Page 151 of 362 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201251 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,775 of 9033

Thread: Gameplay Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Spoilers from what? We know what the map looks like, they would have had to make major changes for the map to take on any noticeable changes.
    Well they did say there will be new areas in Unova even though I have never seen the ice-covered map
    My Platinum Team:-

Pokemon Diamond FC
    Pokemon Platinum FC
    Pokemon Black FC (Main Game)
    Pokemon White FC
    IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A CLONER THEN LOOK NO FURTHER,I CAN CLONE EVENTS/SHINIES/DW POKEMON .... IT'S UP TO YOU,DON'T HESITATE TO ASK ME

If they wanted to hide stuff using Ice, they did a pretty lousy job seeing as you can see through it.

What reason would they have to hide something by covering it in something translucent?

Well I hope they change or remix some of the battle music, Like the rival's theme, since there's a new rival it would have a new battle theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    If they wanted to hide stuff using Ice, they did a pretty lousy job seeing as you can see through it.
    Ice isn't the only thing blocking stuff. Some of the Pokemon art are too.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

What reason would they have to hide something by covering it in something translucent?
    Hmm, You're right I've never noticed that.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    Ice isn't the only thing blocking stuff. Some of the Pokemon art are too.
    Which will be a moot point as soon as the art is revealed on either the official site or on Smash on Sunday if it's revealed there.

Quote Originally Posted by Wadeledge View Post
    Magikarp and Wingull at every body of water! :-D
    People always complain about Zubat, but the water is just as bad, especially in Hoenn.

A wild Tentacool appeared!

If they wanted to hide it, wouldn't they use fog like they did with Platinum, HG and SS?
    Because Kyurem.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedSuicune View Post
    From the looks of the leaked scan, it seems Homika only has two Pokémon.
    Well, she is only the first gym leader...

Quote Originally Posted by cavaner View Post
    Where is it confirmed that we won't be getting any new Pokemon? It's not. If they're increasing the Regional Dex up to 300, there's a possibility that as well as adding old Pokemon from other generations they could include evos and pre-evos of Unova Pokemon IMO.
    They are not going to have new Pokemon. There's too many problem.

1. There's compatibility. BW2 would have problems communicating with BW. And they usually plan the generations out in advance; I'm sure BW2 wasn't a spur-of-the-moment decision. If they were going to make new Pokemon, they would have hidden them in BW's code and made them unobtainable, like Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect. That way they'd avoid compatibility problems.

2. The Pokedex numbers. Genesect is still unrevealed, which means that if they made new Pokemon, people would notice that the National Dex has a 648 and a 650 but no 649. They're not going to tip their hand by leaving a gap like that. And I seriously doubt they'd reveal Genesect this year. They're going to want to wait and use him for the 2013 movie.

3. Advertising. New Pokemon is a big selling point, so why would they keep quiet about it? If they had new Pokemon in this, they'd be advertising that. And CoroCoro would have said "check out next issue for new Pokemon!" It would sell more magazines, so they're not going to just not tell people.

Everything points to there not being any new Pokemon.
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

Quote Originally Posted by HyperXhydra95 View Post
    Wow, You're right I've never noticed that.
    So did they just wanted people to take notice of the ice on the map to signal Kyurem's impact on the game?
    My Platinum Team:-

Pokemon Diamond FC
    Pokemon Platinum FC
    Pokemon Black FC (Main Game)
    Pokemon White FC
    IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A CLONER THEN LOOK NO FURTHER,I CAN CLONE EVENTS/SHINIES/DW POKEMON .... IT'S UP TO YOU,DON'T HESITATE TO ASK ME

I'll do a Gym Leader/Elite Four list because why not:

Gyms:

1) Poison - Foongus, Venipede
    2) Water - Psyduck, Basculin, Dewott
    3) Elesa (Clay can be postponed or something) - Emolga, Joltik, Flaaffy, Zebstrika
    4) Burgh - Dwebble, Heracross, Shelmet, Leavanny
    5) Lenora - Porygon2, Tranquil, Cinccino, Watchog.
    6) Clay - Marshtomp, Krokorok, Golett, Excadrill
    7) Cheren - Gigalith, Throh, Metang, Fully evolved starter (whichever one was left by you and the rival)
    8) Drayden - Zweilous, Gabite, Druddigon, Haxorus.

Skyla and the triplets could be left for post-game, except Cress is gone to, uh, be a waiter in Hoenn or something. Brycen could move up in the world to become an Elite Four member. I like the idea of Grimsley leading the Battle Arcade, so Brycen could fill his role.

9) Skyla - Archeops, Braviary, Honchkrow, Swanna
    10) Cilan - Stoutland, Lilligant, Torterra, Simisage
    11) Chili - Boufallant, Torkoal, Darmanitan, Simisear

Elite Four:

1) Shauntal - Gengar, Jellicent, Golurk, Frosslass, Chandlure
    2) Marshal - Sawk, Lucario, Scrafty, Mienshao, Conkeldurr
    3) Brycen - Cryogonal, Lapras, Weavile, Vanniluxe, Beartic
    4) Caitlin - Reuniclus, Gallade, Beheeyem, Slowking, Gothitelle
    5) Alder - Ferrothorn, Feraligatr, Escavalier, Zoroark, Rhyperior, Volcarona

Of course this is all ridiculous wishful thinking, and I ran away with myself a little bit, but I'd still like to see something like this to happen, particularly leaving one or two Gym Leaders (like I've done here with Skyla) for the post-game. I'm not sure what will happen with the Striaton Trio, what with the new Water- Type leader, but we'll see.
    Last edited by Grey Wind; 12th April 2012 at 5:22 PM.

I'm just hoping they have a Dark-type Gym for once.
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigglychu View Post
    Unless Lacunosa & Undella get gyms I bet the Poison rocker & the swimmer are our only new leaders, sadly.

I kind of hope all the gym leaders are different, but I doubt it.

I'm a bit peeved we have a water gym leader. There's a water gym leader in like every gen except for two. We need a dark gym leader! And a male grass gym leader would be nice too

edit: Seeing Snowy's recent post, I'm wondering who the water and poison will replace. I think Striaton and Iccirus. Isn't that city frozen over in the map?

Quote Originally Posted by Valdoom View Post
    Or just put Remoraid before the E4 so you are able to catch Mantyke and evolve it, instead of catching Mantine and breeding it
    You're missing the point, I'm saying that Mantine being in the Unova Dex isn't definitive proof that Mantyke is as well. It's very likely they'd include both, but not guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowyarticuno View Post
    Unless Lacunosa & Undella get gyms I bet the Poison rocker & the swimmer are our only new leaders, sadly.
    If you look at the map, there's ice covering parts west of Hiougi City, maybe there's new areas west of there with new gyms. Also, based on the ice, fog, and blur, it looks like from the new areas, there's a land path leading to Anville Town. Hopefully it'll actually have a point in this game.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 12th April 2012 at 5:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Jigglychu View Post
    Yes please. Unova had a lot of good dark types for a gym and now we have others like Umbreon and Weavile. We just need to do something with Grimsley.

did anyone notice the beach?
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't.

I want a new soundtrack.
    BW's one is fantastic, but I have played the game so many times that I can't enjoy it anymore.

Junichi Masuda is easily one of the best game music composers of all time and I really wish to listen to more of his work.

Ok here is proof that the ice is just blocking stuff:

BW Pre-release map:
    http://black--white.wikispaces.com/f...9/worldmap.png

HGSS Pre-release map:
    http://pokebeach.com/content/tcg/adv...ighlighted.jpg

Platinum Pre-release map:
    http://media.photobucket.com/image/r...-Pt_Sinnoh.png
    *ALL-STAR MODE*

Quote Originally Posted by Electivire Addict View Post

edit: Seeing Snowy's recent post, I'm wondering who the water and poison will replace. I think Striaton and Iccirus. Isn't that city frozen over in the map?
    It's not frozen over -_- For all we know the Striaton Trio possibly were the triad and went missing allowing a new gym to be opened.

We can't really use the 'it's frozen over!' reason because it's been pointed out that they're just frozen on this map presumably to hide details for the next issue of CoroCoro. The magazine states the map is frozen over, not the region. Sab_Mas and sunyshore made posts earlier today about this; go look them up if you like (:

+1 on Grimsley for Battle Arcade, btw. His personality seems to fit that role hahaha, and yeah it does allow Brycen to step up to E4.

Of course, that doesn't change the fact that it's a translucent solid and not an opaque gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Samurostra View Post
    Junichi Masuda is easily one of the best game music composers of all time and I really wish to listen to more of his work.
    Masuda doesn't make very much of the music any more, it's mostly Go Ichinose now.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Black Doom View Post
    You're missing the point, I'm saying that Mantine being in the Unova Dex isn't definitive proof that Mantyke is as well. It's very likely they'd include both, but not guaranteed.
    I'm not missing the point, that is why i said it -_- if they don't have the wave incense then they could put Remoraid in before the pokemon league so you can still get Mantkye before the pokemon league if remonoraid is in......

Of course, that doesn't change the fact that it's a translucent solid and not an opaque gas.
    next they will use a tidal wave, a transparent liquid!
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Valdoom View Post
    I'm not missing the point, that is why i said it -_- if they don't have the wave incense then they could put Remoraid in before the pokemon league so you can still get Mantkye before the pokemon league if remonoraid is in......
    You don't need Remoraid to get Mantyke, you need Remoraid to get Mantine.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

We need a dark gym leader! And a male grass gym leader would be nice too.
    I'd love to see a Dark-type Gym. Also, we have a male Grass leader already: Cilan.

Page 151 of 362 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201251 ... LastLast