Page 6 of 362 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Gameplay Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

I hope the bring at least some Gen 1-4 Pokés into the Unova wild, or maybe scratch that idea and Nintendo could have a Wifi event where
    they give you an egg that contains a 1-4 Pokémon.
    Generic Signature

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Yes, and it's terrible because it was designed to be poked.
    Wait, what? How?

It's pretty much exactly the same as DP if you're using button controls, except you also move the D-Pad horizontally.

Quote Originally Posted by Generic User Name View Post
    I hope the bring at least some Gen 1-4 Pokés into the Unova wild, or maybe scratch that idea and Nintendo could have a Wifi event where
    they give you an egg that contains a 1-4 Pokémon.
    That's kinda of an odd event to have. An egg that contains some random Pokemon from a pool of about 400?

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    Wait, what? How?

It's pretty much exactly the same as DP if you're using button controls, except you also move the D-Pad horizontally.
    The grid layout doesn't work nearly as well as a simple list when you're navigating with buttons. It's like trying to use the touchscreen to navigate D/P/P's menus. It's not what it was designed for, so it's cumbersome.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Unova Gyms

Spoiler:- Unova Gyms:

I don't feel like doing the E4 now.

Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    How is it unlikely, though? Since TMs cannot be held items anymore, it seems logical that they'd change the TM list in BW2, since there'd be no compatibility issues.
    Oh right... I totally forgot about this. XD

Speaking of, I wish they offer us more diving spots, and put more use to the HM Dive. And at least allow us to encounter underwater Pokemon.

Also, the Dive Ball. It's interesting that it's original function from RS (increased catch rate for underwater Pokemon) had returned. But there were no Underwater Pokemon encounters in BW at all. So hopefully they consider this.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    things about Dive
    Dive Ball's purpose may have been restored for potential RS remakes, not this.

I doubt that there'll be new uses for Dive beyond Undella Bay. The only other place there could really be Diving is Routes 17/18.

All I am really hoping for is gym leader rematches, Move tutor, and battle frontier. None of the other things said before really interest me. I mean, the pokemon following you around would be cool, but I don't think it is 100% neccesary.

Most Recent Shiny!

MyAnimeList
    3DS FRIEND CODE:4983-5418-8982 | IGN: Colby
    Friend Safari:
    Self Obtained Shinies:

I doubt that there'll be new uses for Dive beyond Undella Bay. The only other place there could really be Diving is Routes 17/18.
    They could, of course, introduce a new area of Unova for these games. What if the area north of the Pokemon League is playable? What if the ships can take you to a Sevii Islands-type of location? Since these games don't need to be bound to the original Unova region, there's nothing stopping GameFreak from adding on a "subsection" of Unova (like, a new semi-region that attaches to the original region) or something similar for these games, and Dive locations may be there.

They could, of course, introduce a new area of Unova for these games. What if the area north of the Pokemon League is playable? What if the ships can take you to a Sevii Islands-type of location? Since these games don't need to be bound to the original Unova region, there's nothing stopping GameFreak from adding on a "subsection" of Unova (like, a new semi-region that attaches to the original region) or something similar for these games, and Dive locations may be there.
    That's true. Perhaps off of some of Castelia's piers? The Battle Subway has some undersea lines, according to the map - perhaps they could lead to Diving portions?

Though, what would BW interpret the location as?

I know that there is a lack of water routes in Unova.

My point is, assuming it still takes place in Unova, they could put more diving spots on the surf routes, at least for purposes of catching rare underwater Pokemon (post-game) or obtaining rare items. Also, what Grei said above.

Though, what would BW interpret the location as?
    It could just say "Unova". Or some other vague term.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

My point is, assuming it still takes place in Unova, they could put more diving spots on the surf routes, at least for purposes of catching rare underwater Pokemon (post-game) or obtaining rare items. Also, what Grei said above.
    And my point was that there are so few Surf routes to do so. I wasn't trying to say that the implementation was unlikely, simply that there may be other reasons for things like the Dive Ball's purpose.

Again, with non-tradable TMs, there's no reason for Dive to even be included in the game.

Again, with non-tradable TMs, there's no reason for Dive to even be included in the game.
    I understand. Although I think they wouldn't.

They could remove Dive IF the setting was in a different region. But, let's assume that the setting is still Unova. What will become of the Abyssal Ruins then if you were to remove Dive? I guess we could simply say that it will be no longer accessible.

And yet they included it, so there's clearly a reason they wanted it in Unova. Maybe it was only for the few things they used it for in B/W, or maybe they've got more plans for it in B2/W2.

They could remove Dive IF the setting was in a different region. But, let's assume that the setting is still Unova. What will become of the Abyssal Ruins then if you were to remove Dive? I guess we could simply say that it will be no longer accessible.
    And yet they included it, so there's clearly a reason they wanted it in Unova. Maybe it was only for the few things they used it for in B/W, or maybe they've got more plans for it in B2/W2.
    Once again, I'm not saying it's likely, but it's possible. Abyssal Ruins isn't really necessary (if the Arceus plates are absolutely necessary, they could be placed elsewhere), which is literally the only thing that it's used for.

It could be for BW2, but it's just as likely that they're for RS remakes, especially given that RS was the only other game that used Dive anyway.

HM Slaves are necessary, you gotta get used to it, EA.
    As it happens, in BW they aren't. You need Cut once, all other HM use was optional. Which kind of hacked me off because I'd spread them about my team, assuming they'd be needed the same as in previous games.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    Those little apps were worthless.
    RNG Manipulators will disagree

In HGSS you can do everything except moving with the touchscreen. So left hand holding the console and moving, right hand with the stylus. It's not difficult.

On Dive, they could just put seaweed in the Undella Ruins. Their original purpose, incidentally, seems like one of the things I believe game developers put in games to help sell game guides. To work it out and get all the items without guiding, you'd need some serious dedication, and basic knowledge of cipher-breaking.
    Last edited by cantab; 27th February 2012 at 2:01 AM.

Once again, I'm not saying it's likely, but it's possible. Abyssal Ruins isn't really necessary (if the Arceus plates are absolutely necessary, they could be placed elsewhere), which is literally the only thing that it's used for.

It could be for BW2, but it's just as likely that they're for RS remakes, especially given that RS was the only other game that used Dive anyway.
    Very true, but we're also in an odd spot here with the R/S remakes. Could be that they become part of Sixth Gen on the 3DS. There's a lot of odd things with Fifth Gen.

Default 3rd gen remakes mixed in with 5th gen sequal

look closely at the logos it kind of has a sort of ruby and saphire effct in them with this im thinkig maybe the 3rd gen remakes are somehow tied into these ew games. so we are looking at the 3rd installment for gen 5+the remakes of ruby and saphire in these games pobly why there are 2 games instead of the usual one direct sequal for the genartions

pokemon X /omega rubyfc: 5026-4433-8974(dark friend safari with vulluaby, liepard, crawdaunt or absol)
    wifi has been shut down for 4th/5th gen games

Quote Originally Posted by mewtwo78 View Post
    look closely at the logos it kind of has a sort of ruby and saphire effct in them with this im thinkig maybe the 3rd gen remakes are somehow tied into these ew games. so we are looking at the 3rd installment for gen 5+the remakes of ruby and saphire in these games pobly why there are 2 games instead of the usual one direct sequal for the genartions
    No. Those are clearly icy designs (referring to Kyurem) and the colors are references to Zekrom (blue lightning, blue ICE) and Reshiram (red fire, red ICE). Let's not start this again--they are not related to Ruby and Sapphire. At all.

I can't see BW2 changing very much from BW. If there's any sort of new region or area to explore I'd be very surprised... But considering that this is a continuation of BW, it is possible that Unova extends further?

Idk, I've sat here for 5 minutes trying to think about where they will take BW2 and honestly this is all I could come up with. Speculation on our part is probably so far off from what GameFreak is doing. The only thing we can really do is wait. It's only 4 months until the game releases in Japan.

I've always wanted to just carry around a little knife to cut that bush instead of teaching Cut to a Pokemon.

All I really want is a new Pokemon game so whatever they release - I will buy and play religiously. Till then I'll just be making Pokemon on my White file.
    My EV'd Pokemon

No. Those are clearly icy designs (referring to Kyurem) and the colors are references to Zekrom (blue lightning, blue ICE) and Reshiram (red fire, red ICE). Let's not start this again--they are not related to Ruby and Sapphire. At all.
    thank you. someone who agrees. just because they made 2 3rd game installment doesnt mean it has to do with hoenn. either they wont make r/s remakes at all or it will be another set of games
    [IMG]http://i53.*******.com/1z1d54y.png[/IMG]

Spoiler:- FC:

Spoiler:- Team Enchanted Garden:

Spoiler:- pending trades:

I don't really get why in the world that there is thinking about that these games are combined with the RS remakes. That is since Nintendo ain't that dumb to actually put together these games with RS remakes and just sell four games into a set of paired games. The main reason why is that Nintendo is a business and buisnesss do what they would make the more money off of. Like having these being released as their own games first then MagmaRuby and AquaSapphire to be release as their own completely different games around the time all of us outside of Japan getting B2W2. But hey , Let's just put a stop to this dumb talk about MagmaRuby and AquaSapphire being combined in with Black 2 and White 2 in the same cartridge. Besides the point , This is something which they did with the logos in the first place instead of them being a Ruby and a Sapphire.

Spoiler:- What I was talking about :

there's no Battle Frontier?!

One thing I would like to see is maybe having the walking feature return. I liked having a Pokemon follow you in HG/SS. Even if it is just the starter that follows you in the game I would still be happy.

i Hope the give overworld sprites to the fifth gen pokemon and allow an option of pokemon following you to return.

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Quote Originally Posted by halloweenghost View Post
    i Hope the give overworld sprites to the fifth gen pokemon and allow an option of pokemon following you to return.
    Or they could have something similar to Amity Square where more Pokemon can follow you. If they went with the feature that way I would like to see a bigger park with different areas for you and your Pokemon to walk around in. And maybe include more animations for it where it lets say, a area with a river/pond and you have a water type following you, it would jump into the water and swim around for a little while.

Page 6 of 362 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast