Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: An Amazing Aerial Battle! (729)

Quote Originally Posted by Luthor View Post
    it was a good episode i enjoyed most of the battling between ash and skyla but i was dissapointed by the anime move error.Well hopefully there won't be any for a while.
    Mirror move is an annoying attack but it works.

Coolest Eevee evolution ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Luthor View Post
    it was a good episode i enjoyed most of the battling between ash and skyla but i was dissapointed by the anime move error.Well hopefully there won't be any for a while.
    Unfortunately there was also another error. She bragged about predicting Ash's moves, but she was wrong about Tranquill losing to Unfezant and didn't even think there would be a switch. Plus she said he'd rely on Pikachu in the end.

Who would've thought there'd be two different errors.
    "Heart + Determination + Perserverence = Success" ™

My Philosophical quote on goals and dreams.

That's not really an error though, it simply showed that Skyla was wrong and couldn't predict Ash's moves, it was just another way of showing Ash doesn't stick to tactics and has his own strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    That's not really an error though, it simply showed that Skyla was wrong and couldn't predict Ash's moves, it was just another way of showing Ash doesn't stick to tactics and has his own strategy.
    For me personally, it's very weird though to have her lie and claim she's perfect in predictions right in the middle of the battle.... I don't get why the writers did it that way. That was a bit much.

She could have said or thought to herself, "this is odd... and somewhat unexpected..."

I overthink these things I think...
    Last edited by G50; 4th April 2012 at 11:21 PM.
    "Heart + Determination + Perserverence = Success" ™

My Philosophical quote on goals and dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by G50 View Post
    It's very weird though to have her lie and claim she's perfect in predictions right in the middle of the battle.... I don't get why the writers did it that way. That was a bit much.

She could have said or thought to herself, "this is odd... and somewhat unexpected..."
    Eh maybe to you, i thought it was fine and found no problem.

She was always making out to be the best, know what she's on about, being right all the time etc.. it made sense for her to keep bragging as if she was going to win.

What a decent gym battle! It's nice to see Tranquil/Unfrezant be one of the main focus for this gym. It's also nice to see how Skyla knows how to work again type advantages. Poor Pikachu.

My ideal battle ever!

The battle was cool. At least until Tranquill evolved. Unfezant vs Swanna was the worst part of the match. Sure, Unfezant looked impressive but it was still a crappy battle in the end. It looked like it was a pokemon show, and the challenge was "WHO CAN FLY HIGHER UNFEZANT OR SWANNA". That is not how a battle should be...

Pikachu loses against a Water/Flying pokemon. Oh well, at least he got to beat Unfezant. Poor Krokorok.

Also, Unfezant beats Swanna with one Aerial Ace but Stunfisk's electric attacks don't affect him at all? lol Bad writing...

I thought Unfezant was her main Pokemon! How stupid am I! I thought Tranquil would evolve while battling Unefezant because that is its final evolution.

Tranquill evolving was the best part.

She was weak and almost about to fall... then she evolves and defeats Swanna. What a comeback!

Quote Originally Posted by Hikari10Girl View Post
    She was weak and almost about to fall... then she evolves and starts playing tag with Swanna. What a comeback?
    Fixed that for you.

Great episode! This was definetly one of those episodes which can only be enjoyed when animated. I usually love the speedy battles the best so it's great how the animators made it that way rather than having those awkward pauses we're so used to. And as some others said, there weren't any cheap loses/wins. Even though Krokorok lost I thought he was actually animated to look powerful...just seeing him on Ash's team is pretty cool.

I know we're all sick of those Ash/Pikachu moments but seeing Pikachu get up after a Bubblebeam+Hurricane+BraveBird only for Ash to forfeit the match for him was pretty epic. I honestly thought the rat could've kept battling but would've gotten hurt or sick or something if he did. I think less of us would've found the scene less WTF if Pikachu's endurance was always this high ._.

The end with Skyla deciding to stop her air battles felt rushed, like they spent so much time on battling so didn't have time to develop her as a character. Ah well, I'm glad Ash wasn't lecturing her throughout the whole thing. Like he talked to her through battling which is a lot like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    Also, Unfezant beats Swanna with one Aerial Ace but Stunfisk's electric attacks don't affect him at all? lol Bad writing...
    Swanna did get hit a lot before that...and I'm pretty sure any pokemon is stronger than Dent's Stunfisk at this point.
    -
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/9i9zxi.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i39.*******.com/j8faqd.png[/IMG]
    * Credit to pokefan#493

Quote Originally Posted by CupidKirby View Post
    Swanna did get hit a lot before that...and I'm pretty sure any pokemon is stronger than Dent's Stunfisk at this point.
    I know none of Pikachu's moves did a thing to the Swan :/ So when did it get damaged beforehand? Also, despite whether Stunfisk is strong or not, a (STAB, it's been stated befroe the moves of that match the Pokemon's type do more damage) x4 effective move should easily have taken out the bird.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Tranquill actually got a few hits in before she evolved. Which was nice.

On the dub, for god's sake PUSA leave the original music alone. That bloody piano music they play in place of just about every dramatic battle music is getting on my nerves.

Quote Originally Posted by pokefandt View Post
    On the dub, for god's sake PUSA leave the original music alone. That bloody piano music they play in place of just about every dramatic battle music is getting on my nerves.
    Please tell me you're joking. Don't tell me the Dub has ruined yet another dramatic Gym Battle -.-

Despite how Skyla acted before, she proves to be a worthy Gym Leader to challenge. Her Pokemon we're quite phenomenal in battle, and she showed interested in battle all along. Ash was just a little bit more in his game though. It's too bad for Krokorok to lose in his first gym battle, and against a Swoobat; unbelievable. Tranquill was amazing, and it got a win against Swoobat, but it's a shame it coudn't face off against it's evolution. Luckily Ash recalled her back. Pikachu was outstanding, and Skyla proved to be a tough match with her Swanna. I'm happy with Pikachu defeating Unfezant at least, and nearly taking out Swanna was fine in my book. Although the Aqua Ring barrier was a huge blow.

Tranquill VS Swanna was a tough one to watch, but seeing Ash had to win, it was a perfect time for Tranquill to evolve! Again, I love the female look of Unfezant way more than the males (like Skyla's). With that extra speed, Ash took the win!

All in all, it ended very well. Skyla is gonna stop doing Air Battles and do the traditional way of battling like Gym Leaders should. Least she's come to some sense, and I enjoyed this battle between her and Ash fairly well.

Also, I didn't realize Iccirus City was pronounced Ice-seh-russ City. I've been saying it as Ick-uh-russ City. My way of saying it sounded better to me.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

I just finished watching this episode & I have to say that it was good. I love it when Ash defeats cocky gym leaders like Skyla. I'm a bit disappointed with Pikachu's performance against Swanna. It should've beat it with no problem. Oh well, off to the next gym.

Interesting.. Ash actually didn't order Tranquil to use Wing Attack or at least I don't think he did he just told her to "Attack Now"

Well they kept the original music for the battle between krokorok and swoobat. But they played that damn piano again during the battle between Pikachu and Skyla's Unfezant. They at least kept the little piece when Tranquill evolved, but for the final battle, they used the Rival Destinies theme, which did not work nearly as well.

Another fun gym battle, with top notch animation =D Pikachu's fight in particular was really cool to see.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Interesting.. Ash actually didn't order Tranquil to use Wing Attack or at least I don't think he did he just told her to "Attack Now"
    Good call on the dub's part, since Tranquil can't learn that move xD

RADIANT BLAZE ~

Another badge in the case and off to the next city.

I was hoping there would be a Unfezant battle of two genders or Skyla seeing that Tranquill is a girl. At least she battled Skyla's Unfezant.

Do you know what Ash says when Tranquill used Wing Attack? Because I heard he didn't tell it to use Wing Attack, and they fixed the error.
    In snow, the pure white coat covering its body obscures it from predators.
    Dewgong

Quote Originally Posted by pokefandt View Post
    Well they kept the original music for the battle between krokorok and swoobat. But they played that damn piano again during the battle between Pikachu and Skyla's Unfezant. They at least kept the little piece when Tranquill evolved, but for the final battle, they used the Rival Destinies theme, which did not work nearly as well.
    It works fine for the dub watchers. The only Japanese piece I ever liked myself was Advanced Adventure. Everything else that the dub does is fine with me. Pokemon is not the type of anime that needs to keep the original music anyway. The target audience most likely has no idea its even made in Japan.

Wow after finding out Sarah did Skyla watching this episode is weird. It's like ash is talking to his female version and vice versa for the entire episode
    Last edited by ArielSummer; 30th June 2012 at 4:47 PM.
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/30xhlr6.jpg[/IMG]

It's a great episode. Tranquill evolves into Unfezant and beats Swanna, which proves Skyla battles can be unpredictable. Now that Ash has the Jet Badge, it's on to the next Gym.

Quote Originally Posted by IcySealeo View Post
    Do you know what Ash says when Tranquill used Wing Attack? Because I heard he didn't tell it to use Wing Attack, and they fixed the error.
    He said "Attack Now" at that part.

Quote Originally Posted by ArielSummer View Post
    Wow after finding out Sarah did Skyla watching this episode is weird. It's like ash is talking to his female version and vice versa for the entire episode
    Looks like good old Sarah had some dedication to voicing this episode. That's a lot of work to do for an episode. xD Then again, she's done numerous episodes before, not like it's not new to her before.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast