Page 7 of 362 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Gameplay Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

I predict the following changes to GL assuming they are not changed.

Gym 1
    Unchanged

Gym 2
    Minccino
    Herdier/Deerling
    Watchog

Gym 3
    Karrablast
    Shelmet
    Durant
    Leavanny

Gym 4
    Joltik
    Eelektrik
    Emolga
    Zebstrika

Gym 5
    Krokorok
    Golett
    Seismitoad/Palpitoad
    Excadrill

Gym 6
    Unfeazant
    Swoobat
    Archeops (holding a consumable item like oran berry)
    Swanna

Gym 7
    Vannilish (holding Icy Stone and setting up Hail)
    Cryogonal
    Vaniluxe
    Beartic

Gym 8 Iris
    Druddigon
    Zweilous
    Haxorus

Important Post Game Battles

Draydon (Reveals he retired gym to Iris)
    Haxorus
    Flygon
    Druddigon
    Kingdra
    Hydreigon
    Altaria

Darach also resigned, to keep watch on lady Caitlen
    Gallade
    Empoleon
    Houndoom

I hope you can poketransfer from B/W into B2/W2
    White FC: 0218 4801 0967

640/649 pokemon in my White PC

Looking for

shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by danoobna View Post
    I hope you can poketransfer from B/W into B2/W2
    ... You'll just be trading between the two. This is not a new Generation.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    I predict the following changes to GL assuming they are not changed.

Gym 1
    Unchanged

Gym 2
    Minccino
    Herdier/Deerling
    Watchog

Gym 3
    Karrablast
    Shelmet
    Durant
    Leavanny

Gym 4
    Joltik
    Eelektrik
    Emolga
    Zebstrika

Gym 5
    Krokorok
    Golett
    Seismitoad/Palpitoad
    Excadrill

Gym 6
    Unfeazant
    Swoobat
    Archeops (holding a consumable item like oran berry)
    Swanna

Gym 7
    Vannilish (holding Icy Stone and setting up Hail)
    Cryogonal
    Vaniluxe
    Beartic

Gym 8 Iris
    Druddigon
    Zweilous
    Haxorus

Important Post Game Battles

Draydon (Reveals he retired gym to Iris)
    Haxorus
    Flygon
    Druddigon
    Kingdra
    Hydreigon
    Altaria

Darach also resigned, to keep watch on lady Caitlen
    Gallade
    Empoleon
    Houndoom
    Durant is too powerful for the third gym. And it would most likely be tynamo not eelektrik as I doubt the 4th gym will be around 39.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

here's hoping they finally let us pick what pokemon we want to send back to the box upon catching a new one...
    ie, your team is karrablast, cryogonal, emboar, conkeldurr, liepard, and excadrill, and you catch a pawniard and want to train it. so, you send liepard back to the PC instead of pawniard immediately being transported to it.
    this would be a great QoL thing and I gotta wonder why they haven't done it yet aside from resh/zek at N's castle...

Dude

Born In Battle, bred to kill

Quote Originally Posted by pokefielder View Post
    thank you. someone who agrees. just because they made 2 3rd game installment doesnt mean it has to do with hoenn. either they wont make r/s remakes at all or it will be another set of games
    There's really no need for RS remakes anyway since all the games since gen III can connect due to the same IV system. It would be nice if we got remakes, but I won't really care if we don't.

^ Click this for good times ^

Quote Originally Posted by Gelatino95 View Post
    There's really no need for RS remakes anyway since all the games since gen III can connect due to the same IV system. It would be nice if we got remakes, but I won't really care if we don't.
    Phat ds are no longer with us and ds lite are hanging by a thread until they are gone. Hgss weren't needed seeing as all johto Pokemon were catchable in 3rd and 4th gen.

Also, maybe some people just want to experience Hoenn in 5th Gen.

I guarantee that if it's made, it will be bought.

So I just realized that we haven't exactly gotten 5th gen Pokemon with Dream Abilities yet. Are they in these rumored sequels?

Quote Originally Posted by wiiboychris View Post
    So I just realized that we haven't exactly gotten 5th gen Pokemon with Dream Abilities yet. Are they in these rumored sequels?
    Yes we have. Munna, musharna, darumaka, and darmanitan.

I'm more worried about version exclusives. I'll need to know more about the gameplay of course; I vowed that the next pair I wouldn't follow on Serebii and I would just get whichever looked cooler, so it's not spoiled at all, but this...this is going to be a tough decision. Version exclusives are a huge thing for me--I only got Black because all of my friends got White, and it killed me, because Reuniclus and Braviary were so awesome looking and I was stuck with Gothitelle and Mandibuzz. So naturally I'll want whichever of these has those two, except that if these are literal continuations of Black and White I'm definitely going to want Black 2 because of consistency.

There's also the issue of the significance of the box mascot; someone remarked that Black 2 having Zekrom/Kyurem could mean it has a connection with N's Zekrom. Would that mean, then, that the player would receive Reshiram/Kyurem? I personally like both designs, but find Reshiram/Kyurem to have the most regal feel, while Zekrom/Kyurem looks too...not ugly, but...cold-hearted? Just garish. I would much rather have White Kyurem on my team. So that will also be a huge factor.

I would really like a Reuniclus on my team this time through but I don't know if it's worth settling for Black Kyurem. That's my head right now.

Also, what do you think they're going to remove in these versions? Do you think the version exclusives will change at all? In Platinum they removed Clamperl, Glameow, and Stunky lines; in Emerald, it was Roselia, Meditite, Zangoose, Lunatone, and Surskit. Thoughts here? I'm predicting one of the Bug lines is going to go. Maybe Shelmet and Karrablast?
    Sapphire Fighting Monotype Challenge
    Badges: 6
    Team:
    Li; Mahatma; Jackie; Bruce; Hellga; Banner

Oh, and about that "League of Champions" Cynthia mentioned...

- Vs. Seeker so we don't need to train against those wretched Audino
    - Optional Pokemon following you around
    - Unova Pokemon have a chance of having their Dream World abilities
    That's all I have.
    Shiny Pokemon: 1

I'm hoping instead of remakes from now on they tack the old region on at the end of the main adventure the same way Kanto was in Gen 2. I know its unlikely but I'd like that to be added to the sister games of this and every following generation. So for B2W2 Hoenn should follow Unova. It would give more of a reason for people who have already bought Black/White a reason to buy these.

We'll get an expanded Battle Frontier, probably in Anvil Town, and Gym Leader rematches. These are so standard now I think these should have been included in Black and White from the start. B2W2 are going to need way more differntiating them from their counterparts than that to earn a purchase IMO.

If we can't have an entire second region, they should at least add an island similar to the one north of Sinnoh or the Sevii Isles
    Last edited by thunderblade12; 27th February 2012 at 7:33 AM.

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

-pokemon HGSS inventory
    - give the bw gen pokemon larger move pools
    -display ev's and iv's
    - marshall is the new champion
    - more dream world abilities. Some just plain suck
    -make it like the first set of gbc games where if played on 3ds you get a small 3d effect

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Very true, but we're also in an odd spot here with the R/S remakes. Could be that they become part of Sixth Gen on the 3DS. There's a lot of odd things with Fifth Gen.
    Yeah, 5th Gen was weird, specifically the timing. The DS was the only system two have two separate generations. It just so happened that the 3ds came out right at about the same time as 5th gen, which kinda puts nintendo in a tough spot. If you look at the pattern, the third installment always comes two years after the original two. But Nintendo definitely didn't want to drag out original DS launches that long, so that's why we are seeing the 3rd installment so early. That's why there was the speculation as to if there was even going to be a third installment or if they were just gonna move straight to generation 6 on the 3ds. I can see them doing the remakes because the franchise is doing so well financially that they would have no reason to wait another 2 years after BW2 to make gen 6. I'm thinking it's gonna go something like
    2012 - BW2 on DS
    2013 - RSE remakes on 3ds
    2014 - Gen 6 main

But then again, it would certainly be odd for remakes to be the first games on the 3ds. So I could see those last two being switched around, which would be new as well, since their has always been a 3 year wait between new generations. But there's definitely gotta be something released on 3ds in 2013; by that time 3ds will have been out over 2 years and they can't afford for one of their hugest franchises to not have a game on the system by then.

They've just gotten in this groove where they hate waiting over a year to release games. The last time we even waited more than a year was the span from 07-09, and man that sure seemed like a long time.

anyways, I know that's off topic, so I'll throw in some things I want to see in gameplay. Seperate poke balls pocket (I mean common, last time pokeballs were in the items pocket was freakin generation 1, I know it doesn't make a difference but it just annoys me), maybe a little less intro (also not gonna happen, if anything it'll probably be longer), maybe a few more pokemon available earlier in the game, say before Skyarrow, better uses for the c-gear or touchscreen in general (cgear is a good idea, the DS just doesn't have the stuff to make it really usefull). All pretty minor things. 5th gen was easily the best in regards to those minor details.
    Last edited by Rip Hamilton; 27th February 2012 at 7:56 AM.

Even if they do make Ruby and Sapphire remakes they'll probably be on the original DS too. The sixth generation is probably the first main series Pokemon game they want to debut on the 3DS. I wouldn't be surprised if that came as early as November 2013-June 2014 though.

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

Quote Originally Posted by thunderblade12 View Post
    Even if they do make Ruby and Sapphire remakes they'll probably be on the original DS too. The sixth generation is probably the first main series Pokemon game they want to debut on the 3DS. I wouldn't be surprised if that came as early as November 2013-June 2014 though.
    Yeah, I just would think they would be trying to get away from DS (which is almost 8 years old or something like that) and start moving towards Pokemon on the 3ds. Also it just seems like not enough of a graphical update, and there are already 3 separate sets of poke games on the DS. But hey, people still buy Ds games and play DS, so why not try to squeeze every ounce out of it? Overall, the timing is just odd, and it will be interesting to see how it unfolds.

To all the people wanting Ruby/Sapphire remakes... why? Ruby and Sapphire (well, Emerald anyway) are still perfectly good.

If anything, I'd like to see an improved version (like the 3D Classics) put up on the 3DS's shop app. After all, the shop DOES have GBA games already. All they have to do is make it able to trade with Black and White (and with each other), add in the physical/special split, and who knows, maybe add in GBA-style sprites and animations for 4th and 5th gen Pokemon and attacks for added backwards compatibility (or add in a Gen 2-style Time Capsule in the Pokemon Centres).

I'd play the hell out of it.

Incidentally, how many of you think there will be new pokemon, as in a new regional pokedex?

Quote Originally Posted by Atratus View Post
    Incidentally, how many of you think there will be new pokemon, as in a new regional pokedex?
    Why would they do that? The current dex is fine. There is nothing but Unova Pokemon in their and they are only adding formes, not Pokemon.
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

I made this assumption on some other forums. So i'll say it here too.

If this is just a "3rd" version remake of Black and White, then the gimmick to get people to buy the game cannot simply be an alternate form of a legendary.....also, it cannot be 3D because the game isn't for the 3DS, and its far faaaaar too soon to unveil a new batch of pokemon.....and while it would be nice, it can't be the pokemon following the trainer, because they already used that shtick as a selling point.

So, The only true explanations is this:

one game Has Unova+Hoenn as the region and the other has Unova+Sinnoh. This would be a good selling point..

OR.....

The game takes place in a brand new region.....but there are no new pokemon.

At this point anything is possible considering the fact that Gamefreak is breaking the trend of the pokemon game cycle. However, in the odd chance it really is just Kyuurem's alternate forms and a couple of secret islands.....then gamefreak's "dun goofed," and it would be one of the worst selling pokemon games (in the main series) ever.

I'm sticking to my theory I know I have to be at least partially correct on this.

I wonder if some pkmn will get new moves that would make them better...like the Pidove line or the Rufflett line getting more moves that are enhanced by Sheer Forced.

And I think that the Klink line will have a secondary Electric type added...kinda like a reversed Magnemite.

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    I wonder if some pkmn will get new moves that would make them better...like the Pidove line or the Rufflett line getting more moves that are enhanced by Sheer Forced.

And I think that the Klink line will have a secondary Electric type added...kinda like a reversed Magnemite.
    I don't think they'll be adding any types to any Pokemon. Besides Klink is fine it just needs a better moveset a lot of Unova Pokemon do. Also instead of the Battle Frontier they should have some sort of Battle Island thing it could be like a chain of islands maybe five or six like the Sevi Islands but everyone would have some sort of Battle Facility

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz14456 View Post
    These are going to be interesting to look at and laugh over once the games come out. I hope the mods don't delete the thread once the games are released.
    They'll probably delete this thread because all the speculating will be over by the time the game comes out. Heck we'll probably be done speculating by May and why would we laugh over this game it could be the best one yet you never know.
    Last edited by JD; 27th February 2012 at 2:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudkip43 View Post
    Also instead of the Battle Frontier they should have some sort of Battle Island thing it could be like a chain of islands maybe five or six like the Sevi Islands but everyone would have some sort of Battle Facility
    This. I've always wanted a larger Battle Frontier like the one in Emerald and this would be even better.
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

Page 7 of 362 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast