Page 55 of 362 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 9033

Thread: Gameplay Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Post 5 and a half

Quote Originally Posted by Ansem1013 View Post
    that would make sense to do, if this were a jump to a new generation, which it isn't
    We don't truly know anything, not even if this is the same generation. Something we do know is that BW1 tried to emulate the Kanto experience, and these sequels must be trying to emulate the Jhoto experience. Except Jhoto truly was a new generation, with new pokemon, (and mascots that were legendaries instead of starters).

What BW2 might be is generation 5.5. Please hear me out. What keeps it from being gen 6 is the more numerous ties to the story of its predecessor (such as Kyurem). One of the atmospheric features of gsc's Kanto was the changes made, such as the veridian forest being cut down, and Cerulean cave being destroyed. These things were only missing in the original versions, and it was probably just for data space, but it created an air of sadness, that things aren't the same as you remember them, perhaps not for the better.

BW2 might try to do this in a similar way, with the Muskedeers being gone (among many landscape changes). Something would have to take their place, as otherwise the game would feel too empty. Jhoto had a new set of pokemon, along with a new region. So in the most extreme case, we'll see a set of brand new pokemon and a new region. At the very least (of this most extreme case) we'd see new legendaries, with Kyurem being the main focus (because gen 5 is trying to tell a story).

My rant is over, now you can call me stupid.
    I lost my DSi with my Black version in it.
    3DS FC: 0774-4658-6515 If you wanna' swap, tell me on my profile page.

I'm a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Click the link to learn more.

They wouldn't do three generations games in the Nintendo DS.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal_Qeca View Post
    They wouldn't do three generations games in the Nintendo DS.
    Or would they? I didn't say generation 6, anyways, I said 5.5, meaning it's still technically generation 5. What makes it 5.5 is how there is more distinction between BW2 with BW1 than there would be if B2 and W2 were simply gray version. Gamefreak might be trying to blur the lines between what makes a generation a generation, releasing a set of games midway between a new gen and a third version. Which honestly, Jhoto kind of was...
    ...but only kind of.

I'm a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Click the link to learn more.

Quote Originally Posted by Wasarym View Post
    Or would they? I didn't say generation 6, anyways, I said 5.5, meaning it's still technically generation 5. What makes it 5.5 is how there is more distinction between BW2 with BW1 than there would be if B2 and W2 were simply gray version. Gamefreak might be trying to blur the lines between what makes a generation a generation, releasing a set of games midway between a new gen and a third version. Which honestly, Jhoto kind of was...
    ...but only kind of.
    They already are more distinct from BW1 than a "Grey" would be if they are in fact true sequels.

There won't be new additions to the pokedex. Form changes at most. New pokemon would bring up incompatibility with BW1. Yes, they could make a time machine thing like in GSC, but why would they want to cause players the headache? It would also screw up competitive play and possibly the GTS. Also, why would they not just save the new pokemon for generation 6?

New areas are possible, but a whole new region is unlikely. If there was a whole new region, Unova would probably be playable as a post game area though (since these are sequels to events that occurred in Unova) and then the issue of cartridge space comes up. I'm with you on there beings vast changes to Unova though (I enjoyed the changes to Kanto in GSC even if they were only because of lack of data).

Johto wasn't in between a new gen and a third game unless you mean gen 1 as the new gen....
    PM or VM me for more trade info

I've noticed a lot of you saying you want the subway to be replaced with the frontier, but wouldn't it make more sense to add another train or add another location choice to the 'Anville town train' that brought you to the frontier? There is already so much space on the map that is empty, and a lot of people DO enjoy the subway.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by crystalzapdos View Post
    Pokemon following you was just a gimmick. It was a pointless feature that added nothing to the game play. As for the running shoes, they just put that there to fill up space on the touch screen. I usually hold down the B button out of habit. Also, if video games hurt your fingers and are bad for you, go sell your DS/3DS right now.
    Wow, you don't have to be a bloody dick. I should give up something I like because of a little discomfort that could be solved with better game features?

And isn't this what the topic is about: game features? That doesn't mean purely functional features. Gimmicky features can be enjoyable too.

Yesh! Following on your line of thought: if you hate the game so much, go sell your game and DS/3D right now.

I've noticed a lot of you saying you want the subway to be replaced with the frontier, but wouldn't it make more sense to add another train or add another location choice to the 'Anville town train' that brought you to the frontier? There is already so much space on the map that is empty, and a lot of people DO enjoy the subway.
    I'm rather impartial when it comes to the subway and the frontier - they're not features that I most look forward to. But, I think you have quite a good idea there! Why just enjoy one battling option when you can enjoy two? Heck, they could even replace Anville town and turn it into a battle frontier or Anville Town's Battle Frontier!
    Last edited by shatteredrose; 16th March 2012 at 10:52 PM.
    Check out my Pokemon blog: Shiny Hunter

FC White: 1249 7626 0794, Sorcha
    FC Black 2:

Quote Originally Posted by wcailum View Post
    this has been suggested as well, I believe...

this has been suggested as well, I believe...
    Oh, I wasn't aware. In any case doesn't it seem like the more logical option, and the one game-freak is most likely to implement? I mean they could remove the Battle subway entirely but why would they just toss away something so important? That would be like removing the battle tower to add in the frontier. And as we saw, instead of abandoning it they just added it to the mix.

They already are more distinct from BW1 than a "Grey" would be if they are in fact true sequels.
    That was my point.

There won't be new additions to the pokedex. Form changes at most. New pokemon would bring up incompatibility with BW1. Yes, they could make a time machine thing like in GSC, but why would they want to cause players the headache? It would also screw up competitive play and possibly the GTS. Also, why would they not just save the new pokemon for generation 6?
    Don't forget the dreamworld. Also, is the gen 4 GTS still operational?

Anyways, as I said, most extreme case. And maybe Gamefreak would make new legendaries to better tell Kyurem's story. Highly unlikely, though.

New areas are possible, but a whole new region is unlikely. If there was a whole new region, Unova would probably be playable as a post game area though (since these are sequels to events that occurred in Unova) and then the issue of cartridge space comes up. I'm with you on there beings vast changes to Unova though (I enjoyed the changes to Kanto in GSC even if they were only because of lack of data).
    Also, the changes made in BW2 will likely require more data in some cases (such as the construction zone). Who ever said a new region had to be very big, though? We might get something that could be considered a region in the way Pluto is considered a planet (which it's not). It might not even have gyms, just an evil team and folklore (almost said legends, but that might have been interpreted as legendaries).

Johto wasn't in between a new gen and a third game unless you mean gen 1 as the new gen....
    Sorry, midway was probably the wrong word. I meant a mix.

EDIT: Pokemon was a new series in gen 1, but still, not what I meant.
    Last edited by Wasarym; 16th March 2012 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wcailum View Post
    Oh, I wasn't aware. In any case doesn't it seem like the more logical option, and the one game-freak is most likely to implement? I mean they could remove the Battle subway entirely but why would they just toss away something so important? That would be like removing the battle tower to add in the frontier. And as we saw, instead of abandoning it they just added it to the mix.
    you don't not have a point
    Don't forget the dreamworld. Also, is the gen 4 GTS still operational?
    is the 4th gen GTS compatible with gen 5's? imo, your most drastic gen 5.5 idea would cause BW2 to not work with BW's GTS due to new mons

Anyways, as I said, most extreme case. And maybe Gamefreak would make new legendaries to better tell Kyurem's story. Highly unlikely, though.
    it is

Also, the changes made in BW2 will likely require more data in some cases (such as the construction zone). Who ever said a new region had to be very big, though? We might get something that could be considered a region in the way Pluto is considered a planet (which it's not). It might not even have gyms, just an evil team and folklore (almost said legends, but that might have been interpreted as legendaries).
    I thought we were talking about a region for the main game to take place in? I don't believe that'd work with a small area. It sounds like you mean something like the Sevii Islands in size, but even they aren't considered there own region.

