Page 51 of 362 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 9033

Thread: Gameplay Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by Ansem1013 View Post
    well there goes my hope for 6 gen being like pokedex 3D....

oh well, I like the idea of sprites a little more anyway. It'd be cool if all the overworld characters remained how they are now when they develop gen 6 and just the environments continue to get more 3D. A sprite character running around a 3D world would be interesting.

Sprite battles in 3D could be interesting to see too...
    I actually think that Pokedex 3D is a hint and a showcase of how the Gen 6 pokemon games will probably look like. I'm quite sure they used it to try out how it would do on 3DS and what reaction the fanbase would have to the graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by gbanshee View Post
    I actually think that Pokedex 3D is a hint and a showcase of how the Gen 6 pokemon games will probably look like. I'm quite sure they used it to try out how it would do on 3DS and what reaction the fanbase would have to the graphics.
    Read what myself and Hydrohs said earlier. They will still be using sprites.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

If they're sticking to sprites in battles, I doubt the overworld will change dramatically either, otherwise the graphics wouldn't be very consistent. I highly doubt the handheld pokemon games will advance to major 3D graphics, but I suppose anything's possible.

To be honest I think the 3D Pokemon should stay on the console games where they've always been, but that's just me.

I used to wonder what McDonalds could be - until you shared your ketchup with me
    Big hamburger, tonnes of fries, a beautiful tray, milkshakes with straws, sharing nuggets is an easy feat
    And this ketchup makes it all complete!

Quote Originally Posted by TWN View Post
    Since the hardware of the 3DS can support smooth graphics, it would be easiest to just stick the 3D models and animations in that Creatures, Inc has already made for the franchise.
    I would only want that if they stop being lazy and finally update the horribly outdated Stadium models for Gen I and II Pokemon that they've been using for every 3D Pokemon game since.

(though they actually did update some Pokemon, for instance you can see in this video that Mewtwo was indeed updated. Charizard however, along with many other Pokemon, was not updated at all and looks horrible)
    HOW TO HEAR KYUREM'S CRY IN REAL LIFE:
    1. Blow your nose

Quote Originally Posted by Whimsicotton View Post
    If they're sticking to sprites in battles, I doubt the overworld will change dramatically either, otherwise the graphics wouldn't be very consistent. I highly doubt the handheld pokemon games will advance to major 3D graphics, but I suppose anything's possible.

To be honest I think the 3D Pokemon should stay on the console games where they've always been, but that's just me.
    The overworld in BW was very good imo and would have looked stellar in 3D. I think they would be fine on 3DS if they stayed with that, but adding more Camera variation/control.
    PM or VM me for more trade info

The overworld in BW was very good imo and would have looked stellar in 3D. I think they would be fine on 3DS if they stayed with that, but adding more Camera variation/control.
    I like that idea. I feel there is a lot of minor cosmetic things that would make a big difference on the 3ds.
    Pokemon White FC 0819-8283-6806
    Pokemon Soul Silver FC 2795-5606-2603
    Pokemon Platinum FC 1550-0139-2602

My Skarmory is the Steel Deal

Name: GreenMonster
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Quote Originally Posted by KingBishMan View Post
    I like that idea. I feel there is a lot of minor cosmetic things that would make a big difference on the 3ds.
    I think the thing that would make me the most excited would be the SpotPass feature 3DS and 3DS games have.
    PM or VM me for more trade info

I think the thing that would make me the most excited would be the SpotPass feature 3DS and 3DS games have.
    I didn't even think about that. That would be exciting to see what they would do with that.
    Pokemon White FC 0819-8283-6806
    Pokemon Soul Silver FC 2795-5606-2603
    Pokemon Platinum FC 1550-0139-2602

My Skarmory is the Steel Deal

Name: GreenMonster
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Guys we're supposed to be talking about BW2 not the 3DS.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    In a magazine interview.
    By the information you've given me, this could be a hardly-known magazine interviewing some random GF peon who has no creative control over the games and was nervously running his mouth before the 3DS specs even went public. So unless you know more about this interview, I'm not buying it, sorry. Even so, I highly doubt Game Freak and Nintendo have met and decided how to execute the sixth generation yet, so let's not assume that this interview is a reliable depiction of the franchise's unforeseeable future.

It doesn't make any sense that they wouldn't update the graphics to be fully 3D. The overworld is already 3D, the battle environments are 3D--the only 2D aspects are people and Pokemon, which is smart right now, because the DS's 3D capabilities would make them look bad. But the 3DS has graphics near to the level of the Gamecube. They have all these 3D models that will run smoothly, and inserting them into a 3D battle environment is just as easy as inserting the pixelly sprites they use now. It would actually be more work for them to develop all the higher-resolution sprites, all to create a less aesthetically pleasing result. Might I also mention, the 3DS's awesome glasses-free stereoscopic 3D would be seriously hindered if they were to use sprites in battles.

I'm sorry, but I can't help but believe that this generation last to have sprites in Pokemon games (except for item pictures and minor things like that).
    Last edited by TWN; 15th March 2012 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KingBishMan View Post
    We were but everything anyone said you thought was "rubbish". Sorry bud
    Saying being the same characters in BW2 is rubbish. They are sequels it wouldn't make any sense whatsoever to be the same people. The people you are in BW1 already beat the League/collected 8 badges/Has Pokemon. It's rubbish to say that we will be that very same person in BW2. What would we do in BW2 then? Oh yeah I have Pokemon I don't need a new starter(But wait how will you have your Pokemon if they're on an entirely different game). Let's beat the gyms and get badges.(Wait I got them right here in my badge case(But wait it's empty, because your badges are on an entirely different game)

By the information you've given me, this could be a hardly-known magazine interviewing some random GF peon who has no creative control over the games and was nervously running his mouth before the 3DS specs even went public.
    Serebii was the one who originally posted it here, I'm fairly certain he said Masuda said it. But you're welcome to PM him for the details.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Does anyone think these games will have any gameplay features we haven't seen in any previous game? We've seen things like rematches, auto-run, game corners, sprite updates, expanded regions, etc. but what haven't we seen that you think we could see?
    They will utilize the microphone and you can now sing during the musicals. XD

Ignore that.
    Hmmm... entirely new gameplay features.... I can't think of anything but I have a weird feeling that it may be 3DS exclusive...

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

I thought this had no DS features. The mention of the 3DS when BW2 were first revealed was just to say that it is playable on it.

It's going to have the same DSi enhanced features as B/W had, which also work on the 3DS. That's about all the usefulness you'll see out the 3DS.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

By the information you've given me, this could be a hardly-known magazine interviewing some random GF peon who has no creative control over the games and was nervously running his mouth before the 3DS specs even went public. So unless you know more about this interview, I'm not buying it, sorry. Even so, I highly doubt Game Freak and Nintendo have met and decided how to execute the sixth generation yet, so let's not assume that this interview is a reliable depiction of the franchise's unforeseeable future.

It doesn't make any sense that they wouldn't update the graphics to be fully 3D. The overworld is already 3D, the battle environments are 3D--the only 2D aspects are people and Pokemon, which is smart right now, because the DS's 3D capabilities would make them look bad. But the 3DS has graphics near to the level of the Gamecube. They have all these 3D models that will run smoothly, and inserting them into a 3D battle environment is just as easy as inserting the pixelly sprites they use now. It would actually be more work for them to develop all the higher-resolution sprites, all to create a less aesthetically pleasing result. Might I also mention, the 3DS's stereoscopic 3D would be seriously hindered if they were to use sprites in battles.

I'm sorry, but I can't help but believe that this generation last to have sprites in Pokemon games (except for item pictures and minor things like that).
    Would it help you to be more accepting if I said that Masuda himself insinuated that the sprites wouldn't be going away anytime soon (even though they are considering 3d models, it has to be a consensus decision)?
    MY FIRST EVER RANDOM SHINY!: (4/15/2011)

If you add me P/VM me.

Spoiler:- CREDITS:

Quote Originally Posted by DBK View Post
    Would it help you to be more accepting if I said that Masuda himself insinuated that the sprites wouldn't be going away anytime soon (even though they are considering 3d models, it has to be a consensus decision)?
    Maybe if I could read the article; I'm not willing to accept the future as accurately forseen without looking into the crystal ball myself. Simply because the context and date written makes a huge difference in interpreting something such as this. Does anyone have a link?

Maybe if I could read the article; I'm not willing to accept the future as accurately forseen without looking into the crystal ball myself. Simply because the context and date written makes a huge difference in interpreting something such as this. Does anyone have a link?
    http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2011/...emon-still-2d/

It's not that recent, but it's still relevant. And it basically says that sprites aren't going anywhere for a while and that it would have to be a conscious, consensus decision.
    Last edited by DBK; 15th March 2012 at 1:40 AM.
    MY FIRST EVER RANDOM SHINY!: (4/15/2011)

If you add me P/VM me.

Spoiler:- CREDITS:

Does anyone have a link?

Hydrohs already told you to PM Serebii and ask him

On-Topic: I wonder what they'll do with Zorua? Will it still be an event or maybe it'll get the riolu treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    On-Topic: I wonder what they'll do with Zorua? Will it still be an event or maybe it'll get the riolu treatment.
    It's sort of odd that it's an event only Pokemon as it is, there's nothing inherently special about it. They should definitely have available somewhere in the wild, or in-game in some form.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    It's sort of odd that it's an event only Pokemon as it is, there's nothing inherently special about it. They should definitely have available somewhere in the wild, or in-game in some form.
    Yeah. I do hope they'll just make Zorua findable in the wild somewhere for BW2. Or maybe they'll make you only find it from an Egg from a somewhat important NPC, similarly to Riolu in DPPt.

So, anybody else think they'll change up the Battle Subway, like how they made the Battle Frontier in Emerald? Hopefully they wont just ditch the Battle Subway for the Battle Frontier in BW2 though.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Quote Originally Posted by DBK View Post
    http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2011/...emon-still-2d/

It's recent. And it basically says that sprites aren't going anywhere for a while and that it would have to be a conscious, consensus decision.
    Thank you DBK! Please note that the following argument is not directed at you, since actually acknowledged that 3D is still a possibility.

The article doesn't convince me that generation six will use 2D, partially because Masuda's reasoning doesn't have any business sense to it, and consensus decisions for game development companies would never come down to the reasoning that Masuda gave. It sounds like he is trying to sugarcoat their low budget on graphics and animations.

The main reason it doesn't convince me, though, is because the whole answer that Masuda gave is in regard to Black and White; there is no indication that the circumstances won't change for future titles as some of you are suggesting. There may easily be other reasons to use 3D on the 3DS that outweigh the reasoning that Masuda gave for using 2D in Black and White. And one of those reasons might easily be the 3DS's capability to deliver smooth, beautiful 3D graphics in glasses-free stereoscopic 3D, which would definitely be a selling point to potential buyers. So I still see it as highly probable that generation six will be fully 3D, for the reasons I provided before this meaningless article came into play.

True. 3D is still a possibility on future titles and I totally agree but currently, please refrain from discussing Gen 6.

In regards to BW2, we can already establish that the game will still utilize 2D sprites based on the Keldeo CoroCoro scan.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    Yeah. I do hope they'll just make Zorua findable in the wild somewhere for BW2. Or maybe they'll make you only find it from an Egg from a somewhat important NPC, similarly to Riolu in DPPt.

So, anybody else think they'll change up the Battle Subway, like how they made the Battle Frontier in Emerald? Hopefully they wont just ditch the Battle Subway for the Battle Frontier in BW2 though.
    I definitely think the Battle Subway will become a Frontier in some form or another. Most likely with trains taking you to certain facilities.

Page 51 of 362 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast