Page 35 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Thread: Tales of... Thread

Wow, people at RPGfan think her voice is actually sexy.

Eh, her voice isn't terrible. I've heard worse.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Yeah, I've heard worse too. It probably will grow on eventually. At least it's not as bad as the Phantasia dubbing, or Anise.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Wow, people at RPGfan think her voice is actually sexy.
    Well that's because people get turned on by emotionless dolls that they can get a hard-on (THIS was in the Wii U's dictionary?) to because they won't feel guilty when she's not liking what's going on in bed.

Picked up Graces, haven't touched it mostly due to being absorbed by Fire Emblem and Pokémon. On top of that, my father and brother are hogging it with their racing games. Too boot, I'm still iffy about how the battle system is. Should I preorder Xallia and return Graces to get my money back?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

I don't even know if I mentioned it but I picked up Graces back in December and have already put 200+ hours in. The battle alone is reason enough to play the game. It's kinda like pokemon. It doesn't appear deep at first, but once you start to understand the mechanics, it'll pay off nicely. CC management, title completion, side stepping, and hitting weakness are the key to surviving any difficultly higher than Hard. Graces also has more content. Get both tbh, more sales of Xillia put us closer to Hearts R and Xillia 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    I don't even know if I mentioned it but I picked up Graces back in December and have already put 200+ hours in. The battle alone is reason enough to play the game. It's kinda like pokemon. It doesn't appear deep at first, but once you start to understand the mechanics, it'll pay off nicely. CC management, title completion, side stepping, and hitting weakness are the key to surviving any difficultly higher than Hard. Graces also has more content. Get both tbh, more sales of Xillia put us closer to Hearts R and Xillia 2.
    Okay, I'll keep it and try to sneak some hours in.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Would you guys recommend this game? I haven't played any games in the Tales series before and was thinking of starting out with this one, due to not having played a great console JRPG in a while.

I have played Star Ocean: The Last Hope and heard that they have similar battle systems (one of the few features in that game I thought was excellent), but I didn't like any of the characters in SO4 and found the story to be meh.

Does this game have a better story and characters in your opinions?

Edit: I meant Xillia
    Last edited by Shadowcloud92; 12th March 2013 at 5:38 AM.

The battle system from Graces is really great, it does take getting used to but it's so cool once you do. It's hard to play other Tales games now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcloud92 View Post
    Would you guys recommend this game? I haven't played any games in the Tales series before and was thinking of starting out with this one, due to not having played a great console JRPG in a while.

I have played Star Ocean: The Last Hope and heard that they have similar battle systems (one of the few features in that game I thought was excellent), but I didn't like any of the characters in SO4 and found the story to be meh.

Does this game have a better story and characters in your opinions?
    What is this game? This is the Tales thread, you're gonna have to specify which of many Tales games you're talking about.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Which game? Xillia? Graces? Because if your new, it's better better to start with older title, though you don't have too. The main draw of the Tales is the battle system and Character interaction. This also goes in hand with the huge amount of fanservice in each game, most notably, the later ones. Take Graces for example, it has a lot of reference to other Tales games, enough to take up a quite of bit hours of playtime. That being said, you probably won't care much if you never heard of the game is referencing before. The game is perfectly playable without prior knowledge of other games but you're losing a good experience. If you want my order to play some of the games in..

Start with either Phantasia(there's a Ps1 patch), Destiny or Eternia. Then try Symphonia, Abyss or Vesperia. If you want to get a feel for different things at once, you could try Radiant Mythology for the PSP if you could.

Anyway, Graces has better Characters and Battle system than SO4, The story is really cheesy but it fits. Xillia just everything else better than graces except for the battles system. It's not a step backwards, it's just difference. All the battle systems in each game is simular though.

Here's some English gameplay of Xillia - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JauPflRo8pE

Sounds good except for Milla's voice.
    The video has been removed, but I watched a little before it was removed.

The voices are.. okay.
    ~It's not always right or wrong, As long as your spirit's strong. It's not always win or lose, It's the road you choose; The answer's within.

It's not always black and white, But your heart always knows what's right.~

"We're planning on making this a Tales of filled year, says Hideo Baba"
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/...3-this-summer/

More Tales this year? Xillia 2 and Hearts R anyone?

Hey, I'll take whatever we can get.

For the love of God, please localize Vesperia PS3. There's no way I'm getting a 360 just to play that game.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

.....There is a Tales thread? Why was I not aware of this? ouo

I love Tales!! My very first (and favorite) is Abyss. I got it about.. 5-6-ish years ago for the PS2 and love it. It's actually one of the very few games I have played through and beaten multiple times.

^And I'm the same with sceptile33. I was originally going to get a 360 just so I could play Vesperia.. because it looks awesome. But I was convinced to start saving for a ps3 instead, because they have better titles overall (well, according to my interests anyway). I'm more of an RPG person, not FPS :P

And I'm a huuuuge Guy fangirl, btw. ...I claimed him in that one thread here :3
    White 2 FC: 2666-9983-9495
    DeviantArt | Tumblr | My crafting forum
    [IMG]http://i46.*******.com/14e289t.png[/IMG]
    I crochet pokemon!! I can be commissioned if you would like for me to make you a custom one. I also have some pre-mades for sale. If interested, please send me a note on DeviantArt telling me what you want.

I have a very very casual breeding shop: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

I'd love for Vesperia to get localized, but I've already got a 360 so I'll be playing it one way or another.

Is it bad that I still want Tales of Vesperia PS3?
    ~It's not always right or wrong, As long as your spirit's strong. It's not always win or lose, It's the road you choose; The answer's within.

It's not always black and white, But your heart always knows what's right.~

Quote Originally Posted by sceptile33 View Post
    For the love of God, please localize Vesperia PS3. There's no way I'm getting a 360 just to play that game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keera View Post
    .....There is a Tales thread? Why was I not aware of this? ouo

I love Tales!! My very first (and favorite) is Abyss. I got it about.. 5-6-ish years ago for the PS2 and love it. It's actually one of the very few games I have played through and beaten multiple times.

^And I'm the same with sceptile33. I was originally going to get a 360 just so I could play Vesperia.. because it looks awesome. But I was convinced to start saving for a ps3 instead, because they have better titles overall (well, according to my interests anyway). I'm more of an RPG person, not FPS :P
    I actually did this, and I must say, getting a 360 pretty much only to play Vesperia was very nearly worth it, imo. If there's even a couple other games you were considering on the Xbox, I say go for it.

That aside, though, isn't there a project some people are working on to patch the PS3 version of Vesperia into English? I forgot where I saw it, but I'm pretty convinced I wasn't hallucinating.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I'd love for Vesperia to get localized, but I've already got a 360 so I'll be playing it one way or another.
    You mean you haven't? Blasphemous. Then again, I still haven't played Abyss, so maybe I shouldn't be talking.

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyB View Post
    I actually did this, and I must say, getting a 360 pretty much only to play Vesperia was very nearly worth it, imo. If there's even a couple other games you were considering on the Xbox, I say go for it.

That aside, though, isn't there a project some people are working on to patch the PS3 version of Vesperia into English? I forgot where I saw it, but I'm pretty convinced I wasn't hallucinating.
    There is not one game on the whole 360 library that interests me besides Vesperia. I don't want to do it, especially with the possibility of the PS3 being localized now. As for the patch, I can't use it, since my PS3 is already updated, so it won't work on it.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyB View Post
    You mean you haven't? Blasphemous. Then again, I still haven't played Abyss, so maybe I shouldn't be talking.
    Hey bud, I'll get around to it eventually.

Hideo Baba: the Vita is selling too poorly in America for Tales localizations

Copypaste from the Vita board, pretty much.

Because the DS totally didn't sell well back in the day, so they had a perfectly valid reason to not localize Innocence and Hearts.

So much for Hearts R, this is really disappointing...

They should use Kickstarter. Everyone should use Kickstarter.

Hideo Baba: the Vita is selling too poorly in America for Tales localizations

Copypaste from the Vita board, pretty much.

Because the DS totally didn't sell well back in the day, so they had a perfectly valid reason to not localize Innocence and Hearts.

So much for Hearts R, this is really disappointing...
    ...And if he said that this was going to be a Tales filled year, how can you have a year like that WITHOUT Tales games?

He should just release Tales games on the 3DS. It's like, the best RPG machine.

I don't even know why they released Tales on the Vita. The 3DS outsells it by a massive number. The PS3 I can understand but the Vita.

Oh, and Xillia confirmed for August 6th...
    Last edited by Jb; 6th April 2013 at 1:28 AM.

I don't even know why they released Tales on the Vita. The 3DS outsells it by a massive number. The PS3 I can understand but the Vita.
    Because the Vita is a much nicer handheld than the 3DS.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Because the Vita is a much nicer handheld than the 3DS.
    I wonder how this keeps holding up for it.

Page 35 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast