Page 11 of 362 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Gameplay Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Same here, I've even got multiple DS systems and both versions, but I've still never bothered to spend all the time it takes to keep them at their largest, or get them back that way.

They're interesting ideas, having Black City/White Forest as well as a Frontier would be fine.
    I also have multiple systems and both versions. It was just too tedious to use both versions to fully utilize both places. A pity really.

I wouldn't mind having all three (the BF especially).

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalkaiser65 View Post
    There is no reason to immediately shoot down peoples ideas you know...
    Its like stifling to discuss anything when there are going to be 2-3 people every time you post saying
    "Thats not going to happen, you are wrong, go away. I have all the right answers to your questions! Moorrrrooon!"

Its not very fun.
    We only shoot down the most improbable, most beaten down ideas. Proper speculation can occur without the mindless repetitiveness of farfetch'd ideas.
    Last edited by DBK; 27th February 2012 at 6:48 PM.
    MY FIRST EVER RANDOM SHINY!: (4/15/2011)

If you add me P/VM me.

Spoiler:- CREDITS:

There is no reason to immediately shoot down peoples ideas you know...
    Its like stifling to discuss anything when there are going to be 2-3 people every time you post saying
    "Thats not going to happen, you are wrong, go away. I have all the right answers to your questions! Moorrrrooon!"

Its not very fun.
    No, what's not fun is having the same foolish ideas brought up over and over by people who refuse to use reason and rational thought.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

No, what's not fun is having the same foolish ideas brought up over and over by people who refuse to use reason and rational thought.
    Thank god someone is talking sense. I'm already sick of discussion of whether Hoenn is going to be in these games or not.

You can let them know in more polite ways then what you have been doing, surely?

Pokemon White 2 Team!

POKEMON WHITE FC: 4255-4486-3513

One thing no one seems to be considering is the time it takes to make a game, they have had a year and a halfish, so what to them would be the best use of time? a new region? or other little things and various changes? It would be much more feasable from a time standpoint that it would be little things. That being said I really would love a new region/hoenn lol

You can let them know in more polite ways then what you have been doing, surely?
    Surely it is common sense that if there are any new Pokémon that they would have been found in the B/W roms? Some people have to realise that when they wish for something in their post, that it isn't going to become true just because they've posted it on the internet.

The Battle Subway is Gen 5's Battle Frontier, so I doubt we'll get a second version in B2/W2. If anything, the city/forest differences will be heightened and expanded, the Gyms will be mixed up, the Champion will be Different, and the ending story finale will be changed.

If they don't care enough to think before they post, why should I care about being polite?

It's amazing the amount of people that think there will be new Pokemon, we can't have new Pokemon in the middle of a Generation, new formes at most but nothing beyond that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulicies View Post
    The Battle Subway is Gen 5's Battle Frontier, so I doubt we'll get a second version in B2/W2. If anything, the city/forest differences will be heightened and expanded, the Gyms will be mixed up, the Champion will be Different, and the ending story finale will be changed.
    They can always expand the Battle Subway, I never bothered going to it but isn't it just like a regular Battle Tower as it is now?

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by direelite View Post
    One thing no one seems to be considering is the time it takes to make a game, they have had a year and a halfish, so what to them would be the best use of time? a new region? or other little things and various changes? It would be much more feasable from a time standpoint that it would be little things. That being said I really would love a new region/hoenn lol
    They have had a little more time than that. They probably started BW2 when BW was finished (before it was released). Even so, they are pushing BW like nobodies' business, so it makes no sense to include Hoenn.

Hope and dream all you want, but don't expect.

They can always expand the Battle Subway, I never bothered going to it but isn't it just like a regular Battle Tower as it is now?
    Pretty much. It's a little more frustrating though. I've tried it a few times, but don't really care for it.

If you add me P/VM me.

I'm just inclined to believe to think differently, I think because these are stand alone sequels (or prequels as someone pointed out) That they WILL in fact be completely different games set in the same place. What if they are changing up the formula?

I just can't comprehend how someone as smart as you can't grasp that they could actually be trying something brand new with these games, and instead of being a clone of the first to with minor things tweaked, like all previous installments, will instead have a completely new storyline, new places, people and yes, maybe in some far away dreamword some new pokemon.

These games are not black and white. They are black and white -2- just because you might not have found something while datamining a -black and white- mod, doesn't mean the next games wont have something? They are DIFFERENT games after all. (not from the same cart.)

I'm just trying to point out that there are different perspectives, and just because something has always held true in the past doesn't mean it has to stay that way.

Pokemon White 2 Team!

Quote Originally Posted by DBK View Post
    They have had a little more time than that. They probably started BW2 when BW was finished (before it was released). Even so, they are pushing BW like nobodies' business, so it makes no sense to include Hoenn.

Hope and dream all you want, but don't expect.
    I plan to, I do expect something more than a platinum/emerald type remake though, if that is all it is I will be very dissapointed.

The vs seeker is one feature that they should never ever leave out again, and a return of the pokewalker would be neat.

The fun dies when the party police come and beat everyone else down for not agreeing with them.
    Hey, I'm just telling you that you're making a complete assumption, and that you're setting yourself up to be let down. If you want to have hopes for Hoenn, go ahead and have them. If Hoenn ends up not being in these games, don't be too disappointed.

Besides, speculation on Hoenn in these games isn't actually speculation. Speculation is making educated guesses and theories on confirmed data. There is no confirmed data for Hoenn, or Sinnoh, or Kanto, or Johto, or Orre, or any other region, and until there is... well, it's not speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by zyonasan View Post
    sorry, i'm going to have to give a big thumbs down to the safari zone. That place has always been broken. Plus, with the advent of shinies....the last thing I want to do is run into a shiny in the safari zone and have it run away

It's not really an "advent" when it happened over a decade ago

I agree, no Safari Zone. I personally always hated those things and always will.

Quote Originally Posted by zyonasan View Post
    yeah, platinum and emerald did just fine because they were only one game. The fact that they are splitting this "3rd" version into two different games must mean there has to be some drastic differences between the two....and what other difference could it be besides and addition of an older region or a brand new region?

Why the heck would they split up this "3rd" version if the only difference is the mascot legendary?
    :|

How about the differences that are usually between versions? Black 2 will likely have the same version exclusives as Black, and same for White 2 and White (or, they'll reverse them). Black and White had a ton of version exclusives--Pokemon, types of battles, entire areas, legendaries--so it's not like Black 2 and White 2 will be entirely the same game if there isn't an entire region differentiating the two.

Besides, it's unfeasible to think they've programmed that. Even if Black 2 and White 2 have been in production since the tail-end of Black and White's production (or earlier), that is two entire regions that they need to create and program, in addition to whatever differences BW2 will introduce to Unova, and the new features of the game overall.

I'd be fine if they got rid of the necessity of having friends with which to connect to. Black City/White Forest become incredibly pointless if you've got no one else around to play with.
    I hope they change Black City/White Forest. I hated that you had to race through the game in order to have it populated.

Quote Originally Posted by Icy Meteor View Post
    I'd prefer it if they were both replaced by a Battle Frontier, but the Frontier was either Futuristic or Natural depending on the version you had.
    This would be awesome, although I'd prefer a Battle Archipelago.

Why do you doubt it? The Battle Tower was in Ruby and Sapphire, and they made a Battle Frontier in Emerald. The Battle Tower was also in Diamond and Pearl, and they turned that entire area into a Battle Frontier. The Battle Subway isn't stopping them from creating a brand-new Battle Frontier.

And if this is a sequel, a lot more than that can be changed. We could be looking at a brand-new cast (of players and rivals), a new storyline, etc.

I'm just inclined to believe to think differently, I think because these are stand alone sequels (or prequels as someone pointed out) That they WILL in fact be completely different games set in the same place. What if they are changing up the formula?

I just can't comprehend how someone as smart as you can't grasp that they could actually be trying something brand new with these games, and instead of being a clone of the first to with minor things tweaked, like all previous installments, will instead have a completely new storyline, new places, people and yes, maybe in some far away dreamword some new pokemon.

These games are not black and white. They are black and white -2- just because you might not have found something while datamining a -black and white- mod, doesn't mean the next games wont have something? They are DIFFERENT games after all. (not from the same cart.)

I'm just trying to point out that there are different perspectives, and just because something has always held true in the past doesn't mean it has to stay that way.
    There are some things that can't be, and some things that shouldn't be. New Pokemon is one thing that can't be, because we're in the middle of a generation. Introducing new Pokemon means a new generation.

A new region is something that shouldn't be, because it doesn't make any sense and there is no reason for it.

I plan to, I do expect something more than a platinum/emerald type remake though, if that is all it is I will be very dissapointed.

The vs seeker is one feature that they should never ever leave out again, and a return of the pokewalker would be neat.
    I am sure it will be more than a mere remake and I'm sure they will find a way to change Unova enough to keep it interesting.

Agreed about the Vs Seeker. That was a gift from Arceus and it needs to be returned.

If you add me P/VM me.

I think the change between the games will be more drastic...like one of them will have more urban cities and the other more nature friendly ones.I'm not talking just about Black City and White Forest and Opelucid City but about the whole game.The whole truth/ideals thing could be greatly expanded and could make the games more enjoyable and different.

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

I think pepole could realistically hope for a few more evolutions or pre-evolutions, but nothing completely new. A few particular Pokemon in B/W feel pretty incomplete, in fact: perhaps for this very reason?

I think pepole could realistically hope for a few more evolutions or pre-evolutions, but nothing completely new. A few particular Pokemon in B/W feel pretty incomplete, in fact: perhaps for this very reason?
    They still can't add new Pokemon in the middle of a generation. If there are any planned, we wont get them until Sixth Gen.

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    I think the change between the games will be more drastic...like one of them will have more urban cities and the other more nature friendly ones.I'm not talking just about Black City and White Forest and Opelucid City but about the whole game.The whole truth/ideals thing could be greatly expanded and could make the games more enjoyable and different.
    I mentioned that a few comments ago. I think, realistically, that those are the most possible scenarios for BW2.

If you add me P/VM me.

What if they are completely rethinking how they go about 'generations' though? Anthing is a possability at this point. I do however think im giving gamefreak to much credit... i suppose we will all see soon.

Pokemon White 2 Team!

What if they are completely rethinking how they go about 'generations' though? Anthing is a possability at this point. I do however think im giving gamefreak to much credit... i suppose we will all see soon.
    No, creating new Pokemon breaks compatibility with BW1, in doing that what would be the point of naming the BW2?

They still can't add new Pokemon in the middle of a generation. If there are any planned, we wont get them until Sixth Gen.
    They could, I mean they can do what ever they want. It would just bring up backwards compatibility issues, unless of course GF had a way to update black and white to add pokemon. I don't think DS's are there yet though, but that's something that could easily be done on a newer console, like cod maps. And maybe that's something they would do with the 3ds, as it might have the ability to do it.

They could, I mean they can do what ever they want. It would just bring up backwards compatibility issues, unless of course GF had a way to update black and white to add pokemon. I don't think DS's are there yet though, but that's something that could easily be done on a newer console, like cod maps. And maybe that's something they would do with the 3ds, as it might have the ability to do it.
    There is no way to update Black and White, as such we will not have any new Pokemon.

The Pokemon intro animation is missing, they should bring it back, and the trainers too.
    Probably they will make the games harder like every 3rd version, they should fix the pixeled back sprites also.

There is no way to update Black and White, as such we will not have any new Pokemon.
    That was what I was implying, but I'm saying in the future on 3ds versions it may be something we will see, more blurred generations, who knows though?

Quote Originally Posted by HyperXhydra95 View Post
    The Pokemon intro animation is missing, they should bring it back, and the trainers too.
    Probably they will make the games harder like every 3rd version, they should fix the pixeled back sprites also.
    There are no intro animations because the Pokemon are constantly animated now.

That was what I was implying, but I'm saying in the future on 3ds versions it may be something we will see, more blurred generations, who knows though?
    Ah, it sounded like you were saying they could use the 3DS to update Black and White.

Page 11 of 362 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast