Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin Megami Tensei Thread

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. I'll be getting Devil Survivor Overclocked when I get the chance.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

^ You made the right choice you are going to love that game XD

Last edited by AuraChannelerChris; 19th December 2012 at 6:17 PM.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Ness - Complete!

I figured that would happen. ATLUS has been pretty good with localizations (besides Eternal Punishment, which I don't think is ever happening now). And Soul Hackers was one of the games listed during the Miiverse leak.

I loved this series. I've played the crap out of the first devil Survivor and kicked a certain secret Bosses butt. I'm not to familar with Persona Series but judging from Persona 4 the Animation it appears to be a game I could really enjoy for hours.
        Spoiler:- Don't read...:

My Pokemon are my Nakama... I'll be by their side just like they have been for me...

Started Persona 4 The Golden today with my new PS Vita! I was lucky to get the pre-order skin but unfortunately applying it to the Vita was a disaster. It's on now, but there's a bunch of dust and fuzz underneath that I can't get off. The game itself is great though!

DeSu2A looks awesome. Dat music.

Also, in SMT IV news, there's a character with a black demonica suit from Strange Journey, and Lilith makes her return. And so do the Gaians and Messians. Right now it looks like SMT IV is going to be a much more modern version of SMT I. Since Lilith is back, maybe one of the characters will actually be a New Reincarnation of the Goddess like SMT I.

Course, that info is completely irrelevant if you've already played DeSu2.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

I hope we get a two-part movie adaption of DeSu. DeSu2 is a lot more episodic than DeSu so I can understand them choosing DeSu2 over it, but DeSu is the better story and deserves to be adapted eventually.

I was introduced to the SMT series with Digital Devil Saga, and I fell in love.

It is one of the most flawless pieces of entertainment I have ever played.

Since then I've played SMT: DDS2 and SMT: Nocturne and I adored both, masterpieces.

Any recomendations to move forward with my SMT experience?

Quote Originally Posted by LexSuicune View Post

Since then I've played SMT: DDS2 and SMT: Nocturne and I adored both, masterpieces.

Persona 3 & 4 comes to mind, as well as the Devil Survivor: Overclocked and Devil Survivor, which now has an anime adaptation. There have been hints in recent months that Atlus is doing something else with DS2 but we're not sure. We're assuming an Overclocked version of the game but it's too hard to tell.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Already own P3, P4 and Devil Summoner, haven't played any of them yet, I've been pretty busy with work and Pokémon White 2.

I guess I'll hit'em up this week, I'll start with Devil Summoner.

A friend gave me one called Strange Journey for the DS too, haven't played that one either. Is it a sequel or something?

Already own P3, P4 and Devil Summoner, haven't played any of them yet, I've been pretty busy with work and Pokémon White 2.

I guess I'll hit'em up this week, I'll start with Devil Summoner.

A friend gave me one called Strange Journey for the DS too, haven't played that one either. Is it a sequel or something?
    Strange Journey is part of the main Shin Megami Tensei series like Nocturne. It has 1st person dungeon exploration and a slightly different battle system, but other than that it plays pretty similar.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Devil Summoner, Devil Survivor (Overclocked is best, if you have a 3DS), the main series (aka Strange Journey), and Persona (3 and 4 would be best even though the Persona 2 games are worth playing some day). You should play at least one game from each of those series.

As for whether Strange Journey is a sequel, I'd say not really. Most of the Shin Megami Tensei games are loosely connected to one another (Devil Summoner is connected to the main games, and Persona is connected to the main games through if...) but it's usually inconsequential.

Looking forward to the Fire Emblem crossover but I haven't played a single game in the Shin Megami series. Any easy to get recommendations (I own a Wii U, a 3DS, and a PS3)?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Looking forward to the Fire Emblem crossover but I haven't played a single game in the Shin Megami series. Any easy to get recommendations (I own a Wii U, a 3DS, and a PS3)?
    Nocturne for PS2 or Devil Survivor Overclocked for 3DS.

There's a rumored new version for Devil Survivor 2, but hold on to that game.

If you like Fire Emblem you will (probably?) like Devil Survivor. Overclocked is the better version, and I would start off on Easy mode since DeSu is significantly harder than FE.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    If you like Fire Emblem you will (probably?) like Devil Survivor. Overclocked is the better version, and I would start off on Easy mode since DeSu is significantly harder than FE.
    Really? Well, okay then, I'll see if it's there next time I'm at the game store. Easy mode being difficult? I'll try it on Normal and see what happens. Not all of the games take place in a modern setting, do they (I have the crossover in mind)?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Really? Well, okay then, I'll see if it's there next time I'm at the game store. Easy mode being difficult? I'll try it on Normal and see what happens. Not all of the games take place in a modern setting, do they (I have the crossover in mind)?
    If you are going to do normal, I suggest taking the Yuzu path. Some of the paths are a lot harder than others and will contain sharp difficulty spikes, Yuzu's is apparently the easiest. (the game has diffrent endings that play different and towards the end you can choose a path depending on how you playted through dialogue sections)

Technically a lot of the games are in post apocalyptic and/or near future settings. The Last Bible* series takes place in medieval times while the Devil Summoner Raidou games take place in 1920s Japan.

*never been released in the West, includes gameboy and SNES installments.
    Last edited by Zazie; 11th February 2013 at 3:28 PM.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

The mainline SMT games (SMT, II, if..., Nocturne, SJ, and IV) are post-apocalyptic, so it will be interesting to see how they do the crossover. In my opinion it will be like Pokemon Conquest - it will be an original game with original characters (despite the character promo art), and the gameplay will be based on Fire Emblem while the story will be based on Shin Megami Tensei.

Quote Originally Posted by Zazie View Post
    If you are going to do normal, I suggest taking the Yuzu path. Some of the paths are a lot harder than others and will contain sharp difficulty spikes, Yuzu's is apparently the easiest. (the game has diffrent endings that play different and towards the end you can choose a path depending on how you playted through dialogue sections)

Technically a lot of the games are in post apocalyptic and/or near future settings. The Last Bible* series takes place in medieval times while the Devil Summoner Raidou games take place in 1920s Japan.

*never been released in the West, includes gameboy and SNES installments.
    Well, the first Last Bible game on the GameBoy was released in the US as Revelations: The Demon Slayer.
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 4339-2697-2470

I tried playing Revelations: The Demon Slayer before. Wouldn't really recommend, but I would love it if ATLUS made a new and improved Last Bible game with the SMT4 engine.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast