Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: An Amazing Aerial Battle! (729)

Quote Originally Posted by pokefandt View Post
    Well they kept the original music for the battle between krokorok and swoobat. But they played that damn piano again during the battle between Pikachu and Skyla's Unfezant. They at least kept the little piece when Tranquill evolved, but for the final battle, they used the Rival Destinies theme, which did not work nearly as well.
    wait... do you mean the diamond and pearl paino music that was played in every episode?
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Multishipper / I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunset
    ChatanGo | BulbaGarden Forums | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

If I'm being honest, between last episode and this one I absolutely hated Skyla's character!
    Last edited by Sushi; 1st July 2012 at 12:30 AM.
    Pokemon White 2 Team

Why can't Aqua Ring shield you from Electric attacks? I would kill for a bit of healing and protection like that.

Kupo'ing to Victory! ~Made by yours truly~
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris / 3DS FC: Ask / Normal Safari: Audino, Smeargle, Lillipup
    Youtube Channel - The Wonderful 101

First things first, did Ash seriously look up Unfezant in the Dex two episodes in a row? Oh well, at least it gave new information both times.

Second, Gust vs. Hurricane? Which could possibly win? I have no idea.

Speaking of which, Hurricane is really an unrealistic move. Rather than being a big tornado, it should really be a massive miles-wide storm cloud with violent winds and torrential rain. Of course, then they'd have to give it a new name every time it was used . . .
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

Quote Originally Posted by the1stpkmnfan View Post
    Looks like good old Sarah had some dedication to voicing this episode. That's a lot of work to do for an episode. xD Then again, she's done numerous episodes before, not like it's not new to her before.
    Don't forget the Roserade mistake...

Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Fanfics on SPPF: Hikari...Shinji...Satoshi!
    FF.Net profile: Here!!

MAI TUMBLR

So Unfezant eyes locked onto Swanna...could mean it has Super Luck
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

And fifteen years later, people still complain about the dub replacing music. Amazing.

Anyway, due to that hideous Pokemon evolving, Skyla's prediction wasn't wrong. She should still continue to do her air battles since this episode has proven nothing.

清順(トンボ)
    Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Terra Branford View Post
    Anyway, due to that hideous Pokemon evolving, Skyla's prediction wasn't wrong. She should still continue to do her air battles since this episode has proven nothing.
    Actually no, she made a prediction that she would win and in the end was wrong. The fact that Tranquill evolved proved that nothing is ever a guarantee in battle and that anything can happen.
    Coming soon to XY. SEETHE

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    Actually no, she made a prediction that she would win and in the end was wrong. The fact that Tranquill evolved proved that nothing is ever a guarantee in battle and that anything can happen.
    She based her result off of the Pokemon Ash had at hand. Therefore, she was not wrong.

清順(トンボ)

Unfeazant... it look's so ugly :O
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Multishipper / I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunset
    ChatanGo | BulbaGarden Forums | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

She based her result off of the Pokemon Ash had at hand. Therefore, she was not wrong.
    So she never thought an evolution could occur? I guess she's not so great at predicting things after all. The whole point of this was to show that someone cannot simply predict an outcome so easily, that anything can happen in battle. Skyla made a prediction but she never took in every possibility, resulting in her losing.

Cilan would hate you for this.

But on a serious note, she deserves to get the boot. How in the hell hasn't anybody reported her to the league yet? The region is full of lazy people, I swear.

Kupo'ing to Victory! ~Made by yours truly~
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris / 3DS FC: Ask / Normal Safari: Audino, Smeargle, Lillipup
    Youtube Channel - The Wonderful 101

^ The same way Volkner wasn't reported. Skyla even said so herself that no one had a problem with it outside of Ash, Cilan, and Miles.

So she never thought an evolution could occur? I guess she's not so great at predicting things after all. The whole point of this was to show that someone cannot simply predict an outcome so easily, that anything can happen in battle. Skyla made a prediction but she never took in every possibility, resulting in her losing.
    Clearly, you missed the point of what air battles actually are. They're a method of determining a winner with the current set up of both teams. Her arrogance reflects on nothing more than her character and has little to no bearing on the success rate of air battles. From what we've seen, air battles have a 100% success rate.

清順(トンボ)

Clearly, you missed the point of what air battles actually are. They're a method of determining a winner with the current set up of both teams. Her arrogance reflects on nothing more than her character and has little to no bearing on the success rate of air battles. From what we've seen, air battles have a 100% success rate.
    Air battles is nothing but assumption based. She guessed she would beat Ash and she lost, thus not a 100% success rate. She took nothing into account other than the pokemon she saw in front of her, and so when the real battle happened, she got a surprise with the evolution and lost. This can happen with any battle.

For example, someone throws out three bug types against Skyla. She uses her air battles and says she will win, only taking type advantage into account. The fact is that there is no guarantee she would win because she doesn't know how powerful these bug types are or what moves they know. You have to have a real battle to figure that out, not basing it off assumption.

Air battles is nothing but assumption based. She guessed she would beat Ash and she lost, thus not a 100% success rate.
    Stop giving false information. Her prediction was based on Pikachu, that bird Pokemon before it evolved, and some other Pokemon. The next evolutionary state of the bird Pokemon was not part of her prediction and as a result does not affect the success rate because it was not part of the air battle. Before it evolved, she was clearly winning so it does have a 100% success rate. Unless you want to deny what was shown on screen.

She took nothing into account other than the pokemon she saw in front of her,
    That's how an air battle works. The episodes clearly showed this was its purpose.

and so when the real battle happened, she got a surprise with the evolution and lost. This can happen with any battle.
    Irrelevant to the success of air battles since the actual battle used a Pokemon that was not in the air battle.

For example, someone throws out three bug types against Skyla. She uses her air battles and says she will win, only taking type advantage into account. The fact is that there is no guarantee she would win because she doesn't know how powerful these bug types are or what moves they know. You have to have a real battle to figure that out, not basing it off assumption.
    Missing the point of air battles. It's obvious that she would know all of this but that's not how an air battle is supposed to work.

清順(トンボ)

Stop giving false information. Her prediction was based on Pikachu, that bird Pokemon before it evolved, and some other Pokemon. The next evolutionary state of the bird Pokemon was not part of her prediction and as a result does not affect the success rate because it was not part of the air battle. Before it evolved, she was clearly winning so it does have a 100% success rate. Unless you want to deny what was shown on screen.

That's how an air battle works. The episodes clearly showed this was its purpose.

Irrelevant to the success of air battles since the actual battle used a Pokemon that was not in the air battle.

Missing the point of air battles. It's obvious that she would know all of this but that's not how an air battle is supposed to work.
    Saying air battles has a 100% success rate is false because it's nothing but GUESSING. It's supposed to replace the actual battling but instead she assumes she's going to win or lose. That's not how a real battles works. In a real battle, you can't say a pokemon is going to lose because of a type disadvantage, anything can happen in a battle.

In the pokemon world, you don't play games and guess who is going to win, you actually battle and see who the real strong one is. Skyla guessed she would beat Ash and got a reality check, proving that a REAL battle shows the REAL evidence of who's better.
    Last edited by HatersGonnaHate; 1st July 2012 at 5:50 AM.

And fifteen years later, people still complain about the dub replacing music. Amazing.

If she continued to do her air battles, then Ash wouldn't have gotten the badge and that wouldn't be fair since we saw from this episode that Ash beat her and deserved the badge.

Saying air battles has a 100% success rate is false because it's nothing but GUESSING.
    Her battle with Cilan makes it 100% by itself.

It's supposed to replace the actual battling but instead she assumes she's going to win or lose. That's not how a real battles works.
    Because it's not a real battle.

In a real battle, you can't say a pokemon is going to lose because of a type disadvantage, anything can happen in a battle.
    Read above.

In the pokemon world, you don't play games and guess who is going to win, you actually battle and see who the real strong one is. Skyla guessed she would beat Ash and got a reality check, proving that a REAL battle shows the REAL evidence of who's better.
    Nothing to with air battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    If she continued to do her air battles, then Ash wouldn't have gotten the badge and that wouldn't be fair since we saw from this episode that Ash beat her and deserved the badge.
    It would've been his own problem. He could've gone to other gyms like Miles suggested that he should.

清順(トンボ)

the best gym battle i seen in the unova region soo far.. amazing! .. excellent strategy my ash too, glad to see skyla go back to normal battles

Read above.

It would've been his own problem. He could've gone to other gyms like Miles suggested that he should.
    Ash came all that way for a gym battle. There was no way he was turning back and it's a good thing he got Sklya to battle him because Ash proved he is a stronger trainer and deserved the badge. I'm glad Ash taught Skyla a lesson. Skyla was getting too arrogant thinking she knew everything about battling and that she could beat Ash but she ended up being wrong because Ash proved to her he was the stronger battler.

Well, i've gotta say, I like skyla as a person, but as a gym leader she's a total a-hole. In the end it really doesn't work since you don't know the other trainer's techniques, so if a challenger didnt use the same techniques as skyla, she would have to assume the challenger does; If a challenger was more technical, she would have to assume the challenger is as technical as she herself is(it's kinda hard to explain XD). And besides hat, she doesn't know the moves the other pokemon has. For all she knows, a flying type pokemon might not have any flying moves at all.
    However I still believe ash won by luck since the evolution thing is something that comes out of nowhere. If it didn't happen, that would've been it for him.
    Then again, if he used better techniques, he could've won. Same for cilan in the last ep., he could've won too if he didn't spam the same technique.

DEAD

Spoiler:- Game stuff and whatnot:

Now we know...aqua ring heals the user of burn and shields it from electric attacks...if only that were true...
    Draconic pokemon are king !!!

Pokemon Y Team:

my deviantart featuring a wide array of moemon drawn by yours truly: http://xxd17.deviantart.com/

Brilliant, Excellent, Amazing (if I can take from the title) and I'll stop with the hyperbole now but it showed just how entertained I was from this episode. Action packed from beginning to end.

We began with Swoobat vs Krokorok. It was always going to be tough for Krokorok and it got in a good Dig Dodge and its stone edge may have turned the battle around if it wasn't partially deflected by Swoobat's Gust. However, it wasn't to be.

We then had a brief battle between Unfezant & Tranquill however the superior evolution was too much for Tranquill to take and Ash took the sensible move to substitute her for Pikachu. It was a clever move for Pikachu to wait for unfezant to come in close to hit it with Iron Tail and it was enough for Pikachu to continue on and get the win.

Swanna was the final pokemon for Skyla. It had the perfect strategy to counter Pikachu with an Aqua Ring barrier and even though Pikachu and Ash thought of an ingenious way to use the rings that Skyla used in her pre battle display to get a quick attack in, the lack of Electric type moves proved that Swanna had the upper hand.

Tranquill is back for the final brawl. It had a lot of determination to win for Ash and you could see that in the battle. After Tranquill looked down and out after a strong hurricane its determination caused the evolution into Unfezant and from then on it dominated to give Ash the Win and the Jet Badge.

Anyway, an excellent battle and i'm glad Skyla learned her lesson about Air Battles. Nothing beats seeing an exciting battle in its true form!

Quote Originally Posted by Blaziryu View Post
    I just finished watching this episode & I have to say that it was good. I love it when Ash defeats cocky gym leaders like Skyla. I'm a bit disappointed with Pikachu's performance against Swanna. It should've beat it with no problem. Oh well, off to the next gym.
    Remember, that type advantage isn't everything in a battle. Ash has proved this numerous times previously.

Read above.

I don't think you understand what an air battle is. Yes, you are right that Skyla looks at the pokemon in front of her but as it was said in the last episode (Cilan takes Flight) Skyla infact imagines the entire battle in her head to discover an outcome (the illustrations are just a visual representation of her thoughts for our benefit). Now, if Skyla is predicting the entire battle, she has to consider all outcomes and Tranquil's evolution was never a thought in her head and therefore her imagination of the battle in her head was wrong and her Air battles are not always successful.
    Last edited by Orton155; 1st July 2012 at 9:02 PM. Reason: Thank you Joltik-Kid
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

I liked this episode because of Ash's victory over an annoying gym leader. Also glad Ash got a new pokemon in Unfeazant.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Quote Originally Posted by Orton155 View Post
    It began well but it soon became apparent that Unfezant was out of reach for Pikachu but ingeniously the rings set up for Skyla's pre battle display proved the decisive point for Pikachu to Win.
    I think your confusing Unfezant for Swanna...Pikachu didn't once use the rings to beat Unfezant. He just waited till Aerial Ace got close enough and used Iron Tail then Electro Ball to finish it up
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast