Thread: Summer Games Done Quick 2015

Default Summer Games Done Quick 2015

For those unaware, the Games Done Quick marathons are a bi-annual speedrunning marathon put on to raise money for charities. For a week they stream non-stop speedruns of all kinds of different games, I've been watching these for a while and figured some of you other folks might get some enjoyment out of it.

Summer Games Done Quick just started today, you can check it out at either https://gamesdonequick.com/ or http://www.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick

Schedule is at https://gamesdonequick.com/schedule

Feel free to discuss anything about the marathon here.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Why have we not done threads for this before

Anyway yes, Big the Cat was a good speedrun. Nice and quick 7 minutes is way faster than the hours it would take me to beat just one stage. Don't think I'm interested any runs until maybe Super Monkey Ball tomorrow, though Tetris is also insane. Twilight Princess also looks like a fun watch but the MegaMan X block and MegaMan Classic block are what I'll be waiting for. And then KIRBY TILT AND TUMBLE. So many other cool ones later in the week though I'll be missing the end of it unless I want to watch Wind Waker at 1 AM so no Link to the Past, SM64 race or Chrono Trigger for me.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Bagon // Platinum Nuzlocke

Tetris is a good one to bring up, because you have not seen Tetris until you have seen some of the best Tetris players in the world playing the Grand Master games. It is absolutely mind-boggling.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Psynergy View Post
    Why have we not done threads for this before
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...cer&highlight=

We usually put them in the Misc section.

I'll be watching again. Watching these guy destroy my childhood games never gets old. Some of the PS1/N64 runs are simply insane. I remeber that one time the guy beat punch out blindfolded

Not even an uncommon occurrence. There's a donation incentive for a blindfolded Pokemon Blue run this marathon, I believe.

My favorite blindfold run would probably have to be Gimpyfish doing an assisted run of Super Mario 64. That final Bowser battle was just a lot of fun to watch. Don't think it was done for GDQ though.

Looks like Thursday and Friday are kinda stacked. Ocarina of Time, SM64 and Doom all start at roughly the same time. Might actually tune in to one of those.

I usually tune in during the few hours I'm home from work and every time there's been nothing on that I'm interested in watching. Bad luck I guess.

The Mega Man X series runs were great! Tomorrow's lineup is looking awesome as well. I'm especially looking forward to Earthbound.

Edit: Halo 3 legendary just ended and I am in awe at what I just witnessed.
    Last edited by TheEliteEmpoleon; Today at 4:29 AM.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Recent Shiny:

Current Hunt: Regigigas