Page 45 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1665

Thread: Tales of... Thread

Dual audio is awesome, and I don't know if they'll have the extra audio. The voice actors didn't come back for Dawn of a New World, so I wouldn't be surprised if we're stuck with what was originally recorded.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Double posting again for the bump. Tales of Xillia 2 just confirmed for localization for the west on the official Tales of Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/tales

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Fuck yes. That's awesome.

It was pretty much a gimme after the announcement of Xillia, but it's nice to have an official confirmation.

So Xillia is pronounced "Ex-zillia"

News to me, I've been calling it "Zillia"

hm

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    So Xillia is pronounced "Ex-zillia"

News to me, I've been calling it "Zillia"

hm
    ... Who says?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLMnYSJFfGg

just watch a little into the video
    Hmmm.... I'm going to keep calling it Zillia.

Wow, I've been pronouncing something right for once. Yay for me
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Quite possibly none of them.

So how many people preordered Tales of Xillia, and if so, what version?

I got the collector's edition, just because I know the figure itself is worth a lot, and the 100 page artbook looks interesting. I'm getting the game probably a few days or so after release, but I'd rather go with free shipping than pay an additional 10 bucks for it to be here release date
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Darkness View Post
    So how many people preordered Tales of Xillia, and if so, what version?

I got the collector's edition, just because I know the figure itself is worth a lot, and the 100 page artbook looks interesting. I'm getting the game probably a few days or so after release, but I'd rather go with free shipping than pay an additional 10 bucks for it to be here release date
    Collector's Editions were sold out when I looked, but I probably wouldn't have gotten it anyway. I'm not big on figures or art books, so it wasn't really worth it to me. I've just got the normal one preordered.

limited edition, i'm good with the music cd and the figure would just sit unopened in my closet like the one that came with the Heart Gold/Soul Silver preorder.

also, some stores are breaking the street date so you're local retailer might already have the game in to sell

I got the collectors edition of Xillia pre ordered when there was only one left. I am so excited to get everything and finally play the game. I have been waiting so long for it to be localized. We are getting XIllia 2 as well next year! I could not possibly be happier.

limited edition, i'm good with the music cd and the figure would just sit unopened in my closet like the one that came with the Heart Gold/Soul Silver preorder.

also, some stores are breaking the street date so you're local retailer might already have the game in to sell
    Honestly, had the music CD been the actual soundtrack instead I would have gotten the Collector's Edition since it would have been cheaper than buying the game and soundtrack separately.

IGN gives the game an 8/10

I'm not even going to bother reading reviews. At this point we should all know what to expect from a Tales game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I'm not even going to bother reading reviews. At this point we should all know what to expect from a Tales game.
    Fujoshi bait?
    Douglas Adams

Exactly. The thing I've noticed about the reviews for Tales games is that most of them are essentially the same review. I could probably post any complete review here, and barring changing the name of the installment, everyone would just take it as a review of Tales of Xillia.

But I will say one thing that kind of shocked me was the fact that the game is a bit shorter than previous games in the series. From what I read, it looks like it's about 40 hours per character. But then again, you're also playing the game twice to see both characters' perspectives, so if you combine the times, it comes out to a much longer game, from a gameplay perspective.

Anyway, I'm picking up mine tomorrow. I'll have a proper review (or at least an impressions post) up at some point after I get back from vacation.
    Last edited by SBaby; 6th August 2013 at 10:20 PM.
    A Winner Is You!!!

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
    - Bruce Lee

The worst thing you can do in any business is blame the customer.
    - Willie 'Jack' Degel

Quote Originally Posted by SBaby View Post
    Exactly. The thing I've noticed about the reviews for Tales games is that most of them are essentially the same review. I could probably post any complete review here, and barring changing the name of the installment, everyone would just take it as a review of Tales of Xillia.

But I will say one thing that kind of shocked me was the fact that the game is a bit shorter than previous games in the series. From what I read, it looks like it's about 40 hours per character. But then again, you're also playing the game twice to see both characters' perspectives, so if you combine the times, it comes out to a much longer game, from a gameplay perspective.

Anyway, I'm picking up mine tomorrow. I'll have a proper review (or at least an impressions post) up at some point after I get back from vacation.
    Tales games typically take me around 40-50 hours anyway so there's no huge change there for me. The biggest change is having to play through twice for both stories. I usually play through them all a second time anyway, though.

First impressions so far: Jude and Alvin have pretty good VAs, Milla's is terrible. I'm not a fan of lisps.
    Last edited by Hydrohs; 7th August 2013 at 12:58 AM.

I'm still waiting on this game to arrive. I hope it isn't too much worse than Abyss or Graces f.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

Quote Originally Posted by sceptile33 View Post
    I'm still waiting on this game to arrive. I hope it isn't too much worse than Abyss or Graces f.
    Are you saying Abyss and Graces f were bad...? Or that you had to wait a long time for them to arrive?

I hate adult responsibilities. Leaving me less time to enjoy my Tales.

I like Judes and Alvins VA. Milla's on the other hand...

Pretty much however Xallia almost perfect reviews in Japan.

I hate adult responsibilities. Leaving me less time to enjoy my Tales.
    I hate youngsters and their racing games for the same reason.

I like Judes and Alvins VA. Milla's on the other hand...
    What? Isss there sssomethhhing wrong withhh lissspsss? It's grown on me and I've been able to accept it. If there's something I hate about Milla, it's her body, she's a stick but that's also grown on me.

The voice acting's solid so far. Aside from that, it's what I expected and love, no odd battle system like in Graces. Adoring the characters and music but I'm loving Alvin the most. The controls and new mechanics still haven't fully grown on me. Now if only my little brother would play alongside me more.

Love my collector edition, great soundtrack CD, nice art book, and a lovely figurine of Milla. Worth the extra $20. All the DLC cost almost as much as the game however.

Loving Alvin's character the most so far but usually my favourite characters in Tales games are female. We'll have to wait and see.
    Last edited by ParaChomp; 9th August 2013 at 6:03 PM.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Page 45 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast