Page 42 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1640

Thread: Tales of... Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Xillia will have voiced skits. Also Legendia's voice acting cuts off at the half point of the game so I don't really count that.
    really its been a while since i played legendia. forgot that it gets cut. i think from Vesperia on will have Voiced skits

Xillia will have voiced skits. Also Legendia's voice acting cuts off at the half point of the game so I don't really count that.
    That's sort of incredibly lame... I'm glad the most recent English games have had it though, it really helps a lot.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by sceptile33 View Post
    Here's a comparison video. I have the 3DS version, and I'm very happy with it. I hear the PS2 version has better framerate during battle, but I never really notice the difference much, except in some Mystic Artes.

Also, what is this about voiced skits in the PS2 version? I've never heard of this.
    That can't be the right link, can it?

At any rate, it sounds like both versions are equal content-wise, so I'll just get it on the system I wanted, the PS2. Thanks for the assistance, guvnahs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    That's sort of incredibly lame... I'm glad the most recent English games have had it though, it really helps a lot.
    If what I read about it was true, that's because the second half of the game is divided up into quests for each character, following the main story. When they were first allocating the budget and whatnot for localizing it, before they had seen the game itself, the voice acting was described as being divided up into main story/skits/character quests, and they assumed that the character quests were just sidequests, so decided to voice just the main story and skits, since that's all the budget would allow. It sucks, but I do like voiced skits. Actually, I just like everything being voiced.

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyB View Post

At any rate, it sounds like both versions are equal content-wise, so I'll just get it on the system I wanted, the PS2. Thanks for the assistance, guvnahs.

If what I read about it was true, that's because the second half of the game is divided up into quests for each character, following the main story. When they were first allocating the budget and whatnot for localizing it, before they had seen the game itself, the voice acting was described as being divided up into main story/skits/character quests, and they assumed that the character quests were just sidequests, so decided to voice just the main story and skits, since that's all the budget would allow. It sucks, but I do like voiced skits. Actually, I just like everything being voiced.
    im sure ull enjoy it ^_^ its my favorite Tales of Game so far

ya Voiced skit are alot better. if its voiceless u dont know any emotions being said. sure u can look at the picture but hearing the voice is so much better

Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    ya Voiced skit are alot better. if its voiceless u dont know any emotions being said. sure u can look at the picture but hearing the voice is so much better
    It's also a bit like reading a book, which is not what I want to do when playing a video game.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    It's also a bit like reading a book, which is not what I want to do when playing a video game.
    II agree, I may read what is going on, but if it has no voice, then I am just reading a book.

And Me and Brother in Law so far in TOS2

Me: Beat Decus 9sp?0

Brother in Law: Final Dungeon (But still underleveled)

If the HDremake becomes true, than would it please the 'fans' if the eght TOS gang can be leveled up too? Or would it defeat the point of it being Marta and Emil's story.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    II agree, I may read what is going on, but if it has no voice, then I am just reading a book.

And Me and Brother in Law so far in TOS2

Me: Beat Decus 9sp?0

Brother in Law: Final Dungeon (But still underleveled)

If the HDremake becomes true, than would it please the 'fans' if the eght TOS gang can be leveled up too? Or would it defeat the point of it being Marta and Emil's story.
    im pretty sure in the remake they wont do that. thats alot of programming im sure to make it so they can lvl. i think there just making it the same game just HD

im pretty sure in the remake they wont do that. thats alot of programming im sure to make it so they can lvl. i think there just making it the same game just HD
    Great, people will ***** if that's not there. That and the new voices for TOS since it's the PS2 version they might be using.

Great, people will ***** if that's not there. That and the new voices for TOS since it's the PS2 version they might be using.
    well im sure it will be the ps2 version i want more side quests :P ima get both of them either way i mean might as well get dawn of a new world i never played it cause i didnt wanna get it as a wii game

There's no simple fix to the game, they'd have to completely redo it. There's little point to that.

It would actually be incredibly easy, very little programming involved.

It's only perfect because it has ToS.

DotNW is just a bonus.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

Nah, the game just had too many other flaws. No world exploration makes it feel smaller, which defeats the whole purpose of the "New World"; people were looking forward to exploring and seeing how things changed, but instead it was cut down to a bare minimum. The story was also just... weird, since it retconned the story for the original game. Summon Spirits just happened to "move in" on the Centurion's temples? The Giant Kharlan Tree belonged to Ratatosk? It just felt forced, considering that the story for Symphonia wrapped up pretty well. And of course, the monster system was completely pointless, since they were just nameless fillers, and half of them weren't even usable due to how big they were; it created issues of them blocking you. And of course, the forced love story which wasn't even executed that well.

Honestly, DotNW is just a lost cause. It had potential but it just didn't really enough to reach it. I wouldn't think it's worth it to put more effort into trying to make it a good game, it'd take more than just a few tweaks.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    It's only perfect because it has ToS.

DotNW is just a bonus.
    Mmmmmm.... I wouldn't use the word bonus to describe DotNW.

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyB View Post

Wow, my bad. Here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dCcE1QS5vA

The video shows a big difference in the loading times. After playing the 3DS version and watching that, I don't know if I would want to play the PS2 version.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

Wow, my bad. Here it is.

The video shows a big difference in the loading times. After playing the 3DS version and watching that, I don't know if I would want to play the PS2 version.
    well i perfer to play it on a bigger screen hah but thats just me

Wow, my bad. Here it is.

I wouldn't trust that video. That person is definitely running with an emulator, and they're barely pulling off half speed. There's no way that's on an actual console.

EDIT: Quickly scanning through the comments, I was correct. It's an emulator.

I wouldn't have known, so thanks for the correction. How much faster would it be on an actual PS2?
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

I wouldn't have known, so thanks for the correction. How much faster would it be on an actual PS2?
    ps2 version was fast for me. i see no difference from ps2 and 3ds

At least twice as fast as it's running there, possibly a bit more.

Tales games are going to get faster localizations from now on

" Tales series producer Hideo Baba said that he is busy building a new structure for localizing games to the western market, so new Tales games can come to the western market as soon as possible after the Japanese version is released. The next Tales game -- Tales of Xillia will be released in North America and Europe on August 6 and 9 respectively."
    http://www.the-magicbox.com/

Actions speak louder than words.

Tales games are going to get faster localizations from now on

http://www.the-magicbox.com/

Actions speak louder than words.
    Does that also mean that all Tales games will be localized from now on?

I hope that mean they at least plan to under reasonable circumstances. As in, Tales released on good selling consoles. It's understandable not to localize for the Vita atm. But Maybe they could develop handheld Tales for the 3DS so they can released in both regions.

I hope that mean they at least plan to under reasonable circumstances. As in, Tales released on good selling consoles. It's understandable not to localize for the Vita atm. But Maybe they could develop handheld Tales for the 3DS so they can released in both regions.
    So 3DS, PS3/4, and WiiU? The latter and former I can get in a year's time, so it isn't hard to find what games I want for them.

Honestly I'd prefer them to localize the Vita versions, but I understand that approximately 5 people in North America have bought one.

i would not like a wii u tales of game but thats just me im fine with the vita that would be awesome. i really wish we could get Tales of Destiny 2

also i had no idea in a new game + if u did x10 damage the enemies also have the damage increase. man that chicken took half my health out without me realizing it

Page 42 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast