Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin Megami Tensei Thread

Yeah I want to get Soul Hackers. Looks fun

Sentai Filmworks is giving us Devil Survivor 2: The Animation later this year in North America.

You know, same people who did it for Persona 4: The Animation.
    Last edited by AuraChannelerChris; 18th April 2013 at 11:15 PM.

I wonder what ATLUS has in store for the SMT series. We have SMT 4, Break Record, and SMT x FE in the upcoming future.

I'm thinking that they'll remake one of the older SMT games using the 3DS Etrian Odyssey engine. Either the first two SMT games, or Strange Journey.

They also have the SMT 4 engine to work with, so expect some 3DS original spin-offs in the future (like DDS after Nocturne). ATLUS is known for pumping out a lot of sequels once they have an engine and assets to work with. Strange Journey probably wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for the Etrian Odyssey engine it was made with, for example.

Persona 3 may be rereleased for a third time since there's movies. It would probably be for the Vita, though it wouldn't surprise me if an updated version of P3P arrived on the 3DS.

Devil Survivor 3 is just as inevitable as Persona 5. In fact, I am absolutely certain that we'll get DeSu3 before P5. I'm expecting an announcement sometime this year, or next year at the latest. It'll be for the 3DS and will have a lot more content than past DeSu games, but the graphics will still be just as lazy.

Isn't there still an unspecified persona game still announced for 3DS? Perhaps that might use the SMT 4 engine. I just hope it doesn't end up being a remake of Persona 3, all the rereleases are wearing a bit thin and we already got 3 different Persona 3 releases in the west.

Also I am a bit surprised Devil Survivor is apprently doing so well. The first game seemed to be ignored when it came out. (in the U.S. anyway, it probably did well in Japan)

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

The Persona games are generally on Sony platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by DeoxysTrainer View Post
    The Persona games are generally on Sony platforms.
    Yeah but at E3 2010 Persona was listed as a upcoming game for 3DS. However it might off just been a placeholder for Soul Hackers I suppose. Maybe E3 made a mistake and put it as Persona.

On an unrelated note, your signature is horrifying XD

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMelody View Post
    Yeah but at E3 2010 Persona was listed as a upcoming game for 3DS. However it might off just been a placeholder for Soul Hackers I suppose. Maybe E3 made a mistake and put it as Persona.

On an unrelated note, your signature is horrifying XD
    ....Actually, I think that the thing in her sig is one of the Personae from Persona 2: EP. .....I don't remember which.... one of the Death Arcana. That's all I can remember about it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreaterLucario View Post
    ....Actually, I think that the thing in her sig is one of the Personae from Persona 2: EP. .....I don't remember which.... one of the Death Arcana. That's all I can remember about it.
    You're completely off

It's from the movie Rebuild of Evangelion 1.01/1.11: You Are (Not) Alone

Yay for useless knowledge I have
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Zazie View Post
    Also I am a bit surprised Devil Survivor is apprently doing so well. The first game seemed to be ignored when it came out. (in the U.S. anyway, it probably did well in Japan)
    It's because it got a low print run and then, not long after, the 3DS port came out.

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

The game's out and plot spoilers are starting to pop up. We finally know who Lucifer's pretending to be this time.

Spoiler:- endgame plot-twist:

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    The game's out and plot spoilers are starting to pop up. We finally know who Lucifer's pretending to be this time.

Spoiler:- endgame plot-twist:
    I had a feeling it would be this person. Just seemed too normal to me when it was revealed.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Remember DS2: Break Record? It's been delayed once more till next year.

Europeans can now buy the DS version without feeling cheated out!

Wow has it been awhile since I've posted in this thread. TBH, I think it might be interesting if they made something like a Shin Megami Tensei version of Project X-Zone. .....Except with Persona-style combat, of course. ....Lol, I can almost see it now how Midori would react to some of the other, non-Devil-Survivor-present Personae.... (ESPECIALLY the one that looks like a p*** chariot.)

All of SMT IV's DLC has been discounted for 25% off till Nov. 11th.

Persona 5 announcement incoming!

https://twitter.com/Keyixa/status/40...801024/photo/1

Live from Japan, displayed on a large TV screen. Atlus is doing a big event for this announcement and is planning to use many large TV screens near train stations to display their announcement at 8:00 pm, November 24th. (in about 9 hours.)

Well. Seems like Persona 5 was finally announced! About time if you ask me!
    That and PQ seems like a nice amount of fun while I wait for more Persona main series goodness.

About other stuff SMT related, we still have heard nothing else about the SMT x FE project. I wonder what Atlus and Nintendo may be cooking for us...
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...

And womanizer, of course!

-------------------
    So earlier today, Atlus announced four games through a stream:

Persona Q: Shadow of the Labryrinth | Teaser| Official Website
    Quote Originally Posted by Megami Tensei Wiki
    Persona Q: Shadow of the Labryinth' (ペルソナQ シャドウ オブ ザ ラビリンス) is a crossover RPG between Persona 3 and Persona 4 on the 3DS. The graphic user interface in battle and the deformed character redesign appears to be done by the development team of Etrian Odyssey series.
    Persona 4: The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold (console version, I think) | Teaser | Official Website
    This story continues after the events in Persona 4 Arena. A few days after P4A, a new tournament pops up on the Midnight Channel called the P-1 Climax. A bizarre red fog covers the streets of Inaba and an image of a figure that looks like Mitsuru, Aigis and Akihiko being crucified is shown on TV. The Shadow Operatives and the Investigation Team work together to figure out what’s going on behind the new tournament.
    Persona 4: Project Diva Dancing All Night (PSVita) | Teaser | Official Website
    Persona 4: Dancing All Night (ペルソナ4 ダンシングオールナイト) or P4D is a rhythm game for the PlayStation Vita developed by Atlus and Dingo. Features remix of the soundtrack and dancing characters from Persona 4.
    And of course, announced right near the end:

Persona 5 | Teaser | Official Website
    A special program was streamed by Atlus on November 24, 2013. After the announcements for Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth and Persona 4: Dancing All Night, a countdown appeared starting from 55:555 followed by a teaser trailed in red, showing 5 chairs with a chain bound to each one. The text shown was 'You are slave. Want emancipation?'.

Afterwards, the release date was shown along with the platform it will get released on, Winter 2014 on PlayStation 3.
    Red colour scheme (just like Persona 2 Innocent Sin) and "You are slave. Want emancipation?" as the tagline = Another dark Persona game, sweet.
    Last edited by Pyrax; 24th November 2013 at 3:11 PM. Reason: oh, right, yeah
    MyAnimeList | Tumblr
    < - (Not bad for a first attempt at a banner eh? banner's mine)

More excited for Q than 5 actually. Maybe because Q is sooner and we actually know something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrax View Post
    Speaking of FE X SMT, it's kinda odd, yet interesting how they're so secretive about it, considering it was announced ages ago all we know is that it's in development.
    I don't find it odd. It was obviously in VERY early development and had no chance of coming out till 2014 (which is the year nintendo said they will veer more away from the casual games and focus on games like X, Bayonetta 2, and smash bros).
    Last edited by diakyu; 24th November 2013 at 3:09 PM.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Hm on persona Q.. I not sure what to think, on the one hand I love a new rpg to come to the 3ds, on the other I'm not sure why the persona 3 main is alive.

Hm on the new persona fighting game, well loved the last one, hope this one is just as good. edit though I do wonder why takaba is wearing a pink power ranger costume... maybe the theory of personas eventually give you insane fasion sensabilites are not that far off.

Persona dance thing....okay I thinking that's something ameria is not getting....actually I hope we get any of these games in america.
    Last edited by Griever789; 24th November 2013 at 4:00 PM.

A Persona game on a 3DS? That was sure surprising.

And Shoji Meguro music in it while making dream teams possible with two different parties? I'm sold.

I'm really glad that Persona 5 seems to be going in a dark direction. I love Persona 4, but it's basically Scooby Doo with murders, and it's nice to see the series go back to the mood that was in the earlier games.

Star-Lord

Goddamnit. There goes the rest of my money

I just ordered Persona 4 Arena, so I could play at least another one of the 4, but I have little interest in the dancing game

I hope the rest of us get most of those games soon after they're released in Japan, like they've been doing recently with Atlus games

Quote Originally Posted by Moogles View Post
    I'm really glad that Persona 5 seems to be going in a dark direction. I love Persona 4, but it's basically Scooby Doo with murders, and it's nice to see the series go back to the mood that was in the earlier games.
    I think they were doing some sort of set up in Persona 4. They introduced us to the Shadow World, which could be bigger than it seems. But I could totally wrong. But it was nice seeing a light hearted SMT game in general. We don't have a lot of those.

And it seems to be going to a darker side again at least, if you just look at the colors of 3-5

3-had mostly a dark blue/dark green theme, rather dark, right?

4-yellow, really bright themes and stuff, right? A lot of hope as a result, right?

5- So far red, crimson to be exact, right? Crimson=blood, seems to be pointing to dark, too.

And then the slavery theme, which looks to be really interesting, since we don't see a lot of that in games.
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Griever789 View Post
    Hm on persona Q.. I not sure what to think, on the one hand I love a new rpg to come to the 3ds, on the other I'm not sure why the persona 3 main is alive.
        Spoiler:- spoilerish speculation:

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast