Page 357 of 362 FirstFirst ... 257307347353354355356357358359360361 ... LastLast
Results 8,901 to 8,925 of 9033

Thread: Gameplay Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Me.

Well, all of the ones that are available, at least.
    I stand corrected. It just seems like a lot of work just to progress w/ the challenge

Got a question, is there a way to turn off the background music, leaving only the sounds on?

Quote Originally Posted by BGMaxie View Post
    Got a question, is there a way to turn off the background music, leaving only the sounds on?
    Not to my knowledge. I doubt it though.

Try asking here:

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...-2-Help-thread

Quote Originally Posted by TotalPotato View Post
    If you shoot all the movies at Pokéstar Studios, you'll have Lemonade and Moomoo Milk coming out of your ears, so I don't think availability would be that big of a problem.
    and if you have a high level Mart in the Join Avenue, you'll never need to buy Super Potions anymore.
    Currently I have 200+ Fresh Waters and only 25 Super Potions, and I already forgot when I bought those Super Potions.

Money is really not an issue in B/W and B/W 2, there are so many ways to get a lot of money.
    In fact, in my Black I have 7 million pokedollar that went unused because I don't have anything I need to buy lol.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by TotalPotato View Post
    If you shoot all the movies at Pokéstar Studios, you'll have Lemonade and Moomoo Milk coming out of your ears, so I don't think availability would be that big of a problem.
    I'd rather just continue on with the main game than "grind" with Pokéstar movies to get food healing items. Yeah, it's the player's decision not to make those movies, but the movies aren't a core mechanic of the game and should be able to be skipped in order to fully enjoy the game.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Uh, so, I guess this would go here but uhhhh

I just traded Yancy for her Mewoth.
    But counting the call today I've only done it 31 times. I know I haven't miscounted my tally because:
    1. Because the last time I called her definitely was #30, the one where she first asks us to ride the Ferris Wheel with her
    2. I have not had a sound only call (#40)
    3. Definitely have not seen them in their work clothing (#50)

Was this old news? Have I just missed the revelation that 30 (well, 31) calls are fine?

Yeah, I posted something to that effect in the Mistakes on Serebii.net thread (it was 32 times for me, but I think I called her again once on the day I rode the Ferris wheel with her). I suspect you can trade with her any time after that Ferris wheel ride when she starts smiling on the Xtransceiver.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

I speedrun DS Pokémon games. Currently, I speedrun Pokémon White 2, and I've also ran Pokémon Pearl in the past. If you want to see Pokémon games pushed to their limits (or if you want to do so yourself!), check out the Pokémon Speedruns website, and if you want to watch me, catch me on my Twitch channel.

Does anyone else not find Challenge Mode not so challenging? The only time I felt the difference was against Elesa, who has the ever so hated Emolga.
    My White 2 Challenge-Mode Team: Defeated Champion

My Black 2 Team: Defeated Champion

According to the Japanese wiki, the highest level of the Lucky pass power provides an increase in the shiny Pokemon encounter rate...

Time to grind my Entree to level 100.

Is it just me, or are Pokemon ridiculously hard to catch in these games? I have absolutely no freaking luck, even on the weakest Pokemon...
    SoulSilver BQ

Wonderful Banner by Golden Jet!!!!!
    Chapter 9 is up!! (Still Shocking!)

The catch rate formula's the same, I believe.

Use moar Quick Balls.

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    The catch rate formula's the same, I believe.

Use moar Quick Balls.
    I love quick balls, but I'm currently outside Virbank City, and can't catch a Venipede to save my life. I've also had problems with patrat, psyduck and Sunkern too.....

Not to mention a few not to be named instances in White 2... maybe I just have bad luck... Well I know I have bad luck, but it's not been this bad before xD
    SoulSilver BQ

Quote Originally Posted by Charoshi View Post
    I love quick balls, but I'm currently outside Virbank City, and can't catch a Venipede to save my life. I've also had problems with patrat, psyduck and Sunkern too.....

Not to mention a few not to be named instances in White 2... maybe I just have bad luck... Well I know I have bad luck, but it's not been this bad before xD
    Are you still using regular poke balls?

According to the Japanese wiki, the highest level of the Lucky pass power provides an increase in the shiny Pokemon encounter rate...

Time to grind my Entree to level 100.
    That's pretty interesting. How much does it increase chances by? I'd imagine that it wouldn't be much of an improvement, if at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    That's pretty interesting. How much does it increase chances by? I'd imagine that it wouldn't be much of an improvement, if at all.
    It's a power only available through a maxed entree
    It better be noticeable after all that effort

The level 3 version you get much earlier has the same disclaimer about making shinies more common.

It's just that the S version received at Black level 100 lasts 10 minutes instead of three, making it a lot more convenient to use.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    It's a power only available through a maxed entree
    It better be noticeable after all that effort
    I'm going to assume that the chance increase is equivalent to the difference between 1/1366 and 1/1024 or something pretty small like that. :/

Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    Are you still using regular poke balls?
    Hahaha, yeah I was, but I had never had that bad of luck with them, I find Pokeballs have been a godsend for me over the years. I'm pretty sure I caught Terrakion in one on white2.
    SoulSilver BQ

Hahaha, yeah I was, but I had never had that bad of luck with them, I find Pokeballs have been a godsend for me over the years. I'm pretty sure I caught Terrakion in one on white2.
    If you're really having trouble, you can get an Ultra Ball from someone in Aspertia City after defeating Cheren.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

I speedrun DS Pokémon games. Currently, I speedrun Pokémon White 2, and I've also ran Pokémon Pearl in the past. If you want to see Pokémon games pushed to their limits (or if you want to do so yourself!), check out the Pokémon Speedruns website, and if you want to watch me, catch me on my Twitch channel.

Lol so far I've caught Regirock with a Great Ball and Terrakion and Uxie in Nest Balls. That's a bit insulting actually, given they're designed for weak wild pokemon :P

You must have some luck then. You can get a couple Great Balls in Virbank iirc

heh, back then in Black, when I was SR-ing for a Kyurem with a good Nature, I always have no problem capturing it within a Premier Ball or a Luxury Ball.

The level 3 version you get much earlier has the same disclaimer about making shinies more common.

It's just that the S version received at Black level 100 lasts 10 minutes instead of three, making it a lot more convenient to use.
    If the only advantage we get for the one that requires maxed Entree is the duration......yeah, the increase in chance definitely won't be much of an improvement.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    heh, back then in Black, when I was SR-ing for a Kyurem with a good Nature, I always have no problem capturing it within a Premier Ball or a Luxury Ball.
    I just caught my Kyurem in BW2 the other night. I was SR-ing as well for a good nature but I just used my Master Ball. First Master Ball I've used in just about 10+ playthroughs

Not sure if anyone else had this problem, or if its already been brought up, but I returned the lost transreceiver to Yancy, took a ride on the ferris wheel with her, registered her in the transreceiver, and now when I try to call her, she no longer appears as a choice to call. Help please?
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

I support--v

Quote Originally Posted by wacwacwac View Post
    Not sure if anyone else had this problem, or if its already been brought up, but I returned the lost transreceiver to Yancy, took a ride on the ferris wheel with her, registered her in the transreceiver, and now when I try to call her, she no longer appears as a choice to call. Help please?
    it's random
    I say as much in the FAQ

Page 357 of 362 FirstFirst ... 257307347353354355356357358359360361 ... LastLast