Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: An Amazing Aerial Battle! (729)

Quote Originally Posted by Elekible-Kid View Post
    Did you also hear Wing Attack?

Wouldn't be the first time a pokemon learned something it couldn't in the games.
    I didn't hear anything :P Too blurry a soundfeed.. And I missed half of Unfezant vs. Swanna, so I'll have to rewatch most of it.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Unfezant has Aerial Ace not Sky Attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Elekible-Kid View Post
    I know supposedly it can't learn it in game, but I clearly heard Ash say つばさでうつ/tsubasa de utsu/Wing Attack.

The final one sounded like Aerial Ace….no Sky Attack for her…..
    I am not sure about the Swoobat battle since I missed it but Unfezant definitely knocked Swanna off with an Aerial Ace, i.e Tsubame Gaeshi.

This gym was good, but not 'Clay' good.

And what about the first battle....fooled us all! It's definitely gonna be Tranquill vs Unzefant, we thought.

The part I liked most was Swoobat vs Krokorok. Looked like Ash was using his head. And what utter crap is that - aqua ring blocking electric attack?

I knew it would not happen, but I really wanted a male vs female unzefant battle. Guess Trip will bring that for us. We will see.

Quote Originally Posted by shac View Post
    This gym was good, but not 'Clay' good.

And what about the first battle....fooled us all! It's definitely gonna be Tranquill vs Unzefant, we thought.

The part I liked most was Swoobat vs Krokorok. Looked like Ash was using his head. And what utter crap is that - aqua ring blocking electric attack?

I knew it would not happen, but I really wanted a male vs female unzefant battle. Guess Trip will bring that for us. We will see.
    Actually it didn't fool everyone. I called that Swoobat vs Krokorok being the 1st matchup right after the original preview was shown.

Strangely, I got a few things correct - Krokorok going down, Swanna losing to Unfezant (which everyone got right), Pikachu defeating Unfezant, and Skyla predicting Ash would lose.

I definitely got the attacks for Tranquill/Unfezant wrong however...

Anybody catch the name of the white winged attack Tranquil used against Swoobat??
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!

Did Skyla's Unzefant use Substitute when Pika first used E-ball on him? It looked like the ball burst into Unzefant. The next scene was Unzefant airborne away from the black smoke cloud. Or did my stream trick me?

Unfezant vs Swanna reminded me of Pidgeot vs Fearow

The way Unfezant looked when it used Aerial Ace on Swanna...kinda like Pidgeot

Coincidence?

So Krokorok didn't learn Thunder Fang?

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 10 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
    So Krokorok didn't learn Thunder Fang?
    I don't think so, no. I think it was just Crunch.

Darn screenshot got my hopes up.

Anyway, I liked the gym battle, especially the last battle and Tranquill vs. Unfezant. I fought Ash's Unfezant's dodging skills were great in the last battle.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

I've been curious about this and I know it isn't the place to ask, but I don't know where to, is there a thread where we can speak in Japanese on these forums?

Saw the pictures so far.

So Krokorok vs Swoobat was first, darn confusing summary. I wanted Krokorok to lose but not the way it did, I wanted it to lose it's sunglasses and that be the cause of it's lose, oh well.

The rest of the match went as I predicted, Pikachu defeated Unfezant, and Tranquil got a win as a Tranquill and as an Unfezant. Unfezant only got Aerial Ace? If so then that's disappointing.

This wasn't as good as I wanted and thought it would be, I still enjoyed it, just got my expectation up for some stuff, oh well.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Pretty sweet battle. I'd just like to point out that this is by far the closest I have ever come to exactly predicting a Gym battle . . . up until the stupid preview threw me off. But prior to the preview, I did guess quite a few things right:

a. Krokorok losing to Swoobat.

b. Tranquill/Unfezant beating Swoobat and Swanna.

c. Tranquill/Unfezant learning Aerial Ace.

My only initially wrong prediction was that I guessed Pikachu would draw against Unfezant. I rock!
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

I'm watching the episode right now and all and I have to tell you, Hatobo uses Wing Attack. -.-;
    Just what are the writers thinking?! Man.

It's a good move for Hatobo since their Attack Stats are higher than their Special Attack, I'm hoping, and this might be wrong, but I'm guessing that they'll switch up the movesets on Pokemon White/Black 2, but it's still weird because Hatobo can't learn it in the current game.

Edit: For reference, "翼で打つ / tsubasa de utsu" literally translates to "strike with wing" or if one would put it as a simple attack translation "Wing Strike" even "Wing Attack" would work which is why it was probably dubbed to that...
    Still, why would it glow? Nevertheless, it was only used once, so who knows? Fushigidane/Bulbasaur used to be able to "blow things away," which is why the dubbers mistook it as Whirlwind. It's still upsetting in a way.

The matches were well animated, though.
    I thought it was well handled that Hatobo really was able to win because she dodged most of her opponents attack, she really was only hit 2 times, Fuuro's Kenhorou's attacks didn't hit her once, she was mainly tired because of flying. She was hit by Swanna's Hurricane as a Hatobo and a Brave Bird as a Kenhorou. Swanna on the other hand was hit more than 5 times.

I'm guessing she'll be Satoshi's speed Pokemon alongside Pikachu.

Those are my two cents. Good enough episode, way better than past Air Gym Battles.
    Last edited by Akaku; 1st March 2012 at 2:57 PM.

Maybe it was just a natural thing to use Wing Attack.Or maybe the writers gave us a little sneak peak of the moveset change in BW2

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    Maybe it was just a natural thing to use Wing Attack.Or maybe the writers gave us a little sneak peak of the moveset change in BW2
    i'm sure others are still trying to figure out what's going on regarding the "winged" attack.

So we still don't know Unfezant's ability...probably the only thing i'm angry about regarding this episode.

Better than Winona, but not as good as Falkner in terms of other flying gym matches after seeing it.

I thought her ability was Super Luck because that's the ability Pidove had from the Egg Giveaway?

Quote Originally Posted by Akaku View Post
    I thought her ability was Super Luck because that's the ability Pidove had from the Egg Giveaway?
    games=/=anime

until her ability is confirmed by mouth in the anime, she could have either one.

Either way, at least we know she has Aerial Ace now which is decent at least as far as moves go.
    Last edited by Almighty Zard; 1st March 2012 at 3:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Anybody catch the name of the white winged attack Tranquil used against Swoobat??
    Re-watched the episode, it's "Wing Attack" indeed.

Was that Wing Attack or Steel Wing...cause Tranquil can't have Wing Attack...and this isn't the first time the spoilers lied to us, taking about Tranquil vs Unfezant first, (a.k.a Pikachu). And Aerial Ace...come on
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Was that Wing Attack or Steel Wing...cause Tranquil can't have Wing Attack...and this isn't the first time the spoilers lied to us, taking about Tranquil vs Unfezant first, (a.k.a Pikachu). And Aerial Ace...come on
    Yes, I am aware of it. But I am pretty sure it's Wing Attack (Tsubasa de Utsu).

So Tranquill used Wing Attack despite not being able to(...For whatever reason it can't use it in the first place), odd. Maybe there was a mistake in the script or something, I looked on Bublapedia and it seems like it's happened before. Whatever, at less it has a more proper four moveset now:
    Air Cutter
    Wing Attack
    Quick Attack
    Aerial Ace

Still, wish it got Sky Attack/Razor Wind, and Roost. Oh well.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by adyniz View Post
    Yes, I am aware of it. But I am pretty sure it's Wing Attack (Tsubasa de Utsu).
    Oh, it wasn't meant as questioning, it was more me wondering why the writer's made a fluke for the first time since early Sinnoh.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know, here I thought Unfezant would have an awesome moveset after evolving...what we get is Air Cutter, Gust, Quick Attack, and Aerial Ace... reminiscent of Swellow's shallow move set :/ Guess the only thing going for this bird is it's female and it fully evolved even faster then Taillow did
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

I bet Chomper got a heart attack in this episode... xD

The chosen ones (for now)

Wow Wing Attack, maybe they'll add that move to Tranquill's move list in BW2.

I'm happy that the bird finally got her time to shine. Although Super Luck should have activated.

Random : PokéRadar

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast