Thread: Favorite Video Game Glitches

Default Favorite Video Game Glitches

*WARNING* THIS IS NOT A VIDEO GAME HACK THREAD!!! I'm not looking for stories of using cheat codes or popular exploits, like hiding your money in Skyrim for free houses or pressing a series of buttons for different weapons/characters/cars in GTA. This is purely a GLITCH story forum. *WARNING*

Ever done something in a game and though "Um, I don't think it is supposed to do that..."?

I have. A LOT.

Share some of your "I think I broke the game..." moments here!

I'll start it off. I broke the map in Skyrim. You know that weird archway a little ways behind Riften? If you run towards it, your character runs against air and it claims "You can't go that way." Yea... Mine didn't. I have a nearly hour long clip of video on my iPad of me going through completely undeveloped pieces of what I believe were Morrowind or Daggerfall. I tried to get to Elsweyr (my character's homeland) but it would've taken too long.
    Also in Skyrim, I     Spoiler:- spoils the Dark Brotherhood story line:
    I haven't been able to do it again from this day.

In Spyro: Year of the Dragon, I dove underwater at the edge of a waterfall on the edge of the map and found myself floating through the air as if I was swimming. It was awesome. I spent hours taunting enemies from the air because the game told them that they could attack me from where we were in relation to one another.
    Help my babies grow? Go ahead and click on them! It feeds them yummy views to grow big and strong!

Proud leader of the (admittedly small) Dragon Cave Club!
    I have claimed: InsanityLevel9000Shipping Wade Wilson/Deadpool (my soul mate <3) x Me, ShippingIsIllogicalShipping Mr. Spock x Me, Dragonborn, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, and your worst nightmare!

In Fallout 3: Mothership Zeta, after I've revived/rescued all the other hostages, there is a part where one of the American soldiers says something along the lines of "My head is killing me" or "I think I'm losing my mind". At that moment, the texture for his forehead disappeared revealing an obviously hollow head. I thought that was so hilarious when it happened.
    I'm typically inactive between Spring and Fall. I'll be on as often as time allows.

GoldenEye's cartridge tilt glitch.

Hilarity ensues every time it is done.

*Insert Witty Team Four Star Seizure Procedure clip here*
    MUCHA HAWLUCHA, YEAH!

Most,if not all,the glitches in Super Mario Sunshine.You can walk underwater,swim in lava,you name it.Someone needs to find out something to skip the lava boat,though.

"If you don't sharpen your blade,you lose your edge."
    I have claimed Inigo,Fire Emblem for the GBA,Open Your Heart from Sonic Aventure and Electabuzz!

Quote Originally Posted by Shinehollow View Post
    Most,if not all,the glitches in Super Mario Sunshine.You can walk underwater,swim in lava,you name it.Someone needs to find out something to skip the lava boat,though.
    Just swim past the lava boat.

These are just a visual thing, but sometimes when you beat an enemy in Fire Emblem Awakening with Chrom, his neck breaks. And sometimes, when using the Avatar, Female as a trickster (my sister saw this) their head spins around.

Then the Back in Time glitch (FiT) in LoZ: TP (Wii). I did it, then hit A+B.

Don't hit A+B.
    Last edited by Phsy-Spark; 24th November 2014 at 9:00 PM.

“My brother, whom you killed. My brother, Linus….It’s none of your business……”

I have claimed Ivan from Golden Sun, Bayleef, and Kingdom Hearts-Chain of Memories for the GBA.

I was able to see Glitch City and performed the Mew Glitch, once, outside of the obvious Missingno. glitch. But those technically don't count, right?

Well, I was playing Super Mario 64 one day about a year ago, and I was in Lethal Lava Land beating up the Bullies. I can't remember if it was before or after beating the Big Bully when Mario suddenly starting glitching, like his model was breaking up and stuff. It had been the first time I ever saw it, so I was leaning back in my chair wondering what the heck happened. He fixed himself up eventually, and even had another glitch fit shortly afterwards, but that hadn't happened again since and not because I haven't played the game in a while. The game's old, so I figured age had something to do with it, but it was still weird to watch.

Other than that, I don't believe I've ever had a game glitch happen to me. I've seen videos of video game glitches, and some of them are just as funny as they are horrifying (the Rocky game for the PS2 comes to mind), but I can't really think of any favorite ones.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

the bad piggies spring glitch. put TNT next to a long spring and the spring will go wild may destroy pig vehicles.

Super Mario 64 glitch where can shoot mario out of the cannon even with zero heath
    DK 64 Lanky Kong can get into worlds even when you don't have enough bananas to pay the toll guy in front of it.

Mew glitch
    infinite items missingno glitch

Crash Nitro Kart (PS2 version) has a few points where you can phase under the track and stay out of commission for a long while, be it until everyone else crosses the finish line or you just decide to stop holding down the acceleration... unless it happens on the overworld, where it just counts as a normal out-of-bounds. I've found three of these points so far and have been avoiding them since!

GIFSoup
    Where's the cake?!?

Once I was playing Skyrim after it got released and a dragon appeared out of nowhere and started to fly backwards, it was hilarious.

I was playing CoD Black ops for wii... Yes I know... And the mission where you're on the rooftops and the guy gets shot in the head, well before that, I was in the big fight on one of the buildings, and my Allie went to climb on a maybe 5-6 rung ladder, and he just kept going. Never got off. Climbed all the way up into the sky until I couldn't see him. And it was a mission specific ally so I had to restart

While playing Dog's life for PS2, I once got stuck inside card. I had no idea how to get out there so i just restarted the game.

Also when playing The legend of Zelda: twilight princess, I used my hawk to get beehive down, but i aimed it bit too low and hawk got stuck under the roof.
    Click my babies to help them to grow!

Pokemon SoulSilver Badge Quest
    Current hunt: Slowpoke well

I have claimed Zebstrika! Thunder zebra power!
    I have also claimed Sacred Grove theme from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess!
    In-game name:Annabel
    Friend-code: 4957-3860-9818

My dog, Meeko, attracted the unwanted attention of quite a few giants. I really didn't feel like fighting them, so I left him to so it since it was his fault anyway. He came back to me a little bit later. He was dead, however. He moved by lifting up and floating around in his default dead position. It was really funny. He stilled barked and I could still talk to him, just with him being apparently not alive anymore.
    Help my babies grow? Go ahead and click on them! It feeds them yummy views to grow big and strong!

Proud leader of the (admittedly small) Dragon Cave Club!
    I have claimed: InsanityLevel9000Shipping Wade Wilson/Deadpool (my soul mate <3) x Me, ShippingIsIllogicalShipping Mr. Spock x Me, Dragonborn, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, and your worst nightmare!

1) The Mew glitch in Pokémon Yellow
    2) The Level 100 Pokémon glitch in Pokémon Yellow
    3) The screen warp glitch in The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
    4) The Minus World glitch in Super Mario Bros.
    5) The swordless Link glitch in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Oh yes, something I forgot: The Retreat Warp glitch from the first two Golden Sun games. Wear down Issac's (GS, GS:TLA) or Felix's (GS:TLA) PP so they can't use Retreat, set Retreat to R/L, then use it (Be in a place that you can use retreat). Hit yes when it asks, and it doesn't work because you have no PP. Walk through a door/staircase and you should warp somewhere. Just don't save. It might warp you out of the games boundaries. I've been trying on a GS test file that I made, but I keep warping back to the entrance of Goma Cave, not the end. Where I want to go.

“My brother, whom you killed. My brother, Linus….It’s none of your business……”

I have claimed Ivan from Golden Sun, Bayleef, and Kingdom Hearts-Chain of Memories for the GBA.