Page 261 of 362 FirstFirst ... 161211251257258259260261262263264265271311361 ... LastLast
Results 6,501 to 6,525 of 9033

Thread: Gameplay Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    Character design is important, as someone already said. Plus, some years have passed, and I don't think the characters have become immune to the effects of time or something. They aged. If they all changed a lot between FRLG and HGSS, it's only logical for them to change between HGSS and BW. It's understandable that we're disappointed they're just using the same designs, because it seems a little... lazy... to do it like that.

Not to mention Giovanni's presence, that I will need a very good explanation to buy.

But who knows, maybe the World Tournament ends up being awesome anyway.
    It's just a shame that some details could have made it better.
    It's entirely optional fanservice and chances are the vast majority of the characters wont be seen unless you download them. Why bother creating updated designs & entirely new sprites for what amounts to ~40 extremely brief cameos that will get maybe 2 lines each. 1 of which will probably be "Hey I'm _______ from _______. I like ______ types."

The only character that should have an update is Giovanni's artwork and that's solely because he should have already have had one just by virtue of his updated HGSS appearance. He & Zen Mode Darmanitan are the only glaring ommisions from the artwork collection.

I mean I guess they could have implemented these dozens of characters into the storyline, given them all new designs, given them all substantial dialog but why bother? It would take away from the rest of the actual Unova cast.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    Watch they are all 'simulated' holographs by Akchromeswirlyhair to give the illusion of them.
    That would be a good excuse for them having the same appearance after 6~7 years..

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    That would be a good excuse for them having the same appearance after 6~7 years..
    Or maybe people in the Pokemon world just age at a slower rate. *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Starting from HGSS, until then they at least changed clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    It's entirely optional fanservice and chances are the vast majority of the characters wont be seen unless you download them. Why bother creating updated designs & entirely new sprites for what amounts to ~40 extremely brief cameos that will get maybe 2 lines each. 1 of which will probably be "Hey I'm _______ from _______. I like ______ types."
    I know it, that's what I said; it's not like the World Tournament is doomed, but it could have been way better than a fanservice gimmick.
    Last edited by Ver-mont; 9th June 2012 at 5:10 AM.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

That would be acceptable. Perhaps the people in the Pokémon world are like Japanese people.
    In the anime they eat only vegetables, what would support this "theory" haha.

But the fact that they don't change clothes... is too much for me.

I know Anime =/= Games, but Ash says hi!

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Ash doesn't age slowly, he ages backwards.

That would be acceptable. Perhaps the people in the Pokémon world are like Japanese people.
    In the anime they eat only vegetables, what would support this "theory" haha.

But the fact that they don't change clothes... is too much for me.
    Some people change clothes; Elesa, Ghetsis, Cheren, Bianca, Lance, Blue (FRLG -> HGSS), etc. It's just that for most other characters, it's easier to keep their outfits the same for simplicity's sake. Even a lot of Unova characters' outfits haven't changed; N and Alder being good examples. I think it's mostly because their outfits are supposed to reflect their personality to a degree.

Ash is probably some kind of cyborg.

Some people change clothes; Elesa, Ghetsis, Cheren, Bianca, Lance, Blue (FRLG -> HGSS), etc. It's just that for most other characters, it's easier to keep their outfits the same for simplicity's sake. Even a lot of Unova characters' outfits haven't changed; N and Alder being good examples. I think it's mostly because their outfits are supposed to reflect their personality to a degree.
    I am talking about the characters that are coming back to this WT.

Elesa, Skyla, Ghetsis, Cheren and Bianca are major characters of B2W2... And Lance was a major character of Kanto-Johto saga.
    Different cases, I would say.

With a 1-2 years between two games, not changing outfits isn't a big deal for most characters, that are adults.
    But the kids like Cheren, Bianca, Iris... they need new character designs.

But 6~7 years passed since DPPt/HGSS... not changing at least the outfit of the characters is absurd. xD
    Last edited by Nyarlathotep; 9th June 2012 at 6:18 AM.

But 6~7 years passed since DPPt/HGSS... not changing at least the outfit of the characters is absurd. xD
    Yeah they could have at least got new clothes, look at Blue.
        Spoiler:- BLUE COMPARISON:

All they did was turn him a little and raise his arm, he didn't even change clothes.
        Spoiler:- Challenges:

Userbar made by Geijutsu-shin in Trickster44's Art Shop

Quote Originally Posted by ilovedeino View Post
    Yeah they could have at least got new clothes, look at Blue.
        Spoiler:- BLUE COMPARISON:

All they did was turn him a little and raise his arm, he didn't even change clothes.
    Actually...the HGSS sprite you posted is only 1 of a 3 frame animation, the BW2 Pose is the final pose of the HGSS animation.

Or the reason no one changed is because it's not canon.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    Actually, I think there's a good chance that it is canon, as it is the subject of Cynthia's mention of a "gathering of champions" in Black and White. However, that does not necessarily mean that all of the involved participants need be canon (especially any downloadable ones).

What I'm saying is that if it was canon then there would be differences in the past trainers. Unless bw/b2w2 take place in a different universe.

What I'm saying is that if it was canon then there would be differences in the past trainers. Unless bw/b2w2 take place in a different universe.
    Not necessarily. It would just mean that Game Freak chose not to give them new artwork because it's not a part of the "main story." It can still be very much canon. Or it could not be. Since it's a side-game, it's canonicity is really up to interpretation.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

It's good to see some people have different sprites but not everybody needs to be wearing different clothes

Firstly, I think the ship is too symmetrical for that to be ice. I think it is just a trimming on the design.

Also, as for the character designs at the world tournament, wasn't something about time said through it? So maybe they are just battle simulations. I definitely think there is a reason, game freak have not just been lazy, because they have to do many frames of artwork for the battle animations now, so if they have to make that many new frames, why not just give them new designs? Because they are sims. Just a theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ash View Post
    Firstly, I think the ship is too symmetrical for that to be ice. I think it is just a trimming on the design.

Also, as for the character designs at the world tournament, wasn't something about time said through it? So maybe they are just battle simulations. I definitely think there is a reason, game freak have not just been lazy, because they have to do many frames of artwork for the battle animations now, so if they have to make that many new frames, why not just give them new designs? Because they are sims. Just a theory.
    That's a fairly common hypothesis, yes, but what a lot of people forget is that in BW1, the real Cynthia mentioned that every few years, high-profile trainers from various regions get together and hold a tournament to see who's the strongest. Since the World Tournament is what she was referring to, that would mean that the participants are, in fact, the genuine article.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Theory only, based on the last couple posts (but even I don't believe it lol):

Seeing how the building has just cropped up in the two years between BW and BW2, the World Tournament is pretty much guaranteed to have been held somewhere else before it's current location in Unova. It's possible that the building hasn't been finished long enough for the next tournament to be held, so we battle sim data from the LAST tournament. Any Unovian trainers with their current designs could be handwaved as saying it was easy for them to come in early and test the system, and as a result their database was updated.

Quote Originally Posted by DanteKoriyu View Post
    Theory only, based on the last couple posts (but even I don't believe it lol):

Seeing how the building has just cropped up in the two years between BW and BW2, the World Tournament is pretty much guaranteed to have been held somewhere else before it's current location in Unova. It's possible that the building hasn't been finished long enough for the next tournament to be held, so we battle sim data from the LAST tournament. Any Unovian trainers with their current designs could be handwaved as saying it was easy for them to come in early and test the system, and as a result their database was updated.
    The building could be where the desert used to be...but thats unlikely since its not on the map. Maybe its on a Island like the ones seen near Undella. Possibly considering thats where Cynthia was in BW.
    Last edited by Flygon Master54; 9th June 2012 at 5:47 PM.
    More trainers shall behold the power of the epic dragon pokémon.
    Best Pseudo Dragons-
    Future Draconian Team- (only because of sand veil, it was hard to abandon Flygon)
    White 2 Team:
    , , , , ,

RANK UP: Flygon is like totally the best pokémon dude

Achroma is battled there judging by the trailers, so the tournament is canon as is everything else.
    BLAH

That would explain a lot, but Achroma is battled there and I think Cynthia made a reference to something similar in BW... but if they really don't give any explanation (as to how the Tournament was created, why no one's changed, or at least why a wanted criminal is taking part), the World Tournament will be Fanon Discontinuity to me, personally, even if it's treated as canon.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

When was it said Achroma was battled there?

When was it said Achroma was battled there?
    We see him on stage at one point
    One of the earlier screens

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    We see him on stage at one point
    One of the earlier screens
    And in some kind of Plasma HQ too! Man, that dude is popping up everywhere.

I also get the impression from that little trailer clip of him up close flipping his book shut that he'll be the one to give us the 'welcome to the pokemon world, what was your name again?...' etc spiel at the beginning of the game.
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

Page 261 of 362 FirstFirst ... 161211251257258259260261262263264265271311361 ... LastLast