Page 2 of 66 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Tales of... Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    JUDGEMENT!.

Tear has the best Judgement. =D

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyx View Post
    TotA was the first time I ever touched the series when I got it for 3DS the other week and it's easily one of the best RPGs I've ever played.

I definitely need to get in to this series now, but because of the systems I have my only options are Symphonia and Vesperia.
    Solid choices. Abyss, Symphonia, and Vesperia are my top 3 Tales games, though I haven't played Innocence, Graces, or Xillia (all of them are apparently really good games too).

Quote Originally Posted by jb08045 View Post
    Or is it Raine? I don't know. Favourite Tales characters? I already said mine earlier.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

I guess my favourite Tales character is Suzu, she easily the most mature character in the series. Oh the irony.

Zelos betraying you is not the canonical path. The anime changes way too many things it makes it feel like an alternate interpretation. So yes, Zelos sticks with you.

Also, my TotA party rotates frequently, but I like Guy, Anise, Jade, and Tear.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyx View Post
    TotA was the first time I ever touched the series when I got it for 3DS the other week and it's easily one of the best RPGs I've ever played.

I definitely need to get in to this series now, but because of the systems I have my only options are Symphonia and Vesperia.
    I can vouch for Symphonia, and based on everything I've heard Vesperia is really good too. I'll be buying a 360 just for Vesperia eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by jb08045 View Post
    Tear can use Judgement...?

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    Solid choices. Abyss, Symphonia, and Vesperia are my top 3 Tales games, though I haven't played Innocence, Graces, or Xillia (all of them are apparently really good games too).
    You'll have a chance to play Graces soon enough, and hopefully Xillia as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Or is it Raine? I don't know. Favourite Tales characters? I already said mine earlier.
    Raine can't use Judgement.

I couldn't pick a single favourite character. Basically the entire cast of Symphonia, but Regal most of all, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by wiiboychris View Post
    Zelos betraying you is not the canonical path. The anime changes way too many things it makes it feel like an alternate interpretation. So yes, Zelos sticks with you.

Also, my TotA party rotates frequently, but I like Guy, Anise, Jade, and Tear.
    It really doesn't change that many things, it goes quickly and skips or blends a lot, as it needs to, but it's pretty accurate. They chose Zelos as the betrayer, that means something. It's not like they made up some random character for it, they followed the game there.
    Last edited by Hydrohs; 29th February 2012 at 2:01 AM.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Sorry, but you've been spoiled on that. However, hers will become completely forgotten since, as it turns out, you get that at the end of a sidequest that occurs when you get you get to her home for the first time and the ends near the end of the game. That much I can say.

Sorry, but you've been spoiled on that. However, hers will become completely forgotten since, as it turns out, you get that at the end of a sidequest that occurs when you get you get to her home for the first time and the ends near the end of the game. That much I can say.
    Being spoiled on a move like that isn't such a big deal. Major plot spoilers is what I try to avoid.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Liar!
    I'm not listening~

Anywho, I really need to spend more time playing ToTA and stop watching shows that are somehow taking up more of my time.

Of course, it doesn't help I don't get home till 6.
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

Yeah, though it's still not anything compared to Estelle's Holy Rain in Vesperia.

That move is godly.

Has anyone seen the controversial-yet-mysterious scene that plays in Keterburg? I'm not saying WHAT scene, but you'll be really amused (or freaked out) when you see it for the first time.

Jesus Christ^

After getting to 85 hours on the game I need to go get the rest of the Elusive titles for this playthrough ( cant get the cooking ones yet) Still so rife with so many side quests left to do...and gald grinding >_< I put it on hard mode to get beserker, so I've been in Mt Roneal Nam Cobanada and Cheagle Woods for that (grade collecting
    and gald grinding)

40 more hours of that and I should be able to buy the dragon killer >_> Ill sell it on my second playthrough at (during war since you get fillthy stinking rich especially if you wear that Kitty Cat costume Anise has) chessedonia or at Grand Chokmah.

I really like Jade( I thought he was going to be persnickety boy was I wrong worng XD, Luke is alright too

On that note I have to say I liked Anise right off the bat XD.

Likewise I didnt like Natalia at all XD.

By the end though Ive come to like every character though.

For my Party I Generally Use Luke Jade Tear Anise/Guy. When I found out about stealing I put Guy in my party but the NPC sucks at using his Mystic Arte.

I went to Colosseum and I rediscovered Anise's incredible usefulness , her Mystic arte is awesome, she hits hard, very hard and she's just generally fun to play as so I switch them out often.

If your going to use anise I recommend this set up ( I need more Carmines! I dont even have any chambers on her...)
    Buttons
    Shadow Punishment
    Soaring Blast
    Cyclone Shot
    Surge Breaker(Stealing Galore)

Touch Screen
    Dragon Surge/Shadow Raid(FOF)
    Mighty Charge/Lucky
    Bloody Howling
    Miracle Hammer

She will annihilate everything ( I usually put the sephira on guy and the dice on Jade)

That said any of you know where I can find a blue dice?

I really dont mind when I get into surprise counters since every single character in this game has their usefulness. Natalia however isnt a heavy hitter like the others, her mystic arte isnt as good as the others but she still is quite competent XD Not to mention I left her in the Star of Malkuth costume XD

Oh Do you guys know where all the unlisted search points are? You need to find those to get Adventurous Princess title ( lets you find more rarities from search points)

Anyway off to play dragon buster ( SO FLIPPING DIFFICULT)
    Playing poker is fun now !

[B]
    Has anyone seen the controversial-yet-mysterious scene that plays in Keterburg? I'm not saying WHAT scene, but you'll be really amused (or freaked out) when you see it for the first time.
    Im not sure what your talking about, is it from Part 1( Before Luke Cuts his hair) Part 2( Fight Van) or Part 3(The Demon ***** murders the hell out of everyone and fight Van again)?

IF you missed some scenes and side quests I would suggest using this walkthrough their is an equipment and title list here along with all 36 search points http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/929343-t...yss/faqs/49386 and this( it doesnt have the namcobanda ones and a bunch of others but it has a fair share of them http://talesof.cyllya.com/toa/mhm/sidequest.html
    Last edited by arceus7; 29th February 2012 at 1:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by arceus7 View Post
    Touch Screen
    Dragon Surge/Shadow Raid(FOF)
    Mighty Charge/Lucky
    Bloody Howling
    Miracle Hammer
    THAT'S WHAT THOSE SQUARES ARE FOR!

Gods, I wish they'd explain some of this stuff. Took me forever to figure out how to go into Overlimit too.

[B] Im not sure what your talking about, is it fro-

IF you missed some scenes and side quests I would suggest using this walkthrough their is an equipment and title list here along with all 36 search points http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/929343-t...yss/faqs/49386 and this( it doesnt have the namcobanda ones and a bunch of others but it has a fair share of them http://talesof.cyllya.com/toa/mhm/sidequest.html
    1) Be mindful that there are new people playing the game, so don't accidentally say some heavy spoilers.

2) The scene I'm talking about is MANDATORY to see to proceed through the story.

3) In case you didn't look, I already have a complete walkthrough of the game myself. It's in my sig.

^ U haz poker rates too? Text Walkthrough or video walkthrough? Ara? You like Viewtiful Joe too? Do you still have red hot rumble?

Err... you mean the Nephry scene? Im not quite sure... I thought you might have been talking about Anise wanting to get jiggy with Karl the III

Doesnt it say you need to press left on the D Pad right next to the AD skill for over limit?
    Eh took me going on the computer to learn what to do with FSC(I used a walkthrough just to make sure I got all the items after Azeriuth so I missed quite a deal of stuff)
    Last edited by arceus7; 29th February 2012 at 4:44 PM.

So I've finally gotten to the point where Luke has his moment. It's barely been ten minutes and he's already over 9000% more likeable.

^ Hehe he's going to go slightly emo on you now. He forgo'd his arrogance and accepted his ignorance and his actions

So I've finally gotten to the point where Luke has his moment. It's barely been ten minutes and he's already over 9000% more likeable.
    Congrats. You reached the part where Luke stops being a huge *sshole.

I'll take the slightly depressed/emo Luke over the stuck-up, ignorant asslord.

I'll take the slightly depressed/emo Luke over the stuck-up, ignorant asslord.
    I'd rather neither, but such is life.

Also I have the PS2 version, not the 3DS version.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariya Shidou View Post
    I'd rather neither, but such is life.

Also I have the PS2 version, not the 3DS version.
    They should be identical. The 3DS version is pretty well just a straight port.

^ They fixed the glitches and some other issues^

Eh Luke's the best after he finally gets his crap together after the last Gate

Eh Luke's the best after he finally gets his crap together after the last Gate
    Dude! Stop saying spoilerific stuff for the Europeans.

Ill sell it on my second playthrough at (during war since you get fillthy stinking rich especially if you wear that Kitty Cat costume Anise has) chessedonia or at Grand Chokmah.

Likewise I didnt like Natalia at all XD.
    I'm pretty sure you can't carry over weapons in this one.

I Like Natalia. At first when joined the party she was a douche, but after she got saved by Tear she did massive turn around. She probably the most serious character in the story and far as doing what needs to be done is concerend.

THAT'S WHAT THOSE SQUARES ARE FOR!

Gods, I wish they'd explain some of this stuff. Took me forever to figure out how to go into Overlimit too.
    Jade taught you how to do it on your way the port lol. Lightning Tiger Blade is the best.

Page 2 of 66 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast