Page 46 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1662

Thread: Tales of... Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Are you saying Abyss and Graces f were bad...? Or that you had to wait a long time for them to arrive?
    Abyss and Graces f were amazing, and I've been getting the vibe that Xillia isn't on the same level as those. If it's worse than Abyss or Graces f then it can still be a great game, but I'll be judging it myself soon enough.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

First impressions so far: Jude and Alvin have pretty good VAs, Milla's is terrible. I'm not a fan of lisps.
    I'm used to lisps in English voice actors. Games with voice acting had them all the time in the PSX and PS2 era. And honestly, if that's the worst thing about the game, then I'll probably be fine with it.
    A Winner Is You!!!

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
    - Bruce Lee

The worst thing you can do in any business is blame the customer.
    - Willie 'Jack' Degel

Quote Originally Posted by sceptile33 View Post
    Abyss and Graces f were amazing, and I've been getting the vibe that Xillia isn't on the same level as those. If it's worse than Abyss or Graces f then it can still be a great game, but I'll be judging it myself soon enough.
    Xillia is really good so far, haven't had too much time to play it so I'm not really that far but it's really good.

Quote Originally Posted by SBaby View Post
    I'm used to lisps in English voice actors. Games with voice acting had them all the time in the PSX and PS2 era. And honestly, if that's the worst thing about the game, then I'll probably be fine with it.
    It's weird though because either her VA is trying to suppress it or trying to do one very badly, because it's not very pronounced but you can definitely notice it.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Got my game today, and while I haven't played it yet, the book is really interesting, the music CD seems like every other CD that comes with a game, and the figure is really big. (Don't judge me with the figure, this is my first one ever)
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

I'm finding the combat a little too easy in this game. I mean, you get the same EXP for every difficulty and I started on Hard and have been having little trouble. The only thing that increases is the item drop and rare drops. There is a great grinding spot about a few hours in the game when get to Nia Khera. I recommend that everyone just grind that spot for a few hours want rare drops and quick upgrading to your shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    I'm finding the combat a little too easy in this game. I mean, you get the same EXP for every difficulty and I started on Hard and have been having little trouble. The only thing that increases is the item drop and rare drops. There is a great grinding spot about a few hours in the game when get to Nia Khera. I recommend that everyone just grind that spot for a few hours want rare drops and quick upgrading to your shop.
    I noticed that you get pretty good Exp there, and then when you progress farther the Exp basically halves for a bit. It's really weird.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I think it more than Halves lol. I was gaining about 300 a fight. The took the other path and only gained 28 a fight. >.> I wish the difficultly have a exp modifier like graces

I think it more than Halves lol. I was gaining about 300 a fight. The took the other path and only gained 28 a fight. >.> I wish the difficultly have a exp modifier like graces
    Ah, you must be talking about that area that starts with X, I forget the name. I went there but the monsters were dealing too much damage for my party so I didn't bother with it.

I went there around lvl 11. If you enter battle from the back, that halves health and stuns them, it shouldn't be too hard to win a few battles. The water spirts and chicken things are easier to kill. I didn't bother with the other guys, they wrecked me. got to about lvl 15/16.

I went there around lvl 11. If you enter battle from the back, that halves health and stuns them, it shouldn't be too hard to win a few battles. The water spirts and chicken things are easier to kill. I didn't bother with the other guys, they wrecked me. got to about lvl 15/16.
    Had I been thinking I would have tried that, but I just entered the first battle when you enter the area and started getting wrecked so I got the hell out of there. Might go back now, just to grind up some. Extra levels are always nice.

I love Xillia! I started with Jude since people say he ha sa much better story for a 1st time run. I am definitely always controlling Milla though. She is such an awesome character so far. Yeah... I feel the game is a lot easier than previous tales games. It is such a shame really. The lillium orb system allows for super strong characters like FF XIII. Oh well. The only time I died was in Xiagut Floodflow because the monsters were like level 40 there. Pretty sure it is optional.
    Last edited by Seraphina; 13th August 2013 at 6:29 PM.

Playing though the game now, and it's great so far. Hard mode isn't very challenging, except for the bosses. I just beat Jiao, and he was pretty tough. Exploiting element weakness helped tremendously.

I'm just keeping it on Easy, since the battles go buy so much faster and you really don't lose anything other than some easy to obtain items.

I'm just keeping it on Easy, since the battles go buy so much faster and you really don't lose anything other than some easy to obtain items.
    Have you or your team members ever died?

The boss in the mines was a mother****ing ***** on hard mode. Seriously, that SoB kept jumping around.

Have you or your team members ever died?
    When I was grinding at the Xagut area outside Nia Khera I had to use some Life Bottles, but I've never lost a battle.

When I was grinding at the Xagut area outside Nia Khera I had to use some Life Bottles, but I've never lost a battle.
    I tried doing that in hard mode and got my *** handed to me. I'm not one to play a game on the easiest difficulty, since I like being challenged, but this is my first time playing a Tales game on the hardest difficulty mode available the first playthrough.

I tried doing that in hard mode and got my *** handed to me. I'm not one to play a game on the easiest difficulty, since I like being challenged, but this is my first time playing a Tales game on the hardest difficulty mode available the first playthrough.
    I don't like being challenged if I'm not going to get a reward for it. I'd rather just enjoy myself.

I just recently got Rowen in my party, and I have to say, I don't mind Teepo or his voice, but his lip-syncing is horrible. His mouth will still open and close 5 seconds after he's done talking. It's really annoying to me for some reason.

I just recently got Rowen in my party, and I have to say, I don't mind Teepo or his voice, but his lip-syncing is horrible. His mouth will still open and close 5 seconds after he's done talking. It's really annoying to me for some reason.
    Probably because it was either meant for Japanese or they didn't care at all.

While I don't have the game, a youtuber I subscribed to posted this interesting skit. I'm still laughing about it.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

So I've made it to the point where I actually have all six party members with me at once so I'm finally able to settle on a party. I'm using Jude (Player controlled), Alvin (Because he's funny and I like him as a Link Partner), Rowen (Becaue he's a BAMF and the only real mage) and Elize (For healing of course).

Who are the rest of you with the game using?

The story of Xillia is really getting good now. I think I have about 26 hours and am a little ways into chapter 3. I heard there are only 4 chapters so that is a little disappointing. I am thinking I will finish at about 41-43 hours or something. It might be around 50 hours if I decide to do more side quests. I always use Milla as my main character. I have Alvin(my brother plays him) Elize(she is a better healer than Leia imo. I also use Rowen because he is really strong. His Fireball does so much damage.

I think Elize heals too much. I know I can change it in the settings but she uses Pixie Heal whenever anyone gets hurt. Leia is boss.

I think Elize heals too much. I know I can change it in the settings but she uses Pixie Heal whenever anyone gets hurt. Leia is boss.
    That's why I use her, I always have my healer set to only heal. I disable almost all of their other Artes.

Page 46 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast