Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Shin Megami Tensei Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    It's interesting, because MegaTen games are always like that. There's two games that are almost identical, and then something completely different. For example, Megami Tensei I and II, and then Shin Megami Tensei I and II happened, and then III and IV moved to polygons and third person exploration.

Then there's Devil Summoner. The original and Soul Hackers, and then the Raidou duo happened on PS2. And Personas 1 and 2 were similar, and 3 and 4 were something different.

It's why I'm so excited for Devil Survivor 3. 1 and 2 were really similar so I imagine the third game will be as drastic a change as Persona 2 --> Persona 3.
    While we're on the subject of changes to Devil Survivor, I think it'd be interesting if it adopted a combat style like that of the Final Fantasy Tactics series.

Anyone seen the trailers for Persona 5 Persona Q and Persona 4 the Arena 2.
    The really interesting thing about the Persona Q trailer is the fact that the main charecter from Persona 3 is back and so is Shinj.
    Also there will be a Persona 4 dancing game.
    GET.****ING.HYPE.
    Not looking for anything right now thanks to Kybosh and Lion Demon their great people .

Games I have: White,Platinum,Emerald,Firered

Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes View Post
    Basically, Pokémon only "play" with other 'mon they want to/can bang. Pokémon are just powerful animal-like frat boys: they're all about fighting, showing off & humping.
    Quote Originally Posted by KantoPkmnMaster View Post
    Sprinkles on a non-chocolate donut. You may be a communist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murder Doll View Post
    Yu-Gi-Oh, it's all about the heart of the hair gel.

Ya late.

Really...not looking forward to the dancing game. Besides, don't have a vita.

Quote Originally Posted by Born Better View Post
    Ya late.

Really...not looking forward to the dancing game. Besides, don't have a vita.
    Yeah I know.
    I'm more intersted in Persona Q than Persona 5 at this point.
    Not looking for anything right now thanks to Kybosh and Lion Demon their great people .

Basically, Pokémon only "play" with other 'mon they want to/can bang. Pokémon are just powerful animal-like frat boys: they're all about fighting, showing off & humping.

To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Anyone play the Digital Devil Saga games? I picked up both, and am up to final boss in the first one.

It's a pretty solidly constructed game all the way through, and quite possibly the only game I've ever played where the games production value seems to increase as the game goes along.(as opposed to many RPG's that throw all of their cinematic money at a 5 minute intro with 500 ft robots destroying the earth or what have you)

My ONLY gripe is literally a single move, "Gate of Hell". It can actually turn every member of your party to stone, and in a game where enemies get pre-emptive strikes like 50% of the time...yeah. I've had three game overs before I could even press a button already lol
    ----------------------------------

I would do unspeakable things to get both the DDS games on handhelds
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    I would do unspeakable things to get both the DDS games on handhelds
    They would be nice handheld games wouldn't they? The save points are so strategically placed it would be easy to play for short intervals of time(well, short among rpg players).

On a side-note, I just completed the first one, and maybe I got a bad ending...but that ending was terrible lol. It answered absolutely nothing. If I didn't have the second game handy I would be pretty darn irate.
    ----------------------------------

Hi smt fans im new on serbii forums . I'll just start of by joing the most recent topic. I haven't played any of the dds games but currently I'm slowly get through nocturne and after that i want to try the devil summoner?( raidou) games. Also what is dds like? I heard that you dont collect demons like most other smt games

Quote Originally Posted by greenbaboon View Post
    Also what is dds like? I heard that you dont collect demons like most other smt games
    Instead of collecting demons your characters become demons during combat and you gain new abilities through a system known as the Mantra. You can select from many different Mantras and they change what abilities you and your party members obtain. There's some other touches to the regular SMT gameplay that make the gameplay much better imo so it's worth playing if you liked Nocturne.

The original SMT is coming to iOS devices.

Rev up those demon summoning programs, because I sure am ready to negotiate!
    Last edited by Excitable Boy; 28th February 2014 at 1:16 AM.

Y'know, something I'd love to see would be for ATLUS to release Persona 2: Eternal Punishment on the Nintendo E-Shop for the 3DS. I mean, the 3DS could surely handle running it, right?
    Y FC: 2208-5773-1491
    Safari: Flying with Woobat, Farfetch'd and Hawlucha

I now have the Friend Safaris I've been looking for, so PM me if you want me to add you. If your Safari peaks my interest, I'll add you.

Current Y Shinies: Skrelp, Cacturne, Teddiursa, Avalugg, Blastoise, Mienfoo, Grumpig, Fraxure (x2) , Minccino, Greninja, Lucario, Fletchinder, Vaporeon, Delphox, Dragonair, Dedenne, Luxio

Shinies transferred from Black 2: Entei, Milotic, Dialga, Raikou, Pichu, Seaking, Typhlosion (French), Magmortar, Espeon, Haxorus, Gible, Salamence, Giratina

Shinies from trades: Ninetails (Nicknamed Lady), Eevee (now a Leafeon), Eevee (from Unova, Lv. 15, caught in Masterball, not sure if hacked or not)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreaterLucario View Post
    Y'know, something I'd love to see would be for ATLUS to release Persona 2: Eternal Punishment on the Nintendo E-Shop for the 3DS. I mean, the 3DS could surely handle running it, right?
    I think it can.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon trainer Black View Post
    I think it can.
    I thought so. Who else (besides me, of course) would be willing to shell out the money to have P2: EP on their 3DS?

I now have the Friend Safaris I've been looking for, so PM me if you want me to add you. If your Safari peaks my interest, I'll add you.

Current Y Shinies: Skrelp, Cacturne, Teddiursa, Avalugg, Blastoise, Mienfoo, Grumpig, Fraxure (x2) , Minccino, Greninja, Lucario, Fletchinder, Vaporeon, Delphox, Dragonair, Dedenne, Luxio

Shinies transferred from Black 2: Entei, Milotic, Dialga, Raikou, Pichu, Seaking, Typhlosion (French), Magmortar, Espeon, Haxorus, Gible, Salamence, Giratina

Shinies from trades: Ninetails (Nicknamed Lady), Eevee (now a Leafeon), Eevee (from Unova, Lv. 15, caught in Masterball, not sure if hacked or not)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreaterLucario View Post
    I thought so. Who else (besides me, of course) would be willing to shell out the money to have P2: EP on their 3DS?
    As long as the first episode is also there. Unfortunately, I don't see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    As long as the first episode is also there. Unfortunately, I don't see it happening.
    Yeah, sadly...

So does anyone want any specific members of Persona 3 and 4 on their team in Persona Q?

I also heard you don't have to have the protags on your team in this one.

Hey, can anyone tell me which ending path in SMT: Nocturne gives me which demons?

My favorite series of all time...although Metal Gear Solid comes close

So here's something I've been thinking about for awhile when Persona 5 comes out do you guys think I will get it's own anime and or other forms of media like Persona 3 and 4?

Most likely.
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

I lowered my expectations. I knew there wasn't going to be anything gaming related, let alone P5 news. Still, they're bringing Marie
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

Impressive how they’re now thinking outside the box in regards to taking advantage of Persona 4's popularity. I mean, I love SMT and Persona, but still, it's peculiar how they chose remaking the anime over releasing an ova.
    MyAnimeList | Tumblr
    < - (Not bad for a first attempt at a banner eh? banner's mine)

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast