Thread: BW-series Grass/Psychic deck.

Default BW-series Grass/Psychic deck.

Hey again!

So, I am preparing to construct a second deck using BW-series for league-style play in 2012 and 2013, that will be improved on as new card expansions are released (I'm really liking that Dark Rush Espeon).

I really want this one to be focused on defensive tactics such as reducing damage taken by my pokemon, healing damage from my pokemon, and inflicting damage that is not affected by weakness or resistance. Basically, I want this deck to be a great example of "playing it safe".

Here's the list as it stands so far -

Noble Victories Whimsicott - Helping Hand/Cotton Guard x2
    Noble Victories Cottonee - Cotton Guard x2
    Black & White Sawsbuck - Nature Power/Horn Leech x2
    Black & White Deerling - Double Kick/Leech Seed x2
    Black & White Maractus - Constant Rattle/Giga Drain x1
    Emerging Powers Sigilyph - Reflect/Telekinesis x2
    Next Destinies Gardevoir - Mind Shock x2
    Next Destinies Kirlia - Smack/Psychic x2
    Next Destinies Ralts - Psyshot/Smack x2

Pokemon Communication x3
    Level Ball x4
    Great Ball x4
    Evoilite x2
    Pokemon Catcher x3
    Energy Retrieval x3
    Cilan x2
    Potion x3
    Professor Juniper x2

Grass Energy x9
    Psyshic Energy x8

Some notes -
    • I really wish I could afford (Cha-ching! Crazy expensive!) to put a Mewtwo EX in this deck, but it's most likely out of the question. Having a card that lets the opponent take two prize cards isn't exactly "playing it safe" either.
    • I'm considering using Noble Victories Chandelure, Emerging Powers Scollipede, or Black & White Scollipede instead of Gardevoir.
    • I'm also considering using a double colorless energy or two in place of either a basic energy or a trainer card.
    • Level Ball is onboard because every pokemon in this deck save for Gardevoir has 90HP or less.
    • I'm considering adding Recycle in place of some of the trainers.

Like before, any feedback is appreciated!
    Last edited by A.J.; 28th February 2012 at 3:55 AM.

No, I'm not giving anyone credit for my team pose because I made it myself.

defense, then you might as well put in ability samurott from B/W and NV's leavanny so you have no weakness, so you have no weakness and reduce 20 damage from each hit you take, add defender and thats 40+. Out of black and white because there is absolutely no way of creating a damage reduction deck without using hgss cards, seeker (rare candy or evolve) and switch, or shaymin, seeker and switch, first option rotates for another, second option uses the original to deal the same damage right back, that and defender. Super rod is better then energy retrieval, recycle, revive altogether, because you have the choice in what you bring back and no bs. One last idea, damigigigus cofagrigus, which deals the accumulative damage of another pokemon on you're bench to your opponent's active.

P.S. eviolite is practically useless in this deck, so as they say a good offense is a good defense so rocky helmet so they still take damage in the end and you always have the chance to reduce damage.
    The Pokemon tcg info thread//for NEW PLAYER'S!!!
    I claimed magnemite, mawaru penguindrum, and more(eventually).

So, how do you suggest that I incorporate Leavanny into the deck? To get Leavanny quickly I would want to have its line in my deck as a 2-2-2, much like I do Gardevoir's.

Would it be better to dump a three-stage Psychic all together and instead focus on mainly grass with a few Psychic-types or Colorless-types (Emerging Powers Audino maybe)?
    Last edited by A.J.; 1st March 2012 at 4:23 PM.

nope, for tech's it's much easier to do 2-1-2 or 3-1-2, as your major concern is to just put out the basic then evo it next turn asap with rare candy, because of cards like catcher you're just putting down a bench target so you want to out speed them before they have the opportunity, and putting down a stage to stage evolution just makes it a bigger target. Power slap, then you might as well put in a tech like victini, shaymin, maybe emboar, but then that also goes away from the defensive attribute that you had in mind.

Alright, thanks for your help!

Here's a revised list, and IMO it feels like it's a lot better. The card distribution hasn't changed - it's still 17 pokemon, 17 energy, and 26 T/S.

Noble Victories Whimsicott - Helping Hand/Cotton Guard x2
    Noble Victories Cottonee - Cotton Guard x2
    Black & White Sawsbuck - Nature Power/Horn Leech x2
    Black & White Deerling - Double Kick/Leech Seed x2
    Black & White Maractus - Constant Rattle/Giga Drain x1
    Noble Victories Leavanny - Leaf Tailor/Cutting Arm x2
    Emerging Powers Swadloon - Grass Cocooning/Razor Leaf x1
    Emerging Powers Sewaddle - Gnaw/Razor Leaf x2
    Emerging Powers Audino - Powerful Slap/Heal Pulse x1
    Emerging Powers Sigilyph - Reflect/Telekinesis x2

Pokemon Communication x3
    Level Ball x4
    Great Ball x4
    Rocky Helmet x2
    Pokemon Catcher x3
    Super Rod x3
    Cilan x2
    Rare Candy x3
    Professor Juniper x2

Grass Energy x13
    Psychic Energy x2
    Double Colorless Energy x2

what about dual ball for setup?

I thought about Dual Ball, but there's always the off chance that I flip two consecutive tails, which would be a waste of a card. I'd much rather have a sure-thing.

Here's the thing. You want a specific card out of you're deck, however one card only getting one card doesn't thin out the deck fast enough, getting rid of 50/50 useless cards out of you're deck to get good cards means yes you now have the chance between getting rid of one card for a chance to get rid of between 1-3 cards so you have a better drawing ratio for the rest of you're deck. what happens if you get two heads, then you've got a good setup. Dual ball is probably the best card to be put into any kind of deck, especial evolution type deck's when you need the basics to evolve next turn.

If we we're to all live on the thought of an off chance we wouldn't be able to live in this society as of current.

Okay, cool. I'll definitely consider it.

Another thing (sorry, I'm a pest) - almost every deck I see being rated in this forum has some sort of EX card. Would an EX card (in this case Shaymin) be appropriate for this deck?

It depends, EX cards are great for 2 thing's, OP and countering one another so it's your choice in weather or not you want to or don't want to use one.