Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin Megami Tensei Thread

Damn. According to my 3DS it took me 50 hours to complete my first playthrough of DS2. In comparison, it took me 100 hours to get all 5 of DSO's endings + 8th days. I suppose all of the grinding/Game Overs/soft resets add up. Let me tell you, the game is extremely difficult until you get Holy Dance/Phys Repel/Anti-Most. Then it's just broken. I found every DS1 boss but Jezebel and Babel to be easy, but all of the Septentriones until Mizar were insane.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    Damn. According to my 3DS it took me 50 hours to complete my first playthrough of DS2. In comparison, it took me 100 hours to get all 5 of DSO's endings + 8th days. I suppose all of the grinding/Game Overs/soft resets add up. Let me tell you, the game is extremely difficult until you get Holy Dance/Phys Repel/Anti-Most. Then it's just broken. I found every DS1 boss but Jezebel and Babel to be easy, but all of the Septentriones until Mizar were insane.
    Here's the ultimate combo of race skills:

Spoiler:- Combo:

*Sitting here wanting another 3DS Shin Megami game... huh Valkryie Profile popped up in my head. Square should work on that instead of FF.

Yes. I reached the True Ending in Devil Survivor 2.

It was...so beautiful... ;D

"For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by wiiboychris View Post
    Awesome news! Even though I already just watched the series subbed I was hoping that I could watch it dubbed too.

Is their perhaps another 3DS SMT game in the works?

Quote Originally Posted by arceus7 View Post
    Is their perhaps another 3DS SMT game in the works?
    There's two more. A generic SMT game (possibly SMT5 or a new spin-off) and some sort of Persona game. Whether Persona 3DS is a port, spin-off, or original game is yet to be seen.

Ugh... Im need to get to work...
    RE:Revelations,Fire Emblem Kakusei(hoping for the limited edition 3DS package,ProjectCross zone and KH3D arent gonna pay for themselves.

I'm glad it's an obscure SMT game that we never got in North America. Also, according to Wikipedia:

When the PlayStation version was released, Atlus USA was considering bringing Soul Hackers to North America, but they were denied by Sony Computer Entertainment America.
    Dammmmmn Sony.

Anyway, I'm hoping that Persona 3DS is an original game (maybe a Persona x Devil Survivor Strategy RPG or something). I love a good remake, but 3/3 3DS SMT games being remakes is a bit sad.

Funny considering Soul Hackers was also on the Saturn. So why they didn't opt to release that version is beyo-oh wait. Bernie Stolar. Never mind. SPEAKING OF SCEA SAYING "NO" TO RPGs, it's funny how they originally said "no" to Alundra while Bernie was in charge and then changed their minds once he left and Final Fantasy VII was a major hit. Then again, SCEA has its retard moments, like saying "no" to Breath of Fire III's PSP port being released in NA, but giving the okay for Breath of Fire IV on PSN. Same deal with Tales of Eternia on the PSP, though both it and BoFIII's PSP ports ended up getting released in Europe.

As for them being remakes, I don't really mind. All 4 of the PSP Persona games were remakes/ports of previous Persona titles, with ANOTHER coming to Vita. At the very least, Soul Hackers has a much better chance of coming here now than it did back in the days. That and it would effectively kill all need to wait for the god awfully slow fan translation.

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Here's the English How to Play video for P4: Arena.

Despite Atlus' best efforts, Dave Wittenberg couldn't make it as Teddie. Is it Sam Riegel?
    Last edited by AuraChannelerChris; 1st May 2012 at 8:22 PM.

Screw Kotaku!

But anyway, yayz, I guess. I don't have a Vita and this won't make me buy one.

We're surely going to have to endure not having Teddie's and Chie's(?) VAs for this remake.

Wow, that's a totally unexpected announcement. I can't believe Atlus would tap a cash cow like that.

Anyway, it's good that the Vita is getting something. Disgaea 3 and Gravity Rush were the only games in 2012 that really interested me before P4G was announced.

Confirmed for buying a Vita this fall. Now all we need is an actual confirmation about the voice actors for the anime and not just Sentai claiming they did but didn't.

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

I was just recently introduced to the SMT games, when my friend let me borrow his Devil Survivor Overclocked for 2 weeks.

I finished it in a week. And then I beat it again.

Only reason why I would ever think about buying a Vita in the near future.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

I was at my friend's house and I tried Persona 4 for the first time ever. She was rescuing Kanji in the bathhouse and even though her team was severely underlevelled I still had a blast playing.

playing strange jounrey right now. i just wish the characters blinked or something.

Thanks to Raden Surya for the animation
    its been a few years is he still around?
    MyAnime List
    pokemon white fc: 3568-2258-6080
    I'm looking for some good jrpg games for ps2, message me if you have any good suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Arahabaki View Post
    playing strange jounrey right now. i just wish the characters blinked or something.
    They were able to add a bunch of demons with animated sprites, but all of the main characters had static artwork. Sort of a let down after playing Persona/Devil Survivor, but I guess it emphasizes how it's a hardcore SMT game.

Recently bought DS2 cause I loved DSO.

I was slightly disappointed, the free battle system is horrible and I dislike the new add-on system, I would much rather have the Magetite system back. That aside, it's a great game.

Just a quick question, did Drain get nerfed in DS2? Cause I remember bulldozing through battles by giving my MC drain and in this game, it doesn't seem as effective.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast