So, I am preparing to construct a second deck using BW-series for league-style play in 2012 and 2013, that will be improved on as new card expansions are released (I'm really liking that Dark Rush Espeon).
I really want this one to be focused on defensive tactics such as reducing damage taken by my pokemon, healing damage from my pokemon, and inflicting damage that is not affected by weakness or resistance. Basically, I want this deck to be a great example of "playing it safe".
Here's the list as it stands so far -
Noble Victories Whimsicott - Helping Hand/Cotton Guard x2
Noble Victories Cottonee - Cotton Guard x2
Black & White Sawsbuck - Nature Power/Horn Leech x2
Black & White Deerling - Double Kick/Leech Seed x2
Black & White Maractus - Constant Rattle/Giga Drain x1
Emerging Powers Sigilyph - Reflect/Telekinesis x2
Next Destinies Gardevoir - Mind Shock x2
Next Destinies Kirlia - Smack/Psychic x2
Next Destinies Ralts - Psyshot/Smack x2
Pokemon Communication x3
Level Ball x4
Great Ball x4
Pokemon Catcher x3
Energy Retrieval x3
Professor Juniper x2
Grass Energy x9
Psyshic Energy x8
Some notes -
- I really wish I could afford (Cha-ching! Crazy expensive!) to put a Mewtwo EX in this deck, but it's most likely out of the question. Having a card that lets the opponent take two prize cards isn't exactly "playing it safe" either.
- I'm considering using Noble Victories Chandelure, Emerging Powers Scollipede, or Black & White Scollipede instead of Gardevoir.
- I'm also considering using a double colorless energy or two in place of either a basic energy or a trainer card.
- Level Ball is onboard because every pokemon in this deck save for Gardevoir has 90HP or less.
- I'm considering adding Recycle in place of some of the trainers.
Like before, any feedback is appreciated!