Page 352 of 362 FirstFirst ... 252302342348349350351352353354355356 ... LastLast
Results 8,776 to 8,800 of 9033

Thread: Gameplay Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Is there like a chart detailing performance in the mission to probability of getting level ups
    .....how does leveling up work exactly between versions? Does it go by the host's version? I haven't made a lot of headway in my White 2 version so I can't test it...and no one really talks about the things.
    It indeed goes by the host's version.

There's no real details on how often you get level ups, just that more points produces a higher chance of it, and that you can gain up to 10 levels in one mission if you have enough people participating and you amass enough points. 50% is just a rough estimate of how often I get levels from that particular mission.

I swear that last round of worlds master PWT is so broken. Every time I get to the last match the game finds some way to cheat me.

1st attempt: elesa gets a crit on my terrakion with zebstrika's wild charge and is faster because of a scarf, thus making my other 2 pokemon useless because both are weak against electric types. I get her down to one pokemon and it lives with a freaking smidge of hp.

2nd attempt: Giovanni's hippowdon's quick claw activated every freaking turn when it was out. Plus the sand stream from hippowdon made garchomp a major jerk. Luckily I got a curse body on it making it useless into killing itself. But he still had his rhyperior and jellicent dies from sandstorm.

3rd attempt: Burgh does the most broken thing ever. Double team spam. No matter how many times he used it I couldn't land a hit.

I'm on my 4th attempt right now.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    I swear that last round of worlds master PWT is so broken. Every time I get to the last match the game finds some way to cheat me.
    LOL.

I said the exactly same thing when I played the JP version.
    No one believed me.

I finally won. They put me up against Volkner in the final round and I OHKOed all his pokemon with terrakion.

Electivire OHKOed by EQ
    Jolteon OHKOed by sacred sword
    Rotom(fan) OHKOed by stone edge(which misses more often than my Tornudus' focus blast)

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post

1st attempt: elesa gets a crit on my terrakion with zebstrika's wild charge and is faster because of a scarf, thus making my other 2 pokemon useless because both are weak against electric types. I get her down to one pokemon and it lives with a freaking smidge of hp.

2nd attempt: Giovanni's hippowdon's quick claw activated every freaking turn when it was out. Plus the sand stream from hippowdon made garchomp a major jerk. Luckily I got a curse body on it making it useless into killing itself. But he still had his rhyperior and jellicent dies from sandstorm.

3rd attempt: Burgh does the most broken thing ever. Double team spam. No matter how many times he used it I couldn't land a hit.

I'm on my 4th attempt right now.

I know that feel, bro. What's even crazier is that it feels like it gets harder with every win. (You know how the announcer talks about you differently after a few wins? Feels like things got harder then.) I managed to get 4 out of the 10 wins I need to unlock the Champions tournament, then lost a couple dozen straight.

It's unfortunate, but I don't think I can pull it off with the pokemon I used during the regular game. I'll be back once I've bred and trained a team, which will take a long, long time.

Can anyone beat ore finder level 3 solo?

I don't think I'm going to be able to beat the world leaders . But I will try it, but only like once or twice. I am not playing 40 battles several times; I don't have the patience for that

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Can anyone beat ore finder level 3 solo?
    I did, though barely.

I started at the Relic Castle, cleaned it out, flew to the PWT, cleaned out the Relic Passage, then went to the Chargestone Cave and finished up there.

Quote Originally Posted by jabs4 View Post
    One of the things I noticed is more of the little nuances. Like, the glare of the sunshine when coming out of a building that I've noticed thus far. The character dialogue with the added emphasis of more thought bubbles has been nice. So far, so good I would say.
    Wait what!? can you screenshot please?
    This game sounds really fun (: I cannot wait to get it!! The breeder and rare candy trick sounds interesting too!!
    Last edited by divinepokemonXZ; 23rd October 2012 at 3:16 AM. Reason: spelling error
    And that day the entire Pokémon community exploded with rage...

I just realized today that there are no more ladders in BW2 (I don't think there were even in BW1). Thank god, having a ladder in the middle of a cave is kind of ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Endoplasmic Reticulum View Post
    I just realized today that there are no more ladders in BW2 (I don't think there were even in BW1). Thank god, having a ladder in the middle of a cave is kind of ridiculous
    There haven't been ladders in any game since 4th gen with the exception of HGSS. I'd kind of prefer they bring them back, but it doesn't matter too much, the difference is somewhat subtle.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I wonder, what color of C-Gear you all are using right now?

Mine is black, to match the Halloween-themed wallpaper.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

No more ridiculous than perfectly carved stairs, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    There haven't been ladders in any game since 4th gen with the exception of HGSS. I'd kind of prefer they bring them back, but it doesn't matter too much, the difference is somewhat subtle.
    Really? I could have sworn they were in DPPt.

Also they aren't stairs, they're slopes that allow you to descend

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post

I'm just using the default pink color that's displayed when you first get the C-Gear. It sort of fits with the female player character's mood, I guess.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Just wanted to say that I really like this game's level curve, it's a vast improvement over the really low levels that HG/SS and B/W had. I have six badges and all my Pokemon are in their low-to-mid 40's, and every opponent I'm facing right now (I'm on the route that's west of Lacunosa Town) has no Pokemon lower than Lv41. In B/W1, we didn't even see Lv40+ until the last Gym, so kudos to Game Freak for letting B2/W2 have a higher level curve.
    HOW TO HEAR KYUREM'S CRY IN REAL LIFE:
    1. Blow your nose

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
    Just wanted to say that I really like this game's level curve, it's a vast improvement over the really low levels that HG/SS and B/W had. I have six badges and all my Pokemon are in their low-to-mid 40's, and every opponent I'm facing right now (I'm on the route that's west of Lacunosa Town) has no Pokemon lower than Lv41. In B/W1, we didn't even see Lv40+ until the last Gym, so kudos to Game Freak for letting B2/W2 have a higher level curve.
    I don't really like the level jump between the end of the main game and the beginning of post-game. Maybe if the player's mother said something like, "Hey, <player>! Prof. Juniper suggested that you go to ____ first," then the level gap between the end of the main game and going to a place that the player's mother doesn't suggest the player to go to would be more justified. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post

You can change the color?
    I just figured it was stuck on Pink/Blue depending on gender & that you could only change the shapes of the Online/IR/Wireless buttons

You can change the color?
    I just figured it was stuck on Pink/Blue depending on gender & that you could only change the shapes of the Online/IR/Wireless buttons
    Yeah, there's a little swatch that lets you change the color of the background. I think you're thinking about the C-Gear in BW and not BW2.

On the subject, I don't really like the ring style of BW2's C-Gears, but I like the overall larger interface.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Yeah, there's a little swatch that lets you change the color of the background. I think you're thinking about the C-Gear in BW and not BW2.

On the subject, I don't really like the ring style of BW2's C-Gears, but I like the overall larger interface.
    *taps rings*
    ohhh

Well now I'm rocking orange

*taps rings*
    ohhh

Well now I'm rocking orange
    Speaking of the C-Gear, does it significantly alter anybody's gameplay experience, or is it just there as a nifty little add-on that you could probably do without?

Speaking of the C-Gear, does it significantly alter anybody's gameplay experience, or is it just there as a nifty little add-on that you could probably do without?
    I like it as an add-on, and I hope that some of the things it does (downloadable backgrounds, color custimization, pass powers, ir acccess) stick around in future bottom screen but I wouldn't say it significantly changed anything

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
    Well to be fair, HGSS had low levels because it was longer, but BW1 doesn't have that excuse. Late in the game (past the 6th gym roughly), they were too underleveled, I'm glad they fixed that as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I like it as an add-on, and I hope that some of the things it does (downloadable backgrounds, color custimization, pass powers, ir acccess) stick around in future bottom screen but I wouldn't say it significantly changed anything
    I just didn't like it taking up the entirety of the bottom screen at all times, since most of the time I don't see myself using it. I liked the pragmatism that HG/SS's bottom screen brought.

I just didn't like it taking up the entirety of the bottom screen at all times, since most of the time I don't see myself using it. I liked the pragmatism that HG/SS's bottom screen brought.
    I loved HGSS's touchscreen, including the ability to turn the Running Shoes on permanently. It'd have been really nice if they would have found some way to hybridize that menu and the C-Gear, just put a C-Gear button on the its layout, or put the extra options on the C-Gears orb buttons. lol
    Last edited by DanteKoriyu; 23rd October 2012 at 8:06 AM.

Page 352 of 362 FirstFirst ... 252302342348349350351352353354355356 ... LastLast