Page 41 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1662

Thread: Tales of... Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Most people wouldn't react in such a pitiful manner.
    Ok rant time I just I need to post in here ok D8

You mean the Azkeriuth event? I personally disagree. The dude destroyed a whole town for god's sakes, watched the person he trusted the most in his life betray him and stab him in the back metaphorically speaking, the fact his own purpose in life is to die to set the Score off track, AND everyone in the group except Ion and later Guy pretty much hate him for a while because of his blind faith in his master. On top of the replica inferior complex and the fact Asch hates him and belittles him almost every chance he gets. (Granted, I like Asch a lot more then I do Luke. But Luke is still a good character). I think he had a lot of reasons to act the way he did. I think Luke's a great character in his own right. By the end of the game I liked the guy (I'll let you figure out if that's a pun or not) quite a bit. He's hardly my favorite Tales character (That title will belong to Yuri and Anise till I find characters in the series I like a lot more) but I don't think he deserves near as much flack as the dood gets. No offense intended, I hope I didn't offend anyone with my opinion. ^_^;
    MMing: Espurr, 90 eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Good. You can never understand the mindset of a woman.

and the luke arguements have started!

Quote Originally Posted by sceptile33 View Post
    Okay I'm going to have to go spoilers here.

Spoiler:- Luke:
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Raspberyl View Post
    Ok rant time I just I need to post in here ok D8

You mean the Azkeriuth event? I personally disagree. The dude destroyed a whole town for god's sakes, watched the person he trusted the most in his life betray him and stab him in the back metaphorically speaking, the fact his own purpose in life is to die to set the Score off track, AND everyone in the group except Ion and later Guy pretty much hate him for a while because of his blind faith in his master. On top of the replica inferior complex and the fact Asch hates him and belittles him almost every chance he gets. (Granted, I like Asch a lot more then I do Luke. But Luke is still a good character). I think he had a lot of reasons to act the way he did. I think Luke's a great character in his own right. By the end of the game I liked the guy (I'll let you figure out if that's a pun or not) quite a bit. He's hardly my favorite Tales character (That title will belong to Yuri and Anise till I find characters in the series I like a lot more) but I don't think he deserves near as much flack as the dood gets. No offense intended, I hope I didn't offend anyone with my opinion. ^_^;
    Initially, yes, I fully expect someone to be bummed out for what they'd done. But it continued for so long, long after everyone had forgiven him. He just wallowed in his own depression and took forever to realize what's done is done and he has to move on and help out.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    and the luke arguements have started!
    Just voicing opinions brah. I don't mind that people hate him. I can certainly understand it, but that won't stop me from defending him.
    Last edited by sceptile33; 12th May 2013 at 4:17 AM.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

Initially, yes, I fully expect someone to be bummed out for what they'd done. But it continued for so long, long after everyone had forgiven him. He just wallowed in his own depression and took forever to realize what's done is done and he has to move on and help out.
    ^ exactly instead of crying about it he shouldve did all he could to fix it and not weep in sadness over it. crying doesnt help anything. if he did what he did at the end of the game right after the incident then he wouldve been a better character in my eyes. just him taking over 20 hours of game time crying about it just made me not like him\

Just voicing opinions brah. I don't mind that people hate him. I can certainly understand it, but that won't stop me from defending him.
    i understand and i respect ur opinion people have their favorite characters that they would defend. i have one to i would defend

@ Hydrohs

It's just hard to say, you know? After all the things that happened to him, and the things he did, there's no way you can say that he should've shrugged it off after a few days. People can get depressed for years after a bad breakup or a close family member dying, and I can certainly say what happened to Luke was worse than either of those.

Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    well i cant put any opinion on this cause its one of the tales of games i havent played. only causei ts on the wii and i usually stay away from wii games >.< but i hear its not that good of a game
    It's really not. It's pretty terrible due to a number of reasons, such as the monsters-as-characters system (Tales games are very character driven, why put use fillers in battle?), the guest character system limiting the usefulness of the original characters, generally shallow and one-dimensional villains, unlikable new characters, and the fact that it retconned a lot of the original game's story.

Okay I'm going to have to go spoilers here.

Spoiler:- Luke:
    Nah it's not post-Akzeriuth that's the worst, it's more like... post Absorption Gate. At about the 2/3-3/4 of the way through point of the game. That's the part where he becomes unnecessarily mopey and whiny despite most party members saying otherwise the entire time.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    It's really not. It's pretty terrible due to a number of reasons, such as the monsters-as-characters system (Tales games are very character driven, why put use fillers in battle?), the guest character system limiting the usefulness of the original characters, generally shallow and one-dimensional villains, unlikable new characters, and the fact that it retconned a lot of the original game's story.

Nah it's not post-Akzeriuth that's the worst, it's more like... post Absorption Gate. At about the 2/3-3/4 of the way through point of the game. That's the part where he becomes unnecessarily mopey and whiny despite most party members saying otherwise the entire time.
    ah well im glad i never played it. i kept debating on getting but i dont think im going to now

and ya exactly ^ at first i can see him being sad but not the whole game >.< like In Vesparia Yuri gets stabbed by his best friends lieutenant and when he sees her face to face he doesnt say anything about it. he solves his own problems and doesnt cry about it. i know its probably not fair to compare luke to yuri but getting sad doenst solve anything

Luke was perfect for the 2 hours after he cut his hair. Then he went back to ****.

Going to not get into the Luke debate since Asbel, Emil, Yuri, Lloyd, and Jude are the ones I know about, but even a rookie player of the series I do not think much of him to hate him. I mean, I enjoy DOTNW. and that game is hated by Symphonia purist. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    Going to not get into the Luke debate since Asbel, Emil, Yuri, Lloyd, and Jude are the ones I know about, but even a rookie player of the series I do not think much of him to hate him. I mean, I enjoy DOTNW. and that game is hated by Symphonia purist. Sorry.
    yuri is the best main character to ever be created i mean this may be just my opinion but im sure alot of people will agree

Possibility of a Symphonia/Symphonia 2 HD Remake?

The article is in Spanish, so I'll summarize:

-Remake would be for PS3
    -Hideo Baba hinted at it by saying, "It would be a representation of the dreams and hopes of the fans who have been wishing for it a long time" and perhaps soon we'll learn something about it.
    -It would be localized at least in the US.
    -Tales of Xillia 2 would be localized for sure

I don't know how reliable the site is, but there you go. This kind of changes my stance on Tales of Symphonia. I'll hold off on playing it until I learn more about this. If it's true, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
    Last edited by sceptile33; 13th May 2013 at 3:54 AM.

The story in Symphonia didn't leave much room for a next one but any Tales is a good thing.

Vesperia could easily have a equal though.

Oh, I meant Dawn of the New World when I said Symphonia 2. Sorry if I wasn't clear on that. This isn't a sequel just a remake of both games.

If Tales of Symphonia gets a remake i hope it includes all the stuff in the ps2 japanese version. i want more side quests! im still waiting for Vesperia for the ps3 even tho it may never happen! i want flynn as a main character!!

This would be a day one purchase for me for sure.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Dear Tales thread,

Unlike apparently everybody here, I have yet to play Tales of the Abyss. Keeping in mind that they can be had for roughly the same price, should I get it on the PS2 or the 3DS? I'd prefer to play it on my TV, so I guess what my question comes down to is, does the 3DS version actually have any additional content or is it technologically superior enough so that it's worth getting over the PS2 version?

Sincerely,
    GrizzlyB

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyB View Post
    Dear Tales thread,

Unlike apparently everybody here, I have yet to play Tales of the Abyss. Keeping in mind that they can be had for roughly the same price, should I get it on the PS2 or the 3DS? I'd prefer to play it on my TV, so I guess what my question comes down to is, does the 3DS version actually have any additional content or is it technologically superior enough so that it's worth getting over the PS2 version?

Sincerely,
    GrizzlyB
    It's the same game, even lags in the same places as the PS2 version. I don't think there's any extra content, but someone who has played both can better answer that.

It's pretty much the same game. 3DS one has faster load times and can be played on the go, while the PS2 version has more save slots and multiplayer functions. Edit: The PS2 version also has voice acting during the random skits. Which was something I was disappointed in about the 3DS version.
    Last edited by KillerDraco; 14th May 2013 at 12:39 AM.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Dear Tales thread,

Sincerely,
    GrizzlyB
    yep same game i say ps2 cause its better on a T.V but thats just me :P

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    . Edit: The PS2 version also has voice acting during the random skits. Which was something I was disappointed in about the 3DS version.
    wait really O.o i had no idea. that makes or breaks it for me haha i hate when there no voice acting during skits. symphonia was a good example i enjoy the skits more if i can hear the voices

on another note! i just beat Tales Of Destiny. and its probably now on my top 5 best tales of games :P i still dont understand how the fans love leon more then stahn.. i mean leons alright but i loved stahns character alot
    Last edited by wingzx; 14th May 2013 at 1:00 AM.

Dear Tales thread,

Sincerely,
    GrizzlyB
    Here's a comparison video. I have the 3DS version, and I'm very happy with it. I hear the PS2 version has better framerate during battle, but I never really notice the difference much, except in some Mystic Artes.

Also, what is this about voiced skits in the PS2 version? I've never heard of this.

Also, what is this about voiced skits in the PS2 version? I've never heard of this.
    the Japanese Dub have Voiced skits

Don't most of the Japanese Tales games have voiced skits?

Don't most of the Japanese Tales games have voiced skits?
    pretty sure they do. i think Legenida, Vesperia, and Graces are the only english games voiced i may be wrong there may be anothe

Xillia will have voiced skits. Also Legendia's voice acting cuts off at the half point of the game so I don't really count that.

Page 41 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast