Page 359 of 362 FirstFirst ... 259309349355356357358359360361362 LastLast
Results 8,951 to 8,975 of 9033

Thread: Gameplay Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

The leaves on Rt. 20 are kind of annoying, they're like the marshes in DPPt except with less spots to get stuck.

And Castelia Sewers is really boring in Autumn. At least half of the area is inaccessible, including Castelia Alley, so if you haven't already gone there and gotten all of the items and beaten the trainers, you won't get to again until January. And there's not much that's new that you can access, just a female Scientist and an empty room. Very disappointing.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 1st November 2012 at 7:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    And Castelia Sewers is really boring in Autumn. At least half of the area is inaccessible, including Castelia Alley, so if you haven't already gone there and gotten all of the items and beaten the trainers, you won't get to again until January. And there's not much that's new that you can access, just a female Scientist and an empty room. Very disappointing.
    Really? You can't access the alley in autumn or winter? I could've sworn it's only during that time that I was able to go there...

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    The leaves on Rt. 20 are kind of annoying, they're like the marshes in DPPt except with less spots to get stuck.

That's sad

I'm excited for the winter seasons because that's the only time you can get those ridiculously placed items

Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    I'm excited for the winter seasons because that's the only time you can get those ridiculously placed items
    Of course, you could always change the time on your DS clock, but what's the joy and excitement in that?

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Of course, you could always change the time on your DS clock, but what's the joy and excitement in that?
    Ya. I wouldn't do that. That defeats the purpose of waiting for the seasons to change like in real life ^^

Ya. I wouldn't do that. That defeats the purpose of waiting for the seasons to change like in real life ^^
    Yeah, it definitely makes the item or Pokémon much less rewarding to obtain, and definitely makes the game less fun. (:

Yeah, it definitely makes the item or Pokémon much less rewarding to obtain, and definitely makes the game less fun. (:
    If only all the items were worth the wait though :/

If only all the items were worth the wait though :/
    Well, Pokémon arguably are, as they can be considered collector's items, right? (:

Well, Pokémon arguably are, as they can be considered collector's items, right? (:
    I suppose so. But to wait till a specific season to get an item that isn't worth it is kind of deflaiting

I suppose so. But to wait till a specific season to get an item that isn't worth it is kind of deflaiting
    Well, the same could be said for Pokémon and items that can only be obtained in the non-winter seasons, so I guess you can't have it both ways. :/

Well, the same could be said for Pokémon and items that can only be obtained in the non-winter seasons, so I guess you can't have it both ways. :/
    Oh well. That's one of the reasons they have breeding and trading

Oh well. That's one of the reasons they have breeding and trading
    Yeah, that's true. But to be honest, the average casual player doesn't want to breed or trade for their stuff, at least from what I've seen. :/

how so, exactly? I'd rather not wait a month or two just to find some random Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    how so, exactly? I'd rather not wait a month or two just to find some random Pokemon.
    It more-so just defeats the purpose of a great mechanic imo

I suppose it's more of a matter of opinion

Really? You can't access the alley in autumn or winter? I could've sworn it's only during that time that I was able to go there...
    No, there's no way to get there in Autumn or Winter. The only way to get there is to use Surf during Spring or Summer.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

But see, that's the thing. It may be a "random Pokémon" to you, and you may just shrug it off, but it may not be for others.

I would've liked it more if they made items that are only accessible during the Winter Season snow hills (such as the Icirrus City items), available through leaf pile-ups in Autumn as well. Giving you 2 chances instead of 1.

I was reminded how much I hated being forced to do the Pokéstar studios again. Seriously, I hate how they made that mandatory to do, especially when they don't even show different videos, it's just the same one over and over.

I was reminded how much I hated being forced to do the Pokéstar studios again. Seriously, I hate how they made that mandatory to do, especially when they don't even show different videos, it's just the same one over and over.
    Speaking of which, they should've never forced the player to do a Musical in BW or a PWT match in BW2, either. :/

Speaking of which, they should've never forced the player to do a Musical in BW or a PWT match in BW2, either. :/
    Yeah, although in the case of the PWT it is beneficial regardless of whether you lose or not, since you either get a shard for losing, or BP for winning.

Especially the Musical. At least the PWT is about battling, which everybody does the whole game, the Musical is a completely different sidequest people might not even be interested in pursuing (I was certainly not, and my interest in doing Musicals is still less than zero).
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

Yeah, although in the case of the PWT it is beneficial regardless of whether you lose or not, since you either get a shard for losing, or BP for winning.
    You could technically say that about the PokéStar movie that you're forced to make, since it indirectly affects another sidequest later in the game (Join Avenue). The Musical, though, I don't believe there is an excuse for.

I didn't mind being forced to do the PWT. It was a rather extreme moment for me within the game when I didn't know what to expect @ all. I think the Pokestar Studio part could have been left out though

In Challenge Mode, does the AI switch Pokemon?
    In order to understand my train of thoughts,
    you'll have to put yourself in my position. You can't expect me to think like you because my life ain't like yours; You know what I'm sayin?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

Quote Originally Posted by azeem40 View Post
    In Challenge Mode, does the AI switch Pokemon?
    I haven't seen them do so, but there's really not much chance or reason for them to do so.

Page 359 of 362 FirstFirst ... 259309349355356357358359360361362 LastLast