Page 53 of 67 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1664

Thread: Tales of... Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Darkness View Post
    I would push for dual-audio
    I don't know why they don't just localize the text and not bother dubbing, would anyone really be sad?

Anyway, is there any good estimate about how much the Tales of series sells in the US? I mean, it's enough for them to localize titles every year, but any ideas?
    The past few games have sold ~300-500k unit. It's more about time for them, though. They don't have a large enough team to localize everything.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I don't know why they don't just localize the text and not bother dubbing, would anyone really be sad?
    They'd save money at least. Having voice actors for 40+ hours games can't be cheap

The past few games have sold ~300-500k unit. It's more about time for them, though. They don't have a large enough team to localize everything.
    True. I understand why Symphonia HD has one of the quickest releases, they really don't have to translate much. Too bad the same can't be said of Xillia 2. Luckily both will be out next year
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

Iirc, Sony has this thing about how games released on their American consoles have to be dubbed. Even if it's translated, it'll still need a dub.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Iirc, Sony has this thing about how games released on their American consoles have to be dubbed. Even if it's translated, it'll still need a dub.
    Really? That's very strange.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

As someone who wants to get interested in the series which game should I play first?
    Personally I was thinking of starting with Abyss or Vesperia

Hibiki wants hugs
        Spoiler:- My claims:

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshino View Post
    As someone who wants to get interested in the series which game should I play first?
    Personally I was thinking of starting with Abyss or Vesperia
    Either of those would be fine to start with, really.

Either of those would be fine to start with, really.
    It doesn't really matter which one they start off with, does it? Unless it's Destiny 2 or Xillia 2, both of which are not yet released or have never been released
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Yeah, also Dawn of the New World, I wouldn't start with that, or even really recommend playing it at all.

Only play it before Symphonia, because if don't you set yourself for disappointment.

I personally love Abyss. It's my favorite in the whole series. But you may or may not like Luke.

Note to self, finish Legendia! Why did they half dub this game?!
    FC: 5300 8812 6096
    3DS name: Neko
    Pokemon Y in game name: Shiina
    Time zone: Pacific Standard Time/ GMT -8
    Friend Safari: Bug - Butterfree, Beautifly, Vivillion

Yeah, also Dawn of the New World, I wouldn't start with that, or even really recommend playing it at all.
    Whats wrong with it (・・?

Hibiki wants hugs

Whats wrong with it (・・?
    It's a mediocre Tales game and a terrible sequel to a very good Tales game.

Whats wrong with it (・・?
    Oh, WHERE to start?

1) The main gimmick about raising your monsters is the most boring feature ever.
    2) There is an abysmal amount of sidequests to do.
    3) The main eight characters from the prequel have their levels capped AND locked. They can't be raised at all, and their levels cap at lvl. 50 at the highest which means bringing them into Hard/Very Hard/Unknown fights is the most suicidal thing you can do to them.
    4) You can't roam the world map, only quick jump everywhere.
    5) You'll be driven insane trying to finish the "sidequests" posted at pubs, which all of them have nearly the same setting and same objective.
    6) The bonus dungeon in the post-game is...a maze that will keep you there for five hours at best as you figure out where to go.
    7) The sound of attacks is horrible. It's like you're cutting lettuce when slashing foes!

Yeah, the sequel shouldn't have happened with all of this in it.

Decided to play Tales of Xillia first because that was the only Tales of... game at my EB Games (^_^)

Hibiki wants hugs

How do you guy feel about Tales already being developed for PS4? They won't be coming to Xbox one at all according to Baba.

I counted on them only coming to PS4 from the get-go. Still blows my mind that they ever released Vesperia on the 360.

I only had a 360 at the time so I was greatful, but Tales should really stay with Sony and Nintendo. That's where the player base is.

Wait, are they making games for the Wii U? I thought they weren't, and focusing their all on like the PS4 and **** now
    Douglas Adams

No news about any games for the Wii U, probably wont be.

No news about any games for the Wii U, probably wont be.
    I'm sure there's been talk about it, though getting a Wii U version would be pointless as we all know it would eventually be ported over to the PS4 with additional content not in the Wii U version (like was the case with Symphonia and Graces) and its likely only the PS4 version would be released outside of Japan anyways if they knew soon enough that one was going to be made.

The Wii U has a terrible install-base right now, they may have talked about it, but those talks likely just reached the conclusion that it wasn't worthwhile.

The tales of game for the smartphone would be great to port to the 3DS, or Wii U with support for button control, too bad they don't want my money.

That would be a considerable amount of work, porting it to either console. The Wii U especially, though. Given the needed difference graphically.

There are a few smartphone games that have been ported without too much issue. Angry Birds comes to mind. Of course that game is a lot simpler come to Tales.

Douglas Adams

Page 53 of 67 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast