Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin Megami Tensei Thread

I'm guessing the additional scenario takes place after the true ending, because there was a potential sequel hook at the end of the true ending.     Spoiler:- spoilers?:

Just recently bought Persona 2: Innocent Sin, Persona 2: Eternal Punishment and Persona 3 Portable on PSN since they were on sale. Never did get to finish IS or P3P, so I figured this was the best way to do so. Also never had a chance to play EP, so I'm glad it was put on PSN (though I honestly wish Atlus had released the PSP remake). Still working through Persona 4 Golden in a silly attempt to get all of the trophies.

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

If you're in Europe, don't buy Overclocked. There's some game-breaking glitches. I have no idea how Ghostlight managed to add glitches to an already finished game, but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    If you're in Europe, don't buy Overclocked. There's some game-breaking glitches. I have no idea how Ghostlight managed to add glitches to an already finished game, but whatever.
    Glitches can definitely be added to games once they are localized. It happened to one of the NA localisations of Ar Tonelico. (I forget whether it was 1 or 2) I think it migh thave also been an issue in the NA version of Nostalgia. (though it may have been in the JP version, I didn't check)

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Aksys Games managed to add a save deleting glitch onto the North American version of Virtue's Last Reward. And ONLY on the 3DS version. Somehow the Vita version was unharmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zazie View Post
    Glitches can definitely be added to games once they are localized. It happened to one of the NA localisations of Ar Tonelico. (I forget whether it was 1 or 2) I think it migh thave also been an issue in the NA version of Nostalgia. (though it may have been in the JP version, I didn't check)
    IIRC, it was AT2 that had the game breaking bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Aksys Games managed to add a save deleting glitch onto the North American version of Virtue's Last Reward. And ONLY on the 3DS version. Somehow the Vita version was unharmed.

IIRC, it was AT2 that had the game breaking bug.
    Thanks for the heads up, I was about to purchase the 3DS version of Virtue's Last Reward, I guess I'll go with the Vita version. At least it will add another title to my Vita wish list/game library.
    Last edited by Zorocario; 31st March 2013 at 12:52 PM.

Haven't see this thread before. Shin Megami Tensei is my favorite franchise after Pokémon [my username comes from the main villain of the earlier Persona games]. I am willing to buy a WiiU just to play the crossover with Fire Emblem >_>

Technically, your username comes from H. P. Lovecraft's works. Specifically from the Cthulhu Mythos. The SMT series tends to use different sorts of mythology for its demons.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Technically, your username comes from H. P. Lovecraft's works. Specifically from the Cthulhu Mythos. The SMT series tends to use different sorts of mythology for its demons.
    Thanks for the information! I always though Nyarlathotep, YHVH, Cthulhu, Yggdrasil, Lucifer, Pallas Athena, Izanami, Nyx Avatar and all these creatures were created by Atlus. Technically I've chosen the username because of the villain in Persona 2, I only read 'Nyarlathotep' and other works of H.P Lovecraft years after playing the game.

There's an Amazon.ca listing for Shin Megami Tensei IV in English with a July 2013 release date.

The Shin Megami Tensei RPG series began in Japan in 1992 on Super Famicom. Neither this game nor its sequel was published in North America. In 2004 Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne was the first SMT game in North America, although “III” was removed from the PlayStation 2 title. The SMT series later spun-off several sub-series, including Persona, Devil Summoner, Devil Survivor, Digital Devil Saga, and the standalone Strange Journey. This new RPG is considered the fourth in the Shin Megami Tensei mainline series.In 1492, the kingdom of East Mikado is protected by high walls, with the castle and its king at the center. A young warrior, 18 years old, has just been chosen to become a Samurai, one who, with the aid of a special tool called a Gauntlet, will serve as a secret protector of the city. It is the duty of the Samurai to exterminate a demon threat of which its citizens are unaware. However, the situation is not as simple as human versus demon. There are factions within the human group that must be discovered and understood in order for alliances to be formed, paths set, and the destiny of the world decided.A World to Discover, A Mystery to Uncover – The life of a Samurai is fraught with peril. Players must leave the safety of Mikado in order to defend it from the invading demons. There the story unfolds as the true history of Mikado comes to light. Shin Megami Tensei IV is a single player experience.Demon Collection and Fusion – The core mechanic of the Shin Megami Tensei series returns with more than 400 demons to recruit, collect, and fuse together. Players will constantly be challenged with balancing the strengths of their demons to ultimately excel in battle.
    The English description makes it seem pretty legit.

There's an Amazon.ca listing for Shin Megami Tensei IV in English with a July 2013 release date.

The English description makes it seem pretty legit.
    Um, wow, that's an awful close release date compared to the Japanese date, unless I've been ignoring the launch windows between games.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post

Thanks for the information! I always though Nyarlathotep, YHVH, Cthulhu, Yggdrasil, Lucifer, Pallas Athena, Izanami, Nyx Avatar and all these creatures were created by Atlus. Technically I've chosen the username because of the villain in Persona 2, I only read 'Nyarlathotep' and other works of H.P Lovecraft years after playing the game.
    Oh good lord..... Nyarlathotep.... I got Persona 2: EP (The PSX version! Woot!) about a month ago...... I am NOT looking forward to fighting that guy. I've seen the Youtube videos. If he can kill off people who have max. stats, and provide a challenge even for maxed-out parties..... I'M GONNA' DIE. XP

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreaterLucario View Post
    Oh good lord..... Nyarlathotep.... I got Persona 2: EP (The PSX version! Woot!) about a month ago...... I am NOT looking forward to fighting that guy. I've seen the Youtube videos. If he can kill off people who have max. stats, and provide a challenge even for maxed-out parties..... I'M GONNA' DIE. XP
    It's like he's there to troll you while smiling.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Um, wow, that's an awful close release date compared to the Japanese date, unless I've been ignoring the launch windows between games.
    Persona 4 Arena launched two weeks after Japan, and Devil Survivor Overclocked launched in North America before Japan. But other than that we've always had to wait a couple of months in between releases. Or a game simply isn't localized at all.

Okay, I've been interested in getting Strange Journey for the DS. Do you guys think there is a chance that they'll remake it for 3DS like they did with the Devil Survivor games? I don't want to buy it if I can get a superior version later on.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

Quote Originally Posted by sceptile33 View Post
    Okay, I've been interested in getting Strange Journey for the DS. Do you guys think there is a chance that they'll remake it for 3DS like they did with the Devil Survivor games? I don't want to buy it if I can get a superior version later on.
    I say get it now, you can always sell it later if a 3ds version comes out(which I doubt). If you sell it on eBay if a remake/enhanced port comes out for the 3ds you can ask for a little bit more since its a hard game to find, at least where I'm at. I'm still tracking one down, it's like that with other SMT games too.

Shin Megami Tensei IV is REALLY coming to North America...in the Summer. That's an awful close release date.

Though I think it's the first 3DS game with a $50 price tag. That game BETTER be good... Oh, who am I kidding. It's really good.

Shin Megami Tensei IV is REALLY coming to North America...in the Summer. That's an awful close release date.

Though I think it's the first 3DS game with a $50 price tag. That game BETTER be good... Oh, who am I kidding. It's really good.
    Yes. Yes! YES!

I've been hooked to Fire Emblem and this will prepare me for the crossover too.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Hopefully it will come with some bonus content at the very least. Atlus USA does that pretty often with their titles

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

It comes with some type of CD in Japan right? Probably comes with that. But I'd buy it at 60 bucks if I had to. It's up there with XY an M&L: DT as my most anticipated game.
    Last edited by diakyu; 2nd April 2013 at 11:24 PM.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

I hope it comes to the UK around a similar time. It'll be my first SMT game after P3P (which I got bored of due to fighting in the same place forever and the point and clicking).
    I claim Larvitar!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranitarquake View Post
    I hope it comes to the UK around a similar time. It'll be my first SMT game after P3P (which I got bored of due to fighting in the same place forever and the point and clicking).
    I honestly would not expect SMT IV in Europe until 2015. And even if it's released in Europe, it will probably have bugs that render it unplayable. Being an SMT fan in Europe is like being an alcoholic during the prohibition.

Quote Originally Posted by sceptile33 View Post
    I think you're safe at this point. It's been three years, and ATLUS usually has an extremely fast turnover rate for enhanced ports. If they remake anything for the 3DS, I hope it's SMT I/II/if... with SMT IV's engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Zazie View Post
    Hopefully it will come with some bonus content at the very least. Atlus USA does that pretty often with their titles
    Atlus said it'd be sold as a "premium title," so expect it to have a lot of stuff packed in with the game. More than the usual mini soundtrack disc usually included.

For anyone who's played the new port of Soul Hackers, how does it hold up today? It looks interesting and I'm thinking of getting it, but I don't have a lot of experience with SMT, just some time in Strange Journey.

Which is better gameplay-wise, Soul Hackers or Etrian Odyssey IV?

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast