Page 358 of 362 FirstFirst ... 258308348354355356357358359360361362 LastLast
Results 8,926 to 8,950 of 9033

Thread: Gameplay Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

I had the same problem, you have to go to the area's where she would call you, and then check your Xtrans, if she's available to call she will be on the list, if not, head to the next spot.

I got suprised by how many tag battles you and your rival have.

Quote Originally Posted by Adalricus View Post
    I got suprised by how many tag battles you and your rival have.
    I enjoyed it. I kind of hoped they would have put more in

Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    I enjoyed it. I kind of hoped they would have put more in
    It would've been nice if he'd actually contributed more to the battles, though. Same with Cheren and Bianca.

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    It would've been nice if he'd actually contributed more to the battles, though. Same with Cheren and Bianca.
    Ya. Half the time, all their PKMN fainted...

More exp. for me though

Eh, Cheren & Bianca were pretty helpful in their tag portions. Good at dealing damage, good at keeping healed when need be. I rarely saw their 3rd Pokemon.
    There were a couple of times where Hugh made me yell at him, but at least he's not Bar- "I will use a Munchlax and you will like it"-ry

Ya. Half the time, all their PKMN fainted...

More exp. for me though
    you still got the same amount of exp. regardless if they fainted or not.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Eh, Cheren & Bianca were pretty helpful in their tag portions. Good at dealing damage, good at keeping healed when need be. I rarely saw their 3rd Pokemon.
    There were a couple of times where Hugh made me yell at him, but at least he's not Bar- "I will use a Munchlax and you will like it"-ry
    For me the only convenient thing about the tag battles was the auto-healing after each battle, as none of them contributed anything helpful to the battle itself.

you still got the same amount of exp. regardless if they fainted or not..
    It was more of a rhetorical, nya-nyaing statement

The only time they weren't useful was when Hugh decides to use Arm Thrust on a poison or flying type

Or when Hugh decides that knocking out the pokemon I wanted to catch was a good idea

The only time they weren't useful was when Hugh decides to use Arm Thrust on a poison or flying type

Or when Hugh decides that knocking out the pokemon I wanted to catch was a good idea
    At least we can be grateful Cheryl didn't return to drop those useless Egg Bombs all over everything

I think the problem was my Pokemon were rather overleveled in comparison to his.

At least we can be grateful Cheryl didn't return to drop those useless Egg Bombs all over everything
    At least when she used Egg Bomb you could count on it missing or doing a miniscule amount of damage ;)

This. It's amazing that if you chose Snivy, Hugh's Emboar almost always had a type advantage against whoever we were fighting, that was extremely helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

One thing I hate about having a partner, is that we still can see a shiny while we're with them

Game Freak should have set it so that shinies won't be encountered while we have a partner......I personally haven't lost any shiny in this way, but I've read a few stories from those who do, and I certainly don't want that to happen to me. It's not that easy to defeat our partner's Pokemon either.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    One thing I hate about having a partner, is that we still can see a shiny while we're with them

Game Freak should have set it so that shinies won't be encountered while we have a partner......I personally haven't lost any shiny in this way, but I've read a few stories from those who do, and I certainly don't want that to happen to me. It's not that easy to defeat our partner's Pokemon either.
    it is when you're twenty-seven levels higher @__@

it is when you're twenty-seven levels higher @__@
    I think complaining about useless partners kind of goes out the window at that point

Bianca was kind of annoying, because Musharna is slow and isn't that great against a lot of the stuff in Reversal Mountain, especially the Excadrills. At least she gave free healing, because if I didn't have that following me I would've lost my mind in that cave. I didn't really mind the other team-ups, and I dare say that Cheren was actually somewhat helpful as a partner.

I found it interesting on the Frigate team-ups that when teamed with Hugh/Schmuck, the Grunts attacked his starter/Servine, but when paired with Cheren, the Grunts attacked my Pokemon. Don't know if that happened to anyone else.

Well at least the Musharna's tough. I just use AoE attacks there such as Bulldoze and Surf. Her mon can weather that one attack out.

The free healing is actually pretty nifty for training weaker Pokémon such as my Zorua that I haven't evolved yet. What I don't like about the partner is the half EXP. I guess this balances out the free healing but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

Anyone saying Red is a good trainer please explain to me how he can have a Jolteon get OHKO'ed by a Thunderbolt. From a Rhyhorn.

Proud owner of an English Unnerve Mewtwo.

I'm currently in Sinnoh and Johto-Kanto at the moment. If you want to do a trade, notify me when as I won't be online in Kalos (Gen VI).

CHeren's post game team up is super helprful, the mons are high leveled, and you get free healing, I have yet to complete the sidequest there because I keep bringing back weaker teamates to level up.

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    I found it interesting on the Frigate team-ups that when teamed with Hugh/Schmuck, the Grunts attacked his starter/Servine, but when paired with Cheren, the Grunts attacked my Pokemon. Don't know if that happened to anyone else.
    Yeah, whenever I teamed up with Hugh, Team Plasma would usually gang up on his Emboar, even when I was the easier target.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Yeah, whenever I teamed up with Hugh, Team Plasma would usually gang up on his Emboar, even when I was the easier target.
    Same happened to me and actually in any match up it happens to where I am fighting along side someone and they also get attacked first. Were your Pokemon were leveled up than his?
    岩根雅明=♡

Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    Same happened to me and actually in any match up it happens to where I am fighting along side someone and they also get attacked first. Were your Pokemon were leveled up than his?
    No, they were actually underleveled, and that's part of what made me an easier target.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    CHeren's post game team up is super helprful, the mons are high leveled, and you get free healing, I have yet to complete the sidequest there because I keep bringing back weaker teamates to level up.
    This was probably my favorite team-up yet.

Other than the reasons you listed, you get some double battles with some nice Pokemon in the Forest

New season for the first time (in the english games, anyway)! What can we do? We can battle the shadow triad again, of course. Also, there are a couple of items you can grab now that it's autumn, such as the pits on the route between Flocessy and Virbank (route 20?), which are now filled with nice crunchy leaves which we can walk on and listen to that satisfying sound! Also, Castelia sewers have no water now, interestingly! It gets light and dark out at different times now. And we can repeat the N battle I think, but I haven't gotten around to checking that out yet. Oh, also, there is different background music. Anyone notice any other neat things? I love the look of Autumn Unova, we have a month of enjoying the soft and bright yellows and oranges before the bleak, icy Winter. I am looking forward to doing some Winter exploring though

Went out to explore Route 20 with all the fallen leaves. Items of note were a Rare Candy and a Max Revive. Also, there are three rangers to battle down there, and the leaf covered battlefield looks really nice, it's too bad it'll only show up three times.

The sewers being flooded really brings nothing new except a new room to visit, which has absolutely nothing in it! Great!

I really wish the effects on Route 20 were present all over Unova, (with Northern Unova obviously being colder) there's multiple colored trees, and it really helps the route have that autumn feel.

Page 358 of 362 FirstFirst ... 258308348354355356357358359360361362 LastLast