Page 36 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Thread: Tales of... Thread

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    I wonder how this keeps holding up for it.
    Because it is, it feels nicer, it's a nicer size, has a much higher resolution and higher quality screen and games look better.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Sweet, now I don't have to worry about getting a Vita anytime soon.

Does anyone know how I can play Innocence in English on a DS?
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

Quote Originally Posted by sceptile33 View Post
    Sweet, now I don't have to worry about getting a Vita anytime soon.

Does anyone know how I can play Innocence in English on a DS?
    Not sure but Tempest has a patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Because the Vita is a much nicer handheld than the 3DS.
    Nicer designed? Maybe. Nicer in capabilities? Sure. Everywhere else? God no. The Vita is one of the most consumer/user unfriendly handhelds out there.

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Nicer designed? Maybe. Nicer in capabilities? Sure. Everywhere else? God no. The Vita is one of the most consumer/user unfriendly handhelds out there.
    Really? In what way? I much prefer using my Vita to the 3DS, it's just that the Vita basically has no games.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

The Vita only really beats the 3DS in hardware alone. But the sales and userbase don't lie. It's a bad business decision to choose Sony over Nintendo when it comes to handheld Tales games. Hearts R didn't even sell good over there really. I knew deep down there was no way we were getting it. The Aug 6th Xillia date is disappointing too. They said they had the voice acting and such already translated months ago, it should take this long. Abyss came out here only about nine months after it's release in Japan. Vesperia, an even bigger game came out like 3 weeks later...

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    The Vita only really beats the 3DS in hardware alone. But the sales and userbase don't lie.
    Yeah, it has no games, for sure. But it is a better handheld. Nicer to hold, nicer buttons, better button layout, way nicer screens and of course better hardware. If more developers bothered with it it'd be great, but it's stuck in a never-ending cycle. No one buys it because there are no games for it, and no developers will develop for it because no one has it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Really? In what way? I much prefer using my Vita to the 3DS, it's just that the Vita basically has no games.
    One thing that Nintendo's done right from the very beginning of the Game Boy was make their handhelds ready to play out of the box. Nothing extra aside from a game. Sony has yet to get this right. The PSP required a memory card to save any progress in games and that continues with the Vita. The 3DS uses an SD card to save certain digital stuff, however, you're given an SD card out of the box. The Vita? You better hope you have enough money to get a DECENT memory card, as the Vita takes up memory space to install physically purchased games (which is mandatory and still requires the game card) and digital PSP/Vita games have been becoming bigger in size, going from 1GB to upward. 4GB will get you no where, which is generally packed into bundled sets.

Want to use a Japanese PSN account alongside your North American one? You're gonna need two cards for that. You're also going to need to reformat your Vita EVERY SINGLE TIME you switch memory cards with different accounts on them. Want to download some PSOne games? You better have a PS3, because a good number of said games CAN'T be downloaded via the Vita, even if you've got said games in your Download History, and need to be transferred over via the PS3 to Vita connectivity. That also goes without mentioning how expensive the handheld is, along with the cost of the memory card and then the games costing up to $40 (for standard edition releases, anyway).

Don't get me wrong. I love my Vita. But the thing is not exactly the best when it comes to being accessible to a wide audience. That's also why a good number of publishers were still releasing games on the PSP before the Japanese price drop.

anyway i been on hiatus (i think that how it spell) for a while

Do you think we get a tales of tempest R?

yeah i think we do but there only one thing would they do it, they gave hints of it but judging by it poor sale (even though i love tempest) it look unlikly.

What your least fave boss fight

any tales of graces boss that can do a special. coughcameofightcough just so many cheap death cause of it.

and in abyss final boss cause in the 3ds version there a glitch i use mystical art and van goes into over limit (it can happen in other fight but it more common here.) right when i do it which someone stop the attack and stop van AI from working. good thing from this glitch they do nothing much guard from time to time. bad thing HE CAN'T DIE. he just have 1 HP dont ask why but this has cause me many annoying resets.

so what your and also owner of the 3ds version of abyss has this happen to you?
    credit to GrovyleCelebi for the banner, come and join us.

I offically claim Cheekyshipping/ Max/Masato x Mira/Miru

Don't get me wrong. I love my Vita. But the thing is not exactly the best when it comes to being accessible to a wide audience. That's also why a good number of publishers were still releasing games on the PSP before the Japanese price drop.
    You're absolutely right, that's one thing Sony is really good at. Making something great and then completely ruining it with poor execution. But at the same time, the PSP started off on pretty well the same foot. UMDs are a failure, and they were still forcing you to use MS Pro Duo cards, which even Sony have given up on at this point. On the subject of Japanese PSN accounts, it may not be easy, but at least it's not region locked. In order to play any other region game with a 3DS you have to buy another system.

Quote Originally Posted by darklord18 View Post
    anyway i been on hiatus (i think that how it spell) for a while

Do you think we get a tales of tempest R?
    Nope, judging from past R releases, Tempest would be on the Vita. They don't want to release Vita games here because the system isn't selling well enough.

Why not just make Tempest R for 3DS then? I'm pretty sure Hearts R didn't sell as well as they were hoping, so they don't really have a good reason to make it for Vita.

Quote Originally Posted by sceptile33 View Post
    Why not just make Tempest R for 3DS then? I'm pretty sure Hearts R didn't sell as well as they were hoping, so they don't really have a good reason to make it for Vita.
    You know upper management.

They probably don't have the time or money to start porting a remake.

Tales of Xillia is coming out on the 6th of August in America and 9th of August in Europe and Australiasia! And check out the trailer! REJOICE!
    Good to see the EU release close the US.

Looks like North America and Europe are getting a Limited Edition release. Includes a music CD, an artbook, a collector's case and a Milla figure.

Looks like North America and Europe are getting a Limited Edition release. Includes a music CD, an artbook, a collector's case and a Milla figure.
    So happy to hear about this. Is the CD is comes with the actual soundtrack though, or is it just a selection?

Acording to the facebook page...

"Collector’s edition offers a limited edition Milla Maxwell figure, an collective art book, and a special music selection CD."

I we never got CE in the states so I'm not sure what a special music selection is really. I guess some battle themes and town/ opening theme. Oh, they're keep Progress as the opening theme too.

Acording to the facebook page...

"Collector’s edition offers a limited edition Milla Maxwell figure, an collective art book, and a special music selection CD."

I we never got CE in the states so I'm not sure what a special music selection is really. I guess some battle themes and town/ opening theme. Oh, they're keep Progress as the opening theme too.
    Selections vary, but are usually some important tracks. Looks like I'll still be importing the soundtrack, though.

But, ouch, it's a hundred bucks...

Oh, they're keep Progress as the opening theme too.
    As in the Japanese version or just the song itself? Cause they've been keeping the openings intact since Abyss, with the only differences being Abyss using the instrumental version and Vesperia and Graces using the English versions of the songs.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    But, ouch, it's a hundred bucks...
    For what it brings, it's worth it. Still cheaper than most other LE/CE releases out there.

Oh, wow. The game + ar tbook + CD + MILLA FIGURE? There's a lot of great stuff here.

But I'm sooo split. I mean, $100 for all of that stuff doesn't sound too bad, but I'm not sure if I'd actually give enough attention to the stuff--besides the game, of course--to make the money worth it.
    ...still, though, having that figure would be great. ;_;

@Chris: I'm *pretty* sure the opening theme will be in the original Japanese. I mean, I think they even showed the Japanese opening at a con about a week ago. It wouldn't make much sense to me NOT to actually have it in the game.
    Last edited by spiderbrush; 12th April 2013 at 7:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spiderbrush View Post
    @Chris: I'm *pretty* sure the opening theme will be in the original Japanese. I mean, I think they even showed the Japanese opening at a con about a week ago. It wouldn't make much sense to me NOT to actually have it in the game.
    Well they used to do it all the time, didn't make sense then, either.

As in the Japanese version or just the song itself? Cause they've been keeping the openings intact since Abyss, with the only differences being Abyss using the instrumental version and Vesperia and Graces using the English versions of the songs.
    Yeah, the Japanese version. I don't even think there's an English version.

Eh, it's cool that they're doing that, but I can't see myself paying $100 for all that. It would be a great way to support NB if you have the money to spare, though.

Page 36 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast