, is that so bad?

It's not a lasting feeling of accomplishment though. I'm not going to point at the captured pokemon and say "LOOK AT WHAT I CAUGHT LAST MONTH!!!!"

well, I'd do that if whoever I was showing it too was frustrated in trying to get one and still hadn't succeeded...
    PM or VM me for more trade info

Well we have discussed the topics of the return of a Battle Frontier and Safari Zones, which were major locations we were able to participate in, in the previous games. I don't know if it has been discussed already, but I thought about the Pokeathlon... Does anyone expect the Pokeathlon to make a return in BW2?

If the Safari Zone does come back, I hope they totally revamp it. Scrap the total luck aspect of it (get rid of bait/rocks and what not) and totally replace it. I think it would be nice if you had to lure out Pokemon with berries or something, and they'd actually appear over world. You'd sneak up on them, but if you made too much noise or something, they'd flee. If you successfully got to them, you'd battle like any other time.

With a little tweaking, I think something like that would work very well. It would keep the rarity of the Pokemon, and make it different from normal capturing, but would do away with the horrible luck based system we had already. Luring out a Tauros, sneaking up to it, and battling it would be far more interesting than just trawling through the grass and hoping your Great Ball captures it at full health before it flees.

Another cool thing I think would be nice would be if you got to get driven around in a safari car and see wild Pokemon roaming, who would be added to the 'seen' on your dex. The Pokemon appearing would be randomised, but would generally be rare Pokemon that you can't see normally, along with exclusives from the opposite version. Would work wonders instead of being bereft of Vullaby in White.

Whew, I think my imagination ran away with itself, but I'd love if something like this was implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Sapphire Sceptile~ View Post
    If the Safari Zone does come back, I hope they totally revamp it. Scrap the total luck aspect of it (get rid of bait/rocks and what not) and totally replace it. I think it would be nice if you had to lure out Pokemon with berries or something, and they'd actually appear over world. You'd sneak up on them, but if you made too much noise or something, they'd flee. If you successfully got to them, you'd battle like any other time.

With a little tweaking, I think something like that would work very well. It would keep the rarity of the Pokemon, and make it different from normal capturing, but would do away with the horrible luck based system we had already. Luring out a Tauros, sneaking up to it, and battling it would be far more interesting than just trawling through the grass and hoping your Great Ball captures it at full health before it flees.

Another cool thing I think would be nice would be if you got to get driven around in a safari car and see wild Pokemon roaming, who would be added to the 'seen' on your dex. The Pokemon appearing would be randomised, but would generally be rare Pokemon that you can't see normally, along with exclusives from the opposite version. Would work wonders instead of being bereft of Vullaby in White.

Whew, I think my imagination ran away with itself, but I'd love if something like this was implemented.
    I actually love this idea... I can't even find any problems with it...

Quote Originally Posted by ~Sapphire Sceptile~ View Post

I think random battles should be eliminated in general

Do you mean wild battles aswell?

Quote Originally Posted by kemal07 View Post
    Do you mean wild battles aswell?
    yeah, that's why I put "in general"

Would probably work a lot like Earthbound, minus diagonal walking.
    I lost my DSi with my Black version in it.
    3DS FC: 0774-4658-6515 If you wanna' swap, tell me on my profile page.

I'm a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Click the link to learn more.

Quote Originally Posted by Wasarym View Post
    Would probably work a lot like Earthbound, minus diagonal walking.
    or Chrono Trigger, but yeah. Having pokemon appear on the overworld and the player running into them for battles would be much better.

or Chrono Trigger, but yeah. Having pokemon appear on the overworld and the player running into them for battles would be much better.
    I wouldn't like that. The thing is, Pokemon has designated areas where wild Pokemon appear (aka tall grass), while EarthBound/Mother 2 doesn't. EarthBound/Mother 2 just has enemies attacking you at any place that isn't a city/town, so it's the equivalent to having the entire map covered in tall grass if it were Pokemon. And no one would like that.
    HOW TO HEAR KYUREM'S CRY IN REAL LIFE:
    1. Blow your nose

No, that'd take away from the rarity of certain Pokemon. Even so, this is the sort of change they'd implement in a new generation of games, not now.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
    I wouldn't like that. The thing is, Pokemon has designated areas where wild Pokemon appear (aka tall grass), while EarthBound/Mother 2 doesn't. EarthBound/Mother 2 just has enemies attacking you at any place that isn't a city/town, so it's the equivalent to having the entire map covered in tall grass if it were Pokemon. And no one would like that.
    They could just have the enemies only generate in designated areas...

Even if they appeared in all non-town areas, it wouldn't be a pain considering you can just not walk into the pokemon on the overscreen and avoid battles.

Rarity and randomness could remain with mons for battle appearing on the overworld map too btw. It just takes away the fact that the encounters are random
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Doom View Post
    No, that'd take away from the rarity of certain Pokemon. Even so, this is the sort of change they'd implement in a new generation of games, not now.
    I honestly wasn't expecting this in BW2. There's nothing really left to speculate right now, so it's more fun to just throw ideas around imo

Quote Originally Posted by kemal07 View Post
    Well we have discussed the topics of the return of a Battle Frontier and Safari Zones, which were major locations we were able to participate in, in the previous games. I don't know if it has been discussed already, but I thought about the Pokeathlon... Does anyone expect the Pokeathlon to make a return in BW2?
    i hope it comes back, even if it is just a clone of the one in HG/SS. Its twenty times more fun than contests and musicals, and it cool to catch pokemon strong in certain stats just to use them in the Pokeathlon. But if they were to bring it back, they'd have to have overworld sprites for all 649 Pokemon, which would probably mean Pokemon walking with you would have to be back as well.

And another thing, i think they definetly need to add something to the easter side of the desert north of castelia. I found it weird that you could explore the left side but the right side was just fence. Maybe make an oasis thing or something.
    cookie cookie

Quote Originally Posted by Hydreigon5782 View Post
    And another thing, i think they definetly need to add something to the easter side of the desert north of castelia. I found it weird that you could explore the left side but the right side was just fence. Maybe make an oasis thing or something.
    Yeah, since the game will take years from the events in BW1, the right side should be available and the construction on Route 4 should be finished.

Maybe this:
    The Safari Zone is in, say, Icirrus. You are allowed to take your Pokemon into the Safari Zone, but not use them. Instead, the kind of Pokemon you carry will affect the type of Pokemon that appear. For example, high level-fully evolved in your party= lower level, base/non-evolvable wild Pokemon, and lower leveled-base or not fully evolved in your party = higher level base Pokemon or special move Pokemon (or DW ability Unova POkemon).
    That would be satisfactory for me.
    Any changes or suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    Games most likely will be released on June 23rd according to SJ.
    Interesting. That's on the same day as the Keledo event, so when that gets announced for other counties that will most likely be the release date.

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondClass View Post
    It's best not to buy into the hype so much. In some ways people expected so much out out this generation but in the end were kind of disappointed. I will wait until I can get more information instead of reacting by seeing just some scans.
    We were all disappointed by this gen in the end? Not really, no...

Ummmmm, no.
    No sig. Deal with it.

New Pokemon?

http://s11.postimage.org/f401ko2tf/image.jpg
    http://s11.postimage.org/yxc5ddg77/image.png
    http://s11.postimage.org/ar1i28u2r/image.png

Platypus is Kawanoashi, a play on the Jp for platypus (kamonohashi). Japanese checks out.
    Could still be fake.
    Last edited by Sabonea_Masukippa; 10th April 2012 at 1:39 AM.
        Spoiler:- XY Dream:

Pokemon: Everyone has their favourites.

Those look fake to me... if they're real the grass type starter looks really ugly.

Funny thing is, it matches Ganondolphin's rumor of the clock tower being in the scan.

nobody on 2ch is discussing these that i can find, the link to the thread seems fake and goes noplace, also check it: http://s11.postimage.org/ar1i28u2r/image.png cant you guys see thats been printed onto cheapass printer paper.

still fun.

i hope it comes back, even if it is just a clone of the one in HG/SS. Its twenty times more fun than contests and musicals, and it cool to catch pokemon strong in certain stats just to use them in the Pokeathlon. But if they were to bring it back, they'd have to have overworld sprites for all 649 Pokemon, which would probably mean Pokemon walking with you would have to be back as well.
    I'm not following your logic, why exactly do you need Pokemon following you for a HGSS style Safari Zone? Not that I'd complain about that.

I'm more curious about what they're constructing there.

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    The Safari Zone is in, say, Icirrus. You are allowed to take your Pokemon into the Safari Zone, but not use them. Instead, the kind of Pokemon you carry will affect the type of Pokemon that appear. For example, high level-fully evolved in your party= lower level, base/non-evolvable wild Pokemon, and lower leveled-base or not fully evolved in your party = higher level base Pokemon or special move Pokemon (or DW ability Unova POkemon).
    That would be satisfactory for me.
    Any changes or suggestions?
    I'm not so sure basing the wild Pokemon on your party Pokemon is a good idea. It still feels kind of pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by crystalzapdos View Post
    We were all disappointed by this gen in the end? Not really, no...
    IDK about everyone else, but I was disappointed with quite a few aspects of BW1 that I never thought they'd change. A tiny, linear region, no Vs. Seeker, no gym leader rematches? These are the kind of things that shouldn't ever happen in a Pokemon game. It's not terrible, but it is a step back from Platinum and HGSS.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabonea_Masukippa View Post
    New Pokemon?

Platypus is Kawanoashi, a play on the Jp for platypus (kamonohashi). Japanese checks out.
    Could still be fake.
    Is it me or does there seem to be a bit of distortion around some of the sprites/pictures?
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 10th April 2012 at 2:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

New Pokemon?

Could still be fake.
    I call fake. Just look at how bad the quality is, especially the third one. Also, its early.
    No sig. Deal with it.

I am hoping they a a section to the map, little sub regions and such like if you had to start your journey on a group of islands and after getting to a point where you should be up to level 17-23 you go to unova, and face the gyms that are about 10 lvs ahead of the origoinal black and white gym, also i think that the pokemon fllowing you around and some kind of vs seeker will be added.

New Pokemon?

Could still be fake.
    So... ganon's post already reached the Japanese fanbase....?
    Oh wait...it was the other way around.

Regardless, it's a really good edit if you ask me. I'm not saying that these scans are legit but whoever made this really did a good job on imitating Sugi's style and creating the overworld. I love the addition of withered trees on the battle shot too.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Page 102 of 362 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast