Page 37 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Thread: Tales of... Thread

Certainly better than some of NISA's Collector's Editions, which bring some of the most useless stuff, like a tin lunchbox, a hand towel and a...sponge shaped like a character. o_O

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Certainly better than some of NISA's Collector's Editions, which bring some of the most useless stuff, like a tin lunchbox, a hand towel and a...sponge shaped like a character. o_O
    NIS is very special...

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    What this link means is that Baba comments about Symphonia's success in a Nintendo platform, but he feels that the main Tales base is in PlayStation. And from the looks of it, there's just a small chance for them to make a Tales game for the Wii U once it picks up.

They should totally avoid the Wii U for now, though. But then they should focus on the 3DS. It's like an RPG heaven there.
    Last edited by AuraChannelerChris; 13th April 2013 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    What this link means is that Baba comments about Symphonia's success in a Nintendo platform, but he feels that the main Tales base is in PlayStation. And from the looks of it, there's just a small chance for them to make a Tales game for the Wii U once it picks up.

They should totally avoid the Wii U for now, though. But then they should focus on the 3DS. It's like an RPG heaven there.
    I'd rather they be on consoles, I find they're much better suited to it.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post

They'll probably make the next game for 3DS/PS3, and once the PS3 dies, they'll focus on 3DS/Wii U. Unless PS4 is a huge hit in Japan for some reason, they don't have a reason to make it for that console.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

Quote Originally Posted by sceptile33 View Post
    They'll probably make the next game for 3DS/PS3, and once the PS3 dies, they'll focus on 3DS/Wii U. Unless PS4 is a huge hit in Japan for some reason, they don't have a reason to make it for that console.
    Well we don't know big the PS4 will be, but the Playstation brand has always done good in Japan for the most part. I heard the Wii U isn't doing to great so I don't think they should release a title for it yet if that's true.
    ~It's not always right or wrong, As long as your spirit's strong. It's not always win or lose, It's the road you choose; The answer's within.

It's not always black and white, But your heart always knows what's right.~

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Power View Post
    Well we don't know big the PS4 will be, but the Playstation brand has always done good in Japan for the most part. I heard the Wii U isn't doing to great so I don't think they should release a title for it yet if that's true.
    I don't see the Playstation Vita exactly helping the Tales series. They're committed to PS3 right now, and it took quite a while for PS3 to get its first Tales game (3 years), and the first original game (Xillia) took 5 years. Wii U has a year's headstart on PS4, and unless the Wii U is a massive failure, there's no reason it won't get a game once they're done with the PS3.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

I think the Wii U isn't doing so hot right now because the library isn't so good. As more games get released sales will pick up. By the time the Tales team is ready to move on from the PS3 it'll probably be doing much better.

So Xillia will be released on August 6 i so cant wait!

So apparently the collector editions are all sold out.

They're sold out at GameStop, both in-store and online. You can still pre-order it (for now) at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CEJ28JQ/

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    So apparently the collector editions are all sold out.
    Looks like stores around my area finally have it up for pre-order. I'll have to do that tomorrow.

I plan to get my first Tales game (ToS: Dawn of a New World), any pointers since this will be my first until I get Graces/Xillia in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    I plan to get my first Tales game (ToS: Dawn of a New World), any pointers since this will be my first until I get Graces/Xillia in the summer.
    It's a good first choice, since it's more or less agreed to be a mediocre tales game, a great game by its own right, but since it set itself up as a sequel to one of the best Tales games it just didn't feel right.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    It's a good first choice, since it's more or less agreed to be a mediocre tales game, a great game by its own right, but since it set itself up as a sequel to one of the best Tales games it just didn't feel right.
    It's the only Tales games on a system I can buy because I can't use all my 75$ dollars to buy a controller and Graces (because I have to listen to the hyercritic that is my older sister). I wanted the first one, but I need another Gamecube Memory card. I am not regetting buying Brawl in 2011... mostly. I own a DS and a PSP, but what Tales games came to those (US)?

But the collection is the first thing I'll preorder with my first check this summer (Xillia). It will be the first CE I've gotten.

You can get Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology for the PSP. But it's a game with a bunch a references to other characters/stories and such so you might not have good time playing as someone that knows a little more about the series. If you ever upgrade to a 3DS. it has Tales of the Abyss. Also Graces is on the PSN now. But if you go to Gamestop, you can find a used one for like $35. A used PS# controller is like $10. Shouldn't run to too much.

Good thing about ToS: Dawn of a New World is that you really can't get any worse unless you import. That said, there's a translation patched done to Tales of the Tempest for the DS if you want to import the game. If you have a older PS3 that backwards comapptible, you can get Tales of Destiny, Tales of Eternia(Destiny2 in the US), Tales of Legendia and Tales of the Abyss.
    Last edited by Jb; 24th April 2013 at 6:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    You can get Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology for the PSP. But it's a game with a bunch a references to other characters/stories and such so you might not have good time playing as someone that knows a little more about the series. If you ever upgrade to a 3DS. it has Tales of the Abyss. Also Graces is on the PSN now. But if you go to Gamestop, you can find a used one for like $35. A used PS# controller is like $10. Shouldn't run to too much.

Good thing about ToS: Dawn of a New World is that you really can't get any worse unless you import. That said, there's a translation patched done to Tales of the Tempest for the DS if you want to import the game. If you have a older PS3 that backwards comapptible, you can get Tales of Destiny, Tales of Eternia(Destiny2 in the US), Tales of Legendia and Tales of the Abyss.
    I reseach like crazy, do I can learn everything I need to before playing Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology. I know enough and I been trying to follow US releases. a 3DS is on my list for my second check, so Abyss 3DS. I'll look into that and kill my brothe in law when I told him I can get a cheap PS3 controller. I have a new model, but will get a PS2 (have more PS2 games than PS3 anyway), so will add those to my libary.

I haven't got plans to import any games yet.
    Last edited by Hero of Ideals; 24th April 2013 at 6:54 PM.

Looks like stores around my area finally have it up for pre-order. I'll have to do that tomorrow.
    hah wow barely can preorder it? i was able to do that like 3 months ago >.<

I reseach like crazy, do I can learn everything I need to before playing Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology. I know enough and I been trying to follow US releases. a 3DS is on my list for my second check, so Abyss 3DS. I'll look into that and kill my brothe in law when I told him I can get a cheap PS3 controller. I have a new model, but will get a PS2 (have more PS2 games than PS3 anyway), so will add those to my libary.

I haven't got plans to import any games yet.
    if u can do get Tales of abyss it is still one of my favorite tales of games story wise.. the main character sucks to me atleast... my favorite tales of main character will always be Yuri Lowell till i find someone way better
    also it would be smart to play a game before graces.. cause the combat system in graces is different then all other tales of games... and if u play that one first u may have a hard time switching ur battle style

edit: im pretty excited to see that Flynn's Voice actor also plays Jude
    Last edited by wingzx; 24th April 2013 at 7:17 PM.

It's the only Tales games on a system I can buy because I can't use all my 75$ dollars to buy a controller and Graces (because I have to listen to the hyercritic that is my older sister). I wanted the first one, but I need another Gamecube Memory card. I am not regetting buying Brawl in 2011... mostly. I own a DS and a PSP, but what Tales games came to those (US)?

But the collection is the first thing I'll preorder with my first check this summer (Xillia). It will be the first CE I've gotten.
    It's definitely a good choice to start out with it, you'll only be impressed as you keep playing other games.

Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    hah wow barely can preorder it? i was able to do that like 3 months ago >.<
    I'm talking about the Collector's Edition, which was only announced a couple weeks back.

I'm talking about the Collector's Edition, which was only announced a couple weeks back.
    oooo :P haha i want to preorder it but idk if im going to.. i think ima just stick with the normal game with no super special awesome stuff wtih it D:

So went to Gamestop, traded in 7? games, got 70 dollars. Wanted to put a preorder on the Collector's Edition there, they said I couldn't

So, I went to the website when I got home and preordered the Collector's Edition there

Wonder why the website isn't sold out.
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Darkness View Post
    So went to Gamestop, traded in 7? games, got 70 dollars. Wanted to put a preorder on the Collector's Edition there, they said I couldn't

So, I went to the website when I got home and preordered the Collector's Edition there

Wonder why the website isn't sold out.
    Pretty sure GameStop is only selling it online.

Pretty sure GameStop is only selling it online.
    Either way, I'm glad I got it. Bad idea to wait a month, anyway
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

Got Dawn of the Bew World and I am enjoying it, had my many unprepared deaths, but both me and my brother in law are at chapters 3 and 5 respectably.

Page 37 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast