I've played Tales of Symphonia: DotNW and I don't understand all of the hate it's getting. I thought the game itself was fun and fine. It was different from the other RPGs I've played, but a good different.
Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:
1) The game is short.
2) 3 out of the original 9 main VAs came back.
3) Monster system was pretty boring overall (unlike FF XIII-2, which pulled it off really well).
4) There was absolutely NO reason to put a horrendous level 50 cap to the previous main cast at the final part of the game, which FORCED you to rely on Emil, Marta, and the monsters when you played on harder difficulties.
5) As was locking the main cast's equipment.
6) The guild with sidequests is just too damn repetitive.
7) And besides the guild, sidequests in this game are pretty rare.
8) Many complained normal Emil is a ninny (not me).
The only saving grace it had was fully-voiced skits. Oh, and some remixed tracks.
9) A skit viewer was completely neglected (for Japanese and Americans).
1) Eh, not really a problem. The game is about 15hrs long. I beat vesperia in 10hr.
2) Not a problem if you haven't played the first.
3) FF IIIX-2's monster system was horrible.
4) and 5) I agree.
6, 7, and 8 don't really bring the game down. Emil's is no more annoying than Luke(Well maybe a little lol).
9) I guess, some were pretty damn funny. Not really a problem though.
People tend to forget that Emil is pretty decent Tales fighter. Great skill list and can combo in the air. I think the only other person in the series that does it better is Judith from Vesperia. All that makes him a pretty badass character in the spin-off games(also the fact that he's in Ratatosk(sp?) mode).
They also put Richter in Tales of VS., which I amuse is a pretty shallow fighter.
Last edited by ParaChomp; 3rd March 2012 at 6:41 AM.
I loved it. The monsters were much more useful than in DotNW, easier to obtain, easier to level and control, they had abilities and could be merged. It was a much more fleshed out system.3) FF IIIX-2's monster system was horrible.
I hate Pow Hammer.
^ No way in hell are you at the halfway point, you got a lot to do son.This game is rife with sidequests too.They have cutoff points...
I have a seriously uncontrolable itch to play vesperia. They need to port the completed version on more than the PS3. Don't think its gonna happen before a next gen console. Don't think the handhelds out can support ot either.
^ They would have to put it on a different kind of cartridge disk...
F? Whats with the F?
.... Is that going on the Wii? In the U.S I mean