Sorry, midway was probably the wrong word. I meant a mix.
    it's not really a third game though, but you already pointed that out yourself
    thoughts in bold

I think the "overdrive mode" thing is purely aesthetic. You know how in Zekrom's animation, parts of it turns blue? And in Reshiram's animation, parts of it turns red? This is the same thing.
    HOW TO HEAR KYUREM'S CRY IN REAL LIFE:
    1. Blow your nose

You are correct. Serebii pretty much comfirmed that it isn't a different form or whatever the hell people think the "overdrive" thing is.
    Here's the post if you don't believe me.

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    They don't have an overdrive mode. The scans make no mention of the word overdrive. It doesn't exist on the scan. That originated from a Japanese blog in English referencing DBZ or something. An English language fansite took that as it being fact, posted it, and e-mailed nearly every single Nintendo news site with it.

They are not in "Overdrive Mode". They are standard Black & White Kyurem. That's just what happens to their tail, similar to how Reshiram & Zekrom's goes and it's in animation

I see that website has edited their post to include that now, but they were spreading otherwise earlier
    Heres the thread where he says it: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...9#post14298309

it's not really a third game though, but you already pointed that out yourself
    thoughts in bold
    Interesting way to reply. Would've been easier to read if you copied and pasted [/QUOTE] to the end of every point, and my equivalent of [QUOTE=Ansem1013;14305656] to the start of all my points. Might be quicker, too, with all the times you must have highlighted and bolded.

Anyways, yes, I've been arguing with myself the entire time, making it up as I go along. I guess I should be a bit less subtle.

Have you seen the theory that you'd be fighting bosses instead of gym leaders in BW2? I had that in mind when I wrote about the possibility of a sub-region. Sort of like if you'd started in the sevii islands in FR and LG. Except if you had done that, the islands probably would have been designed differently (and they'd be sequels, and not remakes). And how would HM's work if you fought bosses instead of gym leaders? Would HM's be done away with? Should they be for future games?

EDIT: This doesn't read very clearly...
    Last edited by Wasarym; 17th March 2012 at 12:14 AM.

lol I can already imagine Black Kyurem and White Kyurem's animations, with those tube-tentacle things popping in and out
    HOW TO HEAR KYUREM'S CRY IN REAL LIFE:
    1. Blow your nose

Interesting way to reply. Would've been easier to read if you copied and pasted
    to the end of every point, and my equivalent of
    to the start of all my points. Might be quicker, too, with all the times you must have highlighted and bolded.

Anyways, yes, I've been arguing with myself the entire time, making it up as I go along. I guess I should be a bit less subtle.

Have you seen the theory that you'd be fighting bosses instead of gym leaders in BW2? I had that in mind when I wrote about the possibility of a sub-region. Sort of like if you'd started in the sevii islands in FR and LG. Except if you had done that, the islands probably would have been designed differently (and they'd be sequels, and not remakes). And how would HM's work if you fought bosses instead of gym leaders? Would HM's be done away with? Should they be for future games?
    well, they could just do away with the need for gym badges in order to use HMs.

I don't really like that theory though, as it's basic statement makes no sense to me since the Gym Leaders are bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
    lol I can already imagine Black Kyurem and White Kyurem's animations, with those tube-tentacle things popping in and out
    shame they're being stingy about showing clips/pics

to the end of every point, and my equivalent of
    I don't quite understand this statement, but I can guess its intention.

I don't really like that theory though, as it's basic statement makes no sense to me since the Gym Leaders are bosses.
    I guess you haven't seen the theory, then. The base purpose of the theory is that you'd be fighting important members of the evil team instead of gym leaders, such as the shadow triad instead of the striaton trio, Anthea and Concordia instead of Iris and Drayden, and the six sages filling in the rest.
    well, they could just do away with the need for gym badges in order to use HMs.
    But how would this change be implemented? Would your character have a special pass?

I think that gyms are here to stay, but I do like the parallelism team plasma has.

I don't quite understand this statement, but I can guess its intention.
    you had a dangling end quote thing so it cut off you quote there. It was unintentional. I was like "WTF?" reading over it lol

I guess you haven't seen the theory, then. The base purpose of the theory is that you'd be fighting important members of the evil team instead of gym leaders, such as the shadow triad instead of the striaton trio, Anthea and Concordia instead of Iris and Drayden, and the six sages filling in the rest.
    I have seen the theory, it's just that every time TWN brings it up, it sounds like he doesn't regard the Gym Leaders as boss battles themselves.

Anyway, I don't like the idea.The point of the game imo is to become the Pokemon Champion, not defeat the evil team. They keep popping up though and you have to take care of business while pursuing your actual goal of challenging the pokemon league. Having it the reverse way (challenging the gym leaders simply because they're there while you're pursuing the evil gang) doesn't make as much sense, considering beating them doesn't really do anything for you (since they don't unlock HM use, they aren't causing problems for citizens or you, and you don't care about the notoriety the gym badges gives or the elite they eventually allows you to battle).

But how would this change be implemented? Would your character have a special pass?
    I realized that in BW you didn't need any badge to use any HM, so what would a pass be for?

I think that gyms are here to stay, but I do like the parallelism team plasma has.
    yeah, me too.

I think the Gyms would be better if the leaders were more proper characters and didn't feel like each of them only appears in "their episode."

I didn't really care to battle the other sages (they're old intellectuals, I didn't even consider them having pokemon until recently tbh) or the two goddesses (they do however need more development). Having things be this way in BW2 wouldn't make much sense either as those 8 characters were loyal to N, who is now reformed and not going around disrupting the peace.

you were right btw, this is faster
    Last edited by Ansem1013; 17th March 2012 at 1:15 AM.

There should be a battle frontier, new areas, and team up in the battle subway or frontier over wifi.
    White: FC: 5329-5690-7750

I can do all things through christ who strengthens me.

If you are a proud Christian, add this to your signature
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.

Spoiler:- favorite trade shops:

check out my trade shop.
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=537618

So I was contemplating getting the JP version of black 2 because I don't think I can wait for the US version. My fear is that I will get to a point where I will need to know Japanese (and I am completely clueless as far as Japanese is concerned) anyone else have the same concern or have any input on the matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Alkedama View Post
    So I was contemplating getting the JP version of black 2 because I don't think I can wait for the US version. My fear is that I will get to a point where I will need to know Japanese (and I am completely clueless as far as Japanese is concerned) anyone else have the same concern or have any input on the matter?
    We're getting these games a full 6 months earlier than we normally would. Anyone who can't wait that long is really impatient.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Expansion to the amusement Park
    Battle Frontier
    I was actually kind of hoping for both of these as one big thing. I liked the idea of the battle frontier being an amusement park for Pokemon trainers in emerald and it would be cool if they brought the concept back (Platinum's battle frontier seemed too small and confined and didn't really feel like an amusement park).
    things like the Battle Coaster, Battle wheel ( Ferris wheel), Battle circus (not amusement park like but you get the idea), and the standard Battle tower.
    Feed him

[IMG]http://i40.*******.com/2nk6wes.gif[/IMG]
        Spoiler:- Credits:

you had a dangling end quote thing so it cut off you quote there. It was unintentional. I was like "WTF?" reading over it lol
    Glad to see you understood it. Should have bolded the quote pieces to show they were intentionally there. Also, your welcome.

I have seen the theory, it's just that every time TWN brings it up, it sounds like he doesn't regard the Gym Leaders as boss battles themselves.
    I always interpreted him as just using that term for non-gym leader bosses, as it is quicker than saying "important members of the evil team."
    Anyway, I don't like the idea.The point of the game imo is to become the Pokemon Champion, not defeat the evil team. They keep popping up though and you have to take care of business while pursuing your actual goal of challenging the pokemon league. Having it the reverse way (challenging the gym leaders simply because they're there while you're pursuing the evil gang) doesn't make as much sense, considering beating them doesn't really do anything for you (since they don't unlock HM use, they aren't causing problems for citizens or you, and you don't care about the notoriety the gym badges gives or the elite they eventually allows you to battle).
    I agree, but in this gen, Ghetsis was in the role the champion usually plays (the story's end boss), even though N was technically the champion at the time.
    My point is that the evil team is more interesting to people in the end, probably to gamefreak too.

This brings up the question of whether the evil team will hijack the ending again in BW2. It probably won't have the same effect if it happens again...
    What might happen instead? EDIT: To the Story thread!

I realized that in BW you didn't need any badge to use any HM, so what would a pass be for?
    I did not know this. How did you figure this out? I could have sworn there was a point where you had the HM waterfall but couldn't use it yet. It's been a while since I've gone through the story mode.
    Also, there weren't any new HM's this gen, were there? That kind of bugs me.

I think the Gyms would be better if the leaders were more proper characters and didn't feel like each of them only appears in "their episode."
    The gym leaders should be more fleshed out, but they are getting there. We even had that sequence where they're holding off the sages for you (minus the striaton trio).

I didn't really care to battle the other sages (they're old intellectuals, I didn't even consider them having pokemon until recently tbh) or the two goddesses (they do however need more development). Having things be this way in BW2 wouldn't make much sense either as those 8 characters were loyal to N, who is now reformed and not going around disrupting the peace.
    It bothered me how you never really fought the sages. I guess I was wanting them to be more like admins while I was playing. But looking back, it probably was better you didn't fight them.
    Another thing that bugged me was how there was no "Mt. Coronet" or "Silph Co." building. Not literally, of course, and I know there was Dragonspiral tower, and the Relic castle, but those didn't do it for me. Maybe one of them just needed warp pads...

I don't really know what Anthia and Concordia would do if they were a part of BW2. Perhaps they told a legend to N as a bedtime story, and that's what he's searching for? Seems more plausible than them stealing pokemon. EDIT: Also to the Story thread!
    Last edited by Wasarym; 17th March 2012 at 7:47 AM. Reason: Ease of reading

Quote Originally Posted by Black Doom View Post
    We're getting these games a full 6 months earlier than we normally would. Anyone who can't wait that long is really impatient.
    People will do anything.

I liked Ansem's theory of having to pursue Team Plasma while just beating the Gyms as a way to get to them. It sounds like a more probable (that is, going from 1%-10%) plot for the game because it is a "direct sequel" to Black 1 and White 1.

I always interpreted him as just using that term for non-gym leader bosses, as it is quicker than saying "important members of the evil team."
    true lol

I agree, but in this gen, Ghetsis was in the role the champion usually plays (the story's end boss), even though N was technically the champion at the time.
    My point is that the evil team is more interesting to people in the end, probably to gamefreak too.
    while this is true, I think the proper thing to do would be to improve the gym leaders rather than just shift the focus to the evil villains

I did not know this. How did you figure this out? I could have sworn there was a point where you had the HM waterfall but couldn't use it yet. It's been a while since I've gone through the story mode.
    Also, there weren't any new HM's this gen, were there? That kind of bugs me.
    I had to look it up on bulbapedia. I didn't really remember either lol.

And you're right, there wasn't any new HM, which kinda bugged me too. But we did get Dive back...

It bothered me how you never really fought the sages. I guess I was wanting them to be more like admins while I was playing. But looking back, it probably was better you didn't fight them.
    Another thing that bugged me was how there was no "Mt. Coronet" or "Silph Co." building. Not literally, of course, and I know there was Dragonspiral tower, and the Relic castle, but those didn't do it for me. Maybe one of them just needed warp pads...
    the WARP PADS!!!!

I don't really know what Anthia and Concordia would do if they were a part of BW2. Perhaps they told a legend to N as a bedtime story, and that's what he's searching for? Seems more plausible than them stealing pokemon. EDIT: Also to the Story thread!
    interesting idea...

What if they were the move tutors for Unova?!

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    People will do anything.

I liked Ansem's theory of having to pursue Team Plasma while just beating the Gyms as a way to get to them. It sounds like a more probable (that is, going from 1%-10%) plot for the game because it is a "direct sequel" to Black 1 and White 1.
    oh, thanks? lol I was just stating what things would have to be like for TWN's theory

Page 55 of 362 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast