Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anybody know of a chess anime?

Quote Originally Posted by jb08045 View Post
    Umineko was awesome. You guys clearly never even looked at VN's.
    No, but so what? A bad anime isn't good just because it has good source material. If anything, doesn't that make it kinda worse?
    Done here.

Hmm, this is probably the wrong thread to ask, but wasn't there an animu where famous world leaders like Hitler and Dubya Bush duked it out in games of Mahjong? I wanna know the name of it, s'all.

"History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake."

Quote Originally Posted by themightydoof View Post
    No, but so what? A bad anime isn't good just because it has good source material. If anything, doesn't that make it kinda worse?
    The point is that the VN is better than the anime, full stop, and you should play that instead. I won't argue the anime was watered-down and really only for people who had already played the VN who wanted to see it all animated, but... yeah, it should actually be experienced VN first for maximum enjoyment, technically. :T

SHINY RAINBOWS BECKON YOU TO THE ARTIST'S CORNER

Trainer Name: Misha
    3DS FC: 5112-3720-5938
    Friend Safari: Fighting; Pancham, Machoke, Hariyama

Quote Originally Posted by themightydoof View Post
    Asuka has pretty much got it. I see a lot of people who don't like Umineko just for the simple fact that thay can't understand it like Higurashi. Playing the VN's fleshes out the story a bit and helps understand what's going on in the anime.

Way too many people(mosty english speaking) went into Umineko thinking it would be all, MURDER and DISMEMBERMENT. and ignoring the fact that it is a psychological thriller. So since they didn't really understand it, they say it's boring, compare it to Higurashi and say it sucks.

I mean sure, Higurashi was better but Umineko is still very good at what's it's doing.

Asuka has pretty much got it. I see a lot of people who don't like Umineko just for the simple fact that thay can't understand it like Higurashi. Playing the VN's fleshes out the story a bit and helps understand what's going on in the anime.

Way too many people(mosty english speaking) went into Umineko thinking it would be all, MURDER and DISMEMBERMENT. and ignoring the fact that it is a psychological thriller. So since they didn't really understand it, they say it's boring, compare it to Higurashi and say it sucks.

I mean sure, Higurashi was better but Umineko is still very good at what's it's doing.
    I think one of the real problems was that it was trying to replicate Higurashi's style in what was fundamentally a very different kind of story. It was all MURDER and DISMEMBERMENT but in this case it didn't really work.
    Done here.

Quote Originally Posted by Elice_Carol View Post
    Hmm, this is probably the wrong thread to ask, but wasn't there an animu where famous world leaders like Hitler and Dubya Bush duked it out in games of Mahjong? I wanna know the name of it, s'all.
    I'm pretty sure that was either a flash or a comic strip. There's probably no animu adaptation sadly.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Wasn't that The Legend of Koizumi?

Epic stuff right there.

Yeah that's it. Should be dubbed and brought over. It's too epic not to.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca R. View Post
    Let's not reccomend Code Geass in a chess thread.
    Let's not recommend Code Geass at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    Why would you want to watch a chess anime anyways?
    Because it would be epic as ****.

But I'm also a bit of a nerd, so.

Umineko was awesome. You guys clearly never even looked at VN's.
    >Alternate Anime

Quote Originally Posted by Mariya Shidou View Post
    >Alternate Anime
    Still stands, not like VN's are much of a game than interactive cutscenes anyway.

Still stands, not like VN's are much of a game than interactive cutscenes anyway.
    Everyone should go out and play the VNs for anime VN anime adaption they have seen, that way they can see **** happen that never would have happened in the anime. Especially School Days, and the follow up Summer Days, at least that way after people follow the Kokoro route all the over the top Makoto hate would at least have a little bit of justification behind it.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12