Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: Tales of... Thread

Quote Originally Posted by arceus7 View Post
    .... Is that going on the Wii? In the U.S I mean
    No, Tales of Graces was released for Wii in Japan. Tales of Graces F is on the PS3.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Why don't you just go over and watch?
    Cause our relationship is long distance

twittertumblrlast.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Chris-kun View Post
    Cause our relationship is long distance
    I can see how that would be an issue then.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

.... Is that going on the Wii? In the U.S I mean
    Tales games that have gotten expansions have always been ported to Sony's console so no. I don't understand why an entire new system though. Okay, I can understand Vespria with the Xbox 360 not being so popular in Japan, and Graces getting a graphical upgrade. That just leaves Symphonia to talk about and that's most likely due to the space on a Game Cube disk. There's Abyss to an extent which was ported (bar the Japanese version) onto Nintendo's 480p handheld(compared to Sony's 720p handheld) and only gained a poor execution of the system's main gimmick.

Meh, I don't know what to say about this. Enable priced downloadable content which serves as the upgrade to the game when it is released later? Doubt it's a good decision money wise but nonetheless.

On the topic of the ports, how deep is Symphonia's PS2 expansion? If Namco Bandai translated the added content (no dub required), I think they could make a good sum if they rereleased it for the Wii U's Virtual Console, charging double the price of a regular Game Cube title sold by the service, due to the game's size and added content. Explanations for the price would help the consumers. Doubt it will happen but a man can dream.
    Last edited by ParaChomp; 5th March 2012 at 3:14 AM.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    On the topic of the ports, how deep is Symphonia's PS2 expansion? If Namco Bandai translated the added content (no dub required), I think they could make a good sum if they rereleased it for the Wii U's Virtual Console, charging double the price of a regular Game Cube title sold by the service, due to the game's size and added content. Explanations for the price would help the consumers. Doubt it will happen but a man can dream.
    Added some sidequests/costumes was all I remember hearing about it

twittertumblrlast.fm

I'm not a huge fan of the Tales series, seeing as I was never able to get into the story of Symphonia. Apparently that was one of the best... and I haven't really played many of them anyway. I did happen to love Tales of the World Radiant Mythology a lot! So annoying that the second and third versions weren't released outside of Japan! ):

xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Chris-kun View Post
    Added some sidequests/costumes was all I remember hearing about it
    Everyone else who didn't have a Mystic Arte got one. Zelos can use Judgment while in your team, too.

How do you use Ion(mystic arte) on the 3DS Version? Every time I watch the Abyss opening I feel heavy hearted , like I'm going to cry ...on that note I found my brothers copy of Symphonia in mint condition

I found my brothers copy of Symphonia in mint condition
    Lucky you. I was only one more playthrough away from having enough Grade to get the 10x Exp option. I really need to buy one from eBay soon.

You hold the attack button duing Radiant Howl while Ion is with the party. This has to be done on a second or later playthrough.

.... So A right?^

What about indignation? Hold R? ( it was r2 in the PS2 version.

Someone should right up a quick guide of the button combinations for the 3DS version really.

Indignation is holding the overlimit (Left d pad i think) for five seconds. Thunderblade needs to be use 200+ times and you need to have atleast 100TP.

I brought Symphonia pre-owned for less than Ł20 years ago, and I'm staggered to see how much these games go for on Ebay now days....That said its one of the best JRPGs I have played, I fell in love with both the story and the characters, also the battle system felt fresh and broke away from the usual static turn based system I was used to at the time!

I'm tempted to hunt down a copy of Tales of the abyss for my 3DS as I never played the original.

Anything to get Bandai Namco Studios to give us all the Tales games they skipped on us. Oh, and stop treating the PlayStation as their ultimate base. They forgot they started it all with Nintendo.

I hate how you completely ignore my similar comment. Also, we're setting ourselves up for CharizardChampion#06, Blaze Boy, and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by wiiboychris View Post
    Anything to get Bandai Namco Studios to give us all the Tales games they skipped on us. Oh, and stop treating the PlayStation as their ultimate base. They forgot they started it all with Nintendo.
    That would be nice, I hate that I have to miss out on all the games that are only on Playstation.

I got a copy of Symphonia today, really looking forward to starting it but I probably won't get a chance for a little while.

If you're not going to play as Sheena, don't use her in battle, she's as useless as that other busty character in that other anime!

If you're not going to play as Sheena, don't use her in battle, she's as useless as that other busty character in that other anime!
    Sheena is a very good fighter on her own, and her summons are a big plus.

Then why did she keep dying when the CPU was controlling her?

How do you change the princess in Dragon buster?

Then why did she keep dying when the CPU was controlling her?
    Mine didn't. I used her quite a bit in one of my playthroughs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Mine didn't. I used her quite a bit in one of my playthroughs.
    WHAT!? That's a damn lie, and you know it!

Also, am I the only one here with Sheena and Anise as their mains?

How do you change the princess in Dragon buster?
    You must taunt the dragon a certain number of times like 10 or 20.

WHAT!? That's a damn lie, and you know it!
    It's totally not, I think you just gave her shitty armour and weapons and let her die.

Also, am I the only one here with Sheena and Anise as their mains?
    Yeah, I think it's safe to say so. xD The only time I ever main'd Sheena was in that 1v1 battle with her, and I eventually gave up and let the CPU take over. It fared way better.

Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast