Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 36

Thread: I'm Back

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    159

    Default I'm Back

    I just stopped a 5 month hiatus of not liking Pokemon, I really would love to get back into competitive battling. I am NOT taking out Espeon because it is my favorite Pokemon, and I would like to add a fire type Pokemon too.


    Espeon @Light Clay
    Ability: Magic Bounce
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Sp. Atk / 252 Spd
    -Psyshock
    -Shadow Ball
    -Reflect
    -Light Screen

    I really want to use Magic Bounce Espeon... so help! I am also thinking of a bulky Magic Bounce Espeon, or using it as my lead.


    Cloyster @Life Orb/White Herb
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 248 Spd
    -Shell Smash
    -Icicle Spear
    -Rock Blast
    -Razor Shell/Hydro Pump
    I have always used a bulky lead Cloyster, but SilentOmen recommended Shell Smash so I will try it. High attack and speed will work perfectly with its already (extremely) high Defense.



    Rotom-W @Choice Specs
    Ability: Levitate
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Spd
    -Volt Switch
    -Trick
    -Hydro Pump
    -HP Fire
    Getting more and more common, nowadays, but it has proved very useful for me so far. Volt Switch to do damage against a foe it might have issues with, and not having the negative effect of Choice Specs. Trick to give away my Choice Specs, followed by sweeping moves in Hydro Pump and HP Fire. If anyone can get me this Pokemon, even at level one, PLEASE PM me.
    I kinda wanna take it out because of how hard it is to get a Rotom like this.


    Ferrothorn @Leftovers
    Impish (+Def, -Sp. Atk)
    100 HP / 200 Def / 156 Sp. Def
    -Gyro Ball
    -Power Whip
    -Leech Seed
    -Stealth Rock
    My Physical Wall / Dual Wall / Back-up Lead. He also covers my major Grass hole, and minor Steel hole. Leftovers because it is great on walls, and Leech Seed for stalling. Gyro Ball and Power Whip for STAB / Sweeping. Stealth Rock just in case of emergency, or if I feel like using him as my lead.



    Dragonite @Lum Berry/Leftovers
    Ability: Multiscale
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    -ExtremeSpeed
    -Dragon Dance
    -Fire Punch
    -Dragon Claw
    Multiscale nearly gives me an 100% chance that it can survive at least 1 turn, in which I can usually use DD. After this I can use any of it's moves (except it only improves power for Extremespees). ITEM NEEDED.


    Scrafty @Life Orb
    Ability: Moxie
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 252 HP / 80 Atk / 88 Def / 88 Sp. Def
    -Crunch
    -Ice Punch
    -Drain Punch
    -Bulk Up
    Scrafty is usually my last Pokemon, which is why Moxie would suit it very well. I like Bulk Up so it can survive longer with a higher Def, but I am considering Dragon Dance instead. Crunch and Ice Punch for sweeping, along with Drain Punch, which is also for gaining HP back. Hoping this works well with a Life Orb.

    One Final Look:


    Former Members:

    Gligar @Toxic Orb
    Ability: Poison Heal
    Nature: Impish
    EVs: 56 HP / 100 Atk / 252 Def / 100 Spd
    -Fling
    -Acrobatics
    -Earthquake
    -Fire Fang
    Toxic Orb and Poison Heal basically work together to be an extra Leftovers, so if its HP is low, I can use protect to heal for a turn. Acrobatics, Earthquake, and Fire Fang are all just sweeping moves, and I do not have fire-power as I said earlier, so Fire Fang is my fire-power for now.
    Replaced by: Ferrothorn


    Yanmega @Focus Sash
    Ability: Speed Boost
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Spd
    -Air Slash
    -Bug Buzz
    -Protect
    -Hypnosis
    The chaos-causer. Protect to raise speed and Hypnosis to annoy my opponent. Then I have Air Slash and Bug Buzz for sweeping, with Focus Sash to give me an extra turn, at least.
    Replaced by: Cloyster

    Possible Members:

    Exeggutor @Chesto Berry
    Ability: Harvest
    Nature: Calm
    EVs: 112 HP / 44 Def / 56 Sp. Atk / 80 Sp. Def / 216 Spd
    -Rest
    -Leaf Storm
    -Psychic
    -Sleep Powder
    The combination of Rest, Chesto Berry, and Harvest allows me to get to 100% HP in one turn, with Sleep Powder to induce sleep on the foe to make sure I don't faint first. Leaf Storm and Psychic are very nice sweeping moves and have worked very well. I am unsure about the nature and EVs (they seem too spread) on Exeggutor, although so far, it has worked very well on PO.
    Last edited by zwgiantsfan; 4th March 2012 at 12:18 AM.

    NEW WIFI OU TEAM!!

    FC: 1378-7035-2596
    PO: zwgiantsfan

    CURRENT Emerald Nuzlocke: (6 Badges, 1 Death)
    CURRENT Soulsilver Nuzlocke: (7 Badges)

    Shiny Pokemon FOR Trade:
    (lv. 38 T)
    DWFs: (extremespeed)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Citadark Isle
    Posts
    1,404

    Default

    seems to be a good team not much t change ill test it in a battle if you want im on smogon server tss eliteknight


    Credits to Sworn for the Banner, buttons to astral shadow, Drac Buttons to EG

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eliteknight View Post
    seems to be a good team not much t change ill test it in a battle if you want im on smogon server tss eliteknight
    Thx
    N I'll pm u when I can battle thx again

    NEW WIFI OU TEAM!!

    FC: 1378-7035-2596
    PO: zwgiantsfan

    CURRENT Emerald Nuzlocke: (6 Badges, 1 Death)
    CURRENT Soulsilver Nuzlocke: (7 Badges)

    Shiny Pokemon FOR Trade:
    (lv. 38 T)
    DWFs: (extremespeed)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    278

    Default

    It says HP ice, but you wrote fire lol. How about making espy a Dual screener/light clay to provide some much needed defense? That's about all i can think of atm, hope it works.
    I have claimed the deadly snake Seviper, as of December 2 2011

    Huge credit to Brutaka Blaziken and PkmnFn for the banner
    This archeops is currently staring into your soul. Deal with it.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ttar's stone edge View Post
    It says HP ice, but you wrote fire lol. How about making espy a Dual screener/light clay to provide some much needed defense? That's about all i can think of atm, hope it works.
    Hahaha my bad but I fixed it
    Would dual screen espy hav the same evs n nature? N would it then b my lead pkmn?

    NEW WIFI OU TEAM!!

    FC: 1378-7035-2596
    PO: zwgiantsfan

    CURRENT Emerald Nuzlocke: (6 Badges, 1 Death)
    CURRENT Soulsilver Nuzlocke: (7 Badges)

    Shiny Pokemon FOR Trade:
    (lv. 38 T)
    DWFs: (extremespeed)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    411

    Default

    I'd suggest this for your Dragonite;
    Dragonite @ life orb/muscle band/ left overs
    Jolly
    Multi scale
    252 ATK 252 SPD 4 hp
    Earthquake
    Dragon dance
    Dragon claw
    Fire punch

    It pretty much the same set as above, only earthquake makes you not walled by heatran. Life orb is if you dont mind residual damage for the extra damage. Muscle band is a light version of it, expert belt works to, but you have good neutral coverage, not super effective coverage. Leftovers is if you want to try to get multiple scale back after it breaks. Jolly will allow you to outrun any adamant dragonites.


    ^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    481

    Default

    Your team has issues with Ice attacks (consider Ice Shard Mamoswine and Shell Smash Cloyster high on that list) with 2 pokemon being x4 weak to it and Yanmega taking x2 damage. Some go as far as using Icicle spear... which will both break focus sash and get through Dragonite's multiscale. You do have counters to Mamo of course (I'm not ignoring Rotom and Scrafty) but it would help your team synergy to consider some pokemon without a drastically common weakness (Ice attacks are very common offensively). Pokemon to consider would be Terrakion, Ferrothorn (it survives ice attacks taking neutral and destroying Mamo with power whip and gyro ball), Jellicent, Heatran (you'll want to watch for Mamo earthquake... but a balloon can solve that if you want)... or just about anything that can take Ice attacks for neutral that add team synergy.

    Just a little food for thought I suppose.
    Last edited by SilentOmen; 27th February 2012 at 3:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vycksta View Post
    My black heart bleeds.
    ~Life is an empty void. Here... have a cookie :3

    I have claimed Parasect! When life gives you lemons.... STAB them in the eye!

    Be sure to follow up on StriatonRadio. Get a laugh while we all talk Pokemon! Links to podcast are on the page! Note that StriatonRadio is currently looking for suggestions and feedback!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Eastern US. i hate it...
    Posts
    14

    Default

    For the Gliscor you said you could use protect to gain HP for a turn, but you don't have protect in its moveset. Fling is also a dandy choice however, to poison the foe. I'm not sure how you could fit in protect, considering without fling, acrobatics is not nearly as good. You said Fire fang was needed, so earthquake would have to be taken out. You move though.
    ** OFFERING LEGIT POKERUS PM if your interested in setting up a trade (Your Brain: You definitely should, bro.) ** ಠ_ರೃ

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonicwari View Post
    I'd suggest this for your Dragonite;
    Dragonite @ life orb/muscle band/ left overs
    Jolly
    Multi scale
    252 ATK 252 SPD 4 hp
    Earthquake
    Dragon dance
    Dragon claw
    Fire punch

    It pretty much the same set as above, only earthquake makes you not walled by heatran. Life orb is if you dont mind residual damage for the extra damage. Muscle band is a light version of it, expert belt works to, but you have good neutral coverage, not super effective coverage. Leftovers is if you want to try to get multiple scale back after it breaks. Jolly will allow you to outrun any adamant dragonites.
    So I will replace Extremespeed with EQ (although part of my multiscale strategy was 2 go first automatically w/ more power)
    I'm thinking muscle band because I already am using life orb on scrafty

    NEW WIFI OU TEAM!!

    FC: 1378-7035-2596
    PO: zwgiantsfan

    CURRENT Emerald Nuzlocke: (6 Badges, 1 Death)
    CURRENT Soulsilver Nuzlocke: (7 Badges)

    Shiny Pokemon FOR Trade:
    (lv. 38 T)
    DWFs: (extremespeed)

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilentOmen View Post
    Your team has issues with Ice attacks (consider Ice Shard Mamoswine and Shell Smash Cloyster high on that list) with 2 pokemon being x4 weak to it and Yanmega taking x2 damage. Some go as far as using Icicle spear... which will both break focus sash and get through Dragonite's multiscale. You do have counters to Mamo of course (I'm not ignoring Rotom and Scrafty) but it would help your team synergy to consider some pokemon without a drastically common weakness (Ice attacks are very common offensively). Pokemon to consider would be Terrakion, Ferrothorn (it survives ice attacks taking neutral and destroying Mamo with power whip and gyro ball), Jellicent, Heatran (you'll want to watch for Mamo earthquake... but a balloon can solve that if you want)... or just about anything that can take Ice attacks for neutral that add team synergy.

    Just a little food for thought I suppose.
    This is good advice
    I really don't like usin legends so I won't use heatran or terrakion
    It's funny cuz I hav used all of the pokes I've recommended n thought of using all of them
    My question is just rly who to replace
    I can use cloyster n/or ferrothorn as a lead as a spiker or a wall
    My water/ghost is Rotom-w so I'll stick with tht instead of jellicent
    I kinda love mamoswine... Especially now tht it is available wit it's DW ability n it is a good varied sweeper so who shud I replace for it?
    Last edited by zwgiantsfan; 27th February 2012 at 4:43 AM.

    NEW WIFI OU TEAM!!

    FC: 1378-7035-2596
    PO: zwgiantsfan

    CURRENT Emerald Nuzlocke: (6 Badges, 1 Death)
    CURRENT Soulsilver Nuzlocke: (7 Badges)

    Shiny Pokemon FOR Trade:
    (lv. 38 T)
    DWFs: (extremespeed)

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Where the Sun Don't Shine
    Posts
    555

    Default

    Change scrafty to moxie lum set! Since u run BU wrong!

    Edit: or use CB scizor fr voltturn core and he removes ice weakness

    edit2: run offensive DD since you have espy as a dual screener.

    Dnite @ lum berry
    multiscale
    jolly
    252 Att 252 speed 4 def
    -dragon dance
    -outrage
    -extreme speed
    -EQ/fire punch
    Last edited by Utopian; 27th February 2012 at 4:41 AM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    NoCal, baby
    Posts
    331

    Default

    Lum Berry on dragonite will stop people from gimping your sweep with toxic or will-o-wisp as you set up DDs.

    also, fling is honestly useless on gliscor... sub-protect or flying gem are better sets than flingscor.

    so metal

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePKRSdealer View Post
    For the Gliscor you said you could use protect to gain HP for a turn, but you don't have protect in its moveset. Fling is also a dandy choice however, to poison the foe. I'm not sure how you could fit in protect, considering without fling, acrobatics is not nearly as good. You said Fire fang was needed, so earthquake would have to be taken out. You move though.
    My bad lol
    Now I have to choose between protect (n maybe replacing acrobatics) or fling
    N also I need a flyin move on my team somewhere which is why I use acrobatics
    Last edited by zwgiantsfan; 27th February 2012 at 4:43 AM.

    NEW WIFI OU TEAM!!

    FC: 1378-7035-2596
    PO: zwgiantsfan

    CURRENT Emerald Nuzlocke: (6 Badges, 1 Death)
    CURRENT Soulsilver Nuzlocke: (7 Badges)

    Shiny Pokemon FOR Trade:
    (lv. 38 T)
    DWFs: (extremespeed)

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zerofield View Post
    Lum Berry on dragonite will stop people from gimping your sweep with toxic or will-o-wisp as you set up DDs.
    Actually tht cud b rly worth it

    NEW WIFI OU TEAM!!

    FC: 1378-7035-2596
    PO: zwgiantsfan

    CURRENT Emerald Nuzlocke: (6 Badges, 1 Death)
    CURRENT Soulsilver Nuzlocke: (7 Badges)

    Shiny Pokemon FOR Trade:
    (lv. 38 T)
    DWFs: (extremespeed)

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Where the Sun Don't Shine
    Posts
    555

    Default

    You ignore my post! I stop giving bad advice na0!

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jets View Post
    You ignore my post! I stop giving bad advice na0!
    Hahaha
    Explain scizor tho

    NEW WIFI OU TEAM!!

    FC: 1378-7035-2596
    PO: zwgiantsfan

    CURRENT Emerald Nuzlocke: (6 Badges, 1 Death)
    CURRENT Soulsilver Nuzlocke: (7 Badges)

    Shiny Pokemon FOR Trade:
    (lv. 38 T)
    DWFs: (extremespeed)

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Where the Sun Don't Shine
    Posts
    555

    Default

    Volt turn core, the gayest style alive next to BP!

    Using both screens with a multiscale sweeping with volturn will easily wear down opponents!

    Rotom-w shud be scarf btw (volt switch)
    CB sciz (u turn)

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    NARNIA *****ES!
    Posts
    1,967

    Default

    hmmm, this is a good team and I dont really know how to build teams but I know what item nite's gotta have. If you wanna survive longer, and possibly have the chance of retrieving multiscale, go with lefties. On the other hand, many people think of poisoning or paralyzing nite, so lum berry is also very useful
    Black 2 FC: 0047 0978 3613


    Credit to Astral Shadow

    Check out my new RPG and join it:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...-Serpent-PG-13

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zwgiantsfan View Post
    This is good advice
    I really don't like usin legends so I won't use heatran or terrakion
    It's funny cuz I hav used all of the pokes I've recommended n thought of using all of them
    My question is just rly who to replace
    I can use cloyster n/or ferrothorn as a lead as a spiker or a wall
    My water/ghost is Rotom-w so I'll stick with tht instead of jellicent
    I kinda love mamoswine... Especially now tht it is available wit it's DW ability n it is a good varied sweeper so who shud I replace for it?
    Rotom is water/electric in gen V... not ghost. As far as replacements, I'd say potentially Yanmega or Gliscor. You can always opt out Dragonite if you prefer.. but Dragonite is a nice bulky sweeper and a pretty valuable pokemon to use.

    If you opt for a physical attacker addition, consider Gliscor to replace. If you are going for a special oriented choice, then Yanmega (that way you keep a balance).
    Quote Originally Posted by Vycksta View Post
    My black heart bleeds.
    ~Life is an empty void. Here... have a cookie :3

    I have claimed Parasect! When life gives you lemons.... STAB them in the eye!

    Be sure to follow up on StriatonRadio. Get a laugh while we all talk Pokemon! Links to podcast are on the page! Note that StriatonRadio is currently looking for suggestions and feedback!

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Where the Sun Don't Shine
    Posts
    555

    Default

    Just pointing things out that you butt****ed by volcarona! Unless you get a lucky flinch off of airslash!

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jets View Post
    Volt turn core, the gayest style alive next to BP!

    Using both screens with a multiscale sweeping with volturn will easily wear down opponents!

    Rotom-w shud be scarf btw (volt switch)
    CB sciz (u turn)
    How bout both of them 2gether? o.O lol jk
    Maybe... But u said 2 ignore ur advice lol
    Y scarf?
    N o I c

    NEW WIFI OU TEAM!!

    FC: 1378-7035-2596
    PO: zwgiantsfan

    CURRENT Emerald Nuzlocke: (6 Badges, 1 Death)
    CURRENT Soulsilver Nuzlocke: (7 Badges)

    Shiny Pokemon FOR Trade:
    (lv. 38 T)
    DWFs: (extremespeed)

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bobyjoe5000 View Post
    hmmm, this is a good team and I dont really know how to build teams but I know what item nite's gotta have. If you wanna survive longer, and possibly have the chance of retrieving multiscale, go with lefties. On the other hand, many people think of poisoning or paralyzing nite, so lum berry is also very useful
    Ok so lum or lefties (which hav both now been recommended multiple times) thx

    NEW WIFI OU TEAM!!

    FC: 1378-7035-2596
    PO: zwgiantsfan

    CURRENT Emerald Nuzlocke: (6 Badges, 1 Death)
    CURRENT Soulsilver Nuzlocke: (7 Badges)

    Shiny Pokemon FOR Trade:
    (lv. 38 T)
    DWFs: (extremespeed)

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilentOmen View Post
    Rotom is water/electric in gen V... not ghost. As far as replacements, I'd say potentially Yanmega or Gliscor. You can always opt out Dragonite if you prefer.. but Dragonite is a nice bulky sweeper and a pretty valuable pokemon to use.

    If you opt for a physical attacker addition, consider Gliscor to replace. If you are going for a special oriented choice, then Yanmega (that way you keep a balance).
    Man if I can 4get wat type Rotom is then I've been away from the game 4 WAY 2 long
    Ok n ya I rly like Dragonite especially DW so I'll keep him
    Well I like a balanced team... So now wat? Lol

    NEW WIFI OU TEAM!!

    FC: 1378-7035-2596
    PO: zwgiantsfan

    CURRENT Emerald Nuzlocke: (6 Badges, 1 Death)
    CURRENT Soulsilver Nuzlocke: (7 Badges)

    Shiny Pokemon FOR Trade:
    (lv. 38 T)
    DWFs: (extremespeed)

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zwgiantsfan View Post
    Man if I can 4get wat type Rotom is then I've been away from the game 4 WAY 2 long
    Ok n ya I rly like Dragonite especially DW so I'll keep him
    Well I like a balanced team... So now wat? Lol
    Well, this is where testing and all of that comes in. You try a few of the options you have and see how they work out. Truthfully, I can recommend some ideas, but some of the playstyles may not work for you (like you not really liking legendaries). That's why I say poke around with your choices and really see if you like one in specific and figure which gets you more victories.

    I wouldn't worry about it too much. In my early days of CRMT posting, I've gone as far as recommending stone edge on Haxorus (duh! lol) and saying a certain dream world pokemon wasn't available when it was (though very difficult to get). Ferrothorn sounds (to me) like a good choice to consider and that would opt out Gliscor. How about we start there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vycksta View Post
    My black heart bleeds.
    ~Life is an empty void. Here... have a cookie :3

    I have claimed Parasect! When life gives you lemons.... STAB them in the eye!

    Be sure to follow up on StriatonRadio. Get a laugh while we all talk Pokemon! Links to podcast are on the page! Note that StriatonRadio is currently looking for suggestions and feedback!

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Well, where the hell these 20 comments came from, but yes save ev's for Espy and make it lead.
    I have claimed the deadly snake Seviper, as of December 2 2011

    Huge credit to Brutaka Blaziken and PkmnFn for the banner
    This archeops is currently staring into your soul. Deal with it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •