Page 12 of 362 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Gameplay Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    There are no intro animations because the Pokemon are constantly animated now.
    They might bring it back, but IMO it would be cool if they did.
    hmmm, maybe a new champion would be cool, and new battle theme for it, since almost everyone hates alder's battle theme.

Quote Originally Posted by HyperXhydra95 View Post
    hmmm, maybe a new champion would be cool, and new battle theme for it, since almost everyone hates alder's battle theme.
    But.. what would be the point of that if they're fully animated now it doesn't make any sense. And if we get a new champion it should be Alder or maybe Drayden?

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalkaiser65 View Post
    What if they are completely rethinking how they go about 'generations' though? Anthing is a possability at this point. I do however think im giving gamefreak to much credit... i suppose we will all see soon.
    Dear god people.

There are not going to be new Pokemon in these games. Yes, Black and White 2 is shocking and yes it's shaking it up a bit, but there are not going to be new Pokemon. That would mean no compatibility between Black and White and Black and White 2, which won't happen.

I don't know what people have against Alder's theme, there's nothing wrong with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudkip43 View Post
    But.. what would be the point of that if they're fully animated now it doesn't make any sense. And if we get a new champion it should be Alder or maybe Drayden?
    Alder is the current Champion.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I don't know what people have against Alder's theme, there's nothing wrong with it.
    I think the problem is that it isn't moody enough. Since you're a lot closer to this champion than others I don't think something such as say, Lance's theme wouldn't have worked. A champion change is a possibility though, but I wouldn't want Drayden. Champions who use a range of Pokemon are always better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Sapphire Sceptile~ View Post
    Dear god people.

There are not going to be new Pokemon in these games. Yes, Black and White 2 is shocking and yes it's shaking it up a bit, but there are not going to be new Pokemon. That would mean no compatibility between Black and White and Black and White 2, which won't happen.
    Let me be clear that I'm merely playing devil's advocate here, not that I actually think this will happen.

It would mean as much compatibility as R/B/Y had with G/S/C. Any link features present in B/W 2 would simply have to have a "B/W mode" or "B/W 2 mode" option. When trading or battling, any B/W 2 games that have "B/W mode" selected would be limited to whatever Pokemon were available in B/W 1, and would be able to connect to both B/W and B/W 2 games in "B/W mode." If, when trading and battling, "B/W 2 mode" is selected, they can only link to other B/W 2 (or later Gen V) games using that mode. It would be able to be toggled between the two.

Whether or not new Pokemon were included, this would also allow Kyurem formes to be used or traded on Wi-Fi for B/W 2 and any other Gen V games, despite not being included in B/W 1.

Again, I doubt this would happen. In my opinion, it would make more sense to wait until "Gen 6" to introduce new Pokemon. I'm just saying how it could happen.
    Last edited by Ememew; 27th February 2012 at 9:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurawarrior8 View Post
    I think the problem is that it isn't moody enough. Since you're a lot closer to this champion than others I don't think something such as say, Lance's theme wouldn't have worked.
    I think it should have been more lighthearted, since Alder is such a lighthearted guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ememew View Post
    Again, I doubt this would happen. In my opinion, it would make more sense to wait until "Gen 6" to introduce new Pokemon. I'm just saying how it could happen.
    I don't think Gamefreak wants to go through all the trouble of making those restrictions again. It would require a lot of testing.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

IKR? it really fits him, but if there's a new champion I think it would be Cheren.
    Maybe Bainca would be a model since it was her dream also instead of Elesa she's the new Gym leader.

IKR? it really fits him, but if there's a new champion I think it would be Cheren.
    Maybe Bainca would be a model since it was her dream also instead of Elesa she's the new Gym leader.
    Bianca was never much of a battler so I don't think her being a Gym Leader would make sense.

Bianca was never much of a battler so I don't think her being a Gym Leader would make sense.
    Plus she ended up wanting to be a professor, not a model. So it would make more sense to see her in the Lab.
    MY FIRST EVER RANDOM SHINY!: (4/15/2011)

If you add me P/VM me.

Spoiler:- CREDITS:

I hope there is a balance if its a brand new hero. So a balance between the new cast and old cast. Maybe like what Digimon Adventure and Adventure 02 did. I also hope this is a bridge to the 3DS games. So maybe graphics like the Dragon Quest DS game. Not saying it happen but just hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by danburite3 View Post
    To all the people wanting Ruby/Sapphire remakes... why? Ruby and Sapphire (well, Emerald anyway) are still perfectly good.
    Those are by far my favorite games and I still play them all the time. They definitely are not outdated and are still a ton of fun. I gotta admit I think I would like to see a remake just for fun, but it does worry me that I might forget about the originals.

I'm hoping for more triple battles in B/W 2. I was quite dissapointed with the lack of them in B/W.

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

Yea, moar triple battles, maybe a leader that engages in one.
    No more words...

Game Freak logic:There's a new battle! let's promote it and then put only 3-4 battles of in tin the ACTUAL game... yeah...

those battles were actually very fun but... only 3-4 in the WHOLE game.

need more in BW2
    Last edited by Ilan; 27th February 2012 at 9:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer Shank View Post
    Yea, moar triple battles, maybe a leader that engages in one.
    Striaton Gym maybe

Quote Originally Posted by AuraMaster View Post
    Striaton Gym maybe
    That would be too soon, the player would have barely had an opportunity to catch and raise three Pokemon.

The Striation Gym Trio needs to get rid of their Lillipups and have a starter of the same element on their team. It would make it more challenging.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by hol123 View Post
    The Striation Gym Trio needs to get rid of their Lillipups and have a starter of the same element on their team. It would make it more challenging.
    You can't go making the first Gym really hard, there's too little opportunity for the player to combat against it.

That would be too soon, the player would have barely had an opportunity to catch and raise three Pokemon.
    But who said were starting in Nuvema Town? They may change things around. Some have said you may start in Anville. Maybe like how there was a re route when you went back to Kanto in G/S/C

Not only should there be more triple/rotation battles there should be more double battles to. I mean there were like 3 in the originals >.>

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

But who said were starting in Nuvema Town? They may change things around. Some have said you may start in Anville. Maybe like how there was a re route when you went back to Kanto in G/S/C
    And who said we're not starting in Nuvema? Who says, if things are changed, that Striaton even plays host to a Gym any more?

And who said we're not starting in Nuvema? Who says, if things are changed, that Striaton even plays host to a Gym any more?
    Well everyone has different ideas

Well everyone has different ideas
    Exactly, and a lot of those are based off of what we know of Black and White. You suggested Striaton because there were three leaders there in Black and White, correct? So I don't think that's a good idea since, based on Black and White, they're the first Gym.

Exactly, and a lot of those are based off of what we know of Black and White. You suggested Striaton because there were three leaders there in Black and White, correct? So I don't think that's a good idea since, based on Black and White, they're the first Gym.
    Yeah but I'm saying we have no idea where were starting or if there even gyms. They could just have Ghetis free the sages and have them serve as the gyms if this is a sequel and not a remake

Page 12 of 362 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast