Page 351 of 362 FirstFirst ... 251301341347348349350351352353354355361 ... LastLast
Results 8,751 to 8,775 of 9033

Thread: Gameplay Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    If there's nothing wrong with, why should people who use the method be punished?
    There has to be an added stipulation I think. It makes things too easy

Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    It makes things too easy
    And you know how easy it is, because you're an excellent PRNG manipulator, right?

RNGing isn't cheating, it's just speeding up the process.

Like I said, I'm not picking sides. I just have a personal preference. That's all.

/Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Apparently, my Pokemon have been infected by an abnormally long lasting strain of the Pokerus by some stupid hacker's Pokemon I accidentally got from the GTS.

I wouldn't mind if I didn't already have a legit Pokerus that only lasts a day or two...
    Were the infected PKMN in your box?

Like I said, I'm not picking sides. I just have a personal preference. That's all.
    You're not picking sides, you're just saying why it's bad.

Apparently, my Pokemon have been infected by an abnormally long lasting strain of the Pokerus by some stupid hacker's Pokemon I accidentally got from the GTS.

I wouldn't mind if I didn't already have a legit Pokerus that only lasts a day or two...
    I have to wonder if I have this too. My team's had Pokerus from the Magnemite Coil for almost a week now. O.o

That happens to be precisely how I got it on my Pokemon. Apparently, the longest it can last because of a hacker is 15 days, when it normally lasts for four days at most.

That said, I'm trying to make sure it doesn't spread to any more of my Pokemon until it goes away, because I'd much rather utilize my legit Pokerus.

I was just doing the doubles tournament with unova leaders. I started with Haxorus and Ampharos. Haxorus fainted I put in Embroar. Then in the same turn Embroar and Ampharos fainted so I had to choose another pokemon. This is where it gets weird my game went into a loop and I couldnt select genesect. It just kept sending me to the select screen. I chose genesect but i needed to cchoose another so I choose genesect again but now I need the first pokemon and so on. Stuck on an infinite loop. Not sure if this has been discovered if it has my apologies.
    "I swear to God when I evolve I'm going to kill you all" - Magikarp
        Spoiler:- Friend Codes:

Quote Originally Posted by pela View Post
    I was just doing the doubles tournament with unova leaders. I started with Haxorus and Ampharos. Haxorus fainted I put in Embroar. Then in the same turn Embroar and Ampharos fainted so I had to choose another pokemon. This is where it gets weird my game went into a loop and I couldnt select genesect. It just kept sending me to the select screen. I chose genesect but i needed to cchoose another so I choose genesect again but now I need the first pokemon and so on. Stuck on an infinite loop. Not sure if this has been discovered if it has my apologies.
    This probably isn't a glitch. When you select a pokemon to switch in after one faints you may choose the position in which it is sent out. This happens in both Triples and Doubles(for some reason). At the point of the 'loop' you should have chosen which of your fainted pokemon to switch for. It's just another one of those things that pokemon tells you diddly-squat about and you have to figure it out for yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

RNG manipulation being "cheating" is up to the individual, but it certainly is legitimate. The meaning of "cheating" involves some sort of ethical mindset, whereas the meaning of "legitimacy" doesn't.

At least that's what I think.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    RNG manipulation being "cheating" is up to the individual, but it certainly is legitimate. The meaning of "cheating" involves some sort of ethical mindset, whereas the meaning of "legitimacy" doesn't.

At least that's what I think.
    It's more-so abusing imo which is just using your resources. Nothin wrong with that

It's more-so abusing imo which is just using your resources. Nothin wrong with that
    As long as one doesn't do something that is impossible to do in the game without the assistance of other tools, then it's legitimate. Again, that's just me, and there's nothing wrong with manipulating the RNG since the player isn't actually achieving something that they otherwise wouldn't be able to achieve in the game.

(Yes, not manipulating the RNG would make the achievement really hard to achieve, but it's still possible and therefore is legitimate.)

I'm not sure if this is a glitch in my game or not. But it says that both N and Colress are rebattle-able. For N, I visited him at the Ferris Wheel on Friday, but he doesn't show in Team Plasma's Fortress for a rebattle. I've arleady caught Kyurem, and all the other requirements (even battled him once before)

As for Colress, I've only just battled him once last week Friday, but now he just doesn't show up anymore everytime I visit the Frigate. Can anyone help me with this?
    Pokemon Black FC - Brandon 2409 0115 8861
    3DS FC = 4356-0520-1613 IGN-Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Don't the fans that show up also base around beating the e4, your current Join Avenue Rank (I thought that you were capped on the amount of people that go through the avenue depending on the rank), and if you passed a lot of people (if it caps out each day, fans could only fill out the remaining slots yeah?)?

btw the trainer card details the amount of wins in PWT & movies made for people who aren't 100% sure
    As far as I'm aware, the only limitation is that you can only have a max of 12 players in your Join Avenue at any given time. Once you clear them out, you're free to get another 12 players. Also, if you already have a high number of players in your avenue when more fans are supposed to arrive, they won't show up until you clear the players out. The reverse seems to be true, as well.

But yeah. Beating the E4 did increase my number of fans. Doing musicals also seems to have increased my number of fans to seven and I finally had a gym leader show up yesterday (Drayden, who's probably the most useful due to having no preference in shops whatsoever).

Quote Originally Posted by Krusnik View Post
    I'm not sure if this is a glitch in my game or not. But it says that both N and Colress are rebattle-able. For N, I visited him at the Ferris Wheel on Friday, but he doesn't show in Team Plasma's Fortress for a rebattle. I've arleady caught Kyurem, and all the other requirements (even battled him once before)

As for Colress, I've only just battled him once last week Friday, but now he just doesn't show up anymore everytime I visit the Frigate. Can anyone help me with this?
    I can't answer your question about N, but Colress moves onto the deck of the ship after you beat him the first time (The bow, or north side of it, specifically).

I make sure to buy an ether from Join Avenue every day. Yesssss I'm so glad we can finally buy these.

Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post
    I make sure to buy an ether from Join Avenue every day. Yesssss I'm so glad we can finally buy these.
    Leppa Berries? Unless you aren't a Dream Worlder

Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post
    I'm so glad that they put Join Avenue in the game for the people who don't or can't use the Dream World. It should definitely be something that stays in future games. (:

If I need PP restoratives, I just do the first trading Funfest mission.

You can get Max Elixirs fairly often.

If I need PP restoratives, I just do the first trading Funfest mission.

You can get Max Elixirs fairly often.
    The Funfest missions are done with another DS, right?

...I wouldn't know. I'm not one of those people who like to tinker with local wireless things.

You can do them solo.

You just won't be able to max out your Entree's White or Black level depending on which game you're playing.

It's in one's best interests to do so, as the pass powers are too good.

You can do them solo.

You just won't be able to max out your Entree's White or Black level depending on which game you're playing.

It's in one's best interests to do so, as the pass powers are too good.
    Really?! Wow, I didn't know that!

Maybe I should do some to get some PP-restorative items! (You can get them even if you're doing those Missions alone, right?)

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    The Funfest missions are done with another DS, right?

...I wouldn't know. I'm not one of those people who like to tinker with local wireless things.
    All Fun Fest missions can be done entirely single player.
    The only penalty is that you have a lower chance of increasing the Entree level and I think can't get as nice a Pass Orb reward

It's really nice at the start since you have the Berry Search mission and can amass the early berries (Oran, Pecha, Cheri, etc) fairly easily. And then you have immediate access to the EXP+ & Search+ powers

You can still get level ups around 50% of the time by repeating the first item collecting mission, as it's easy to get around 35 points per play on that one you know where to look.

It's also a decent source of income due to the Big Pearls you find.

You can still get level ups around 50% of the time by repeating the first item collecting mission, as it's easy to get around 35 points per play on that one you know where to look.

It's also a decent source of income due to the Big Pearls you find.
    Is there like a chart detailing performance in the mission to probability of getting level ups
    .....how does leveling up work exactly between versions? Does it go by the host's version? I haven't made a lot of headway in my White 2 version so I can't test it...and no one really talks about the things.

I think the Game play is exactly like B/W although some of the new features like Join Avenue and PWT are pretty incredible. I have always wanted a tournament based thing like in the pokemon leagues in the anime and the closest we got to that was the battle dome in Emerald. In this facility you can battle every gym leader in any region and the champions as well. Truly awesome

Page 351 of 362 FirstFirst ... 251301341347348349350351352353354355361 ... LastLast