Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin Megami Tensei Thread

I think MP moves got nerfed in general. Physical is a lot better this time around. Jungo is a powerhouse with Deathbound and Pierce.

I'm personally not a fan of the abstract artwork for the newer Persona games. I prefer the gritty 90s cyberpunk look that the older SMT games had, but the series obviously has to grow and Persona 4 is still an excellent game. I would love for Persona 5 to be like if.../P1/P2 though. Persona 4 fans will be upset that it's not otaku enough, but they'd also be angry if it was a clone of Persona 4. So either way ATLUS loses.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    It looks marvelous if it wasn't a Persona game.

But it's a Persona game. Also, the characters dancing (with Yosuke playfully playing with his trashcan)? All that crazy kaleidoscope sequences made it look like a Nico Nico Douga video.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

i wish persona 3 got all this attention. that game seriously changed my life.

Thanks to Raden Surya for the animation
    its been a few years is he still around?
    MyAnime List
    pokemon white fc: 3568-2258-6080
    I'm looking for some good jrpg games for ps2, message me if you have any good suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Arahabaki View Post
    i wish persona 3 got all this attention. that game seriously changed my life.
    Persona 3 was the more popular game when Persona 4 came out, 4 is only getting a lot attention 3-4 years later because a bunch of Johnny come latelies apparently just dicovered the game years after it was originally released. Partially because of all the tie ins in Japan I am guessing.

Yes I am going to be a little snide, because even though Persona 4 is my favorite game ever, the amount of hype its gotten lately is serious overkill.
    Last edited by Zazie; 27th May 2012 at 7:01 AM.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Eye View Post
    Persona 3 was the more popular game when Persona 4 came out, 4 is only getting a lot attention 3-4 years later because a bunch of Johnny come latelies apparently just dicovered the game years after it was originally released. Partially because of all the tie ins in Japan I am guessing.

Yes I am going to be a little snide, because even though Persona 4 is my favorite game ever, the amount of hype its gotten lately is serious overkill.
    Be as snide as you want. It's basically true. But perhaps because I wasn't paying attention at the time, it seems like P3 didn't quite hit the same level of fan orgasms per second as P4 does...
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

I've been really liking the series a ton. I've been playing the PSP remake of Persona, and I recently just bought Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs The Soulless Army, for only $26 =D I pretty much have all the US released games, except for Persona 4 and the Digital Devil Saga games. I'm holding off on the DDS games until they're released on PSN (at least, in the UK. Just gonna make a UK account >.>), and I'm saving up for a Vita just for the Persona 4 remake. I've been kinda obsessed with the series, I even made a site where I update with the latest news SMT news named Megidoladyne o_O
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 4339-2697-2470

Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Persona 4 gets even more media attention. I don't even care anymore.

Devil Survivor gets a manga adaption? That I can get behind. The only question is... which ending should they follow? I personally would say the Overclocked Good Yuzu ending. That's my favorite, at any rate. But it skips a lot of elements featured in the other endings, like Jezebel/Babel. If they go for one of the King of Bel endings, they should go with the Haru ending.

Now I really want a DeSu Anime.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    Devil Survivor gets a manga adaption? That I can get behind. The only question is... which ending should they follow? I personally would say the Overclocked Good Yuzu ending. That's my favorite, at any rate. But it skips a lot of elements featured in the other endings, like Jezebel/Babel. If they go for one of the King of Bel endings, they should go with the Haru ending.
    I dunno, the Haru ending is good, but personally, I prefer the Naoya ending, while going the good route for the Overclocked, much better in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRecon View Post
    I dunno, the Haru ending is good, but personally, I prefer the Naoya ending, while going the good route for the Overclocked, much better in my opinion.
    The thing about Naoya's is that it's too similar to Amane's. I can't see them doing one and not the other. Yuzu's, Atsuro's, and Haru's are all pretty different from each other. And Atsuro's is out of the picture because the manga is probably going to     Spoiler:- death no one cares about:

The thing about Naoya's is that it's too similar to Amane's. I can't see them doing one and not the other. Yuzu's, Atsuro's, and Haru's are all pretty different from each other. And Atsuro's is out of the picture because the manga is probably going to     Spoiler:- death no one cares about:
        Spoiler:- However:

Edit: Rumor: SMT 4 coming to 3DS. Go nuts.
    Last edited by Recon; 30th May 2012 at 1:03 AM.

I'm glad ATLUS has built such a strong relationship with Nintendo. DeSu:O, DS:SH, the enigmatic Persona 3DS, and now SMT4. All excellent JRPGs for the 3DS. It reminds me of ATLUS and the PS2 a decade ago.

I'm glad ATLUS has built such a strong relationship with Nintendo. DeSu:O, DS:SH, the enigmatic Persona 3DS, and now SMT4. All excellent JRPGs for the 3DS. It reminds me of ATLUS and the PS2 a decade ago.
    And a very good move on their part. They've been milking P4 a lot lately, just like they did with P3.

Hate to burst your bubble, but let me remind it's only a rumor, meaning its currently unconfirmed, but it would be nice to see that this rumor turns out to be true.

Hate to burst your bubble, but let me remind it's only a rumor, meaning its currently unconfirmed, but it would be nice to see that this rumor turns out to be true.
    It's now confirmed to be true. With ominous-looking concept art.

NO! I won't go back to support the P4 milking!

Soul Hackers' new OP is really catchy. I was hesitant about the whole J-pop thing, but it was tastefully done.

A SMT4 trailer will be included with Soul Hackers, so it's definitely going to sell a lot more than Eternal Punishment did. I hope that entices them to port If... to the 3DS, and maybe the original SMT games as well (they also received PS1 remakes that would look fine on the 3DS).

i feel that atlus hit gold with the devil survivor games.
    i lost my copy of devil surivor 2 when i was on my 5th playthrough. fml.
    if they made a DeSu2 anime, i'd probably go to japan and throw gold at them.

Thanks to Raden Surya for the animation
    its been a few years is he still around?
    MyAnime List
    pokemon white fc: 3568-2258-6080
    I'm looking for some good jrpg games for ps2, message me if you have any good suggestions.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/06/29...ami-tensei-iv/

Little bit of interesting news during this dry spell of upcoming SMT game info.

So... You guys heard about the Persona 4 adult film? ;>.> I can't believe they made that.
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 4339-2697-2470

A very shocking fact: Persona 4: Arena flat-out outsold all major fighting games in its opening week.

Suck it, Capcom!

Also, the sales:

PS3 version - 128,485.

Xbox 360 version - 9,801

They keep updating the SMT4 site with new music. They added remixes of the SMT1, SMT2, and Nocturne openings, as well as a remix of SMT1's glorious Law theme (that they recently took down).

I am so hyped for SMT4. This game could end up becoming the defining JRPG of the 3DS. I imagine it will be massive. And also very difficult. The teaser image is interesting because it shows two worlds, one of them being a peaceful medieval-looking place and the other one being your typical post-apocalyptic Tokyo. I'm guessing this game will have a gimmick where there are two worlds. Either they are parallel universes, or the medieval-looking world takes place in the future. Again, I'm hyped.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast