Page 39 of 362 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast

Thread: Gameplay Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

And that character is for some other game, we've seen him last issue in the same twitter we got this pic from. Anyway, this weekend's gonna be a LOOOOOOOONG one when it comes to waiting. I can feel it. (unless someone does some good and posts pics by tomorrow)
    Last edited by mitchman_93; 10th March 2012 at 2:16 PM.
    BLAH

So... is there any possibility for more information and pics today or for tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by HyperXhydra95 View Post
    So... is there any possibility for more information and pics today or for tomorrow?
    I think tomorrow is more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by ben_pokemon View Post
    I think tomorrow is more likely.
    Mists of Pandaria press tour and waiting for more scans from CoroCoro... I'm going to be so impatient this weekend..
    My Y Team:

Whats the thing in the background of the corocoro issue? It looks like a giant mouth with a black nose.
    Last edited by crystalzapdos; 10th March 2012 at 4:06 PM.
    No sig. Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by crystalzapdos View Post
    Whats the thing in the background of the corocoro issue? It looks like a giant mouth with a black nose.
    That's just yours truly Grandpa Danger, a character from an ongoing manga in CoroCoro.

Here are my predictions of Gym Leaders in BW2. It would be nice if you could comment on them.

Cilan: Pansage lvl 15
    Petil lvl 13
    Lillipup lvl 13

Cress: Panpour lvl 15
    Tympole lvl 13
    Lillipup lvl 13

Chili: Pansear lvl 15
    Darumaka lvl 13
    Lillipup lvl 13

Lenora: Watchog lvl 21
    Tranquill lvl 21
    Herdier lvl 23

Burgh: Leavanny lvl 25
    Whirlipede lvl 25
    Larvesta lvl 24
    Crustle lvl 27 (I know its underleveled, But Drake had THREE lvl 50 Dragonites and Ghestis had a lvl 54 Hydreigon)

Elesa: Emolga lvl 30
    Emolga lvl 30
    Eelektrik lvl 31
    Zebstrika lvl 33

Clay: Golett lvl 33
    Krokorok lvl 34
    Stunfisk lvl 34
    Excadrill lvl 35
    Seismitoad lvl 37

Skyla: Unfezant lvl 38
    Rufflet lvl 36
    Vullaby lvl 36
    Swoobat lvl 37
    Swanna lvl 41

Brycen: Cryogonal lvl 46
    Beartic lvl 46
    Vanilluxe lvl 48

Iris/Drayden: Serperior lvl 47
    Deino lvl 46
    Druddigon lvl 49
    Archeops lvl 50
    Fraxure lvl 48
    Haxorus lvl 52
    Welcome to my lair, sssssmall tasssty morsssel'sssssss. How kind of you to presssent yourssselvessss to me, I hope you can sssstay for sssssupper......

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

Started by Crawdauntpro.

Quote Originally Posted by Venomfang View Post
    Here are my predictions of Gym Leaders in BW2. It would be nice if you could comment on them.

Cilan: Pansage lvl 15
    Petil lvl 13
    Lillipup lvl 13

Cress: Panpour lvl 15
    Tympole lvl 13
    Lillipup lvl 13

Chili: Pansear lvl 15
    Darumaka lvl 13
    Lillipup lvl 13

Lenora: Watchog lvl 21
    Tranquill lvl 21
    Herdier lvl 23

Burgh: Leavanny lvl 25
    Whirlipede lvl 25
    Larvesta lvl 24
    Crustle lvl 27 (I know its underleveled, But Drake had THREE lvl 50 Dragonites and Ghestis had a lvl 54 Hydreigon)

Elesa: Emolga lvl 30
    Emolga lvl 30
    Eelektrik lvl 31
    Zebstrika lvl 33

Clay: Golett lvl 33
    Krokorok lvl 34
    Stunfisk lvl 34
    Excadrill lvl 35
    Seismitoad lvl 37

Skyla: Unfezant lvl 38
    Rufflet lvl 36
    Vullaby lvl 36
    Swoobat lvl 37
    Swanna lvl 41

Brycen: Cryogonal lvl 46
    Beartic lvl 46
    Vanilluxe lvl 48

Iris/Drayden: Serperior lvl 47
    Deino lvl 46
    Druddigon lvl 49
    Archeops lvl 50
    Fraxure lvl 48
    Haxorus lvl 52
    If you're speculating for an underleveled Crustle, why isn't Deino an underleveled Zweilous? Other than that, I like your idea of using Serperior and Archeops in their teams.
    Skyla should probably get Vullaby or Rufflet based on the game as a version exclusive.
    What about Cinccino for Lenora? It spammed Tickle once on my Zebstrika and using Tail Slap decked out 50%of its HP.
    Maybe give Brycen the other Kyurem forme
    Some good speculation for gym leaders.

I'm gonna give gym leader rosters a shot (granted I do base some of mine off Venomfang's rosters, but it's mostly original):

Spoiler:

And here are rematch teams:

Spoiler:

Also, here are some ideas for modified gym puzzles:

Nacrene Gym: The ladders can be pushed around, meaning there are more books to look through
    Castelia Gym: You can drop onto puddles of honey that function similarly to the Repulsion Gel from Portal 2 (you bounce after dropping on them, and the further you drop, the higher you bounce)
    Driftveil Gym: You ride minecarts throughout the gym and you can tilt the cart left or right to follow one direction when the path splits, as well as change the path with track switches (this would require the Nimbasa Gym puzzle to be changed completely due to its similarity, but I can't think of anything different)

Elite 4:

Spoiler:
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 11th March 2012 at 6:57 AM.

Not as much of a speculation, more of me just getting my hopes up, but I want the first gym to be Rotation or Triples, depending on which game you're playing.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Uggh, I'm tired of only having one type of battle per game. You should maybe be able to have both, and more throughout the game than like 5 trainer.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Not as much of a speculation, more of me just getting my hopes up, but I want the first gym to be Rotation or Triples, depending on which game you're playing.
    That's hoping you have enough Pokemon and your EleMonkey is strong enough. And would the Triple Battle be a battle against ALL three triplets or just against one of them?

-I'd like to see more functioning of the HM's. BW was made too easy by not needing any HM's to progress through the towns. I also can only recall one opportunity to use dive in the game (although RSE didn't give much opportunity either)

-A chance to rechallenge Gym Leaders is a must, particularly with updated teams and a combination of old generation Pkmn.

-More functionality to the battle subway. It was a great opportunity to make a decent battle opportunity but after just going through the options of fighting double or single or link battles i got bored with it quite easily.

-More to do with the Pkmn Musical, Its just a pointless gimmick at the moment which really didn't appeal to many players. (Or alternatively replace it)

-More applications for your C-Gear which doesn't require you to need to connect to others to use, for example somewhere to take notes and check pokemon status's like in DPPt's Poke-watch

-A chance to battle Cilan, Cress and Chilli in the gym leader rematches

-More rotation and triple battles

-Make more depth in Team Plasma after the main storyline finishes.

I dont know just some ideas to through out which might make the game more enjoyable after defeating the elite four.
    Emerald team:
    FR team:
    Pearl Team:
    SS team:
    Wh team:
    Wh2:

favourites:

If following pokemon feature returns, the champion battles cynthia talks about, gym leader rematches, and battle frontier (particularly battle dome with wifi functions)
    http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/...c/reaction.gif
    Pokemon White
    name: Tanner
    fc: 4298-2347-1164
    5-1

credit to Cooloolcool
    Number of wins of the G-Don:3

Quote Originally Posted by drinky93 View Post
    -I'd like to see more functioning of the HM's. BW was made too easy by not needing any HM's to progress through the towns. I also can only recall one opportunity to use dive in the game (although RSE didn't give much opportunity either)
    I don't know if I agree, just because I enjoyed not requiring HM slaves or move slots being taken up by HM moves. Besides, if you think about it, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense for you to need HMs in order to travel between towns. Those routes would logically be traveled very often, and after the hundredth trainer had to use Cut or Strength to get across a route, you'd think there'd be enough trees or rocks cleared out of the way for it to no longer be necessary. HMs make more sense when they have to be used on less-traveled paths and dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by drinky93
    -A chance to rechallenge Gym Leaders is a must, particularly with updated teams and a combination of old generation Pkmn.
    I agree that rechallenging Gym Trainers with stronger teams would be wonderful, but I don't agree about combining old Gen Pokemon in the mix. That has never made sense to me, and it makes the least amount of sense here. Unova is known for having its own Pokemon and being separate from other regions (never mind the stupidity of Eastern Unova), so the Gym Leaders suddenly whipping out older Pokemon just doesn't seem right.

-More functionality to the battle subway. It was a great opportunity to make a decent battle opportunity but after just going through the options of fighting double or single or link battles i got bored with it quite easily.
    Agreed. I hope that, if it doesn't become the new Battle Frontier (which I can totally see happening), it gets better trains, and a new line will take you to the Battle Frontier (in addition to maybe other new lines with access to newer areas. Letting the Battle Subway take you to various spots in Unova wouldn't hurt, either).

-More to do with the Pkmn Musical, Its just a pointless gimmick at the moment which really didn't appeal to many players. (Or alternatively replace it)
    Yup. It's so stupidly simple right now. They should make it kind of like the dancing portion of Sinnoh's Contests, where you had to control your Pokemon's movements.

-More applications for your C-Gear which doesn't require you to need to connect to others to use, for example somewhere to take notes and check pokemon status's like in DPPt's Poke-watch
    I like this idea. I personally would rather the C-Gear keep its current functions, and add a phone (or, preferably SMS Text) feature, which let you contact other characters and let other characters contact you. Maybe also give it a map of the region--the Town Map being separate from the C-Gear is just strange to me.

-A chance to battle Cilan, Cress and Chilli in the gym leader rematches
    This'd be cool. I'd be fine with three separate matches, although it's more likely that it'd be a Triple Battle.

-More rotation and triple battles
    DEFINITELY. It was SO annoying with them being so scarce in BW.

-Make more depth in Team Plasma after the main storyline finishes.
    I could get into this. Team Plasma has such an awesome concept that it seems like a waste if they don't get more development, anyway.

I dont really want to travel to hoenn in these games, id rather it be seperate and the extra bit in these games be like a champions league or something like that rather than go to hoenn, however if it was hoenn (which i hope it isnt) i want to start again, get the hoenn starter and travel, thats the mystery of a game, rather than go battle uber powerful pokemon in gyms -_- so yeah im all for a champions league i think :P
    Pokemon white L100 rotation team

Shiny Zoroark

AVID GTS USER
    Im willing to trade if a reasonable offer is given, but never done it before so may need a little guidence :P

They really need to add a way to play the Subway/Battle Frontier, whatever, with a friend via wifi. It's idiotic that this wasn't in the first Black and White games.
    Have respect and you will be respected.
    My timezone: GMT +2

Black: 2538 2785 0015
    White 2: 3311 2468 0743

Novus Rex Pokemon Perfectum Shop

This has probably been mentioned already but AUTO-RUN LIKE IN HGSS PLZ. Sometimes I just want to run up and down so I can get the shaking grass, but I'll get bored if I can't do something else at the same time. Auto-run would make it so much easier. Plus, who else finds their thumb really hurts after they've had to hold down B for ages?

I'd like to have pokemon following behind as well; I mean, it makes sense not to have it all the same because of the storyline (Pokemon aren't exactly 'trapped' if they're allowed to roam free outside their pokeballs :P) but it was a really neat feature in HGSS that I'd love to see again, if not in BW2 at least in the next games. ;w;"

I agree with what was said about the first gym being rotation or something. I'd like to be able to battle all three of the gym leaders there at once, though the only thing being that at the point of the first gym, there are very few pokemon available which would make the whole three-types thing a little difficult. Maybe if they had a rematch battle later on in the game?

A little less wi-fi specific stuff maybe? I mean, the C-Gear is ALL wireless and connectivity and all that, but seriously I don't have enough RL friends that play pokemon and my Wi-Fi doesn't even work half the time - It's a shame, because the C-Gear is such a cool feature and I can hardly use it. :C

I used to wonder what McDonalds could be - until you shared your ketchup with me
    Big hamburger, tonnes of fries, a beautiful tray, milkshakes with straws, sharing nuggets is an easy feat
    And this ketchup makes it all complete!

Tomorrow probably we'll have more details about B2W2 because really it's getting annoying...

Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    I don't know if I agree, just because I enjoyed not requiring HM slaves or move slots being taken up by HM moves. Besides, if you think about it, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense for you to need HMs in order to travel between towns. Those routes would logically be traveled very often, and after the hundredth trainer had to use Cut or Strength to get across a route, you'd think there'd be enough trees or rocks cleared out of the way for it to no longer be necessary. HMs make more sense when they have to be used on less-traveled paths and dungeons.
    Agreed. I also like how in this game you didn't need specific badges to use them, that's an annoying restriction. It makes more sense to be able to use them whenever they're given.

I agree that rechallenging Gym Trainers with stronger teams would be wonderful, but I don't agree about combining old Gen Pokemon in the mix. That has never made sense to me, and it makes the least amount of sense here. Unova is known for having its own Pokemon and being separate from other regions (never mind the stupidity of Eastern Unova), so the Gym Leaders suddenly whipping out older Pokemon just doesn't seem right.
    Think about it this way. Gym Leaders and Elite 4 members travel to different regions quite a lot, don't they? So naturally while they're there, they'd find some interesting Pokemon there that they'd like to catch. And then they'd withhold them from you until you rematch them, so that they can challenge you with Pokemon you've never seen before.

On that note, what do you think of my ideas for the Gym Leaders and E4?

Yup. It's so stupidly simple right now. They should make it kind of like the dancing portion of Sinnoh's Contests, where you had to control your Pokemon's movements.
    Meh, I stopped caring about contests after 3rd gen when they added stupid things like dancing and accessories. Unless they revert those kinds of changes, contests will always be stupid in my eyes.

I like this idea. I personally would rather the C-Gear keep its current functions, and add a phone (or, preferably SMS Text) feature, which let you contact other characters and let other characters contact you. Maybe also give it a map of the region--the Town Map being separate from the C-Gear is just strange to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Whimsicotton View Post
    A little less wi-fi specific stuff maybe? I mean, the C-Gear is ALL wireless and connectivity and all that, but seriously I don't have enough RL friends that play pokemon and my Wi-Fi doesn't even work half the time - It's a shame, because the C-Gear is such a cool feature and I can hardly use it. :C
    C Gear is near useless in single player, I almost always have it turned off. Adding some neat apps and features from Poketch and Pokegear would be nice.

This has probably been mentioned already but AUTO-RUN LIKE IN HGSS PLZ. Sometimes I just want to run up and down so I can get the shaking grass, but I'll get bored if I can't do something else at the same time. Auto-run would make it so much easier. Plus, who else finds their thumb really hurts after they've had to hold down B for ages?
    I agree. There's all kinds of little things from Platinum and HGSS that they removed in BW1 that really bug me, and this is one of them. Having to hold down B to run faster is somewhat annoying to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Actually, something I'd like to make a return in the secret bases, or at least something a bit like the villa in Platinum. I know it's kinda like that in the Dream World, but I really liked having a place I could decorate to go hide in every now and then.

Preferably, something like in RSE where there would be specific places to make bases in. I liked the treehouses the most :P

I used to wonder what McDonalds could be - until you shared your ketchup with me
    Big hamburger, tonnes of fries, a beautiful tray, milkshakes with straws, sharing nuggets is an easy feat
    And this ketchup makes it all complete!

Actually, something I'd like to make a return in the secret bases, or at least something a bit like the villa in Platinum. I know it's kinda like that in the Dream World, but I really liked having a place I could decorate to go hide in every now and then.

Preferably, something like in RSE where there would be specific places to make bases in. I liked the treehouses the most :P
    Secret Bases were okay, but I'd prefer them to involve designing your own puzzles as opposed to decorating a room. I doubt they'll ever do that, though. Speaking of puzzles, you know who I'd like to see again? The Trick Master. His puzzles were so fun, and it was a shame you couldn't redo them. I hope he makes a reappearance and that you can redo his puzzles for fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Doom View Post
    Speaking of puzzles, you know who I'd like to see again? The Trick Master. His puzzles were so fun, and it was a shame you couldn't redo them. I hope he makes a reappearance and that you can redo his puzzles for fun.
    You are not alone. The Trick Master was really interesting, I liked solving those puzzles. If he is ever brought back I'd like there to be more puzzles.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Black Doom View Post
    Secret Bases were okay, but I'd prefer them to involve designing your own puzzles as opposed to decorating a room. I doubt they'll ever do that, though. Speaking of puzzles, you know who I'd like to see again? The Trick Master. His puzzles were so fun, and it was a shame you couldn't redo them. I hope he makes a reappearance and that you can redo his puzzles for fun.
    Yes, yes! A thousand times yes! The Trick House was awesome. I hope The Trick Master makes a return.
    MY FIRST EVER RANDOM SHINY!: (4/15/2011)

If you add me P/VM me.

Spoiler:- CREDITS:

You know they really need to fix GTS in this game I am sick and tired of seeing "Wanted Zekrom Level One" Hopefully they fix that because I know I'm not the only one that wants that fixed.

Page 39 of 362 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast