Page 34 of 66 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Thread: Tales of... Thread

Quote Originally Posted by sceptile33 View Post
    Let's place bets on which console the next mothership Tales game will be in! I think it'll be the 3DS.
    And then it'll end up as a PlayStation title with enhanced options.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

I don't see it being on 3DS. Maybe Wii U, but handheld mothership titles are rare.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I am still hoping that Namco Bandai would actually release Rebirth, Innocence R, and Hearts R stateside. Sides Xillia and Xillia 2, these are the games I really want to come over to Canada.
    Last edited by Ace Kenshader; 19th February 2013 at 3:48 AM.
    Hall of Fame Gallery (Will update this as I try to find my old cartridges -which likely need to be replayed or have to buy new ones- and finish the Gen IV and after Pokemon games)
    ---------------------------
    Blue
    Trainer name: Camvzqy (I WAS 6 BACK THEN SO I ****ED AROUND WITH THE NAME! ;-; )

Silver
    Trainer Name: Xavier

--------------------------

Any Tales games on the Wii U will just end up with a better version on the PS3/4. I really wish they didn't give on the Xbox, Vesperia was a great game. Tales should try to be across all systems since Dragon Quest favors Nintendo while Final Fantasy favors Sony.

I wouldn't mind a Tales 3DS though. We could finally get a game that pushes the limits of the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Amethyst View Post
    I am still hoping that Atlus would actually release Rebirth, Innocence R, and Hearts R stateside. Sides Xillia and Xillia 2, these are the games I really want to come over to Canada.
    Why Atlus?

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Any Tales games on the Wii U will just end up with a better version on the PS3/4. I really wish they didn't give on the Xbox, Vesperia was a great game. Tales should try to be across all systems since Dragon Quest favors Nintendo while Final Fantasy favors Sony.

I wouldn't mind a Tales 3DS though. We could finally get a game that pushes the limits of the system.
    It'd be great if they were multiplatform, but they typically release them on Nintendo's console and then give the better one to Sony. Though the more recent games have just gone straight to Sony.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    It'd be great if they were multiplatform, but they typically release them on Nintendo's console and then give the better one to Sony. Though the more recent games have just gone straight to Sony.
    Yeah, I don't see why not. Also, I don't see why future enhanced versions can't be DLC? Yeah though, the Tales studio prefers Sony's consoles, a shame for other console users.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Why Atlus?.
    Because I had a brain fart, fixed it.
    Hall of Fame Gallery (Will update this as I try to find my old cartridges -which likely need to be replayed or have to buy new ones- and finish the Gen IV and after Pokemon games)
    ---------------------------
    Blue
    Trainer name: Camvzqy (I WAS 6 BACK THEN SO I ****ED AROUND WITH THE NAME! ;-; )

Silver
    Trainer Name: Xavier

--------------------------

*coughAbysscough*
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Yeah, I don't see why not. Also, I don't see why future enhanced versions can't be DLC? Yeah though, the Tales studio prefers Sony's consoles, a shame for other console users.
    No way they'd release them as DLC, and I don't blame them. They put more work into their upgraded versions than DLC warrants.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    *coughAbysscough*
    Doesn't push the limits of the system. It still pushes the limits of the PS2. Which is weaker than the 3DS but for some reason the same issues come through.

No way they'd release them as DLC, and I don't blame them. They put more work into their upgraded versions than DLC warrants.
    Really, it doesn't seem like it. Maybe at a high price, say $20?

Really, it doesn't seem like it. Maybe at a high price, say $20?
    They're completely porting a game and adding new content though. If this was a re-release on the same console with just the new content, then sure, DLC would make sense. But where they're remaking, it's basically a new game.

They're completely porting a game and adding new content though. If this was a re-release on the same console with just the new content, then sure, DLC would make sense. But where they're remaking, it's basically a new game.
    I totally understand that, I meant if the games went multiplatform and to a lesser extent, if they ever they changed their ways and didn't port the title.

I totally understand that, I meant if the games went multiplatform and to a lesser extent, if they ever they changed their ways and didn't port the title.
    Oh, yeah. Although I think if they went multiplatform or stopped porting we wouldn't see improved versions.

I don't see it being on 3DS. Maybe Wii U, but handheld mothership titles are rare.
    Already happened recently with Innocence and Hearts on DS and Vita, so I can definitely see it happening on 3DS. I feel that with the start of the new generation, whatever Tales game happens will have lower sales on the new consoles with low install bases, whether it be Wii U or PS4. 3DS is selling like crazy in Japan, and it already has many RPG's. Plus, Tales of the Abyss sold better than expected in the West, so there's no reason a new title won't sell well there.

Quote Originally Posted by sceptile33 View Post
    Already happened recently with Innocence and Hearts on DS and Vita, so I can definitely see it happening on 3DS. I feel that with the start of the new generation, whatever Tales game happens will have lower sales on the new consoles with low install bases, whether it be Wii U or PS4. 3DS is selling like crazy in Japan, and it already has many RPG's. Plus, Tales of the Abyss sold better than expected in the West, so there's no reason a new title won't sell well there.
    Innocence and Hearts were released on DS six and five years ago, respectively. And they're the only anomalies. Every other game is console. It could certainly happen again, but I'd never count on it.

I only see ports coming to the 3DS in the future. Mainly one of Symphonia, Eternia and Phantasia for the 47th time.

Actually, the next Phantasia remake should be fully in 3D. Eternia is most likely next for a remake though. Would be cool to have Radiant Mythology 4 on the 3DS if it ever came out.

I only see ports coming to the 3DS in the future. Mainly one of Symphonia, Eternia and Phantasia for the 47th time.

Actually, the next Phantasia remake should be fully in 3D. Eternia is most likely next for a remake though. Would be cool to have Radiant Mythology 4 on the 3DS if it ever came out.
    Why Eternia? I think the PSP one is fine. I'd love a Symphonia remake, though not necessarily on a handheld.

It's not bad but it is the most dated now. Phantasia and Destiny both got remakes, which leaves Eternia as the sole PS1 titles that didn't. Destiny 2 looks a little dated but it had updated artwork for the PSP version so it looks cleaner. It just makes sense from a game perspective.

It's not bad but it is the most dated now. Phantasia and Destiny both got remakes, which leaves Eternia as the sole PS1 titles that didn't. Destiny 2 looks a little dated but it had updated artwork for the PSP version so it looks cleaner. It just makes sense from a game perspective.
    Phantasia and Eternia were remade at the same time, though. Destiny just got a remake a couple years ago, though was never released outside Japan. Destiny 2 has never been released outside Japan.

Yeah but Eternia wasn't a remake. It was pretty much a straight port to the PSP. Compare Phantasia X and even Destiny 2 and you'll see how outdated Eternia looks.

Oh, yeah. Although I think if they went multiplatform or stopped porting we wouldn't see improved versions.
    I could see them through paid updates. Still, I don't see any of this happening anytime soon.

Remakes? Don't know, everything looks fine and doesn't seem to need a remake or port. Though I would like to see a Symphonia remake for the 3DS using the PS2 version (keeping the original English track and just subtitle the other material), adding free run, and an update to the graphics with cel shaded graphics and no chibi looking models. Download multiplayer possibly (though I don't think this would ever happen). I still doubt such would happen but you can dream.

So guys, I know how the monster system in Dawn of a New World could work. You know how Nintendo and Namco Bandai have been buddying up lately? Wait for it...

Yeah, I was being sarcastic.
    Last edited by ParaChomp; 22nd February 2013 at 1:36 AM. Reason: dumb daydreaming

Here's some English gameplay of Xillia - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JauPflRo8pE

Sounds good except for Milla's voice.

Here's some English gameplay of Xillia - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JauPflRo8pE

Sounds good except for Milla's voice.
    Holy, she sounds a tad emotionless. It didn't fit her small anime, in-battle cut in.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

Are they including Japanese audio in it at all?

Are they including Japanese audio in it at all?
    Nope, according to this.

This is an excerpt of an email from the customer support team at Namco Bandai Games EUROPE.

http://www.fr.namcobandaigames.eu/co...ublages/page/7

"Hello!

In order to answer any possible questions about the dubbing of the Tales of Xillia game, which will be available on Playstation 3 in 2013, please look below to find any answers to those questions.

There the Japanese dubbing in Tales of Xillia?
    Tales of Xillia includes the English dub, but not Japanese track. We offer our apology to the fans who were waiting for this feature, but we have been forced to make this difficult choice in order to devote our resources to critical issues which directly impact the development of the entire series Tales of the EMEA territories."

The letter goes on to say their efforts are on quickening future localizations, offering more titles to overseas fans, and preparing special editions of localized games. They do, however, say that they will try to incorporate the feature into future Tales games if they have enough resources.

Page 34 of 66 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast