It is time. . .
1. Follow the standard forum and sub-forum rules.
2. Don't SPAM, flame, or otherwise harass other players.
3. Don't bunny (control others' character's) without permission, if you know me, you know I am strict on this.
4. Your character is not Omnipotent, Omniscient, or Omnipresent. Do not have them know things they shouldn't, teleport, or god-mode. Villains cannot call out Heroes without real evidence (hair color and powers could be coincidence, but catching them with a communicator or something is potentially evidence). Likewise, Heroes cannot call out Villains infiltrating staff without real evidence.
5. Put your villainous name(s) and location at the top of your post. Inventory is not required.
6. Do not be the idiot that forces me to make more rules (love you guys).
- Some of this RPG will likely make use of the PM system (it would be a good idea to either enable PMs to everyone or add your leader to your friends list so they can PM you), such as if your leader (Me or *Jean Grey*) PMs you instructions pertinent to your plan, or if you decide to become a double agent. You may switch sides in a big showy way if you like, but if you're doing it as a double agent, you probably shouldn't tell anyone except your new leader or the other side player you're acting as a mole for.
1) VampirateMace - Torrent (Dexter Johnson)
2) *Jean Grey* - Inamorato (Felice Vanaria)*
-- *Jean Grey* - & Morte (Lovina Vanaria)
3) Schade - Starshade (Alexander 'Alec' Lascelles Troy)
4) PeeGee - Weather Witch (Cassidy O'Hara)
-- PeeGee - Ethan Gallagher (Lifebane)*
5) Monster Guy - UV (Sam Anwell)
6) CuriousHeartless - Josh Red (Magik)
7) Cobalt XIV - Poltergeist (Lucien Allard)
8) bronislav84 - Elecrocutioner (???)
9) Captain Jigglypuff - Freezing Heat (Johnny Khold)
10) Kitt Geekazaru - Zach Hector
11) Crash & Charm - Shatter (Walter Salamander)
-- Crash & Charm - Slight/Blight (Hope Agrippa)
12) Tangeh - Resonance (Vivian Walker)
13) Titan500 - Lothaire Lagerys (String Quartet)*
14) rotrum - The Ripper (Chris Umbers)
15) Cometstarlight: Strike (Wendy Stone)
16) Huntress Wizard Roxanne H. Mauden (Night Owl)*
* Probably not to scale.
* Cell walls are solid on 3 sides, and fourth wall/doors are barred.
- This is by Cell Block only, but you can give your cell a specific number if it floats your boat.
- Tell me if I've still need to assign a Cell Block for you.
1) *Jean Grey* - & Morte (Lovina Vanaria) & PeeGee - Weather Witch (Cassidy O'Hara) - Cell Block C
2) bronislav84 - Elecrocutioner (???) & Tangeh - Resonance (Vivian Walker) - Cell Block D
3) Cometstarlight: Strike (Wendy Stone) & -???- Cell Block A
1) VampirateMace - Torrent (Dexter Johnson) & Captain Jigglypuff - Freezing Heat (Johnny Khold) Cell Block B
2) Schade - Starshade (Alexander 'Alec' Lascelles Troy) & Monster Guy - UV (Sam Anwell) Cell Block A
3) Cobalt XIV - Poltergeist (Lucien Allard) & Crash & Charm - Slight/Blight (Hope Agrippa) Cell Block B
4) Crash & Charm - Shatter (Walter Salamander) & rotrum - The Ripper (Chris Umbers) Cell Block D
5) CuriousHeartless: Josh Red (Magik) & Kitt Geekazaru - Zach Hector - Cell Block C
Staff & 'Staff'
*Jean Grey* - Inamorato (Felice Vanaria)
PeeGee - Ethan Gallagher (Lifebane)
Titan500 - Lothaire Lagerys (String Quartet)
* I did not expect to roll so that Starshade and UV ended up together (again-ish), but I am thoroughly entertained that they did.
JCYCF Security Specifications:
- Certain powers are negated, as you were warned when you signed up. Some are controlled with devices (collars/visors/gloves) on the prisoners (illusions, life-absorption, acid), other are controlled by the magical field which is created by the 10 magic ruins throughout the facility (flight, tech, electric, decay). There are acceptations to this, but it is case-by-case.
- A high tech camera system monitors the facility, which is why tech and electric powers are negated. Cameras output to the Warden's Office, Staff Break Room, and an Undisclosed Location. Outside the chain link fence and gates is an electric field, and beyond that a reinforced concrete wall.
- The guards carry hand guns and tranquilizer rifles, they are willing to use both of them, so don't mess with them. Bad behavior will see you tranqed, and sent to solitary. They may also carry batons/nightsticks and tasers. - Sparing is popular in the yard however, and the guards will tolerate it to some extent.
- Laundry is done in facility, by prisoners, to cut costs and eliminate the possibility of escape by laundry bin. The cooking is also done in-house by the prisoners, with a certified cook overseeing them.
- Between 8 pm to 7 am, you are expect to be in your cell. Except at meal time, and if/when you have kitchen/laundry duty, you may spend the rest of your time wherever the heck you want, as long as it's not a Restricted area. (Restricted areas; Warden's Office, Check-in & Storage, Other' Prisoner's Cells, Driveway, and Staff Break Room.)
How to get started:
Our RPG starts in the afternoon:
- Hero players will start by being escorted to your cells. Your cellmate may be somewhere else.
- Villain players will start in one of the non-restricted areas, unless you've just arrived as well, in which case you'll also be escorted to your cells.
- Staff players (and those infiltrating staff) will start in whatever area of the facility that is appropriate for your job.
Soon after everyone will be funneled into Mess Hall for dinner. Then we'll fastfoward through most of the night, and start the next day.
Ready? Then let's go:
Torrent (Dexter Johnson)
Cell Block B
Torrent stumbled forward as the guard pushed him through the open cell door. Torrent grimaced, being the ringleader of purposely failing bank robbers, he'd been subjected to the most abuse during check-in (as if the televised coverage of his trial wasn't embarrassing enough). It wasn't supposed to happen, but that didn't mean it didn't. It kind of made him thankful he was dead, because he was pretty sure he would have cried when the one guard had slapped him before forcefully handing him the orange jumpsuit and demanding he put it on, but death had dulled his perception of pain, and that made him look a little more hardcore. Come to think of it, Robin didn't seem to pull any punches either, but then he'd known he couldn't hurt Torrent.
His cellmate was ushered in after him. As luck would have it, he was being roomed with a fellow teammate from their failed bank robbery. Didn't mean they'd be able to talk, but at least they could have each other's backs.
“And don't even think about screwing with the plumbing Johnson, or you'll find yourself in solitary with a bucket for a bathroom,” smirked the guard as the electronic cell door slid shut with a nasty rattle and clank.
“Noted,” grumbled Torrent, before deciding the role he was supposed to be playing called for a more extravagant response. He turned to the guard and shouted arrogantly, “And it's Torrent! Ain't fool named Johnson in here!”
“Ooo, big supervillain,” mocked the guard, doing jazz hands. He probably figured he looked like less of an idiot because he was on the preferred side of the bars. Then he added flatly, “Kid, you guys got caught on your first time out, you might want to consider going back to being Johnson when you finally get out of here.”
Torrent sat down on one of the bunks as the guard walked off, looking almost proud of himself. Torrent absentmindedly reached for his ankh, but it had been taken away and wasn't there. He felt kind of naked without any jewelry. He looked around, surveying the cell and what he could see through the barred doors. It was kind of dingy, which didn't really bother him, because the fewer reflective surfaces, the better to maintain his glamor illusion.