Page 50 of 362 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 9033

Thread: Gameplay Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Maybe they're holding back on information in so players can actually be surprised when they first play the game.
    People are too pessimistic to think that way.

Remember, the first time we learned about the titles of B2W2, they just assumed it was Gray version split in half.

Maybe they're holding back on information in so players can actually be surprised when they first play the game.
    Which makes sense; there have never been mid-generation sequels before, so these games are probably going to be all about surprises.

Quote Originally Posted by ben_pokemon View Post
    People are too pessimistic to think that way.
    How on Earth is that a pessimistic view? Wanting to keep your game a surprise is perfectly realistic.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

They should show pics and some details so people would be more hyped for it.

How on Earth is that a pessimistic view? Wanting to keep your game a surprise is perfectly realistic.
    I meant, some people are already assuming that games won't have much new features simply because we haven't seen any screens yet.

[QUOTE=Hydrohs;14296910]The grid is here to stay. It works incredibly well and there's just no need to walk diagonally.

I'm just saying, I've been playing for over 10 years now and in that huge of a time spand they haven't changed much considering what you can do with video games these days. I'm not saying by any means it doesn't work and that they haven't changed anything, just doesn't seem they're putting as much effort in as they can. I will buy and play the game regardless and would care less if they did change the grid or not. I was more or less saying that they need to do something....different. Think about all that has change from the first gameboy to the 3ds and then think about how pokemon has changed. I love the games and I always will but it would be nice for them to do something different.

Again, I am in no way saying I'm upset with any of my experiences with the game or saying that its dull and boring. I'm just throwing ideas out and the first thing I think of when I hear about a new game is 8 gym badges, elite 4, evil team of wrong doers and rival. It would be cool to hear something different.
    Pokemon White FC 0819-8283-6806
    Pokemon Soul Silver FC 2795-5606-2603
    Pokemon Platinum FC 1550-0139-2602

My Skarmory is the Steel Deal

Name: GreenMonster
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Quote Originally Posted by HyperXhydra95 View Post
    They should show pics and some details so people would be more hyped for it.
    Hype is never a good thing. It leads people to expect things they shouldn't expect.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Hyping it up would be stupid really. I've seen games get hyped before with things that are not even in the game. Fable 3 did this and fans began raging about it.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

I agree that Hype is a bad idea. With this being the first seguel people are already quite interested and thats all the hype they really need at this moment.

Quote Originally Posted by KingBishMan View Post
    I'm just saying, I've been playing for over 10 years now and in that huge of a time spand they haven't changed much considering what you can do with video games these days. I'm not saying by any means it doesn't work and that they haven't changed anything, just doesn't seem they're putting as much effort in as they can. I will buy and play the game regardless and would care less if they did change the grid or not. I was more or less saying that they need to do something....different. Think about all that has change from the first gameboy to the 3ds and then think about how pokemon has changed. I love the games and I always will but it would be nice for them to do something different.

Again, I am in no way saying I'm upset with any of my experiences with the game or saying that its dull and boring. I'm just throwing ideas out and the first thing I think of when I hear about a new game is 8 gym badges, elite 4, evil team of wrong doers and rival. It would be cool to hear something different.
    The games will definitely keep the grid in BW2, but I have to believe we'll be able to walk any which direction we want next generation because it will probably be a fully 3D overworld (characters and all). However, if Game Freak somehow finds a way to innovate the overworld without making characters 3D, then we will likely continue with the grid system because it contributes to a beautiful puzzle system (just think routes, dungeons, gyms) and that overworld puzzle system is a more fun part of the game than battling, in my opinion. Of course, puzzles can be designed for diagonal walkers too but I think Game Freak is going to stick to what works until a 3D revolution forces them to change it.

Hype is never a good thing. It leads people to expect things they shouldn't expect.
    It's great advertising though so there's more good than bad about it for Nintendo and Game Freak.
    Last edited by TWN; 14th March 2012 at 7:48 PM.

I'm pretty sure they will stick to the grid. It's just with this most likely being the last installment before they release on the 3ds it's a good time to play around with a few things and I was just throwing the grid out there as a suggestion.

Me and a few friends were toying around with a few ideas (which got way out of hand of course which involving a lot of talks of motorcycles, jet skis, chosing to be evil and commiting yourself to a life of crime involving bank robberies and smuggling berries) which led us to talking about a more modernized pokemon. They have trains and boats sure, but how about cars, customizing your clothing or your bike. How about being an adult instead of a kid. Just some ideas with a few friends.

Quote Originally Posted by HyperXhydra95 View Post
    Seriously we've made this far, and the the only thing they could show us only is the box art?, at least show us one picture!!!
    This... far? BW2 was revealed 2 weeks ago. How is that "far"? Be patient.

Some people are already expect things they shouldn't, like hoenn including in B2W2.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    Hyping it up would be stupid really. I've seen games get hyped before with things that are not even in the game. Fable 3 did this and fans began raging about it.
    That's why people shouldn't hype up for something that's not conformed, I want to see little of the gameplay and the new features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Royal_Qeca View Post
    Waiting for details about games is really long, and now we'll probably have to wait a month for the pics and trailer.
    Last edited by HyperXhydra95; 14th March 2012 at 8:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal_Qeca View Post
    God I swear it feels like it has been longer than that >_<

Does anyone think these games will have any gameplay features we haven't seen in any previous game? We've seen things like rematches, auto-run, game corners, sprite updates, expanded regions, etc. but what haven't we seen that you think we could see?
    PM or VM me for more trade info

Quote Originally Posted by Ansem1013 View Post
    Does anyone think these games will have any gameplay features we haven't seen in any previous game? We've seen things like rematches, auto-run, game corners, sprite updates, expanded regions, etc. but what haven't we seen that you think we could see?
    Honestly I don't know but I do hope that its something new. I alway's hoped for character customization

But anything new I'm all for!

Quote Originally Posted by TWN View Post
    The games will definitely keep the grid in BW2, but I have to believe we'll be able to walk any which direction we want next generation because it will probably be a fully 3D overworld (characters and all). However, if Game Freak somehow finds a way to innovate the overworld without making characters 3D, then we will likely continue with the grid system because it contributes to a beautiful puzzle system (just think routes, dungeons, gyms) and that overworld puzzle system is a more fun part of the game than battling, in my opinion. Of course, puzzles can be designed for diagonal walkers too but I think Game Freak is going to stick to what works until a 3D revolution forces them to change it.
    Well, you can have an all direction walking system without dumping the grid puzzle system - see Golden Sun series: you can move freely, the puzzles are based on grid system, and it works great (and the puzzles are great too)

Actually, that's what I would like to see in the 6th generation - graphic style similar to Golden Sun Dark Dawn, it would work really well with Pokemon in my opinion (the battle system graphic style and camera movement too, just a bit neater - 3ds can provide that)

Quote Originally Posted by gbanshee View Post
    Well, you can have an all direction walking system without dumping the grid puzzle system - see Golden Sun series: you can move freely, the puzzles are based on grid system, and it works great (and the puzzles are great too)

Actually, that's what I would like to see in the 6th generation - graphic style similar to Golden Sun Dark Dawn, it would work really well with Pokemon in my opinion (the battle system graphic style and camera movement too, just a bit neater - 3ds can provide that)
    It's going to be amazing when they do release for the 3ds. I have never played Golden Sun Dark Dawn, but me and a friend of mine were toying with the idea of a gameplay style similar to Ocarina of time for the 3ds. How cool would that look as a pokemon game.

Whether they ever move away from a grid or not I'm not sure. But Game Freak have said that they're sticking with the same battle style. It's going to continue to be sprites.

Who in Game Freak said that? And when? What was the context? And did they specifically say they were sticking with sprites, or just maintaining the style (which could mean solely the mechanics)?

I can't see battles not being 3D next generation. In BW, battles are already in a 3D environment, just with 2D sprites. Since the hardware of the 3DS can support smooth graphics, it would be easiest to just stick the 3D models and animations in that Creatures, Inc has already made for the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by TWN View Post
    Who in Game Freak said that? And when? What was the context? And did they specifically say they were sticking with sprites, or just maintaining the style (which could mean solely the mechanics)?

I can't see battles not being 3D next generation. In BW, battles are already in a 3D environment, just with 2D sprites. Since the hardware of the 3DS can support smooth graphics, it would be easiest to just stick the 3D models and animations in that Creatures, Inc has already made for the franchise.
    In a magazine interview.

They won't stick with it forever there's no way. Especially with the 3ds

Quote Originally Posted by KingBishMan View Post
    They won't stick with it forever there's no way. Especially with the 3ds
    They can, and by what they said in the interview they will.

well there goes my hope for 6 gen being like pokedex 3D....

oh well, I like the idea of sprites a little more anyway. It'd be cool if all the overworld characters remained how they are now when they develop gen 6 and just the environments continue to get more 3D. A sprite character running around a 3D world would be interesting.

Sprite battles in 3D could be interesting to see too...
    PM or VM me for more trade info

Quote Originally Posted by Ansem1013 View Post
    BRAND NEW POKeMON

Alright, serious now. I think this is a great question. How about having the option to ride an elevator up to the champion room (after you've beaten the E4 of course) where you'd battle completely randomly generated teams, levels and all (meaning some pokemon might be below level 30, or 10 even). Well, perhaps not completely randomly generated. Four out of six of the opponents pokemon must be stronger or equal to the the E4's pokemon.

Opponents would be emulating how you fight the elite four is what I'm trying to say. That means that opposing pokemon might suddenly gain a level if one defeats your pokemon, and backing them into a corner will result in revive/potion spam. You won't be able to use any revives, but you will be able to use 3 full restores, and your pokemon will level up as normal. If you lose, you will have to defeat him in a rematch, as he is now champion. If he beat you by spamming revives, he'll be easy to beat, as he can't do that this time.

Honestly this would probably be really annoying. It's an idea, though.

I'm pretty sure they will stick to the grid. It's just with this most likely being the last installment before they release on the 3ds it's a good time to play around with a few things and I was just throwing the grid out there as a suggestion.
    Walking diagonally would make pokemon feel too much like earthbound (might not be bad thing, z0Om).
    I lost my DSi with my Black version in it.
    3DS FC: 0774-4658-6515 If you wanna' swap, tell me on my profile page.

I'm a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Click the link to learn more.

Page 50 of 362 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast