Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin Megami Tensei Thread

Hey, TheGreaterLucario here. And WOW. A retro used-game store (within walking distance from my house!) has 2 copies of SMT: Persona 2- Eternal Punishment (PSX) in stock! I should be able to get it either tomorrow or Tuesday.

To quote Luigi: "Lucky me!"

So uh, is there a chance of there being a Devil Survivor 2 Over-clocked? I kind of sold my copy so I could buy P4G and I really want to replay DS2. I'm aware of the new anime for it and I'm kind of hoping there will be a Over-clocked version.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    So uh, is there a chance of there being a Devil Survivor 2 Over-clocked? I kind of sold my copy so I could buy P4G and I really want to replay DS2. I'm aware of the new anime for it and I'm kind of hoping there will be a Over-clocked version.
    There are only rumors about such a thing existing. Atlus is hinting at another DeSu 2 project for now.

I am definitely looking foward to Soul Hackers, as it will help quench my appetite for Persona 5... Whenever that game will be released. Thank goodness I know some tidbits on the game.
    Hall of Fame Gallery (Will update this as I try to find my old cartridges -which likely need to be replayed or have to buy new ones- and finish the Gen IV and after Pokemon games)
    ---------------------------
    Blue
    Trainer name: Camvzqy (I WAS 6 BACK THEN SO I ****ED AROUND WITH THE NAME! ;-; )

Silver
    Trainer Name: Xavier

--------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    ATLUS announced in an investor report that there would be a new DeSu 2 game this year. Whether it's a port, remake, sequel, or spin-off is unclear, but I'd say Overclocked 2 is extremely likely at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Amethyst View Post
    I am definitely looking foward to Soul Hackers, as it will help quench my appetite for Persona 5... Whenever that game will be released. Thank goodness I know some tidbits on the game.
    You know, I hope Persona 5 goes back to being like Persona 1 and Persona 2.

In other news, We may be seeing a PSN release of Persona 2: Eternal Punishment. The PSX version.

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsis...searchkeyword=
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 4339-2697-2470

Three more DeSu2 videos featuring the three main characters.

Seems like this is gonna be similar to the manga that a was released for this as well.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

I'm WAY too hyped for this. I don't think I'll make it to April. Give it to me now!

My 3DS FC: 3351-4281-5654. Message me if you want to fight in Smash or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragard View Post
    The thing about MegaTen spinoffs is that they start off similar to the main Shin Megami Tensei games, but with each iteration they become more distant from the core series. So I imagine Persona 5 will be even more of a weeaboo magnet than Persona 4.

But I don't really mind experimentation because MegaTen's core series has stayed pretty much the same since the 90s. If only Square Enix did what ATLUS did and released their MMOs and experimental games as spin-offs instead of numbered titles (poor Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest).

Quote Originally Posted by Dragard View Post

In other news, We may be seeing a PSN release of Persona 2: Eternal Punishment. The PSX version.

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsis...searchkeyword=
    http://www.atlus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10036

Well you can judge for yourself if they are indeed going back to the days of P1 and P2 o:
    Hall of Fame Gallery (Will update this as I try to find my old cartridges -which likely need to be replayed or have to buy new ones- and finish the Gen IV and after Pokemon games)
    ---------------------------
    Blue
    Trainer name: Camvzqy (I WAS 6 BACK THEN SO I ****ED AROUND WITH THE NAME! ;-; )

Silver
    Trainer Name: Xavier

--------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Amethyst View Post
    http://www.atlus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10036

Well you can judge for yourself if they are indeed going back to the days of P1 and P2 o:
    I am pretty sure it is said in the thread itself that it isn't the game being made by atlus.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Absolutely stunning. Best box art the DS family has had by far. I like how the box art is a perfect representation of what Shin Megami Tensei is.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    I like how the box art is a perfect representation of what Shin Megami Tensei is.
    Bad haircuts?

But seriously I think you probably mean the whole law chaos choices and demons aligned with each side, which is represented on the box art quite well.

Watch me tumble stuff:

Hey, I kind of like Walter's haircut. I don't like how he's Chaos-aligned though, and I don't like how they made Chaos look evil and Law look good. I was hoping they'd make Walter Law to show that Law can be full of douchebags too. And I was hoping that the girl would be the Chaos Hero since the last Law Hero was female.

Anyway, this is coming out in May, so chances are we're going to be getting this in North America in 2013. I think it's safe to say that Europe will have to wait until 2014 though. I'm also interested in the Devil Survivor 2 game that's coming. Overclocked 1 was released in North America before it was released in Japan, so it's possible that we could have another simultaneous release on our hands (DeSu 2 is already translated so all ATLUS really needs to do is record voices and translate the new content). We could potentially have three Shin Megami Tensei games released for the 3DS in North America in 2013.

How "SMT" is Persona considered these days? This was just announced for the European launch of P4G. I can safely say that I want ten. Dat quality.

As a side note, is it bad I'm more interested in the Devil Summoner game than SMT4? Mainline SMT games have never been as exciting to me as the spin-offs. >_<

I'm not all that familiar with the SMT series of games myself. I own both devil survivor (or summoner it may be, not really sure what the difference is there...) 1 and 2, though I stopped playing 2 after the first day as I hadn't finished 1. I'm stuck on Jezebel. That [insert profanity here] is [insert more profanity here] hard! I read an online guide that says "Use fire repel on your main hero" but what good does that do if you don't have fire repel? I could use a little help with the fight, but other than that the two games are great.

Credit goes to Lucina Archaelis

Devil Survivor 2: Break Code apparently leaked on Japanese forums. It's the 3DS upgraded version of DeSu2 that we all knew was coming.

Devil Survivor 2: Break Code apparently leaked on Japanese forums. It's the 3DS upgraded version of DeSu2 that we all knew was coming.
    Well there's my answer. I guess I'll hold of and buy this version.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

2 hasn't even been released here yet, and overclocked is next month. Hopefully it makes it here by mid 2014, cause it seems interesting enough. I also have to say I love the visible equipment of SMTIV, looks like it could a fun thing to do, considering how it also alters stats.
    BLAH

And now Miyako has a chance of appearing in DeSu 2.

For those who don't know, Yamato has a younger twin sister. That's her, but she has no artwork.

I hope they don't publish 2 in Europe. It would be such a waste to release a non-region locked game with a region locked remake on the way.

I hope they don't publish 2 in Europe. It would be such a waste to release a non-region locked game with a region locked remake on the way.
    2 has been delayed for that exact reason most likely.
    BLAH

So they are selling the same game again, and justifying it with an entire other game tacked on, in additiont o whatever other additions are being made ?

That actually doesn't sound too bad as far as updated rereleases go.

Watch me tumble stuff:

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast