Page 61 of 362 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 9033

Thread: Gameplay Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Didn't you get healed like 3+ times in the climax of the game at N's Castle? One before you battle the legendary, one after, and one before Ghetsis. Christ

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Yeah. BW2 should be more of a challenge (but not entirely difficult for new players) and less linear.
    Even caves, forests, routes and building should have more puzzles. I loved Silph Co.'s annoying warp tiles. Seafoam and Kanto Victory Road's boulder puzzles were really good too.
    Along with Bell Tower's ramps and warp tiles, they could implement those features into Dragonspiral Tower to make it much more challenging.
    Pinwheel Forest wasn't what it was described as. It should've had a maze theme to it.
        Spoiler:- Just- lol:

Yeah. BW2 should be more of a challenge (but not entirely difficult for new players) and less linear.
    Even caves, forests, routes and building should have more puzzles. I loved Silph Co.'s annoying warp tiles. Seafoam and Kanto Victory Road's boulder puzzles were really good too.
    My thoughts exactly (even... no, especially the warp tiles). It's a shame that the thing I remember that most resembles a puzzle is finding Kyurem in the giant chasm.

Alright, I suppose Chargestone had those floating crystals, but those barely constituted a puzzle. To be fair, though, if you went the wrong way at that crossroads, you'd get lost, and only after a good ten minutes would you find that the exit was to the right. That's what happened to me, anyways.
    I lost my DSi with my Black version in it.
    3DS FC: 0774-4658-6515 If you wanna' swap, tell me on my profile page.

I'm a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Click the link to learn more.

Quote Originally Posted by Wasarym View Post
    SECRET BASES!!!
    Also, does anyone else think that something like the Trick house should appear in BW2?
    100% yes. The Trick Master's house was awesome. I see no reason that there should not be a similar addition to BW2.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurawarrior8 View Post
    You know what I would like? A hard mode. Pokemon have better movesets. They are higher-levelled and to balance this they yield less exp. And the AI is smarter.
    It could be a New game+ too. We could still keep the post-game events such as the Battle Frontier as well if, whenever you beat the champion it asks you if you want to start a new adventure or not.
    I also see no reason not to include this. You could play through a standard game your first time, and then have an optional harder game. It would appease the gamers who have been clamoring for a harder challenge for years, but the littler kids who are perfectly happy with regular playthroughs wouldn't have to struggle.
    Also, smarter AI jeezuschrist yes!
    Last edited by KickAsh; 20th March 2012 at 1:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SGG View Post
    Didn't you get healed like 3+ times in the climax of the game at N's Castle? One before you battle the legendary, one after, and one before Ghetsis. Christ
    With the exception of the Grunts in Dragonspiral Tower and some other things in other games that I'm undoubtedly forgetting (who aren't bosses, so they're not that difficult), there aren't any other sequences in Pokemon when you're thrown into consecutive fights without a chance to access your Bag. Zekrom's a Lv. 50 670 BST Pokemon, and N's a boss with six Pokemon. That healing shouldn't be removed.

I do agree, though, with making the older dungeons a bit harder.

I hope it is more of a challenge. And give the lite 4 members at least 5 Pokemon rather than 4, I mean really! Caitlin could have had a team of 6 Pokemon, so could Marshal (Emboar included) and Grimsley

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    Zekrom's a Lv. 50 670 BST Pokemon, and N's a boss with six Pokemon.
    Zekrom's a lv. 50 670 BST Pokemon with a higher catch rate than a Chatot and a properly trained team can rip right through N.

Yeah... Of course it's nice and all, but having consecutive battles without chances of recovery really brings out the competitiveness and strategy of players.

Also, I miss that feeling when your party is almost wiped out and there no Pokemon Center/Mart in sight. In BW, it's so... convenient. You know that you're always safe because there's a Nurse/Doctor/Center several steps away.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Yeah... Of course it's nice and all, but having consecutive battles without chances of recovery really brings out the competitiveness and strategy of players.
    As it should be, imo.

Zekrom's a lv. 50 670 BST Pokemon with a higher catch rate than a Chatot and a properly trained team can rip right through N.
    Even a "properly" trained team will still have issues with N and then going directly into Ghetsis right after.
    And "catch rate higher than a Chatot" doesn't mean a lot. It's still easier, true, but it can still take a small eon (LIKE TORKOAL & SOLROCK) and unlike Chatot Zekrom/Reshiram hurt.

i don think its going to change much. like all the other pokemon games that get direct sequels, it'll bascially be an expansion pack of sorts. sure there will be some new storyline twists and plot line changes (nothing too major/unpredicted, im sure), but, hopefully, something that we can all enjoy.

what i really look forward to is the new GIF. that makes a lot of pokemon A LOT more interesting:3
    In-Game Name: Cealot
    Pokemon Y: 2895-7697-8437
    Friend Safari: Ice - Beartic, Spheal, Piloswine

Quote Originally Posted by Nephilim View Post
    If you like Pokemon, then you're a true fan. If you don't like Pokemon, then you're not. Regardless of generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowyarticuno View Post
    Even a "properly" trained team will still have issues with N and then going directly into Ghetsis right after.
    And "catch rate higher than a Chatot" doesn't mean a lot. It's still easier, true, but it can still take a small eon (LIKE TORKOAL & SOLROCK) and unlike Chatot Zekrom/Reshiram hurt.
    Again, if you train your team right (I believe the guide recommends level 54) and have the right Pokemon, you won't have that hard of a time.

Quote Originally Posted by x0MoMusica0x View Post
    i don think its going to change much. like all the other pokemon games that get direct sequels, it'll bascially be an expansion pack of sorts. sure there will be some new storyline twists and plot line changes (nothing too major/unpredicted, im sure), but, hopefully, something that we can all enjoy.

what i really look forward to is the new GIF. that makes a lot of pokemon A LOT more interesting:3
    we only had one other sequel and it wasn't like this one at all, and it was gsc.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Again, if you train your team right (I believe the guide recommends level 54) and have the right Pokemon, you won't have that hard of a time.
    Most people will probably not be level 54. That's a fair amount of grinding. I don't think I've ever broke 50/51 by the time I beat Ghetsis and I wouldn't be surprised if that was true for others as well.

Most people will probably not be level 54. That's a fair amount of grinding. I don't think I've ever broke 50/51 by the time I beat Ghetsis and I wouldn't be surprised if that was true for others as well.
    Did you give Lucky Eggs to your Pokémon while killing Audino's? That got my Serperior and Samurott to Level 60, my Haxorus to Lv. 58, and my Ferrothorn and Scrafty to Lv. 57. Audino was a great Pokémon for Level grinding before important battles.
        Spoiler:- Just- lol:

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    we only had one other sequel and it wasn't like this one at all, and it was gsc.
    one thing i'm not understanding is how GSC was a sequel to RBY? yea, you can go to Kanto. i still say it's the 2nd Gen and not just a 'direct sequel.' unless someone can correct me of course, as i'm not googling it atm.
    Pkmn W: 3181 5617 3649
    Pkmn W2: 1464 4040 1673
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/rbijc4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by thatjeremykid View Post
    one thing i'm not understanding is how GSC was a sequel to RBY? yea, you can go to Kanto. i still say it's the 2nd Gen and not just a 'direct sequel.' unless someone can correct me of course, as i'm not googling it atm.
    GSC explored the results of Red's defeat of Team Rocket (and to a lesser degree, the Pokemon League).

I'm a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Click the link to learn more.

Quote Originally Posted by thatjeremykid View Post
    GSC was a sequel because it takes place 5 years after RBY and in RBY, you break up Team Rocket and in GSC they get back together, just as I said, 5 years after.
    I hope that explains it.
        Spoiler:- Challenges:

Userbar made by Geijutsu-shin in Trickster44's Art Shop

Quote Originally Posted by ilovedieno View Post
    GSC was a sequel because it takes place 5 years after RBY and in RBY, you break up Team Rocket and in GSC they get back together, just as I said, 5 years after.
    I hope that explains it.
    It only takes place three years after R/G/B/Y does.

The events are constantly referenced, the characters are basically all the same. It's very clearly a sequel.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    Did you give Lucky Eggs to your Pokémon while killing Audino's? That got my Serperior and Samurott to Level 60, my Haxorus to Lv. 58, and my Ferrothorn and Scrafty to Lv. 57. Audino was a great Pokémon for Level grinding before important battles.
    ...That's not really the point.

The point was that you shouldn't -need- to grind for it. My team's levels were 49/47/47/46/45/52.

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    ...That's not really the point.

The point was that you shouldn't -need- to grind for it. My team's levels were 49/47/47/46/45/52.
    Personnaly, I feel you shouldn't have to grind much, but a little bit would make it feel that much more like the E4 was an actual obstacle to overcome (in a good way). The gym leaders too, but only some of them. Too much and the kids stop enjoying it.

That's just how I feel, though, and if you totally can't stand grinding, then that's okay.

Personnaly, I feel you shouldn't have to grind much, but a little bit would make it feel that much more like the E4 was an actual obstacle to overcome (in a good way). The gym leaders too, but only some of them. Too much and the kids stop enjoying it.

That's just how I feel, though, and if you totally can't stand grinding, then that's okay.
    You shouldn't have to level grind. It takes up time and isn't fun. In DPP the routes were bigger and you leveled up easier. They should just put more trainers in the games. They give more experience and make leveling up easier.
    Find me on showdown- Frankie

Quote Originally Posted by fasola91 View Post
    You shouldn't have to level grind. It takes up time and isn't fun. In DPP the routes were bigger and you leveled up easier. They should just put more trainers in the games. They give more experience and make leveling up easier.
    I'd be just fine with this. People like to talk about how hard something is, though. Like Whitney's Miltank.

Not that some people won't have problems with beating someone. If this happens, the player likely skipped all the trainers they could, so it would be their own fault.

Off topic, the spell-check is really weird for these forums. Stuff like happenss can be perfectly fine sometimes, while every name in Pokemon isn't recognized.

This. I had trouble with N and I used a Samurott, Krockodile, Haxorus, Zebztricka, Rufflet, and Crustle. Their all decent Pokemon, but I still had to use a few Max Revives to beat him. Keep the healing in.
    No sig. Deal with it.

I'd be just fine with this. People like to talk about how hard something is, though. Like Whitney's Miltank.

Not that some people won't have problems with beating someone. If this happens, the player likely skipped all the trainers they could, so it would be their own fault.

Off topic, the spell-check is really weird for these forums. Stuff like happenss can be perfectly fine sometimes, while every name in Pokemon isn't recognized.
    Milktank was the hardest thing I've ever done in Pokemon. I was so young when I played Silver for the first time. It took me so long to beat her. You said it exactly though, with more trainers the only people who would have problems are the ones who skip trainers.
    Find me on showdown- Frankie

Page 61 of 362 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast