Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon B/W boring?

Default Pokemon B/W boring?

So I've put about 5 hours so far into Pokemon White, and I hate to say it, but I think I find it a little boring... the designs for all the Pokemon at their basic stages seem too cutesy and it almost feels like a chore to go through every gym leader... am I doing something wrong? :/

So what made the other regions interesting?

That's why you have to make it more interesting yourself. Nickname your Pokemon. Envision yourself actually there and doing all the battling. Evolve th ePokemon you find too cutesy. Heck maybe even start over and do a Nuzlocke challenge. That will be anything but boring.

But once you finish White, buy White 2. It's really cool to compare the older Unova with the more areas, different plotline and travel route, older Pokemon mixed in, and newer Unova.
    Want to watch some funny videos?
    Check out MandJTV, a channel where Raccoon Man, a hero nobler than any other, serves justice and does a few other ridiculous (and funny) things.
    [IMG]http://i48.*******.com/1o7ho6.jpg[/IMG]

Black and White boring? They were some of the most interesting games so far in the series for me.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    So what made the other regions interesting?
    I think it was probably the Pokemon, which is directly related to the nostalgia factor of the older games, so I suppose I'll just have to give it some more time.

Or just trade over the ones that you're suffering withdrawal from. That helped me and my Ambipom withdrawal.
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

FC: 5129-0492-5213

Yeah, give you some time to assimilate these new creatures. You'll get use to them. Personally, I haven't played all the games, but I think the story in Black/White is strong. And when you play the sequels it's even more fun and strong! Black2/White2 gives you real nostalgia about Black/White!

Quote Originally Posted by Frost Mage View Post
    I think it was probably the Pokemon, which is directly related to the nostalgia factor of the older games, so I suppose I'll just have to give it some more time.
    there. u answered ur own question. get familiar with the new pokes and see all the places. frankly i dont think u have reached the good part of the story when u reach the league. its a poke game made by gf. its supposed to be good

I did, the game felt a bit too dumbed down in terms of things like regional design and difficulty, also I don't like the whole "reboot" feel because they removed a lot of features that made the game more interesting. Of course BW2 added some of their own, but not the same ones, so it doesn't quite feel the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Compared to other gens, I find Gen 5 a bit not really exciting. But I still like it.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

Pokegyms Fairy Leader

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

I thought the storyline was incredible, surpassing that of all the others.

The Gen 5 Pokemon get a lot of crap from genwunners and the like, and I kinda feel sorry for them. But while the Basic Pokemon may seem cute, they're evolved forms are intensly awesome! For example,: Axew -> Haxorus

This is all my personal opinion, but I tried Pokemon Black/White for about 45 minutes, and just put it down. Here are the reasons...

1)The game babies you way too much! I understand that the developers wanted to make it easier for newer players to learn the game, but come on! I mean in the original Red/Blue/Yellow, there was very little that was taught to you, most of it you had to learn on your own, and honestly I found this more appealing to me. I actually felt like a Pokemon master doing it this way.

2) The Pokemon look like something I would find in my 2-year old brother's coloring book. I mean even in most of the fully evolved for, most of them are to damn cuddly! I mean if I had to fight a double scoop ice cream cone, I would probably lose just from me laughing so hard. I mean I understand the beginning Pokemon being cute and all, but where are the monsters? I'm talking like Charizard, Feraligater, Salamence, those are the good ones, not some gears super glued together.

3) And speaking of the older Pokemon, why didn't they put even a couple of them in this game?! Even if there were just maybe 10 older Pokemon, I would of been happy, but did they? No, this is what lost major appeal to me.

4) I was also very disappointed that there wasn't even 1 new evolution! I loved it when 4th gen came out, and a lot of old Pokemon got some new evolutions! To me, that made the game a lot more fun, and made me crave it, with this, it just isn't there.

In all, I got bored with this generation because to me, it didnt feel like Pokemon at all.

Now Im not totally bashing this game, I will admit, I do like the new legendaries, quite a bit of the new music, but that is all that really appeals to me, but that is just my 2 cents
    In
    Coming Soon :
    Pokemon BlazeBlack2 Fire Mono-Type Run
    Pokemon White/Black2 Wi-Fi Battles

Quote Originally Posted by rpgfan1994 View Post
    2) The Pokemon look like something I would find in my 2-year old brother's coloring book.
    A 1-year-old could have designed Voltorb, and its evolution required all the creativity of a newborn.

I mean even in most of the fully evolved for, most of them are to damn cuddly! I mean if I had to fight a double scoop ice cream cone, I would probably lose just from me laughing so hard.
    I think I might feel similarly if I were forced to fight a pile of eggs with faces, or a living coconut tree, or a living rock with a face and muscular arms, or a pudgy ganguro girl.

I mean I understand the beginning Pokemon being cute and all, but where are the monsters? I'm talking like Charizard, Feraligater, Salamence, those are the good ones, not some gears super glued together.
    And I'm talking like Emboar, Samurott, Gigalith, Excadrill, Carracosta, Zoroark, Ferrothorn, Eelektross, Haxorus, Beartic, Druddigon, Bisharp, Braviary, and Hydreigon. Not some dopey mime or a pile of sludge or a living windchime.

3) And speaking of the older Pokemon, why didn't they put even a couple of them in this game?! Even if there were just maybe 10 older Pokemon, I would of been happy, but did they? No, this is what lost major appeal to me.
    Black and White were intended to be a "new beginning"; completely estranged from the previous regions for the sake of being a reintroduction. Unova is far away from Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh, so logically, one would expect that all of the Pokemon are completely different (which gives older players a whole new place to explore; a totally new experience. Which would have been an excellent idea, if most of the older players weren't poisoned by overblown nostalgia).

4) I was also very disappointed that there wasn't even 1 new evolution! I loved it when 4th gen came out, and a lot of old Pokemon got some new evolutions! To me, that made the game a lot more fun, and made me crave it, with this, it just isn't there.
    See the previous answer.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Black and White were intended to be a "new beginning"; completely estranged from the previous regions for the sake of being a reintroduction. Unova is far away from Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh, so logically, one would expect that all of the Pokemon are completely different (which gives older players a whole new place to explore; a totally new experience. Which would have been an excellent idea, if most of the older players weren't poisoned by overblown nostalgia).
    IMO that "new beginning" thing was a bad idea. Or at least a poorly executed one. Okay, you've got a bunch of new Pokemon, problem is that many of them strongly resemble past gen Pokemon to the point where one might consider them clones. It really defeats the purpose if the new Pokemon aren't very original.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Thumbs down

So I've put about 5 hours so far into Pokemon White, and I hate to say it, but I think I find it a little boring... the designs for all the Pokemon at their basic stages seem too cutesy and it almost feels like a chore to go through every gym leader... am I doing something wrong? :/
    Nobody in here finds BW boring, at least the majority of players think that BW and B2W2 were the most innovating versions.

Mabye you're getting boring about Pokemon... and not BW.

Endolise, Voltorb IS creative, it's creative for being uncreative *shot*. <---- ignore this if you want.

Personally I find the 5th gen creative as much as Gen 1, if not better.

This thread is pointless.

Don't like the game? Then go play something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless123 View Post
    This thread is pointless.

Don't like the game? Then go play something else.
    This, I'm not very found of some of the Pokemon in this Gen either, but still.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

This generation totally stepped it down. Sure, there are some catchy tunes and amazing graphics, but it really comes down to, " Is this formula getting repeatitive?" I was introduced into Generation 4. It was one of the first videogames I've ever played. The graphics were amazing to 9 year old me, and to this day I still think they're amazing. Not only that, but the designs of the characters were great. I don't see the hype over Elesa. She really is not that "good looking" or "supermodelish" to me. Same thing with her in BW2. Some designs of both Pokemon and Humans were really dull in generation 5. I am really just not a big fan of the current generation, and I don't think I ever will be.

Awh, 5 hours is NOTHING. Black and White gain some serious momentum past Mistralton City, and become really hard to put down. Initially, I referred to a lot of the Pokemon as 'The new x' (Frillish-Tentacool, Palpitoad-Wooper, etc.) but by the end, I really liked a lot of them. At least finish the story in B/W, it'll make B2/W2 so much more enjoyable, in fact, I think they're much better paced and less cramped than their predecessors. And if you think BW is boring, play DP.
    "I completed the National Dex at 12:03am on January 5th, 2013: if Gen VI is announced anytime soon I'm gonna be seriously angry."
    January 8th, 2012: Pokémon X and Y announced. Seriously angry.

By which I mean DP is more boring.
    "I completed the National Dex at 12:03am on January 5th, 2013: if Gen VI is announced anytime soon I'm gonna be seriously angry."
    January 8th, 2012: Pokémon X and Y announced. Seriously angry.

Too cutesy? What were you expecting from Pokemon?

Sounds like you should play something else. You aren't going to like Pokemon games at all if "too cute" is a deterent for you.

1)The game babies you way too much!
    No it doesn't. Most of the "babying" people complain about is completely optional. Yes, the game gives you a Lucky Egg, but no one is forcing you to use it. Don't like the fact that items are given or nurses can heal on routes? Then don't use them

2) The Pokemon look like something I would find in my 2-year old brother's coloring book.
    You're lying.

not some gears super glued together.

Because they specifically promoted BW as not having old Pokemon until the post-game. Anyone who purchased this game could find that out easily. Complaining about one of the most promoted features of the game is dumb. If you didn't like this, don't buy the game or make preparations to get the same Pokemon you've used for 10+years into the game.

See #3.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Everything about the original Black & White is boring in my opinion. I thought I was the only person who felt this way, but apparently I'm not. For me the games just got really tedious after I beat the Elite Four; I did all the little side quests and stuff, but they didn't make the games any more interesting. There's just not enough to do in those games.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Everything about the original Black & White is boring in my opinion. I thought I was the only person who felt this way, but apparently I'm not. For me the games just got really tedious after I beat the Elite Four; I did all the little side quests and stuff, but they didn't make the games any more interesting. There's just not enough to do in those games.
    You could always try your luck at competitive battling
    You could obtain all Musical Props
    You could go on Dream World
    Battle at the Battle Subway and Institute

Really, the main goal of the game is to challenge the Elite Four and become Champion. Once that's over, you're free to do what you want. I personally like that.

but where are the monsters? I'm talking like Charizard, Feraligater, Salamence, those are the good ones, not some gears super glued together.

there are plenty of monsters : haxorus, golurk, krookadile, beartic (just to name a few). Of course, you do not see any of these in the beginning of the game, but i doubt you see salamence in route 1 of RSE. And about the first pokemon being too cutesy, all three of the "monsters" you listed started as little lizards.

White 2 team~ all lvl 100~ 8 badges~ E4 complete~ white treehollow complete~ join avenue rank 10~ 81 medals

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast