Page 5 of 362 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Gameplay Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

I expect most of the following:

More Triple and Rotation battles (also more double battles where you team up with another trainer)
    Battle Frontier
    Gym Leader and Trainer Rematches
    A significant amount of new Single player content

I also would like to see proper pokemon contests brought back, but I don't actually expect that.

There would be most definitely more Triple/Rotation battles in the B/W sequels. For example, look at Ruby/Saphire. They had few Double Battles, but in Emerald, it had much more Double Battles. I expect it to be much more random triple/rotation battles.

I don't really see much in gameplay terms changing. I believe these games will be much more focused on story than previous games in the series.

three things:
    -All pokémon in the game have their dream world abilities by default
    -You start as Cilan, Cress, or Chili and your starter is either pansage, panpour, or pansear. Your rivals could be your brothers and maybe you could get snivy, tepig, and oshawott where you got the monkeys in BW
    -the shadow triad should be the main antagonists

Quote Originally Posted by Bayleafqween View Post
    Hay guys.
    You know how the game's logos are red and blue? What if the games take place in Hoen, but with a completely different storyline? The ending to BW had a bit of a cliffhanger, and it would explain why there are two versions. Then again, I could be completely wrong :P
    The ending didn't have a cliffhanger at all. Everything was wrapped up.

Quote Originally Posted by Electivire Addict View Post
    Dear god, I don't. While going underwater is cool and all, I don't want to have to waste the HM on one of my team members, or frequently have to get out an HM slave
    HM Slaves are necessary, you gotta get used to it, EA.

Quote Originally Posted by thebattleforntierash View Post
    I wouldn't want that, Sleep Talk isn't useful main game wise. But then again we'll end up with move tutors so maybe some thing is gonna have Hypnosis or Yawn.
    Sleep Talk is always useful to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Greenville View Post
    The Place: Oore.
    Never going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainmaster718 View Post
    Why exactly would Game Freak want to backtrack and send players back into the Kanto region? B/W take place further into the future than the other games, and in all honesty, Kanto has been played all to death.
    While I agree there's no way we're going to Kanto in these games I have to point out that the time has nothing to do with it. Not to mention we don't really know when in the Pokemon 'timeline' that B/W takes place.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Machoke View Post
    I would love to see the Pokémon following system return. I really want to see either a new Team or Ghetsis making a new Team, I also want to know what happened to N. I wonder when these games take place in relation to Black and White. Or if they are actually prequels..
    Yes, if these games were prequels it would make much more sense, it should take place in "ancient" unova, the relic castle and abysmal ruins wouldn't be ruins anymore and the sleeping Darmanitan would no longer be asleep. We could also see how kyurem split into two at the end, or something. I don't know, this is just so exciting, why Pokemon? Why? now I'll have to save some money to buy both! Also remember on the map how it said that route 18 and desert resort were once contiguous?
    Last edited by Zorocario; 26th February 2012 at 10:19 PM.

I'm wondering. Is this gonna have those Pokedex 3D graphics? They'll look awesome if they do.

It should have more post-game content, like a proper Battle Frontier. And something awesomely captivating to knock our socks off. I'm not going to name ideas, because if I can think it up, it probably isn't that awesome.
    I like Metagross, and I used to claim it!
    Spheal with it.

Spoiler:- 3DS Friend Code:

For this game, I have the following wishlist:

-Following Pokemon (please return!)
    -More Triple/Rotation battles
    -Revised movesets (Serperior, Scrafty, Unfezant) and/or tons of Move Tutors
    ---Move Tutors who teach for money (wishful thinking since I know this isn't going to happen)
    -Battle Frontier, or something similar (a Battle Archipelago would be killer)
    -Auto-Run feature
    -Certain Pokemon available sooner/in different areas (I'm looking at you, Rufflet)
    -New Pokemon animations

Quote Originally Posted by AmusedMilk View Post
    I'm wondering. Is this gonna have those Pokedex 3D graphics? They'll look awesome if they do.

It should have more post-game content, like a proper Battle Frontier. And something awesomely captivating to knock our socks off. I'm not going to name ideas, because if I can think it up, it probably isn't that awesome.
    I doubt this. Because the games are primarily made for the DS. Which doesn't have the capabilities to produce graphics like Pokedex 3D.

Quote Originally Posted by AmusedMilk View Post
    No, it's not. They're for the DS, not the 3DS for one. And two the main series games are sticking with sprites.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I would love to have Pokemon follow us again; I would be so happy to have a little Oshawott sprite follow my trainer sprite. Aside from that, I'm not really looking forward to any other improvements. I know that a lot of people want a Battle Frontier, but I personally don't care; I almost never challenge the Battle Frontier in the older games, and I doubt that would change in these new games. I think the current animations are fine the way they are, but I wouldn't be surprised if Game Freak updated them just for the sake of making the games more appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    I would love to have Pokemon follow us again; I would be so happy to have a little Oshawott sprite follow my trainer sprite.
    I second this. Except make it optional. Sometimes, I didn't want my Pokemon to follow me in HGSS.

I purposefully waited for the second versions of the fifth generation games to come out. I'm not sick or bored of the pokemon franchise, but I wasn't very excited for the 5th generation pokemon.

My theory is that every two generations we see a shift in pokemon designs. I think that 1st and 2nd were similar, 3rd and 4th had a different style and now we see another change for the 5th generation.

This isn't bad, changing the styles of pokemon is important to keep things fresh and maximize appeal to players. I do love a few new pokemon, but not nearly as many as I did for the 4th generation.

If there is enough additional gameplay features I will likely get one of the new games. If there isn't, I might just wait a few years for the 6th generation to come out on the 3DS.

I am hoping for pokemon being able to follow you around among other things.

We'll find out in June.

I especially miss the hype and speculation that comes with the announcement of a new generation and new pokemon. Granted trolls were out in full force for Black and White.

BW were actually in development before HeartGold and SoulSilver, so I hope the HGSS additions come to BW2. Primary:

- The option to always be running
    - Pokemon following you around
    - Scrapping the crappy C Gear for a touch screen menu
    - More touch screen controls (bag, party, PC, etc)
    - Commemorative photos

How would it sound if you went the other way around the circle of unova. This would allow you to see Kyurem Black or Kyurem White befor the end of the game. Finally, this would make the game more interesting and change the types of gyms probally.
    If you just read the symbol as Zorark then you've played to much Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    - Scrapping the crappy C Gear for a touch screen menu
    I don't think they'll be scrapping the C-Ggear.

It is one of the main features of the game, although I admit that I only use it occasionally since majority of its features are online. And I'm not always online. I think that a more welcome change is to have more offline features available for it, like the Poketch apps.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Archer View Post
    How would it sound if you went the other way around the circle of unova. This would allow you to see Kyurem Black or Kyurem White befor the end of the game. Finally, this would make the game more interesting and change the types of gyms probally.
    Even if you go the other way around, they can simply block the entrance to the Giant Chasm until the game allows you.
    And since you'll be traveling counterclockwise, the order of the gyms will be basically in reverse. No type changes necessary.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by iwillHM01you View Post
    t
    -You start as Cilan, Cress, or Chili and your starter is either pansage, panpour, or pansear. Your rivals could be your brothers and maybe you could get snivy, tepig, and oshawott where you got the monkeys in BW

I don't see how that's gonna work .__.

Ok, so that's what I imagine to happen:
    1.- The return of a Battle Frontier instead of Battle Subway when we can explore the Rotation/Triple Battles in some facilities.
    2.- Move tutors D: I want them back D:< like the elemental punches just to say something
    3.- The return of useful thing like the VS Seeker, and some old TMs like Drain Punch, Roost, and Giga Drain
    4.- The should explain what happen with N, and Ghetsis would escaped from jail to make a revenge
    5.- Hoenn could be like Sevii on the 3rd Gen LG/FR and been an post-e4 region.
    6.- An updated on gyms and the E4 to make them stronger and a new champ.

Pokemon Showdown Nick: Xx_Tyki_xX

3Ds Code: 5171-9832-9728
    Friend Safari Fire.

Visist The Black Sheep Ark, I will always do my best.

Quote Originally Posted by Xx_BS-TyKi_xX View Post
    3.- The return of useful thing like the VS Seeker, and some old TMs like Drain Punch, Roost, and Giga Drain
    It is very unlikely that they change the TM list.
    Move tutors that teach old TM moves is the most probable solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Xx_BS-TyKi_xX View Post
    5.- Hoenn could be like Sevii on the 3rd Gen LG/FR and been an post-e4 region.
    You do realize that Hoenn is a whole region, right? And Sevii is just a group of islands. If the events still take place in Unova, they can simply put more areas. The southwest area of Unova is available. Besides, East Unova was inaccessible pre-E4 because it was meant to give us something to explore post-game.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

- More touch screen controls (bag, party, PC, etc)
    If there's one thing I hope they don't add, it's this. HG/SS' menu system is the worst as far as I'm concerned. D/P/P's is the best. I'd rather them move back toward that then more touch screen nonsense. It's a game controlled primarily with buttons, having to switch between two control methods is annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Archer View Post
    I would approve if it meant visiting the chasm and catching a Metagross(unlikely)
    In all honesty I don't know how they will handle it. I like the subway idea that I've heard but What I think would be coolest is if they threw around the Pokemon diversity. (Maybe even the Pokemon in an area would change as you progressed through the game(aka start rout 1 level and after E-4 go up to the levels of northern Unova(such as giant chasm)In addition the types of Pokemon encounter able would change w/ day/night and seasons(probably too much but I can hope)

They also need-battle frontier with move tutors(that would teach every former tutor able move and TM from generations 1-4), DW compatibility for Pokemon from generations 1-5, rematchable trainers who scale w/ level and eventually would all get a team of six high level fully evolved powerhouses(Gym leaders included)...
    Dragons are my friend, Ice is my foe...
    (Kyurem is an exception) dragonics rule

-Let us hope for gen 6 to turn out well!

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    If there's one thing I hope they don't add, it's this. HG/SS' menu system is the worst as far as I'm concerned.
    There's no point in having a touch screen if we aren't going to be able to use it. HGSS made it so that you can select things without pressing X and scrolling down, which was incredibly convenient.

D/P/P's is the best. I'd rather them move back toward that then more touch screen nonsense.
    DPPt had the second worst, behind BW. Those little apps were worthless. I kept it on the clock at all times, and that was already made obsolete by HGSS and BW.

It's a game controlled primarily with buttons, having to switch between two control methods is annoying.
    What is this, 2004? Nowadays the DS' control methods are well-established and universally accepted by everyone. Touch screens are everywhere due to their ease. I know Pokemon fans are rigid, but complaining about touch screen controls that can only help to enhance the gameplay is ridiculous.

There's no point in having a touch screen
    Exactly. There is no point in having a touch screen for Pokemon.

HGSS made it so that you can select things without pressing X and scrolling down, which was incredibly convenient.
    HG/SS was incredibly slow to navigate through, D/P/P and B/W are much quicker and the information is displayed better as far as I'm concerned.

DPPt had the second worst, behind BW. Those little apps were worthless. I kept it on the clock at all times, and that was already made obsolete by HGSS and BW.
    I'm not talking about the Poketch. I'm talking about the inventory.

What is this, 2004? Nowadays the DS' control methods are well-established and universally accepted by everyone. Touch screens are everywhere due to their ease. I know Pokemon fans are rigid, but complaining about touch screen controls that can only help to enhance the gameplay is ridiculous.
    You missed my point. The game is controlled primarily with buttons. You move with buttons, talk to people with buttons, to have to switch between to the touchscreen all of a sudden is annoying.

Capacitive touchscreens are everywhere because they're easy to use. Resistive touch screens are only on the DS family and are terrible.

BW were actually in development before HeartGold and SoulSilver, so I hope the HGSS additions come to BW2.
    This gives me hope that the HGSS features that everyone seemed to like--like following, auto-run, and commemorative photos--will be included in BW2. I mean, if they're favorable features, why not add them?

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post

It is one of the main features of the game, although I admit that I only use it occasionally since majority of its features are online. And I'm not always online. I think that a more welcome change is to have more offline features available for it, like the Poketch apps.
    This would be ideal. I honestly really like the C-Gear and found it to be a really cool device. Having more use in-game would be very wonderful. I'd imagine they'd be features that still have to do with "connection." Maybe a text-message feature that functions essentially like the Pokegear/PokeNav's calling feature, and... I dunno, a built-in Town Map, maybe?

It is very unlikely that they change the TM list.
    Move tutors that teach old TM moves is the most probable solution.
    How is it unlikely, though? Since TMs cannot be held items anymore, it seems logical that they'd change the TM list in BW2, since there'd be no compatibility issues.

This. I'd like to see the CGear as just the little button on the touch screen until I need to use it, and bring back the HGSS touch screen menu. Seriously, the way its implemented in BW is highly annoying.

Even if you go the other way around, they can simply block the entrance to the Giant Chasm until the game allows you.
    And since you'll be traveling counterclockwise, the order of the gyms will be basically in reverse. No type changes necessary.
    Unless, of course, the game NEEDS you to access Giant Chasm, considering that these games will feature, you know, the Pokemon found in Giant Chasm.

Besides the issue with Gyms, what happens to Black City/White Forest? Will they be replaced with Gray Suburbs or the like? Will it solve the Gym problem? Who knows?

If there's one thing I hope they don't add, it's this. HG/SS' menu system is the worst as far as I'm concerned. D/P/P's is the best. I'd rather them move back toward that then more touch screen nonsense. It's a game controlled primarily with buttons, having to switch between two control methods is annoying.
    Uh.

You know that you can press X and control the menu via the D-pad and buttons, right?

Basically this.

I actually want a sort of virtual D-Pad on the touch screen in the overworld, just so I can control the game without buttons at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    This gives me hope that the HGSS features that everyone seemed to like--like following, auto-run, and commemorative photos--will be included in BW2. I mean, if they're favorable features, why not add them?

[...]

How is it unlikely, though? Since TMs cannot be held items anymore, it seems logical that they'd change the TM list in BW2, since there'd be no compatibility issues.
    This, this, moar this.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    Uh.

You know that you can press X and control the menu via the D-pad and buttons, right?
    Yes, and it's terrible because it was designed to be poked.

In response to the C-gear discussion, I think they went overboard with it in B/W. No need to dedicate the entire bottom screen to wireless functions which nobody uses more than half the time. Make it a small button which can bring up the C-gear when it's needed and put some sort of useful menu or something on the bottom screen.

^ Click this for good times ^

Page 5 of 362 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast