SHADOW NECROSIS: RIPE WITH DECAY
    A role play by Avenger Angel and Meeker

[DISCUSSION THREAD LINK]

Spoiler:- Introduction and background story recap:

Kaxo Sychal the Lopunny
    Brotherhood of Sonne
    SAE Razorhawk Gunship, Snowbelle City
    Affected RPers: N/A
    Passive Abilities: Soul Sense (Xiav Detection), Heart of Heroes (50 foot morale aura boost)

Resources, industry, medical supplies, willing recruits, and rations. Kalos had everything we needed to turn this war easily in our favor. The only problem was Eris and her bastard children had a hard time understanding when to piss off. You'd think they'd learn.

The sun was starting to go down as the icy, chilling wind blew around us, which was more than enough to freeze a Lickitung's tongue to its own ass. Armored tanks and Armored Personnel Carriers slowly rolled their way into the frozen city as the snow lightly powdered on everything. It was ass-kicking cold, but I've had worse. As I let out a hard sigh that turned into a puff of white vapor in the freezing air, I saw the Sonne Armored Battalion was rolling in, starting with the Sledgehammer, followed by the Thunderfall, which was then followed by the Warbeast. There were still at least a dozen armored vehicles to go, but things were proceeding as planned. Xiav had an upcoming appointment in Hell and we were going to make sure they wouldn't miss it.

I oversaw the occupation of Snowbelle City to secure and garrison the premises and turn the city into a fortified stronghold that I wanted to make sure Xiav wouldn't try to mess with unless they were hopelessly senile. One of the major commodities of this place was fuel, and we were going to need plenty of it if we wanted to we wanted to stay mobile. Scouts, spotters, and snipers were on overwatch at the moment to make sure none of those flamboyant asshats would try to interfere with the occupation operation.

After landing the SAE Razorhawk gunship on the landing strip, the SAE Divinity Avenger and the SAE Diamond Seraph landed right behind it. My wingmen, Milos the burly and rugged Raichu and Eagan the nonchalant Typhlosion, were quick to turn off the engines and step out of the gunships. Once they joined me on the airship dressed in their full arctic camo gear, I knew Milos was definitely the first to give his opinion.

"I swear, if it gets any colder, my balls are going to snap off!" Milos shouted over the icy winds.

"We'll deal with it," I told him. "Eagan, did you follow up with mayor Terrance regarding the fortification status?"

"You know the mayor, he'd rather die in a fire than let Xiav piss all over his corpse," Eagan replied, nodding as he gave his report. "They're in agreement as long as Sonne doesn't push recruitment on anyone younger than 16 or older than 60. Other than that, he said, and I quote, 'give them hell at the gates so I don't have to see their ugly faces.'"

"Sounds like my kind of town," I smirked.

I was sure some of the citizens were going to express concerns about their city beginning to look like a fortress, but I figured a good justification for that would be to convince them that the more it looked intimidating for Xiav to attack, the more unlikely they would think of pissing around with it. Unless, of course, Xiav were both assclowns and stupid.

"How long do you think it's going to take before this place is fully fortified?" Milos asked, shouting over the gusting wind.

"Probably a few days," I told him, knowing there was still the pain of setting up AA gun and artillery emplacements. "We're not going to wait on that before moving out to Santalune, though."

"Do we know where Xiav plans on landing its forces?" Eagan asked me.

"We're not sure yet," I told him, knowing it was still too early to assess where they might be focusing their Kalos campaign on. "But trust me, you'll know once those assclowns start infecting something."

In the meantime, I had no intention of sitting around, waiting for them to show up. I intended to prove Kalos was as good as ours, and if they tried to take it from us, we'd let our guns tell them to piss off.
    Last edited by Avenger Angel; 15th January 2016 at 3:04 AM.

Ryuka Kalosia the Lucario
    Brotherhood of Sonne
    Snowbelle City
    Affected RPers: Kaxo the Lopunny (Avenger)
    Passive Abilities: Heart of Heroes (50 Foot Morale Aura Boost)
    Mega Stone Side Quest: 1

"So we've finally here..." Ryuka said out loud as he and his group arrived in Snowbelle City. As the name implies, it was covered in snow. The feeling of the cold white substance wasn't unfamiliar to him, as his home city, Shalour, has also had snow before, but never this in as much quantity as this. It never got this cold either.

Suddenly, Ryuka heard a sneeze behind him, prompting him to turn and face the others that had just gotten off the helicopter they arrived on. Among them was his best friend, Richard the Mienshao, who was clearly the one who sneezed as he began to complain, "Man, they weren't kidding when they said this place was cold."

Along with Richard were a group of other Pokemon that Ryuka had come to know during his time in the Brotherhood. Two Delphox, who were twin brother and sister. One shiny female named Ray, who had two crossbows hanging off her belt, and a regularly colored one named Rin, who had a scythe on his back. A Gardevoir named Nina, who had a bow slung over her shoulder, and finally Leanne, a female Lucario that Ryuka was specifically tasked with protecting, as she was held to a certain importance by the Brotherhood.

"Well, it's called 'Snow'belle for a reason, Richard. What did you expect?" Ray told Richard playfully.

"He probably wasn't ready for the cold. I don't know what the problem is though, it's not bother me any." Rin stated in a smartalexy tone.

"That's because you two are Fire-Types. You're both pretty much immune to the cold." Nina told the two Delphox.

"The cold isn't really bothering me either." Leanne told everyone, she then looked at Ryuka and said, "I guess it's also a Steel-Type thing, do you think so, Ryuka?"

"Huh? Oh, uh....yeah...I guess it is!" Ryuka agreed nervously, something Nina, Ray, and Leanne giggled at, while Richard and Rin snickered., prompting Ryuka to say, "What's so funny?"

"Really, Ryuka? You've known Leanne for how long and you still get nervous when she talks to you?" Rin asked rhetorically.

"I think he's gotten worse about it more than anything." Richard stated jokingly.

Ryuka was then trying to say something in his defense when he heard a voice behind him call out, "Now now, Ryuka's has an important matter to concern himself with at the moment. He doesn't need anyone pestering him over how he acts around Leanne." This prompted him to turn around to see a Blaziken with a Katana alongside a Lucario with a sword and a Mega Stone hanging off his neck, and a Ninetails approaching them.

"Father, Phoenix, Gongjin!" Ryuka said to them.

"I've spoken with Kaxo to make sure he knows what we're about to do here. We shouldn't have any disturbances." Phoenix the Blaziken told the group.

"All right." Ryuka replied before turning to his father, Anubis, and asking him, "Can I see Richard and the others off first? I promise I won't be long."

"That's fine. Just don't take too long." Anubis told Ryuka before turning around to leave.

"We'll be at the Snowbelle Gym where your mother and Master Zhuge are waiting for us. That's where your Rite of Inheritance will take place." Gongjin explained before turning around and heading off with Anubis, leaving Ryuka with his friends that he's about to see off on their own search.

Richard the Mienshao
    Brotherhood of Sonne
    In between Snowbelle City and Route 20
    Search for Mega Stone: 1

After Ryuka's Father left for the Snowbelle Gym, the group headed or the outskirts of the city that lead towards Route 20, and beyond that was Pokemon Village, where Richard decided to look for a Mega Stone of his own. It was decided that Phoenix, Nina, Rin, and Ray would all go with Richard to help him look for it.

Once the reached the checkpoint between Snowbelle and Route 20, Ryuka told the group, "I guess this is where we split up, huh?"

"I guess so, unless you wanna come with us to find my Mega Stone before fighting for your own." Richard replied jokingly with his arms crossed.

"Believe me, I'd like to do nothing more, but...I think Father is very eager to put me through our family's Rite of Inheritance." Ryuka stated. "Besides, we've always been pretty much neck and neck with each other when we were training with the Brotherhood. Isn't it only fitting that we get our Mega Stones at the same time?"

"Ya, it would be. Granted, I think it'll take me more time to get my Mega Stone than you'll take to get yours." Richard said.

"I don't know. Everyone says my Father is the most powerful Pokemon in the world, and I know he's not gonna go easy on me." Ryuka replied with uncertainty.

"Hey, think about it this way. If you beat him, that'll make you the most powerful Pokemon in the world." Richard told the Lucario. "If that isn't a motivation to beat your old man, I don't know what is."

Everyone laughed in response before the two looked into each others eyes. "Good luck out there, Richard. I'm sure you'll find your Mega Stone."

"You know it, and I know you'll beat your father and win that Mega Stone too." Richard replied.

The Lucario and Mienshao proceed to fist bump one another before Richard and the rest of his group turned around and left towards Route 20, leaving Ryuka and Leanne to watch as they did so.

"I don't know about you, but I think Ryuka's got it easy. Beating someone in a fight doesn't sound nearly as bad as having to find a Mega Stone lying around who knows where." Rin said out loud.

"I wouldn't be too sure, Rin." Phoenix told the Delphox in response. "The rumors regarding Anubis's power are as true as they come. Ryuka's in for the hardest fight of his life."

"I think he'll pull it off." Ray stated. "He hasn't been called the Champion of the Crescent Moon for nothing. There's no reason he shouldn't be able to beat his father."

"What do you think, Richard?" Nina asked the Mienshao. "Can Ryuka win?"

"He'll win." Richard answered. "I know it."
    Last edited by Andydemon; 15th January 2016 at 5:49 AM.

Eris Delphi the Delphox
    Order of Xiav
    Laverre City
    Passive Abilities: High Sadist (50 Foot Morale Drain)

Autumn. Autumn as far as the eye could see. Not that I was complaining, the month of decay was the best time of the year. The chill, the horror, the color… It was beautiful, as well as what made me want to return to where I had lived last before this revolution came about. Laverre.

You’d think the horrors I had suffered through would’ve made me want to raze the muddy pit, but in fact, the fact that it seemed to be in an eternal Autumn and the gothic architecture made it the perfect place to set a new capital without having to make major alterations to it. Of course, this former personal hell of mine was soon to become exactly that for those who used to make fun of me. For those that tortured me. For those that beat me. They would pay. In fact, I had heard that the mayor was one of them. Normally, I’d be angry, but all I saw was an opportunity.

The people of Laverre were an interesting bunch when I had lived there, fitting one of three wildly different views. They were either swamp hicks, the uppity Toriningen-Yose, or witches and warlocks. The latter made up a friendly splinter group that have basically taken the town without having to lose any of the real fighters to take the first step in converting the region. The other two may have been of opposite social classes, but the thing that tied them together was a common prejudice towards those with other beliefs. I have no idea what the revolutionaries did with them, but I can guarantee it wasn’t pretty. Serves the self-righteous bastards right.

As the helicopter landed, I looked outside. Firing squads disposed of the Toriningen-Yose scum that survived the revolt. It made me smirk. The blood on the ground near the corpses was… exciting, to put it lightly. I stepped out of the smell of gore and gunsmoke, quite the combination, if I do say so myself. A Zoroark with a light blue scarf and numerous ear piercings came up to me.

“Hello there, my lady Eris,” he said in a rather camp voice. “I would be proud to say my men took care of this place for your arrival, but it seems the locals beat us to it~” He smiled, indirectly boasting the new surplus of recruits.

“So I’ve heard, Ashur,” I answered. “Have you got the town hall secured and the mayor cornered?”

He nodded, having no need to say a word. He led me there, allowing me to watch the effects of the coup that had just taken place. Executing dissenters, keeping order, Pokemon giving into their hedonistic desires, beautiful things.

Then, we arrived. We busted down the doors, the militia made sure that they left the mayor to me, which I made sure to make very clear when telling them what to do to prepare for my arrival. They had the door to the office guarded, and then broke in. There she was, trembling at her desk. The cunt that made my life hell.

“Hello there, Maya~”

“E-e-e-e-e...” the Meinshao gasped, then stuttered if she recognized me now.

“Eris? Why yes,” I said, getting close to her. I cupped her chin with one hand as I bent backwards over her desk. “Though you might remember me as ‘dyke’.”

“B-but…” She started to tear up with fear, realizing I wasn’t going to accept a simple apology. It was quite cute.

“Hush, let me~” I smiled back, pulling her in for a sloppy kiss. Tongue in her mouth, making sure it was sensual as I pulled out my karambit and sliced her throat. Blood fell from her mouth into mine, the unmistakable metallic taste of hemoglobin coming from that wet, wet kiss. The red liquid it started to come out the side of my mouth as we kissed, herself obviously realizing exactly what was happening. I pulled her closer, breaking away from the kiss as I positioned her under me on the desk. The bloody gurgle coming from her throat was quite arousing… there was only one way to repay her for what she had done to me.

Brotherhood of Sonne
    Snowbelle City
    Passive Abilities: Heart of Heroes (50 Foot Morale Boost)
    Mega Stone Side Quest: 2

After they watched Richard and his team head out into Route 20, Ryuka and Leanne walked through the other side of the checkpoint back towards Snowbelle City. There they headed in the direction of the Snowbelle Gym in which Ryuka's father and others were waiting. Along the way as they were walking, Leanne asked Ryuka, "So....Ryuka, do you think you'll be able to win against your father? It's not going to be easy, I can tell that much for sure."

Ryuka sighed in response to the other Lucario's question before turning to face Leanne and tell her, "To be honest, I'm not sure. Father seems to really believe I've grown strong enough to surpass him. That's the whole reason he wants to perform the Rite in the first place. If anything, I'm not so concerned about the Mega Stone, I can fight just fine without it...I...just don't want to disappoint my father."

"You won't disappoint anyone, Ryuka." Leanne said in an effort to reassure him. "I'm sure no one will think less of you if you can't win against your father this time. I sure won't." She reached out and lightly grabbed one of his paws before she continued, "Besides, you can always try again another time, can't you? Your father said himself that you're probably the youngest Scion of Susanoo that's ever attempted the Rite, didn't he?"

"He did, but even he didn't know that for sure. Our family doesn't keep a record of such a thing from Susanoo onwards. You'd think we would since the Rite of Inheritance is supposed to be such an important part of my family's history." Ryuka answered, then proceeded to ask Leanne, "Hey...Leanne? You retain your memories from most of your past lives, right? Is there any chance that you watched the Rite of Inheritance in any of them?"

"I'm sorry." Leanne replied with an apologetic look on her face. "Out of everything I can remember. Nothing pertaining to the Rite of Inheritance stands out. I knew some members of your family in the past, but I never watched them perform the Rite."

"I see." Ryuka responded.

"Hey. Didn't you and Richard promise each other that you'd both get your Mega Stones at the same time? You've always kept the promises you made, and I know you won't break this one." Leanne said to Ryuka.

Ryuka let out a laugh in response to Leanne's statement before saying to her, "Ya, if I can't get the Mega Stone before Richard comes back with his, I'm not gonna hear the end of it."

Soon the two of them made it to the Snowbelle Gym, where they saw another Lucario and a Xatu waiting for them at the entrance. Once Ryuka and Leanne got close enough, the Lucario smiled at them and said, "So Richard is off looking for his Mega Stone now?"

Ryuka nodded to his mother, Reala's, question and told her, "Ya, we promised each other that we'd get our Mega Stones at the same time." Ryuka then lowered his head before continuing, "Though, it probably would make this a lot easier for me if he was here."

"Fear not, Ryuka. I'm sure Richard is cheering you on in spirit, as are Phoenix and the others." The Xatu, Zhuge, replied. "Now, I think it's time for you and your father to perform the Rite of Inheritance. I trust you're ready."

As much as he didn't feel ready, Ryuka knew he needed to be confident in himself if he wanted any hope of defeating his father in a fight. So with all the determination that he could muster, Ryuka nodded to Zhuge and told him, "Ya....I'm ready."

Richard the Mienshao
    Brotherhood of Sonne
    Pokemon Village
    Search for Mega Stone: 2

Richard, Phoenix, Nina, and the Delphox twins, Rin and Ray, all made it to the Pokemon Village. They had been told by Anubis that this was a place that Mega Stones were reportedly found, albeit uncommonly. Nevertheless, this was the closest place Mega Stones could be located from where the Brotherhood had landed within the Kalos region, and Richard wanted to find his Mega Stone and show it off to Ryuka as soon as possible.

Rin looked around the entire area. Unlike Snowbelle City, which was covered completely in snow and was extremely cold, the Pokemon Village was lush with many flowers, trees, and a river, from which one could hear the tranquil noise of flowing water, including a nearby waterfall. It was soothing to look at in just about every way, but unfortunately it wasn't the reason they were there.

"So we can find a Mega Stone here? With all this grass, flowers, and bushes covering the ground, finding it might take a while." Rin stated out loud.

"Yeah, well I don't care how long it takes me to look for one. I'm finding that damn Mega Stone and bring it back with me. I promised Ryuka I would." Richard said in response.

"All right, then let's get down to searching, shall we?" Ray called out as she walked ahead and started shifting flowers around to see the ground beneath them.

"Uh...Sis, I don't think finding Richard's Mega Stone is gonna be that easy..." Rin told Ray with his hand extended towards her.

"Well, it's gotta be somewhere around here, so start looking!" Ray replied.

Ray sighed in response to his twin sister's command before he started towards the trees, intending to search there.

Shortly after the exchange between the twins, Richard, Phoenix, and Nina all split up to begin searching different parts of the village, hoping that the efforts of all of them combined would allow them to quickly find a Mega Stone.

After a while, Rin started to growl under his breath in frustration. Even if he wasn't having any luck finding a Mega Stone, he was hoping that at least one of the others would've found it by now. "How much more searching are we gonna have to do before we find this thing?"

"Be patient. Ryuka's dad said that Mega Stones are found here all the time. They just turn up after a very thorough search, that's all." Ray replied to her twin brother's complaint.

"If it was thorough, then you'd think they'd have found every possible Mega Stone you can get around here." Rin said. "At this rate I'll take whacking a cave wall with my scythe over pushing around grass and flowers."

Shortly after Rin said that, Nina had been searching along the river until she reached the waterfall. There she wondered what could be up there, and whether searching up there would make her search any faster. Ultimately, Nina let her curiosity get the better of her and used her Psychic powers to levitate her body off the ground and up the waterfall until she reached the top. Upon doing so, Nina looked further along the river that formed the waterfall and saw a cave in the distance, prompting her to call out, "Hey, everyone! I found a cave up here!"

"Really?" Richard said as he and the others approached the waterfall in response. "Why wouldn't Anubis tell us about a cave?"

"He probably didn't know about it." Phoenix suggested. "Either that, or he believed that we should find it ourselves. Nevertheless, if we can't find a Mega Stone here, then we must assume that it's inside that cave." As soon as he said that, Phoenix approached the bottom of the cliff next to the waterfall and quickly jumped upwards, effortlessly clearing the entire cliff and landing on the ground next to Nina.

"Hey! What about me? I can't jump that high, and this cliff looks unscalable!" Richard called out when he saw what Phoenix did.

"Come on, Richard. You have Psychic Types like us as friends and you're gonna ask an obvious question like that?" Ray said to Richard as she, like Nina before her, used her Psychic abilities to lift her body off the ground and up the cliff.

"You can thank me for this after we get your Mega Stone." Rin said to Richard as he used his Psychic powers to lift both himself and Richard after his sister up to the cliff with the others.

Once everyone was up on the cliff, Richard looked at the cave Nina found and was the first to head inside. He was eager to find the Mega Stone that he was sure would be in there.

Tacticus, Malamar
    Passive abilities, DARK SUMMONER
    Affected RPer's: None
    Chamber of Emptiness (Kalos, Route 22)

The Malamar waited, with his case at his feet, "Those who are late should not be allowed into the Land of Shadow," he muttered. Adjusting his blue suit for what was probably the thousandth time, he heard footsteps. He distastefully looked down upon the Alakazam that wasted his time.
    Pulling a map of Kalos out of his case,the Dark type placed it upon the ground, "As you see, no real developments have happened, I recommend we take Anistar City, local myths there about their sundial may give us something about Mega Evolution," he said, with disgust evident in his tone, most of which was directed at the fool they sent to advise him.

"Still going after rumors about those stones, aren't you? They won't bring back your parents," The Alakazam muttered. The Malamar glared at the Psychic type before continuing.

"And I see that you have no knowledge of how defensible the position is, Sedgewick,"he continued, occasionally rubbing a limb against the black stone walls of the cave. "Besides, you weren't elected to be in charge of troop movements in this area, I was! If you are going to disobey a direct order, I have every right to expel you from the Xiav!" He roared at the yellow psychic who dared oppose him. "Even if you fail to understand that we have troops in Couriway and Dendemille town, you can understand that whatever crystal they worship MUST have some power!" Panting, the Malamar sat down, glaring at the annoyance opposite him.

"You are still too hasty, Tacticus, there is no way out of the area, and they only have so much food. Why waste valuable lives attacking when we can starve them out? Why do you waste time attacking small towns anyway?" Sedgewick said, before floating over to the tall Malamar that was too impatient to see what he was doing. Glaring at the polished walls of the cave with disgust, the old PSI Pokémon practically felt his powers leaving him.

"I fail to understand why they sent an old incompetent to obstruct me,' Tacticus muttered, "But it doesn't matter anymore," Turning towards the irritant floating a few feet away he continued "You have failed to obey me, your penalty is death," and with that, Tacticus glared at his opponent, laughing as he destroyed the mind of the nuisance, relishing the scream the Alakazam made as he lost the psychic powers that kept him alive.
    Last edited by Omegagoldfish; 15th January 2016 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Making abilities more consistent.
    Still finite.

Ordin Oswald the Haxorus
    Brotherhood of Sonne
    Snowbelle City
    Passive Abilities: Soul Sense (Xiav Detection)

Ordin smiled. Even through the cold, he smiled. He and his best buds were finally in Kalos, and that meant one thing to him: kicking Xiav rears. The warrior dragon was absolutely excited for the prospect. He didn't get the chance to slice or smash any of the cultists during the fall of his friends' homeland. He was glad they managed to get out without so much as a scratch, but he was hoping that he could have fought some Xiav. Sure, he didn't have any holy magic then, but he was practically created from dark magic, so he figured he'd last longer than all the others in there at the time. But now he'd get his chance, and it was going to be glorious slew of battles.

The sound of a familiar voice shivering in the cold made Ordin smile warmer.

"I-I-I-I-I can't--ugh--b-bel-l-lieve it... I-It's colder th-th-than Iccirus i-i-i-in...WINter..." said Rodel as he rubbed himself for warmth in vain.

Ordin turned around and saw a Sceptile witha red jacket holstering a katana and a Nidoking with a light purple one catch up to him.

"Would you like my jacket?" Malaya, the Sceptile said to Rodel, ready to take off said red jacket.

Rodel, the Nidoking, shook his head and continued rubbing himself. "N-N-No, but th-th-t-th-ank y-you."

"Heh. Besides, I don't think that jacket will fit him anyways." Ordin laughed at the glare Malaya sent to him, also noticing his best friend's amused smile.

Malaya sighed in exasperation, then said, "Did we get any orders?"

"N-N-No. Th-Th-They're--we're...f-f-FOR-tifying th-the city."

Ordin looked back at his surroundings. Rodel was right about that. The whole place was being fortified left and right. Gunships flying in, tanks being dropped down, and soldiers coming out from choppers and such. He would probably guess that they'll infuse the land with some holy magic stuff or something. Don't quote him on that though, the only magic he paid attention to were the ones that "holy-fied" his old attack spells. At this rate, no Xiav was going to even think about raiding the place. Especially since Kaxo was here.

He really glad that Kaxo was leading the Brotherhood. He was worried it was going to be some prissy tactician with a "holier than thou" attitude. Well, okay, Kaxo had a little bit of that attitude with his extreme hatred of Xiav. The hatred so extreme that the word was an understatement. He hated the crap out of the buggers, while Ordin was only really here for his friends, Rodel and Malaya. ... Okay, he was also in for the fights against generals and warriors that he might face. But that was just a big, and absolutely great, bonus, he's mainly here to help the Arvos. Either way, the Brotherhood was in good hands with the Lopunny, now if he could only just find a way to challenge the Sonne leader to a match...

"So we help the others fortify?" he heard Malaya say, coping with the cold just fine despite her type.

"Yeah, maybe you could cut up some firewood," he said with a smirk.

Malaya looked at him dryly and stared at him a few moments. Then she said, "Really? That's the best you could come up with?"

Ordin's smirk became toothy. "Maybe."

"A-All right, you t-t-two," he said, shivering less now. He started heading off. "L-L-Let's go. Maybe w-we c-c-could hELp--fortify the e-e-en--trance."

Ordin shrugged and followed Rodel, who already had Malaya by his side, her arm around his torso. He couldn't help but smile at the subtle action. It always warmed his heart at seeing how much the two cared for each other, how they do their best to make sure the other is safe, do comprimises. Sure, they occasionally argued, but it was so rare. He knew for sure the couple will have a good life together. And how much they cared and trusted him never ceased to amaze him and make him happy.

That was what he wanted to protect. Their happiness, and they knew that. They were his treasures. And he was sure to tear apart anything or anyone who dares to ruin them.

A small breeze passed, blowing his trenchcoat in it and Rodel shivered slightly at it. His smile turned a bit mischeivous. He knew the perfect tune to hum right now.

Vivaldi's Spring.

Malaya rolled her eyes as soon as he started humming the inappropriately timed tune.

Ordin found that priceless.
    "I am the courage that fights for beliefs, Fortitude Creed," - Model Z's password, a summary of Zero's beliefs; Megaman ZX

Fossil Fighter Forum
    "I'm just gonna keep on pressin' buttons," - My favorite youtuber, TheGamingBeaver

"Time to fire things up to eleven!"

Check my bio for my status. Image credit goes to Kamotz.

William Hysan, Xiav
    Castelia City, Castelia Sewers
    Abilties: High Sadist: 50 foot morale drain. Masochist, liking of pain

Taking a deep breath of the city air, William smiled as he threw another Sonne captor into the dangerous sewers, still wondering why they obstruct the road to Paradise. Licking the blood off of his knife, he chuckled as he mutilated the bodies before puncturing their lungs, letting them sink into the sludge. He turned upon hearing a scream, another captive to free. He looked outside the sewer, seeing the victim talking to a captor, both were bipedal, and the victim looked panicked.
    "I saw him kill three 'mons, he's still in there! Part of that Xiav cult, talked about freeing them all before slitting their throats!" The captive, obviously feminine, cried towards her captor, who nodded and formed a sphere of blue energy in his paw.

"Don't worry ma'am, the Sonne are here to help, did the suspect have any defining features?", the Pokémon said in a deep voice. The light from the Aura Sphere allowed William to see that the captor was a Lucario, and the captive was a Furret.

"He was short, dark blue and had three reddish growths on his chin, I-I just couldn't see him any better!" The Furret wailed, before the Lucario nodded.

"Name's Hysan, big time killer around here, pain in our assorted rears for years now. Could never track him down, thanks for telling us where you saw him." The Aura Pokémon explained, "At last, I'll bring him to justice, at last, their souls may rest in peace," the officer continued.

"Thank you officer, what is your name?" The Furret asked.

"Name's Vindicus, Officer Vindicus. Glad to be of service. You'll be spoken to in more depth by the chief, he's on his way right now." Vindicus proudly said.

Walking towards the sewer, he thought of all the awards he'd get, for bringing this criminal to justice. Then everything went black.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vindicus woke up on a table, the smell of blood, feces and vomit prominent in this lair, looking around, he noticed that his paws and legs were restrained tightly, above him was an old lamp, hooked to a crude generator, likely left behind by the creators of the sewer. Further inspection revealed a figure lurking in the shadows, the dim light of the room glinting off of his knife ominously.

"You are blinded by your eyes," A voice muttered "Deafened by your ears", it continued "I am here to set you free, no matter your protest in blood or tears," walking into the light of the lamp, revealing himself. He was a dark blue, wearing a reddish brown shirt, and torn sweatpants of a similar color. On his hands were red claws, visibly oozing poison, and his mouth had three bloated red growths upon it. His twisted amphibian features showed a feeling of immense joy, before he finished walking up to the restrained Sonne.

"My name is Hysan," the Toxicroak declared "The one to free you from the shackles of life."

Vindicus struggled against his bindings, but they were sturdy, and he ceased, aware that he would only tire. Glaring at the maniac before him, Vindicus attempted to use his Aura, before a horrible pain in the back of his head stopped him.

"I have taken the liberty of removing those appendages that let you call to be re-imprisoned" Hysan said, displaying four black, tube like organs, blood and a strange blue fire dripping from them. "You're not going anywhere soon," he finished, taking a breath.

Vindicus screamed, for it was all he could do.
    Last edited by Omegagoldfish; 15th January 2016 at 11:42 PM.
    Still finite.

Raszgore the Bisharp
    Order of the Xiav
    Route 14
    Affected RPers: None.
    Passive Abilities: Shadow Walker (Possible merging with shadows.)

Raszgore was sitting on one of the lower branches of a tree. They were inside some forest, the name of which he couldn’t quite remember. It’s a nice place, he thought, pity it’s gonna have to go to waste so soon…. He knew that he could do nothing about it - if the higher-ups had decreed it this way, there was little he could do.
    He reviewed his mission: to scout out the area, report back with information, and kill any he encountered. He hoped that he wouldn’t encounter anyone, because it would mean that the Sonne had yet to set foot in this particular part of the region, and that he wouldn’t have to kill anyone.
    That was the reason he was sitting still right now, in a tree, hidden by the leaves, and his cloak, which manipulated the shadows in such a way that he would be difficult to see even without the foliage. He had sent Kaine off on a reconnaissance mission - the Mandibuzz had no qualms about killing, and was more than comfortable flying about and shooting at whatever he found.
    The rest of his squad were sitting around in the clearing underneath him. They clearly thought that there were no Sonne troops in the vicinity, and they would have been right about that. But Raszgore was not so easily lulled into a sense of security, and kept watch. It was an uneventful job, and after a while he turned his attention to what the rest of the squad were doing to entertain themselves.
    Curly was sleeping on her spear. She was an Absol, and an extremely beautiful one at that. That beauty, however, was dulled somewhat by the dirty state that all of them were in, and the fact that she spent very little time grooming herself. Her fur was sticking out at odd angles, as it always was, and the little sprig of hair that had earned her her nickname was still sticking up in a rather unattractive curl above her forehead. Raszgore knew she slept pretty heavily, and could be difficult to wake. Once, she managed to fall asleep in one of the older model Xiav battle tanks, which were notorious for being extremely loud. She was extremely handy with that spear, and Raszgore had been surprised when she had been allocated to his squad. Someone who was that skilled, he had thought, was surely apt for a higher level assignment. It turned out that she did not have the temperament for command (in fact, having her in command would be disastrous), and that she had some sort of… genetic deficit that made others distrustful of her. She had yet to tell him what it was, and he didn’t ask. Whatever it was, it didn’t help in battle. If it did, he’d have seen it by now.
    Mael seemed to be conducting some sort of scan of the area. The Metagross was huge, even larger than most of his kind. He absolutely towered over Raszgore and the rest of his squad, and was an extremely imposing presence. His eyes were closed, but the weird beeping sound he was making told Raszgore that he was hard at work, perhaps analysing some sort of data that the higher-ups had sent him to analyse. Extremely smart, even for a Metagross, Mael was great at analysing stuff. He was also great at hacking into enemy computer networks, and working any sort of machinery.
    The last member of his squad in the clearing was Kloei (pronounced Chloe). She was the team’s sniper, and an extremely good one. Being a Frosslass, she floated a few inches off the ground, but somehow gave the impression that she had her (nonexistent) feet planted on it. She was leaning against a tree, using her backpack, which held all of the team’s spare clothing, as well as the equipment that was more situational in it’s use. Normally, a squad’s tank (in this case, Mael) carried the pack, but Metagrosses weren’t particularly the ideal candidate for carrying backpacks, due to their anatomy. Here eyes were half-open, but Raszgore she was alert and ready to shoot at whatever came her way. This was because she was always alert, and because she had her hand on her rifle’s trigger.
    Raszgore sighed, leaned back, and closed his eyes. Kloei would keep watch for him, and he needed a little rest. The day so far had been tiring - combing through a forest and recording data was no easy work. Sometimes, only sometimes, he hoped to be in battle.

Valaine the Greninja
    Order of the Xiav
    Route 14
    Passive Abilities: Defiance (Boost to speed and strength proportional to danger), Shadow Walker (Possible merging with shadows.)

Valaine looked up. Someone was calling him. As his eyes adjusted to the light, which was somewhat blinding after being in that stifling little aircraft for so long, he made out the shape of Melanie the Luxray, his technician, calling him. He walked forwards, and gave a little wave.
    “‘Sup?” he said, blinking.
    “Mael says there’s readings on a Sonne vehicle nearby. He’s asking if we can go investigate it. Says it’s an abandoned battle tank or something, and he’s warning us to be careful. Apparently there may be an ambush.” she replied, also blinking. Even though they used those old crafts for transport more often than not, the light still needed some adjusting to. The older model aircraft was not exactly a nice place to be in.
    “Mael, huh? He’s that Metagross, right?”
    “I think so. Only a Metagross could broadcast that type of message to us from that far away. I know that Raszgore’s squad doesn’t have top-notch communications equipment.”
    “I see. Where are the others?” Valaine asked.
    “They should be coming out of the aircraft by now… ah, look. Here they come.”
    The rest of his squad clambered out from their old, somewhat rusty craft, and looked around the clearing. Cyan, the Gardevoire, seemed to be drifting in no particular direction. She was always drifting in no particular direction, and sometimes walked - or floated - into trees. She had a strange, almost cyan blue but not quite shiny colouring, hence the name. An extremely powerful but absent-minded psychic, Valaine usually did not delegate any tasks of high importance to her, because she was liable to forget them. She wore two little bracelets on her arms, with would occasionally twirl around in circles.
    Noire the Gengar was doing a little jig. He always seemed to have a lot of pent up energy, and Valaine knew how to put that energy of his into good use. He was the one the Greninja usually sent to do scouting missions, as well as to draw enemy fire, because he was extremely agile, and more than capable of dodging whatever they shot at him.
    And then, there was Nyx. Valaine didn’t quite know what was going on inside that Zoroark’s head. He didn’t even know his (or her) gender. He (Valaine found it easier to refer to Nyx as a male) was extremely quiet, and not exactly forthcoming in any way. Most of the time, Valaine just left him to his own devices. Nyx didn’t like being interfered with. The last time Valaine had asked him for details on what exactly he did during ‘that last battle’, he was threatened with being eviscerated. Valaine figured that the Zoroark wasn’t above actually doing it, if he could catch him.
    After making sure the rest of his squad was safe and sound, he turned back to Melanie.
    “Did he mention why he wanted us to check it out?” he asked. If he knew one thing about Mael during his few months of working alongside him, it was that the Metagross never asked people to investigate things without a good reason.
    “He said that there was some sort of stone there… Something command had asked him to look into.” she replied. Valaine could see that Melanie was definitely uneasy about this whole business, but she was always uneasy, so that wasn’t anything new.
    Valaine nodded, and sat down under a tree to digest this new information. There was a stone that command wanted, and the higher-ups had never shown interest in chemistry or precious stones or stuff like that before. Obviously, the reason it was wanted could not have been for it’s beauty. Nobody in their right mind sent an expedition to pick up some random, worthless, pretty piece of rock. Then again, the higher-ups weren’t exactly sane either.
    No, it had to be because the stone in question had some practical use. But ore was plentiful where they came from, at least by his knowledge, so it was probably not going to be used as building material.
    Something nagged at Valaine. He swore that he had heard about some sort of stone that unlocked a sort of hidden power within Pokemon. It was probably just a legend, though. He wasn’t exactly knowledgable on the topic of legends, so he left it at that. Perhaps Cyan would know. She knew lots of things, but forgot just as many. Valaine made a mental note to ask her about it.

Kaxo Sychal the Lopunny
    Brotherhood of Sonne
    Snowbelle City
    Affected RPers: Ordin Oswald (TheCharredDragon)
    Passive Abilities: Soul Sense (Xiav Detection), Heart of Heroes (50 foot morale aura boost)

There sure as hell wasn't any shame in wearing a trenchcoat when it came to weather like this. As Milos kept telling me he thought his feet were going to freeze to the ground and he'd have to rip them off to keep walking, I saw fortifications were roughly halfway complete. The AA guns made for ripping both enemy gunships and flying personnel plenty of new assholes were online, and we had plenty of anti-tank guns that were great for blowing the stuffing out of tanks and frying everyone inside, or turning individual soldiers into gravy.

More armored vehicles came into the city, and there were mixed feelings about Sonne military presence. Some citizens appreciated the protection, while others felt like it was impeding on their daily lives. Yeah, go figure. That kind of thing pisses me off, especially considering we weren't here to start a church bake sale or sell flowers.

"Don't mind them," Terrance the Beartic, mayor of the town, told me as he gestured toward the wary civilians. "Most of them don't know what the alternative is. At least not yet, and frankly, I'd like to keep it that way."

"I figured as much," I told the polar bear as my breath came out as a cloud in the cold air. "Better they hear us setting up machine guns in their backyards than watch their kids get turned into zombie meat-puppets. And that's if that bitch Eris is feeling uncreative that day."

"I can't say I know much about her beyond she's a Delphox that specializes in everything dark and wicked," Terrance told me. "You don't know her personally, do you?"

"Sure as hell glad I don't," I told him, really hoping to keep it that way. "I'm not going to be satisfied until she's lying in pieces, because as far as I'm concerned, you could probably cut her goddam head off and she'd still be cursing stuff with her witchcraft or whatever clownshit she's got going on."

In any case, I needed to start giving the orders for some of the other troop to head out. After cutting the chatter with Terrance, I caught side of Ordin the Haxorus helping the fortification progress with Snowbelle City. He was with Malaya the Sceptile and Rodel the Nidoking. It looked like Rodel was freezing his ass off.

"Ordin, good, just the commando I was hoping to see," I told the dragon, figuring he might enjoy this more. "Fortification ops here are going swell, but we need to keep pressing forward, or else these Xiav assclowns are going to be crawling all over Kalos. I need you to take an armed convoy with a contingent of soldiers and head into Santalune City. Once there, radio me and start building the perimeter defenses. Get a sniper team on overwatch just in case. After that, keep eyes on Lumiose. We're going to be heading into there by air and hopefully secure it long before Xiav comes in."

I knew we'd be lucky as hell to pull that off without some kind of confrontation, but those were at least my intentions. I was anticipating there would be a 90% chance we'd be facing Xiav's finest assholes in that place, but as long as we had more guns and men lighting their asses on fire, it was still a good day to me.

"We're wrapping up with fortifications here, so it shouldn't be too much longer," I told him, figuring I was doing Rodel a favor considering he looked like he might piss himself just to keep warm at any moment. "Whatever weapons you need, help yourself. That's what they're there for."

Because there was nothing sadder than an unused gun when there were so many Xiav bastards on the field to gun down like red-handed stepchildren.

Richard the Mienfoo
    Brotherhood of Sonne
    Pokemon Village, Unknown Dungeon
    Search for Mega Stone: 3

Richard and the group entered the cave Nina had found with the intent of searching for a Mega Stone there. The Mienshao himself had particularly high hopes of this cave, fueled by his determination to find his Mega Stone he went deeper in.

The Delphox twins both took their wands out of their robe sleeves and lit them aflame, bringing light into the otherwise dark cave. "You think we're really gonna find a Mega Stone in here?" Rin asked as he checked some of the darker areas with his flame.

"We better. If the area outside didn't turn up anything then there's gotta be something in here. I'll start digging into the walls to find it if I have to." Richard declared.

"If we have to resort to that, then it might take a while." Phoenix stated as he looked around the walls using light magic to illuminate the darkness around him.

"Thankfully the space we need to search here is smaller than outside." Nina said out loud as she also searched with light coming from her hands.

Richard had decided to search in the far end of the cave when he noticed a reflective glimmer near Ray. "Hey! I see something over there!"

Ray looked at the direction Richard had pointed out and approached the glimmering object. When she picked it up, she faced the Mienshao and told him, "Richard, you'll wanna come look at this."

At Ray's urging, Richard slowly approached the shiny Delphox to see what was in her hand, only to see the object looked exactly like the one he's seen in Ryuka's house and around Anubis's neck numerous times. He reached out and took the object from Ray and looked at it in disbelief.

"It would seem we've found your Mega Stone, Richard." Phoenix told the Mienshao.

"Ya..." Richard trailed of as he stared at the stone in awe. He's been eager to find it since before they left Snowbelle City, but now that it was actually in his hand, he was having trouble believing it. "I....I don't know what to say."

"Come on, man! You finally got your Mega Stone, there's gotta be something you wanna say about it?" Rin said to Richard.

"My my, did someone say they found a Mega Stone?" A voice suddenly said behind the group, prompting them to turn around towards the cave entrance, where they saw a cloaked figure standing there. They were able to make out that he was a Lucario, except his fur color was mostly yellow instead of blue, suggesting that he was a shiny. His cloak was also yellow, and covered only his back and hid the upper half of his face beneath the hood he was wearing along with it. His ears were coming out through holes in the hood and his paws were tucked away inside the pockets of his cloak.

"I came here to find one for my dear mistress, but I wasn't expecting anyone to be here, least of all a group." The Lucario started. "Oh well, it's no issue. You all just saved me the trouble of finding it."

"You just walk in here and think we're just gonna give you this?" Richard replied to the figure with mild anger in his voice. "Just who are you?"

"Excuse me? Did you just demand that I tell you who I am without even introducing yourself first?!" The Lucario suddenly said angrily in response, lifting his head and revealing green eyes with what appeared to be glowing green veins pulsating around them under his hood. "How...utterly...rude!"

Suddenly green fire began to appear around the Lucario's body as the area around them started shaking, prompting everyone to look around while Rin asked, "What the hell?! Is this an Earthquake, or is he causing this?!"

A moment later, green tendrils burst from the ground around the Lucario as he flashed a sadistic grin and told them, "Annoying brats! Looks like I'm gonna have to teach you some manners!" before suddenly pulling a knife out of one of his pockets and quickly lunging towards Richard.

Though he had less than a second to react, Richard manage to pull out his sword and block the Lucario's attack at the last split second. Causing both blades to clash into a deadlock. Richard was shocked at how his attacker was able to push against his sword with a knife.

The Lucario then broke out of the deadlock and jumped back from Richard as the tendrils coming from the ground suddenly lunged at the group like a snake striking its prey.

"Dammit!" Richard cursed before he quickly swung his arm in front of him horizontally, causing a shield of light to appear between the group and the Lucario and his tendrils.

GUARDIAN WALL- A strong, impenetrable wall of glowing, holy light is formed, standing 15 feet tall and can stretch for 25 feet at maximum size, although smaller sizes are possible. The wall can be formed at most 50 feet away from the caster. This wall protects against all attacks, including Xiav spells (except Voracious Chasm) and attacks made by conventional weaponry. Also, Sonne forces and attacks can pass through the wall, but Xiav forces cannot and are blocked. This wall can also float in midair, can be in the form of a straight line or be bent in the form of a "C", "O", or "L" shape, and can pass through objects like walls of buildings or underground. This wall will last until the user's next post, but the user can keep the wall up if this spell is used immediately in the next post.
    The shield Richard conjured completely blocked the tendrils from striking him and his friends as the Mienshao called out, "I can hold them off, get that bastard!"

In response, everyone drew their weapons and attacked. Nina used her bow and Ray used her two crossbows to fire arrows and bolts made of light energy at the Lucario, while Phoenix with his katana and Rin with his scythe to slash away at the tendrils so they could attack him as well.

Their attacker however, was able to dodge most of the shots fired at him or even block them with his knife until eventually one of Ray's bolts finally struck him in the shoulder, causing him to stagger in pain allowing Nina to strike him in his chest several times with her arrows. This seemingly broke whatever concentration he needed to control the tendrils as they disappeared shortly afterwards, leaving him standing there injured.

"Grrrrr, Damn kids!" The Lucario said to them as he pulled out the bolts and the arrows now lodged into his body. However, no blood came from his wounds, instead green fire burst out of them. "First you act rudely, then you cower behind a shield and put me through some cheap bullet hell?! You'll regret this!"

With that last threat, the Lucario suddenly burst into green flames once more in a fit of maniacal laughter. By the time the flames died down, he was gone.

"Who the hell was that?" Rin asked out loud.

"I don't know, but something tells me we'll see him again." Richard replied, he then looked down at the Mega Stone in his hand. "We got what we came for, so let's go back to Snowbelle. Ryuka's probably finished fighting his dad by now."

Brotherhood of Sonne
    Snowbelle Gym
    Affected RPers: Kaxo (Avenger)
    Mega Stone Side Quest: 3

Ryuka and Leanne entered the Snowbelle Gym along with Ryuka's mother, Reala, and the Xatu, Zhuge. There they saw Anubis and Gongjin speaking with an Abomasnow, who looked towards the newcomers and said out loud, "Ah, the Successor has arrived! At last, the Rite of Inheritance can begin!"

Anubis and Gongjin turned around in response to his words and saw Ryuka and the others. Anubis approached them first and asked, "So Richard has left for his search?"

Ryuka nodded in response to his father's question and told him, "Ya, we promised each other that we would get our Mega Stones at the same time, but I know he's cheering me on from wherever he is."

"I'm sure he is." Anubis said in reassurance as he guided Ryuka to the large arena in the center of the Gym where Gongjin and the Abomasnow stood. "I thank you again for allowing us to perform the Rite in your Gym, Wulfric."

"The pleasure is all mine." The Abomasnow, Wulfric, replied. "I consider it an honor to play host to such a sacred tradition. I wish your son best of luck."

"As do I." Gongjin stated. "I look forward to seeing Ryuka's strength put to the test firsthand."

"This reminds me of when Anubis inherited the Mega Stone from his mother, Athena. It was quite a fight to behold, I wonder if this will surpass it." Zhuge said.

"Just be careful you two. I know this is tradition in your side of the family, Anubis, but I don't want either of you getting hurt from it." Reala told her mate in concern.

"There's no need to worry, Reala. I trust the two of us won't take things too far, will we Ryuka?" Anubis suddenly asked.

"Of course not." Ryuka replied while shaking his head.

Leanne stepped close to Ryuka and told him, "Please stay safe, Ryuka. I don't want to see you or your father get hurt either."

"I'll be fine, Leanne. I promise." Ryuka said to Leanne before watching her and the others aside from Anubis step off the arena, leaving only him and his father there.

The two Lucario stood at opposite sides of the arena and faced each other before Anubis began to speak. "Ryuka Kalosia, Scion of Susanoo, Champion of the Crescent Moon. You've grown up mastering the light magic wielded by the Brotherhood of Sonne, after joining it you have mastered the sword and have been blessed with Cresselia's power. Now, with your newfound strength, you have one more task to complete to attain power immeasurable: To defeat me, your predecessor, and inherit the legacy of our ancestor, Susanoo. Do you accept this challenge?"

"I do, Father!" Ryuka called back.

"As for our Rite, we both must face each other with our own strength and our own strength alone. We cannot use any weapons, we cannot use the light, and you cannot rely on Cresselia in this fight." Anubis explained, he then placed his paw over the Mega Stone around his neck. "That also means I cannot use the power of the Mega Stone against you. As strong as you may be, it stands little chance against one in their Mega Evolved state."

Ryuka simply nodded in response to the rules. The two Lucario then took up a fighting stance.

"Very well." Anubis said as he prepared himself to face his son. "Ryuka, my son, know that no matter the outcome, I am proud of how far you've come...."

Ryuka was taken aback by his father's words, but maintained his composure. He couldn't let anything distract him, not now.

"BEGIN!"

As soon as that one word was called out, the two Lucario charged at each other and launched a punch at one another, the two fists collided with one another causing a wave of energy that was felt around the whole building to be released. Following that, Ryuka and Anubis traded blow after blow with one another, each one feeling stronger than the last. It was clear to everyone watching that they were evenly matched just by watching how perfectly their attacks collided with one another's. Even Pokemon moves canceled each other out, as Aura Spheres canceled each other out, Force Palms knocked them both back at once, and any attempts to use Bone Rush were blocked, even with Ryuka dual wielding two short batons against Anubis's one long staff.

However, finally one of them got the upper hand as Anubis managed to catch Ryuka off guard and push him off his feet with a Force Palm to his chest. Seeing an opening, Anubis jumped into the air preparing to bring his fist down on his son.

Though it seemed victor was assured for Anubis at that moment. Ryuka remember getting Richard in a similar situation when they sparred with one another, and he remembered exactly what Richard did to gain the upper hand back then. As he saw his father falling towards him for the finishing blow, Ryuka tucked his legs back and kicked them upwards just in time to connect with Anubis's stomach, sending the older Lucario flying back.

Now with Anubis on the ground, Ryuka saw his opening and seized it. He quickly got up and fired an Aura Sphere at his father.

Unable to prepare a defense as he was still getting up from Ryuka's counterattack. Anubis could only raise his head and look just in time to see the Aura Sphere coming at him before it connected, causing an explosion.

Everyone looked on worriedly towards Anubis until the smoke cleared, revealing him to be standing with one of his arms raised defensively. At first it looked as if he had blocked Ryuka's Aura Sphere completely, but after a few moments he let out a pained growl before dropping down to one of his knees, using a hand to keep himself up as he looked at Ryuka and told him, "I....have been defeated. Ryuka...you have passed the Rite of Inheritance."

Even as everyone gathered around Ryuka praising him for his victory, he was simply standing there, letting in sink in that he defeated his father. Even with his friends, especially Richard, encouraging him and saying that he could do it, Ryuka wasn't sure if he could pull it off, and he did.

Reala walked up to the defeated Anubis and helped him to his feet, casting healing magic on him as she did so. "Looks like he was able to win against his father after all, wasn't he Anubis?"

"If I didn't believe he could do it, I never would've challenged him to the Rite." Anubis answered as he and Reala approached Ryuka, who was still looking as if what he did was impossible. With a smile on his face, the older Lucario removed the necklace from which the Mega Stone hung around his neck and presented it to his son. "Ryuka, as the victor in our fight, by the tradition of our family, you are now the new holder and protector of Susanoo's legacy. The first Mega Stone to ever be discovered in all of history, and all the power it contains, is now yours to wield. I know you will use it responsibly."

"T-Thank you, Father." Ryuka replied as he accepted the Mega Stone from Anubis and put it around his neck.

As soon as he did this, everyone heard the door open prompting them to all turn around and see Richard and his group coming in. "We're back!" Richard called out as he headed towards Ryuka.

"Richard!" Ryuka called back as the two approached each other, that's when he saw the Mega Stone hanging from Richard's neck. "You got your Mega Stone!"

"And I see you got yours too! I knew you could pull it off!" Richard said as he and Ryuka grabbed each others paws in a way that they looked like they were about to arm wrestle, only they didn't.

"That was an amazing fight!" Wulfric stated out loud. "I will personally see to it that all of Kalos knows that the Scion of Susanoo has officially inherited his ancestor's legacy."

"You were incredible, Ryuka." Leanne told the other Lucario. "See? You're capable of more than you think you are."

Unable to come up with a response, Ryuka simply smiled and nodded to Leanne in response.

"Come, you two." Phoenix told Ryuka and Richard. "I'll take you both to Kaxo now that you have your Mega Stones."

After hearing some final congratulatory words from Anubis, Reala, Zhuge, and Wulfric, Ryuka and the remaining Pokemon, followed Phoenix through Snowbelle City in search of Kaxo, eventually finding him supervising Sonne's efforts to fortify the cities defenses along with a Haxorus.

"Kaxo!" Phoenix called out as he approached the Lopunny with Ryuka and Richard behind him. "I'm happy to report that our search for Richard's Mega Stone was a success, and Ryuka has passed the Rite of Inheritance. They are both now fully prepared to face Xiav whenever necessary."

Mathilde Berthelot the Scizor
    Brotherhood of Sonne
    Snowbelle City
    Affected RPers: Kaxo the Lopunny (Avenger)
    Passive Abilities: Adamant Heart (Sonne Defensive and Aggression + 1 post, Xiav Affliction – 1 post), Divine Insight (Sonne telepathy), Soul Sense (Xiav Detection)

I thought I knew cold back home, in Dendemille, but this was on a whole other level. I was shivering and all wrapped up in whatever cloak I managed to find, making sure to cover the scar on my chest so the snow wouldn't get inside it... or that it wouldn't freeze. Does that even make sense? I'm not risking it, though. I'd rather not bother healers and look like a complete idiot in the process. I didn't even know I could shiver, but it did recomfort me that others were shivering and having trouble dealing with the temperature. There was no denying that Snowbelle was a gorgeous city, though. White snow all over, pine trees... and then here we come, war machines rolling. I found myself really wondering how these people got their food in this temperature... greenhouses, maybe? Imports?

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I suddenly slipped on some ice. I let out a small yelp, but never actually hit the ground, as I was caught by my... wide Jynx friend, Johan. “Hehe, careful, beaut'~” she said, which merely made me curl up a bit. Jo put me back on my feet and patted my shoulder roughly, as she always did. “Y'okay?” she asked me, and I nodded as a response. “Y'gotta look where y'steppin' here, yeah? Otherwise y'gotta end up on y'tush faster than I down a bowl 'a y'splendid veggie soup~” she said. I think we ended up being friends because we had thick accents...

“M-My... soupe isn't t'at special, Jo... It's just... w-well, veggie soupe...” I muttered, but Jo just laughed and brought me closer, arm around my shoulder.

“Jus' th'fact y'made it jus' makes it better, yeah? Y'grew around veggies, so of course y'gonna make better stuff with 'em~” she complimented again. I still couldn't bring myself to look at her when she complimented me like that.

“O-Oh, Ka... Kaxo's over zere...” I told her when I noticed our leader.

“I'll watch over th'provs, jus' bring'm the inventory, yeah? Everythin's here~” she said, letting me go after a big kiss on the side of the head. Why did she always make me talk? Half the time I just muttered and slurred and mispronounced whatever I said...

“U-Um... Kaxo...? H... Here's de inventory for our provisions...” I said as meekly as ever, giving him the inventory without making eye contact. “I... I am not... just 'ere for cooking, right?”

---

Doctor Zha Li the Blissey
    Order of Xiav
    Laverre City
    Affected RPers:
    Passive Abilities: Yveltal's Blessing (50 feet health drain (Sonne)/heal (Xiav))

A Gym with a tree bursting out of it? This certainly was an... interesting idea. The people of Laverre seemed to be rather... eccentric, to say the least. Flanked by a Tyranitar and a Hydreigon, their names irrelevant, I leaned on my cane after entering the Gym. The local followers had taken care of most of the dirty work, remains and gore scattered along this apparent dollhouse. The smell was familiar, and I was reminded of my days as an... official doctor, you could say.

“You two, make sure all of them are dead. And don't fail me, unless you wish to be in the mayor's shoes,” I ordered the pawns. The Tyranitar huffed and walked away; apparently, being told what to do by a woman of my age was humiliating. The Hydreigon, however, seemed content to do as I asked. I made a mental note that I'd ask his name later, if he proved as useful as he looked. After all, if this was to be our capital, I would need my office, my lab.

I heard a sound coming from behind me, and I swiftly turned around to see a young Sylveon with a knife in her mouth. She flinched when I did and promptly was punished for her lack of punishment, earning herself a cane through the skull with a satisfying crunch as I made sure to twist the blade. After that little display of idiocy, I opted to join the two lugs to make sure their inferior brains caused them to overlook watching their backs, which, of course, they did.

“Gather our local allies and stay here. If you find anyone hiding, then they'll answer to our Mistress, so don't kill them,” I told them, before heading to the mayor's office. I had to wait for a bit, as the guards wouldn't let me (or anyone) inside as Lady Eris made a nice canvas of the office. The centerpiece? Laverre's mayor. Maya, I believe her name was. Irrelevant now. When I was allowed inside, I admired Lady Eris' masterpiece.

“Milady, the Gym has been cleared out, unless there are scamps hidden in secret rooms we are not aware of. Is there anything else you require of me?”

Tacticus, Malamar
    Xiav
    Chamber of Emptiness (R22, Kalos)
    Affected RP'ers:
    Passive Abilities: Dark summoner (summoning)

The Houndoom was early, and made little notice of the dead yellow biped impaled against the smooth basalt walls of the cave, perhaps he could be useful. "I trust you will not be like your predecessor," I said "Or you will share the pike."

The Houndoom laughed, tossing his head back and shooting a small jet of flame from it, "Trus' me pal, Odie don't play games," he shouted in a disgusting accent.

"Good, your first order of business is speaking like a normal 'mon," I muttered, before reaching to my bloodstained suitcase.

"Eh, say somthin' sir?" Odie drawled, his high voice grating on my ears.

"Yes, Laverre City has fallen,' I said, pointing to the dot on my map, "Lady Eris herself did the deed, we are moving in soon, as you are in charge of armor divisions, I request that you get to placing your tanks there immediately." The disgusting quadruped looked shocked for a second, before recovering his composure.

"Well, why didn' ya say somethin'? I'll get to work immed'itly, sir." He continued to drawl with that Hoenn accent, before leaving me to my plans.
    Still finite.

Kaxo Sychal the Lopunny
    Brotherhood of Sonne
    Snowbelle City
    Affected RPers: Ordin (TheCharredDragon), Richard and Ryuka (Andydemon), Mathilde (Inestimate),

Fortifications on Snowbelle were nearly finished, so I wasn't worried about the civilians here getting attacked anytime soon. It was everywhere else that needed the same fortification before all hell broke loose and vomited bile all over the place.

After giving the hulking dragon, Ordin his go ahead to move into Santalune, I got approached by Richard and Ryuka, a Mienshao and Lucario that you'd be hard-pressed to ever separate in life. Leading them was a Blaziken named Phoenix who was no stranger to knowing how to slice up a stupid bastard with a katana.

"Kaxo!" Phoenix called out to me as Ryuka and Richard were following behind him. "I'm happy to report that our search for Richard's Mega Stone was a success, and Ryuka has passed the Rite of Inheritance. They are both now fully prepared to face Xiav whenever necessary."

"Good, Ryuka, hope you had fun beating up your dear old dad," I told him, figuring he now had what he needed to tear a bunch of Xiav asshats a new one. "We're almost done here in Snowbelle. Some of the contingent will be staying behind to provide surveillance and first response in case Xiav is stupid enough to show up. Everywhere else in Kalos still needs to be prepped for all hell to break loose, and we need to take care of that now."

With fortifications nearly done, it was really no surprise all the communication relays had been hooked up and put online. We were going to need that if we wanted to stay ahead of Eris, because as much as I hated that bitch and wanted to stuff her head, arms, and legs down her own asshole, I wasn't going to be an idiot and overlook the kind of asinine shenanigans that witch could do.

After hearing a ping from my headset, I turned it on and soon enough a voice came onto the line.

"For god's sake, please tell me this thing is working," the voice on the other line spoke.

"It's working," I told the operator.

"About time," the voice sighed. "Kaxo, it's Speed and Razor. Looks like our Kalos regional communications uplink is good to go."

Speed was a really impatient and hasty Emolga with a decent sense of directing communications and giving updates regarding tactical situations. He also was good with computers and technical crap, but he was still fully aware of how much they could be a pain in the crotch. As for Razor, he was essentially Speed's wingman. As hard as it was to imagine, Razor was a Bellossom with a talent for computer hacking and breaking into systems without an invitation. Despite the unusual circumstance, he worked well with Speed and the two of them working together were pretty capable.

Both of them had set up the communications relay in one of the underground bunkers in Snowbelle, which was a good idea considering everyone on the surface was freezing their ass off up here.

"So what's the update?" I asked the both of them.

"Emergency responders reported an incident in Laverre City," Razor reported in a tone that implied that could only mean one thing. "One witness reported to the police that she saw seeing Eris enter the town hall, so it's an easy enough assumption that Mayor Maya was rendered into some kind of state that would definitely insinuate a very closed casket."

Just swell, couldn't imagine what those people would be going through. In any case, with Xiav attacking from the north, it put them closer to the capital than us, and that was not exactly the kind of news I was hoping to hear, but I was willing to deal with it.

"Yeah, and they made a really morbid cup of soup out of everyone in the gym and so on," Razor told me. "Those are the only bits and pieces we have for now, but it would be stupid to assume that wasn't them."

"Got it, keep tracking those pricks," I told the both of them. "As long as you keep watching every civilian communication and emergency responder network for things like that, we should be ahead of them. I don't know if Xiav knows where we are at the moment, but they'll likely find out sooner or later."

We just needed to make sure they didn't go too far out of Laverre, but I could already have a good idea what was going on in that place was somewhere between ugly and macabre. Xiav wasn't satisfied with just killing people. They had to torture them first, then kill them, then use the body parts for some god-forsaken piece of artwork. I swore, every last one of them was a mental case.

"U-Um... Kaxo...?" A very rugged-looking Scizor named Mathilde addressed me. "H... Here's de inventory for our provisions... I... I am not... just 'ere for cooking, right?"

"God, no," I told her, thinking that would just be a waste of skill and sanity. "Unload what you have, distribution officers will take care of the rest. We need capable battle freaks like you and me to move out and secure as much out west before Xiav starts becoming a hemorrhoid out there."

Once I had everyone gathered around, I figured I'd make this simple and quick. I wasn't one for giving speeches, pep talks, or any of that garbage. As long as people headed in there with a level head and knew what they were doing, they didn't need any of that fruity crap to stay focused and gun down a few bastards.

"Alright, listen up, because I'm only going to say this once," I told Ordin, Richard, Ryuka, Mathilde, and all the others. "Welcome to Operation Storm Covenant. We're going to be focused on keeping Xiav contained as much as possible to stop them from spreading around like a spilled cup of piss. Ordin and Mathilde here are going to take a contingent of soldiers and some of the armored division into Santalune. Route 21 and Route 22 is a long stretch to travel, but distance is barely anything even worth fussing about considering all of us are more than likely going to have to be fighting ghouls with their heads ripped off and likely an extra arm growing out of their god-forsaken neck. Ordin and Mathilde, once in Santalune, we need a roadblock on Route 4 to make sure Xiav doesn't send anything further out east. I anticipate heavy fighting in the capital city, and the last thing we need is a few more Xiav asshats flanking us from there."

"The rest of us are taking the flight to Dendemille Town to make sure that doesn't become a Xiav breeding pit for cesspool suckers like Eris's own mother," I told them, especially Richard and Ryuka. "Once we have the town secured and fortified, we're building the roadblocks on Route 15 and 16 to make sure we have the eastern half of Kalos secured and locked down. Once we've gotten these objectives down packed, I'll radio all of you to head into Lumiose. I've gotten contact that Xiav is already in Laverre and will likely be sending most of their forces from the north. Chances are good Lumiose is going to a bloodbath, but it's not worth letting the eastern half of Kalos take the risk of becoming a piss-pool like I'm sure Laverre has already been reduced to."

"With all that said, keep level heads and if you're feeling at all sympathetic about shooting these assclowns, just bear in mind..." I told all of them, "...chances are good whatever they had left for a soul is already dead. Now let's move out and make sure Kalos doesn't have to keep seeing Eris's face for much longer!"

And with that, they had their orders. Operation Storm Covenant was probably the best way to make sure Eris wouldn't be prancing any further into eastern Kalos, but I wasn't about to underestimate what she was capable of. But in the end, I wasn't going to make killing her some kind of spectacle. I just wanted it to be done and that was it.

Richard the Mienshao
    Brotherhood of Sonne
    Snowbelle City
    Affected RPers: Kaxo (Avenger), Ordin (Charred), Mathilde (Inestimate)

"Good, Ryuka, hope you had fun beating up your dear old dad." Kaxo said to the Lucario.

"Not....really. I didn't fight him because I wanted to." Ryuka replied.

"We're almost done here in Snowbelle. Some of the contingent will be staying behind to provide surveillance and first response in case Xiav is stupid enough to show up. Everywhere else in Kalos still needs to be prepped for all hell to break loose, and we need to take care of that now." Kaxo explained. Then got into a conversation with someone over his headset, then got approached by a Scizor.

"Alright, listen up, because I'm only going to say this once," Kaxo started with everyone gathered. "Welcome to Operation Storm Covenant. We're going to be focused on keeping Xiav contained as much as possible to stop them from spreading around like a spilled cup of piss. Ordin and Mathilde here are going to take a contingent of soldiers and some of the armored division into Santalune. Route 21 and Route 22 is a long stretch to travel, but distance is barely anything even worth fussing about considering all of us are more than likely going to have to be fighting ghouls with their heads ripped off and likely an extra arm growing out of their god-forsaken neck. Ordin and Mathilde, once in Santalune, we need a roadblock on Route 4 to make sure Xiav doesn't send anything further out east. I anticipate heavy fighting in the capital city, and the last thing we need is a few more Xiav asshats flanking us from there."

"The rest of us are taking the flight to Dendemille Town to make sure that doesn't become a Xiav breeding pit for cesspool suckers like Eris's own mother," Kaxo continued. "Once we have the town secured and fortified, we're building the roadblocks on Route 15 and 16 to make sure we have the eastern half of Kalos secured and locked down. Once we've gotten these objectives down packed, I'll radio all of you to head into Lumiose. I've gotten contact that Xiav is already in Laverre and will likely be sending most of their forces from the north. Chances are good Lumiose is going to a bloodbath, but it's not worth letting the eastern half of Kalos take the risk of becoming a piss-pool like I'm sure Laverre has already been reduced to."

"With all that said, keep level heads and if you're feeling at all sympathetic about shooting these assclowns, just bear in mind...chances are good whatever they had left for a soul is already dead. Now let's move out and make sure Kalos doesn't have to keep seeing Eris's face for much longer!" Kaxo finished.

"Very well then." Phoenix replied before turning to face his whole crew. "You heard our orders, team! We fly for Dendemille Town immediately!"

"Finally! I can't wait to get into action! With these Mega Stone, we'll be unstoppable!" Richard said enthusiastically as he punched his fists together.

"Sir," Ryuka said to Kaxo. "I doubt you have any objections, but my mother and Richard's parents offered to teach the hospitals around the city our healing magic, and my father agreed to train any volunteers that may want to join our cause here. I just thought you should know."

With those final words, and their orders clear. Ryuka, Richard, Phoenix, and everyone with them all headed off to where the helicopters were. As they boarded, Phoenix called out to his forces, "Alright everyone, the time has come to secure the east side of Kalos! We're stopping at Dendemille Town, and word is that Laverre City has fallen to Xiav! He must assume some of their forces have entered Dendemille already, so it's our job to eliminate any presence they may have there and set up blockades to keep them out!"

Brotherhood of Sonne
    Dendemille Town
    Passive Abilities: Heart of Heroes (50 Morale Boost)

Phoenix's forces had flown into the outskirts of Dendemille Town. Amongst the many helicopters flying in, one was transporting Ryuka, Richard, Phoenix, Nina, and Leanne, while another was transporting Gongjin and the Delphox Twins.

"We're entering Dendemille's airspace, keep an eye out for any strange or violent activity amongst the civilians, that may suggest the offenders are with Xiav. If you see such behavior, apprehend the culprit. Only kill them if you have to, we don't want to frighten the innocent until we've talked with the mayor and shown that we mean them no harm!" Phoenix explained to his troops. "Ryuka, now's the time to check for any dark aura in the city, if you see anyone that possesses such an aura near us or any of our troops, inform them immediately."

"Right." Ryuka replied, he then closed his eyes and focused until the appendages on the back of his head lifted up and through his closed eyes everything became surreal. Blue energy outlined his surrounding, white energy was emitting from all the Sonne troops inside the helicopters, and light blue energy was emitting from the civilians below...along with purple aura amongst them, some movements suggesting violent behavior, others not. "I see them, some of them appear to be hiding amongst the civilians, others are showing violent behavior."

"We'll deal with them as we progress, right now we need to speak with the mayor. As we make our way to Town Hall, I want you to point out any nearby followers so we can apprehend them." Phoenix told Ryuka.

Indeed, as the Brotherhood touched down and made their way through the Town, a good chunk of the Xiav followers they passed by had been apprehended, either because Ryuka spotted them or because they acted out against the troops nearby. A couple of them even noticed what the Brotherhood was doing and tried to attack Ryuka, only to be stopped before they even got close.

"Can everyone please bring the apprehended in front of Town Hall? I want to talk to them." Ryuka asked the forces over the radio as they closed in on Town Hall.

"You want to try to reason with Xiav followers? That's crazy, Ryuka, they're fanatics!" Rin exclaimed in shock at Ryuka's request.

"It'll be fine, Rin. I can talk to them, I know it." Ryuka replied.

"I think it's the right thing to do, Ryuka," Leanne told the other Lucario. "and I think it's admirable."

"I know you too well to try and talk you out of this." Richard said. "But I also know if anyone can talk to someone that made the wrong choice, it's you."

By the time they made it to Town Hall, several Sonne operatives were waiting there with many Xiav followers handcuffed in front of the building, as Ryuka requested. Knowing what he had to do, the Lucario took his place in front of the followers, looked at each and every one of their aura to make sure they were all members of Xiav before opening his eyes, and spoke out to them, "Followers of Xiav! My name is Ryuka Kalosia, Scion of the Evolved Prince Susanoo, and recent inheritor of his legacy, the first Mega Stone! I know that you have all aligned with Eris and have devoted yourselves to her cause, I'm also sure you all have been made to do terrible things in her name! Crimes that many would consider unforgivable...irredeemable, but I stand before you now so that I can tell you...that no matter what you all have done...I...forgive you, and I want to offer you all something no one else would, and that...is redemption!

After delivering his speech, Ryuka threw his arm out towards the Xiav followers in front of him, and cast a bright light that enveloped them all.

HAND OF REDEMPTION - Through the light of forgiveness and redemption, the caster can cause all enemy Xiav Pokémon in a 50 foot radius to suddenly be graced by cleansing light, turning these once evil Pokémon into Prospects. These Prospects will instead turn on their Xiav compatriots to cleanse their souls of the sin by fighting for the side of good. These Prospects will fight for three of the caster's posts, at the end of which they pass onto their eternal rest in the heavens if the effect has not been dispelled or the Prospects have been killed in action early. Lastly, upon the third post and ascension into the heavens, they bid farewell to their new Sonne allies with the light of redemption, nearby Sonne soldiers are healed upon the Prospect's ascension.
    NPC Effect: - NPCs become full-fledged Prospects and turn on Xiav. In this state, NPCs can neither use Sonne nor Xiav magic, and will only attack with standard Pokémon attacks. Upon the third post, if the redemption was not dispelled or the Prospect was not killed in action, these Prospects will say goodbye to their new Sonne allies, slightly healing all Sonne soldiers in a 20 foot area.
    PC Effect: - PCs become partial Prospects, and will have voices speaking in their head and will have the tendency to want to lash out against their own allies, although they will be able to resist the influence better than NPCs. After three posts, if the PC hasn't been cured, the light of redemption will prevent them from being able to use Shadow Magic for that one post, after which the Hand of Redemption effect expires.

Post Header Note (For Affected Xiav PCs): "Hand of Redemption [<X> Posts remaining]" (Where "X" is the number of posts the victim is a partial Prospect. When the countdown expires, they will be prevented from using Shadow Magic for that one post)
    After the light Ryuka cast seeped into the followers around Town Hall, one of them, a Gallade, stood up and looked at Ryuka telling him, "We thank you for cleansing us off Xiav's corruption, Scion! Please, tell us how we may thank you!"

"There's still followers of Xiav hiding here in Dendemille, and we need to fortify a defense around the town so that it doesn't fall to Xiav as Laverre has! We need to work together to accomplish both, will you help us?" Ryuka asked the newly cleansed Prospects.

"Of course, Scion. It would be our honor to aid you!" The Gallade stated as he and the other Prospects were freed from their handcuffs. "Come, everyone! We owe the Brotherhood a dept of gratitude, and we shall repay it!"

After the other Prospects cheered in agreement with the Gallade's words, they headed off with their new Sonne allies to either find the remaining Xiav followers in the Town, or help set up roadblocks to the three exits around it. Either way, Ryuka looked on smiling.

"You did the right thing, Ryuka. Just like you always do." Leanne told him.

"Ya...I just wish this spell could last, then they could really be given the second chance they deserve." Ryuka replied before he turned around and walked into the Town Hall with Phoenix, Richard, and Leanne, while the rest of the group opted to wait outside.

As the group walked deeper into the building, they came across a door with what appeared to be an agent of sorts standing in front of it until he simply stepped aside and opened the door. "You've gotten our Mayor's attention with that stunt you pulled outside, Scion. She wishes to speak with you. Please enter."

"Thank you." Ryuka replied as he and the group walked inside, there they saw a chair facing the window in the back of the room. This window was over looking the front of the building where Ryuka just converted the Xiav followers.

"You've made quite a spectacle here in Dendemille, child." A voice said as the chair turned around to reveal a Mega Mawile sitting in it. She got off said chair and went around the desk until she was in front of it. "I am Ruby, Mayor of Dendemille Town. I understand you wish to negotiate with me on the Brotherhood of Sonne's behalf?"

"Yes, Ma'am." Ryuka replied with a nod.

"Those Followers had been quite the hassle of late. When I heard that there was a staggering increase in violent activity in Town, I had my suspicions that Xiav was involved, especially after the news of what happened in Laverre, but you and your Brotherhood managed to expose them in no time. Not only that, but despite them being your enemies, you opted to take them alive and bring them over to your side instead of outright killing them. Such an act of compassion deserves praise." Mayor Ruby told Ryuka.

"I was just doing what I thought was right, Ma'am." Ryuka stated.

"And I for one respect you for it." Mayor Ruby told the Lucario. "I believe I can trust the Brotherhood of Sonne to protect us from Xiav. Henceforth, I will allow you to take whatever measures you require to do so. However, in exchange I want you to keep any involvement of civilians on a voluntary basis only. I will not tolerate forcibly drafting them into a war they want no part in, is that clear?"

"Of course." Ryuka answered.

"Then we have an agreement. Now go, child, and give your leader my regards." Mayor Ruby finished before the group headed out her office to oversee the fortifications.

Valaine the Greninja
    Order of the Xiav
    Route 14
    Passive Abilities: Defiance (Boost to speed and strength proportional to danger), Shadow Walker (Possible merging with shadows.)

Valaine, upon hearing Cyan’s answer, immediately jumped up, snatched Melanie’s communications device, and began talking into it furiously. Nobody could quite make out what was coming through the other end, but they could hear the Greninja’s voice loud and clear.
    “How many stones are there?” There was a tone of urgency to Valaine’s voice. There was a muffled reply.
    “How many does command want?”
    “W- [zzt] - be, [bzzzt] re.” The reply was somewhat muffled, and this was all the onlookers could make out.
    “Reckon we can get away with…”
    “M[zzzzt] - w - [zzt] -ew.”
    “Okay, then. Any of you guys in the area?”
    “All [zzt]”
    All of you?! Why don’t you come yourself, then?”
    “T-[zzt]-ar”
    “Jesus… you guys have a flier, send him over.”
    “Under [zzt]. H- [zzt] - ay.”
    Valaine threw the communications device back to Melanie, who was looking very confused about this whole matter. After making sure everyone was listening, he began briefing them on the mission ahead.
    “Okay, guys, listen up. We’re going to scout out an old, hopefully abandoned craft. There’s some very valuable cargo it’s carrying, and we need to secure it. Mel and Ci-ci, you guys will stay back and give us cover fire if we need it.” Valaine said, gesticulating wildly while he did so. “Nyx, you’re front lines. Take on whoever comes your way, except us, and hold them off. Noire and I will make a dash for the package, and help you guys mop up, if necessary. Understood?”
    They murmured assent, and the squad was off, tearing through the foliage, and making sure that if they were being watched, the watcher knew they were coming. There was no point hiding their presence - they’d see them when they began the assault on the craft, and hiding their presence won’t help. After all, they were going to go in guns blazing.
    After a good five minutes, they reached the clearing in question. Something was definitely odd about it, and they could tell they were being watched. Valaine motioned for the rest of his squad to stay back, and ventured forwards to peek through the bush that obscured his vision. There was an old vehicle there, probably a battle tank. The turret that was usually on top of battle tanks had fallen off, and was lying who-knows where. Valaine made a waving gesture at Melanie, and caught the device she threw at him. The Greninja held it up to his eye, snapped a picture, and sent it to Mael with the caption ‘this it?’.
    The reply came a few moments later. This was ‘it’.
    “Okay.” Valaine said, throwing the device back at Melanie. “I’m going in. Noire, come here. Mel and Ci-ci, prepare to give us cover fire. Nyx, just do whatever you like, as long as you don’t kill us and kill them. Understood?”
    Murmurs of assent.
    Valaine steadied himself, blew a loud whistle, and broke into a sprint, running into the clearing, with Noire the Gengar close behind. He felt the wind on his face and noted that he was travelling a bit above normal speed - there were enemies in the area, and the enchantments were kicking in. Noire seemed to feel it too, and was acting a bit jittery. They crossed the gap from the foliage and the tank in a second or so, and Valaine steadied himself behind it, looking for an opening, as well as using the vehicle for cover. There was none on the side - the only opening was the hole on the top. The Greninja knew that going through right now would be suicide - if he was planning an ambush, he’d have snipers all over the area, aiming for the hole on top. Noire seemed to know this as well, and did not proceed.
    Nyx walked into the clearing, eyes scanning the foliage around them for signs of life. They looked uninhabited, but one could never be so sure. He too had seen his commander sprinting at speeds above normal, and knew that danger was around.
    Melanie and Cyan waited in the forest, preparing to shoot at whatever they saw.
    They remained like this for two minutes or so - Nyx standing in the open, holding his staff - his weapon of choice - upright, Valaine and Noire ducking behind the tank, and Cyan and Melanie hidden in the forest. They needed to break the stalemate, or they’d run out of time and have to return to Laverre to report. Or, Valaine could wait for Raszgore’s flier to get here. But he didn’t want to do that - it was his squad’s mission, and his squad's alone.
    “Nyx.” Valaine said, turning to the Zoroark. “Start shooting at the trees. Just don’t hit Ci-Ci and Mel.”
    The Zoroark nodded, then let go of the staff, letting it drop to the ground. He pulled out two handguns, very much like the ones Valaine himself owned, and began shooting, randomly, into the trees around them. He used up both of the guns’ bullets, and stopped to reload.
    Whoever that was hiding in the trees seemed to have decided that he, or they, needed to move before they got hit by one of the Zoroark’s bullets. They probably didn’t know that the guns only held normal bullets without any enchantments, so they’d act like the bullets would immediately kill them, which Valaine knew bullets could be enchanted to do. There was a sharp ‘crack’, and a bolt of something shot through the air, tearing off some of Nyx’s hair - the Zoroark had ducked just in time.
    Immediately, Melanie and Cyan retaliated. A thunderbolt and some sort of psychic projectile flew through the air, and he heard muffled cursing from where the place where the previous shot had came from. Valaine, seeing that they were distracted, vaulted onto the tank, and ducked inside, before anyone could shoot at him. Inside the tank, he heard sounds of his squad and whoever they were fighting exchanging fire.
    He looked around. It was a small vehicle, very cramped. There was a large box, which was empty, and a small sack, which was not. At least, it didn’t look empty. Valaine made his way towards it.

Casimir the Zoroark
    Order of Xiar
    Lumiose City, Kalos
    Affected RPers:
    Passive Abilities: Friendly Fire

Lumiose City. The capital of Kalos was as fantastical as it was made out to be. Each building had a different design that made it stand out from all others that surrounded it. And yet not a single one clashed with it’s surroundings, every building working as a puzzle piece to create a grand picture that could only truly be appreciated from above.

Near the northern exit to Route 14, which was blocked off due to some rather unfortunate events involving some crazed Delphox, I stood. Not on the ground. I was no idiot. I sat on a roof, cloaked inside of an illusion of invisibility. I had no business in this city, I was simply here to see it. I had long ago added visiting the Prism Tower to my bucket list, and what better time to do so before it was inevitably toppled? Jumping down from my perch I began to navigate my way over to my destination.

The city was uncharacteristically empty. Most residents or visitors had already fled, knowing they would get caught up in the destruction if they stayed. The few who had foolishly refused to leave could be found wandering the streets. One passerby, a Florges, floated past me, tears very noticeable in her eyes. I assumed she herself was ready to leave, and was getting one last look at the city before heading south, where the Brotherhood would be waiting.

I finally reached Prism Tower, the heart of both the city and the region. Staring up the massive steel structure, I prepared myself to enter. My goal was the top, which I knew I could access from an elevator located inside.

The room inside was featureless: a simple room made of silvery steel that led up to another entrance. Behind that entrance was the set for the famous Kalos game show: Kalos Kwiz. Anyone who wished to challenge the gym located deeper within had to participate before their challenge was accepted. Those who simply came to sightsee could use the elevator located right next to the door. I moved inside and tapped the button labeled ‘TOP,’ and the elevator reacted by soundlessly moving upwards. It took a while for me to realize that I had started moving, and by that time the elevator doors had opened, revealing a round, windowed balcony. The room was empty, but I decided to remain invisible, just in case.

Looking out, I found myself enamored by the view. It was not the aerial view I was hoping for, but seeing the city from this far up left a pang of guilt gnawing at my stomach.

That Delphox was going to destroy this city. And I was helping her.

I sighed as I clutched my white scarf, and moved away from the window back to the elevator. I was done here. My next destination would take me through Route 16. Dendemille Town. I’d heard the place gave a feeling of tranquility that few other locations had to offer. I doubt it’d stay that way for long, heck, I could feel the tension from inside the elevator. All the more reason to make it quick.
    Don't you just hate it when you're reading something and then you accidentally mistake someone's signature for part of their post? I do too.

Brotherhood of Sonne
    Dendemille Town

After Ryuka spoke with the Mayor of Dendemille Town, he found out that the Prospects he converted into helping them earlier had help find and rout out the remaining Xiav forces in the Town. Though he wished he could've been given the chance to convert them as well, he at least was grateful that the Town was safe from their presence. Now all that was left was to fortify the city and make sure Xiav didn't come back here, a task Phoenix was overseeing personally.

As soon as Sonne was given the okay to stay here. Communications were set up to get in touch with the Sonne forces in Snowbelle. Shortly after it got out that Dendemille accepted Sonne's presence, helicopters flew in carrying heavier weapons and vehicles, namely tanks. As much as Phoenix wanted to have APCs and tanks brought in with the initial group of helicopters, but Sonne hasn't establish a meaningful presence in either Anistar City or Couriway Town yet, and moving vehicles through them would've been difficult. However, the helicopters from Snowbelle were able to transport everything they needed just fine. Between the tanks AA guns, and reinforcements being brought into the Town, the sniper teams watching over the three entrances, and the Mayor herself supplying the Brotherhood with the means of building a garrison around the city, it was only a matter of time before the fortifications were complete.

While Phoenix and Gongjin where supervising the garrisons construction, Ryuka, Richard, Leanne, Nina, and the Delphox Twins were all sitting on top of a building overlooking the west side of town.

"It sure is a nice view up here. As much as I prefer the view of the coast in Shalour from the Tower of Mastery, I can't deny this has it's appeal." Ryuka said as he crossed his legs and looked towards Route 15, and towards Laverre City beyond it. "I wish we could've been there to stop Xiav from attacking Laverre. I don't even want to think about what they did to the civilians there."

"The same thing they're gonna do to everyone else in this region if they have their way." Richard started. "That's why we need to get to all the other cities before they do."

"It's not going to be that simple, Richard. We can only be in so many places at once." Nina told the Mienshao.

"Then we'll just take everywhere around Laverre and block them from escaping, then we move in and finish them off once and for all." Rin stated confidently.

"Somehow I doubt that things are gonna be that easy." Ray replied to her brother's words, she then took one of her crossbows and pointed it towards Laverre. "All I know is once we find Eris, I'm going to put her down myself. I won't be looked at as another Eris just because she looks like me!"

"I've never thought that about you, Ray. None of us have." Leanne told the Shiny Delphox. "And if anyone ever does, we'll be there at your side to prove you're nothing like her."

"Hell ya! I'm not gonna let anyone say anything bad about my sister over whatever crap someone else pulled!" Rin declared.

"Same here!" Richard agreed. "You're not Eris, and you never will be, and I'll be there to tell them that!"

"No matter what anyone thinks of you once this is over, you'll prove them wrong, Ray, and we'll help you do just that." Nina said.

"Ya....we're your friends, and nothing will change that, least of all how you look or what you look like." Ryuka stated.

"Thanks, everyone." Ray said to the group as she put her crossbow away and stood up. "I feel like helping out with building up this town's defenses. What do you guys think?"

"Sounds good! I'm getting bored just sitting up here anyway." Richard replied as he got up.

"What better job for a Psychic Type than to help with constructing a garrison!" Rin stated, standing up as well.

"Just because we can do the job better doesn't mean we should do it alone." Nina told Rin as she got on her feet and went with the others, leaving Ryuka and Leanne as the only two left.

The two Lucario stood up and looked at one another before Leanne asked Ryuka, "I guess we better go help too, huh?"

Ryuka simply smiled at Leanne and nodded to her answering, "...Ya..."

A moment after he said that, Richard suddenly came back and called out, "Come on, you lovebirds! We've got a job to do!"

Hearing Richard call them 'lovebirds' caused Ryuka and Leanne to blush and look away from each other for a moment. However, they simply turned back to look at one another again with a smile before they both headed after Richard to help with the fortifications.

Ordin Oswald the Haxorus
    Brotherhood of Sonne
    Snowbelle
    Affected RPers: Kaxo (Avenger Angel), Mathilde (Inestimate)
    Passive Abilities: Soul Sense (Xiav Detection)

Ordin handed Rodel another tool, which the Nidoking accepted before going back under the hood. They were fixing up one of the trucks carrying stuff he had paid little attention to exactly what it was. Rodel was fixing the engine, Malaya was at the driver's seat, at Rodel's call, and the driver, a male Meowstic, was making sure the stuff he was bringing in the truck was fine. Apparently, the engine was in a bit of a bad condition from lack of proper care, and it drew its last straw out in the cold of Snowbelle. Ordin glanced at the ground by his foot, where there was a small pebble. He looked back at Rodel and moved his tail near the object before flicking as far away as he could. Not that he had unintentionally had debris hit its engine when he was helping with fortifying. ... ... He'll tell Rodel later; he didn't need to know right now.

The engine roared to life and Rodel closed the hood. He said to the driver, "Th-That sh--ould do it."

Malaya got out and helped Rodel put back his tools as the driver went to them. He gave a slight bow and said, "Thank you."

Rodel smiled. "N-N-No problem."

It was at this point that a new voice chimed in.

"Ordin, good, just the commando I was hoping to see."

Rodel and Malaya finished packing when Ordin turned his head to the voice's owner. His ears were indeed working. It was none other than Kaxo himself. What a surprise.

What he said next made Ordin's face slowly look like a kid getting their birthday present early. But as much as he wanted to instantly say yes, he glanced back at Rodel, who had Malaya's arm over him in a vain attempt to keep warm. When Rodel saw his expression, he gave a warm smile and a small nod. Ordin's own grin became toothy at the answer. He looked back to Kaxo just as he spoke with Pheonix, a Lucario, Mienshao and a few other Pokémon. He knew them, but the only other name he could recognize from the group's conversation was Ryuka, son of Anubis. Apparently just defeated his father. He heard of his father. In fact, he was on his mental "To Challenge" list, but now that his son beat him...

He added him to the list.

Soon after that, someone else joined in. This one, he recognized. It was Mathilde, the Scizor cook with a heavy French accent. Not only that, she was a great fighter. Seriously, look at all that battle damage. She's survived some pretty hard fights to have those. He had her on his list too. But anyways, Kaxo started talking about the plan, Operation Storm Covenant. Ordin couldn't help but think it was an awesome name. Kaxo ordered for him and Mathilde to bring a contingent of soldiers and some armored vehicles up to Santalune. Funny, Mathilde was one of the people he was thinking of asking to come along. Everything after his orders he paid no attention to, he only looked at him to feign attention. As soon as the big boss was done talking, he gave a thumbs up with a toothy grin and said,

"One fortified Santalune coming up!"

He could just feel Malaya roll her eyes at the themed answer. Hey, it was still funny to him, and that was enough.

He saw Rodel look to Mathilde and said, "W-We'll g-get s-s-s-started and g-go on aHEad."

As they left, Ordin turned back to Mathilde and gave a short two-fingered salute. "See ya on Route 21!"

He had a few other 'mons in mind to bring along. More specifically, Rodel's other friends.

--

OOC: Feel free to have Ordin, Rodel, and Malaya with you, Inestimate. Just don't describe any of the troops he's bringing.
    "I am the courage that fights for beliefs, Fortitude Creed," - Model Z's password, a summary of Zero's beliefs; Megaman ZX

Fossil Fighter Forum
    "I'm just gonna keep on pressin' buttons," - My favorite youtuber, TheGamingBeaver

Eris Delphi the Delphox
    Order of Xiav
    Laverre City
    Passive Abilities: High Sadist (50 Foot Morale Drain)
    Affected RPers: Cata (HM02gon), Cain & Medea (TheCharredDragon), Doctor Li (Inestimate)

I took a deep breath, then pulled out my cigarette holder, loading and lighting it with a touch of my finger before inhaling the smoke from the long, plastic tube. I blew rings of smoke into the face of Maya, who lie dead under me on her desk. Beautifully drained of her blood, lying there all sexy, as she always was. And just as I had expected, she was just as good of a lay as she was attractive. Even more so with the enormous gash in her throat, bleeding out as I had my way with her.

Before I unlocked the door to her office, I made sure to get my robe and other clothing back on. I readjusted my glasses, pulling out a piece of paper and a pen and beginning to write:

Cata,

I’m assuming that Lumiose is going to be a key point of capture for Sonne. Get your men there, and make sure you claim it. Preferably with as little destruction as possible. I always dreamed of visiting one of the many cafes there. I’ll even invite you to come along if you succeed~
    Then came the second note:

Cain & Medea

We need to make sure that Laverre can’t be flanked from Dendemille. Please take it for me, and you’ll be rewarded generously~
    After that, I opened the door to see Doctor Li herself. I held the door open for her, and she admired at Maya’s body on the desk.

“Milady,” she said, “the Gym has been cleared out, unless there are scamps hidden in secret rooms we are not aware of. Is there anything else you require of me?”

I smiled.

“Of course, Li,” I said, a bit of unsettling, lustful sweetness in my voice as always. “Of course! There’s an issue I’m having with this city. You see, Dendemille is not far, and could be used to station an attack on us. I’ve already got a letter for Cain and Medea to go there. Why don’t you accompany them? Three feared members of our lovely order would terrify any Sonne that would even think of going there~”
    And with that, I handed her Asher, the camp Zoroark commander who stood outside the door, the letters.

“Get these delivered to Cain and Medea, and the other to Cata. Have one of your men get it to the two Zangeese, and you can get it to Cata. Accompany him, why don’t you? And tell him I said not to be too rough on you unless you specifically ask to.” I giggled.

“Yes, ma’am!” he said, handing Cain and Medea’s letters to a Gardevoir before running off to deliver Cata’s.

Upon walking outside, I saw just how fast we had assembled our defenses. Given that the city was taken around six years ago by supporters, who had been expunged a few years back, the defenses had remained in place. They may have been under the command of our enemies for quite a while, now, but we had taken them back. AT guns and MG nests lined the perimeter, while some APCs and tanks held checkpoints at the entrances. Sniper towers, outposts, barracks, feul depots, SAM sites, they kept them all. Perhaps they thought that after one attack, they’d need all of this, but guerilla warfare and elite soldiers seemed to be enough to take them out once again. It’s funny how the cycle of things works.

I hoped that Sonne wasn’t close. As nice as it would be to eliminate them while they were weak, I wasn’t exactly certain that the local militia could stand up to highly-trained fundamentalists.

Brotherhood of Sonne
    Dendemille Town
    Affected RPers: Kaxo (Avenger)

Everything with the garrison was going smoothly. With the help of Ryuka, Richard, Leanne, and especially Nina and the Delphox Twins, fortifications were nearing completion, and the turrets and AA guns were in place. Most of the effort was put on the exit leading to Route 15, where Laverre City lied beyond. They of course made sure to keep the other exits covered as well, but Route 15 was given priority. More soldiers, tanks, and anti-tank weapons were delivered as well to help the city be better defended.

The citizens were understandably concerned with the Town being turned into a military garrison, but Mayor Ruby has made every effort to let them know that Sonne was only here to protect them from Xiav.

After helping with the fortifications for some time, Ryuka and Richard decided to take a short break. It was during this time that Richard looked at his Mega Stone and had a realization. "Hey, Ryuka. I noticed we never got to try these out. Maybe we could have a quick spar!"

"I guess it wouldn't hurt, but...Mega Evolutions are really powerful. We better be careful with our first time or we might cause an accident." Ryuka warned.

"Come on, nothing bad's gonna happen! Besides, I wanna see how powerful I get with this!" Richard replied eagerly.

"You guys are gonna Mega Evolve now?!" Rin asked excitedly. "All right! I've been waiting to see this!"

"Me too! I wanna see how strong you both get!" Ray agreed with as much enthusiasm as her brother.

Leanne and Nina simply giggled at the twins excitement and looked at Ryuka and Richard with smiles on their faces.

Standing apart from one another in preparation, Ryuka and Richard took their Mega Stones and focused on them, thinking of them as an extension of themselves until the stone glowed and began to let out a bright light. This light enveloped Ryuka and Richard as their bodies appeared to change shape. When this light faded away, they looked completely different.

Ryuka, now a Mega Lucario, ended up having parts of his fur now covered in red, namely his paws, feet, and the tips of the right and leftmost black appendages coming from the back of his head, which had grown longer. He had two spikes each on both his paws, feet, and a spike coming out of both of his shoulders. There were trails of black fur going along his face, arms, and legs, and his tail was now a large bushy, and yellow. Once his transformation was complete, Ryuka looked at his new form.

"Wow, I feel so....powerful!" Ryuka said in amazement.

Meanwhile, Richard was also looking over his Mega Mienshao form. He now had longer eyebrows and three whiskers on his face instead of just one, and the whiskers he already did have were now longer with what appeared to be a red gem in the middle of the yellow furred area. His tail had a similar looking gem in the middle of the purple furred tip and was slightly wider. There was white fur sticking out of his neck, and the whips on his arms were much larger with pure white furred tips instead of purple. His whole arms appeared to be large sleeves that hung open on the bottom with purple rings at the end. His whole torso appeared as if he was wearing some kind of robe, which opened up at the waist to reveal dark red legs and purple tipped feet with claws.

"Awesome! This is incredible!" Richard stated.

"Ya, now you don't look like a female anymore." Rin threw out jokingly.

"I did not look like a girl!" Richard quickly shouted angrily in response.

"Well, now that you two have Mega Evolved, why don't you guys see how much more powerful you are?" Ray suggested.

"Sounds like a plan!" Richard agreed before turning to Ryuka and getting in a fighting stance. "Ready when you are, Ryuka!"

"Alright." Ryuka replied while getting into his own fighting stance. "Let's-"

Ryuka was suddenly cut off by the sound of a radio going off. Realizing that it was his, the Lucario took it out and brought it close to his face saying, "This is Ryuka?"

"Ryuka! Thank goodness I got in touch with you! It's Zhuge. I had a most concerning vision of the future!" Zhuge told Ryuka.

"What do you mean?" Ryuka asked quickly in a worried tone.

"I foresaw attacks by Xiav's forces. I don't know when, but I saw them attacking Dendemille Town and Lumiose City. Reala headed off to warn Kaxo of my visions!" The Xatu explained.

"What?!" Ryuka exclaimed in response.

"Listen to me, Ryuka. You have to repel the enemy attack on Dendemille Town!" Zhuge told the Lucario.

"We will, Zhuge. I promise." Ryuka finished before putting away his radio.

At that moment, Phoenix and Gongjin appeared to the group with Phoenix telling them, "Master Zhuge explained everything to us already, we must prepare our defenses immediately."

"Right." Everyone else said before setting out to the west side to quickly fortify the defenses there.

Kaxo Sychal the Lopunny
    Brotherhood of Sonne
    SAE Razorhawk Gunship, Snowbelle Town

Operation Storm Covenant was perfect for making sure Eris's ungodly mug wouldn't show up in western Kalos, but that wouldn't stop her from infesting the eastern side with her face. My whole plan was to keep her and mindlessly demonic posse contained and then eventually burn her out. Besides, I was getting bored and wanted to pump some Xiav assclowns full of 5.56mm. Either that, or burn them inside out with white fire.

With fortifications on Snowbelle City complete and Operation Storm Covenant underway, I intended to go to Dendemille Town and oversee the fortifications and make sure Xiav's slippery bastards hadn't wormed their way into the town yet. And if a few did, then I was looking forward to the interrogations.

Ryuka's mom and Richard's parents offered to teach the hospitals in Snowbelle how to use Sonne healing magic, which I didn't have a problem with. The more this stuff was used for good purposes, the more the people of Kalos would favor us over Xiav's "just kill everything" witchcraft that would have this place looking like Halloween just vomited all over itself.

"Pack your bags," I told Milos and Eagan. "Our work here is done, we've got to move out and head to Dendemille."

"Hell, it's about time," Milos grumbled. "I was beginning to worry my tongue would freeze to the roof of my mouth."

"Quit it, most of the others are on their way already," Eagan told him. "Any idea if Xiav's envoys might be there already?"

"If there are, they're going to wish they weren't," I told him. "I kind of hoping there are at least a few so I can enjoy sending Eris their balls in a box wrapped in Happy Birthday gift wrap."

"And that's exactly why I don't try to piss you off, Kaxo," Milos nodded.

We headed to our gunships, which would at least have the skies and ground covered. It would be a while before the mainland could rendezvous some of the armored division over in Dendemille, but I was convinced having ground personnel and aerial coverage would be enough. Fortifying the joint might take a little extra time considering the supply route involved routing supplies from Snowbelle to Couriway, Anistar, and then Dendemille Town. And it might be a while before we could get an aerial convoy in the air to provide a faster route. But they were working on it, at least.

After climbing back into the Razorhawk, I got myself into the pilot seat. After starting the engines and taking the gunship into the sky, it was nice to see Snowbelle's fortifications complete from my cockpit window, where the city was armed to the teeth and ready to chew Xiav's head off with lead if they were stupid enough to go bumbling into this place.

I then turned on some thrash metal as I flew the gunship toward Dendemille. After getting on the radio, I decided to contact Speed and Razor.

"You guys there?" I asked.

"Yup," Speed replied. "Whatca need, boss?"

"Monitor Dendemille's airwaves if Razor can manage to crack into them," I told Speed. "We know Xiav has their little maggoty children pissing all over Laverre City, but they might have sent envoys to Dendemille already. I imagine there's at least some Xiav prick taking a piss on Route 15."

At least I was hoping there was some Xiav faceless bastards on Route 15. I didn't bring along an M98B and spend all of the last week modding the beasty thing just for the hell of it.

Casimir the Zoroark
    Order of Xiar
    Route 16
    Affected RPers:
    Passive Abilities: Friendly Fire

The autumn leaves of Route 16 blew in the wind as I casually strolled through the path. I decided that no sane person would be found here, and had my illusion cloak off. Sometimes keeping it up was exhausting, and I wanted to enjoy this stroll. I hadn’t had many opportunities for a leisurely walk up until now.

I knew that, eventually, Route 16 would merge with Route 15 in front of the entrance to Dendemille Town. I wasn’t exactly expecting a warm welcome, but maybe the trip could serve a dual purpose. If Sonne was there, getting a glimpse at what was going on would definitely be something good to return with. The important thing was not getting caught, like always.

Soon, the ruins of the Lost Hotel came into view. The place was no more than four walls at this point. Eight if you decided to count the other set of ruins, apparently part of the same hotel since they both shared a basement. I heard a gang of thugs now occupied what was left. Not willing to get involved, I decided against investigating.

As soon as I entered Route 15, I felt a familiar dread chill my spine. I jumped back quickly as a gunshot went off. A bullet struck the ground where I had been standing. Snipers. The bane of my existence. They always had to ruin everything. Thinking quickly, I set up an illusion:

ILLUSION (Offensive) - Casimir’s signature ability. He can trap foes within a 250 foot radius of him in an illusion for three posts. The illusion is invisible to those not affected by it. If the afflicted makes contact with anything not visible inside of the illusion (including Casimir), or attacks the illusion, then the effect breaks. Illusions have a "center," and if the afflicted can manage to get out of the center's 75 foot range, the illusion wears off for that one character, though entering the radius again will cause the illusion to resume. Casimir can design the illusions personally, or leave it up to the afflicted’s own mind, drawing out their worst fears. Foes with the Soul Sense ability will be able to see the user through the illusion.
    The illusion in question had the foe, a Machoke, believing that I was going to rush forward. He would shoot at the false target, and I would supposedly get killed. Meanwhile, the real me would pass by undetected. It seemed to work, and an invisible me managed to get close to where the entrance to Dendemille would be. But then another shot sounded from another position.

Of course there were two. There were always two. And this one could see through my trick.

The bullet entered my right arm. I grabbed at it, wincing as pain shot up my arm and blood welled from the wound. I didn’t stop moving, but I had to change my course. Noticing the northern remains of the Lost Hotel, I decided to make a break for it. Reaching my destination in time for another shot to miss, I quickly hopped the wall and went down the exposed stairs, stopping at the bottom.

Panting, I took my scarf off and used my free arm and mouth to create a makeshift bandage. I’d have to wash it afterwards, but that was the least of my worries. The basement of the Lost Hotel stretched onward into darkness. The checkered floor was littered with cracks, and the wallpaper was peeling off the walls to reveal the white concrete behind. I wasn’t willing to waste time in case I was followed. Clutching my injured arm, I moved forwards, unsure of what lay ahead.

I heard stories about the tragedy of the Lost Hotel, but each was wildly different, ranging from a simple kitchen fire to the aftermath of some incident where the owner’s daughter fell in love with a terrorist. I doubted the latter was true. Whatever the reason, they never bothered to rebuild the place, and it fell into disarray. After a few minutes of wandering, I turned a corner and bumped into a Pokemon. My eyes adjusted and I recognized it as a Scrafty, who had decided to wear blue jeans and a red hoodie that day, which seemed redundant since he technically already had them. I was fixed with a glare.

“What’cha doin’ here in our base?” he asked, his nasal voice being mixed with surprise and anger. If I didn't know any better, I'd think he was a goon who managed to escape from some old crime drama.

I answered him with my own serious tone. “I’d like a room to stay in for a while. Nothing more.”

The Scrafty looked me over, and noticed the blood-stained scarf on my right arm. He snorted, clearly underestimating me, and said: “We’re all full. Now I suggest ya leave before things get ugly.” He pulled a gun from his jeans.

I sighed. “I guess I’ll have to make some room then.”
    Don't you just hate it when you're reading something and then you accidentally mistake someone's signature for part of their post? I do too.

Valaine the Greninja
    Order of the Xiav
    Route 14

Valaine could hear the sounds of projectiles thudding against the side of the battle tank, and realised that it was the first time he was grateful for the sturdiness of Sonne battle tanks. The tank was holding up pretty well, and Valaine reached the bag without problems. Inside it was three rainbow-coloured stones, each with a strange sort of patter vaguely resembling a flame on it.
    Two. Perfect. Valaine thought, One for Razzy, one for me.
    He grabbed the bag with his left hand, leaving his right hand free. No way was he going out on top with guns a-blazing all around him - he was cutting his way out. Making sure his grip on the bag was steady, he activated the plasma blade on his right hand. The blue sword flared into life, making a satisfying humming noise. Valaine pressed the sword deeper and deeper into the hull of the battle tank, and felt it give way, slightly. Doing some quick calculations, he reached the conclusion that sawing his way out like that would take half an hour or so. Too long. Seeing no other choice, he dropped the bag, activated the blade on his other hand, and put that one to the task. He worked his way much faster now, the blades managing, with some difficulty, to slice through the walls of the tank.
    He heard a thudding sound, followed by cursing, from outside. It sounded like it was coming from Nyx and he didn’t like that. That meant that the snipers were good - Nyx was extremely good at blocking stuff.
    He put that thought aside and continued to cut through the tank, eventually making an opening he reckoned he could fit through. He’d probably sustains some damage, scratches, maybe deep ones, but nothing too major. It was worth it, if what he had heard about these stones were true. He steeled himself, and dove through the hole, wincing as the not-quite-smooth metal bit into his skin. He made it out in one piece, and noticed Nyx crouching on the ground, trying to stem the flow of blood from his shoulder while keeping up the wall of shadowy energy that was protecting him from the rest of the bullets. The Greninja decided that since Nyx was keeping the wall up, he might as well use it, and dashed towards the trees under it’s cover.
    He burst through the foliage, dangling the bag from his hands to show that he had the objects in question, and to withdraw. Nyx managed to keep the wall up for long enough to allow all of them to get behind cover again. They were safe, for the time being. All they had to do was to wait for the flier to come and pick up their share of the spoils.
    A glance behind him told Valaine that this wasn’t true. Some people wearing armour that glowed a faint gold were advancing across the clearing, and they didn’t look friendly. They carried enough armaments to show that they meant business.
    Valaine glanced behind him. Noire was tired, Nyx was injured, Mel and Ci-ci weren’t up to close combat. He’d have to do the job himself, and he wasn’t relishing the thought. He passed the bag to Noire - he would be able to escape with it, should that be necessary, then stepped into the clearing, blades at the ready. The troops in front of him stopped short - he had heard he had a reputation, and this was firsthand proof of it.
    “Hey.” he said, giving the troops a wave. He was stalling for time - he alone may not be able to handle all of them at once, and they looked like elite troops. When Raszgore’s flier gets here, he’d be all right. “How’s it going?”
    They looked at him.
    “What?” Valaine said, somewhat incredulously. “Are you not in the mood for a good chat?”
    That seemed to strike a nerve, and the troops began advancing towards him. The Greninja readied himself, but did not engage. Let them come. He’d slice them all to bits.
    And they did come, the first ones breaking into a run, swords at the ready. Valaine stepped back, ducked under the first one’s swing, and punched the offending Infernape in the gut, sending him staggering backwards, before blocking the attacks of the second one with his right blade and doing a spin kick to the Fraxture’s face. He turned to face the incoming troops, who didn’t seem to pleased with what he just did to their comrades. Deciding to take the offensive, he broke into a sprint, relishing the fact that he was running extremely fast now, and launched himself into the group of presumably Sonne soldiers. He didn’t stop to see who he was fighting, just slashing at whatever he saw that wasn’t himself. He ducked under a swing, kicked someone, grabbing onto another’s head and using it as a pivoting point to move out of the way of an incoming attack, slamming his target to the ground in the process.
    Valaine used the fallen soldier’s back as a jumping board, soaring over the heads of his enemies and landing a good distance away from them, surveying his work. They seemed relatively unharmed, the kick he launched doing little to damage their armour. The Infernape and Fraxture he had kicked earlier were both on their feet again. Valaine grimaced - this was going to be a long, hard fight. Noire should be recovered soon, and would be able to help, making it a lot easier.
    There were six enemies. One Infernape, one Fraxture, one Mienshao, another Fraxture, a Staraptor, and a Stoutland. He didn’t like what he saw, because they looked experienced. He was still steeling himself for the tough fight ahead when the Mandibuzz, Bisharp, and Absol skidded into the clearing.

Raszgore the Bisharp
    Order of the Xiav
    Route 14
    Passive Abilities: Shadow Walker (Possible merging with shadows.)

Raszgore, Curly, and Kaine had been on the move for a good twenty minutes. They got the distress signal that Melanie, Valaine’s technician, had sent them earlier, presumably without Valaine’s permission, because the Greninja probably wouldn’t approve.
    Kaine was a fast flier, being able to keep up with Curly and Raszgore himself while they were shadow travelling. They had charged off into the forest, homing in on their location using the signal Mel was broadcasting. Raszgore had been informed by Mael that Valaine had the stones, and he was damned if he let the enemies got their hands on them. Besides, Valaine was an old friend.
    As they neared the clearing, Raszgore made out the shape of Valaine, facing off against an entire squad of elite troops - he could tell by the armour. It was a very Valaine thing to do, but it was also quite suicidal. Raszgore decided to do something about that. Curly and Raszgore returned to the physical realm, the shadows peeling off them like steam rising from a hot dish.
    “Curly.” he said, looking at the Absol. “When we go into the clearing, I want you to launch yourself straight into battle. I’ll tell Valaine the plan, and then we’ll hand their asses to them.”
    The Absol nodded. “What’s the plan?”
    “We beat the **** out of them.”
    “Uh… Roger that?”
    Kaine arrived behind them, not as breathlessly as someone of normal intelligence would expect. When Raszgore and Curly shadow travelled, the speeds they could reach was beyond many more simple-minded pokémon’s capability to understand.
    Raszgore leapt into the air, doing a flip, anxd landed in front of his 'old friend’. Curly followed him, spear held in her right forepaw. She landed back to back with him, snarling at the Sonne troops. Kaine followed them, two handguns clutched in his talons. The Sonne troops watched them, in a mixture of surprise and a measure of foreboding. They looked powerful, and knew it.
    “Hey, Valaine.” Raszgore said, winking at him. He was in a jovial mood. “Let’s get going.”
    The Greninja didn’t respond. He was looking pretty surprised. Raszgore let him take in the situation, and turned around to see what was going on behind him.
    Curly was surrounded by four enemies, but was doing fine. She was more than capable of handling four enemies at once, especially when they didn’t have firearms. Raszgore often just allowed her to roam alone on the battlefield, and never did regret it. Of course, he never did do so when it was particularly dangerous.
    Kaine was hovering above them, but not quite sure what to do. Trigger happy but still inexperienced, the Mandibuzz didn’t want to shoot, for fear of hitting Curly by accident.
    Raszgore turned his attention to the two who were not accounted for - the Infernape, and a Fraxture. He readied Nightshine, and dashed forwards, slamming his shoulder into the Infernape before the monkey could react. His enemy staggered backwards, slightly stunned. Raszgore followed up before the Infernape could react, kicking him in the stomach, and, as his adversary lurched backwards, stabbing Nightshine through it’s chest. The Infernape didn’t even have time to say ‘**** you’ before the light went out in his eyes.
    Raszgore didn’t have time to dwell on his victory - the Fraxture was already upon him, and he barely had time to block the sword swing with the Infernape’s body.
    Valaine seemed to have recovered from his surprise, and, before Raszgore could strike at the unfortunate dragon, had buried pierced the Fraxture’s heart with his blades. The soldier crumpled to the ground, never to move again.
    Raszgore pulled out his sword from it’s resting place in the torso of a now-dead adversary, and turned to face the rest of the troops just in time to hear Curly yelp in pain, and the sound of bone cracking.
    Last edited by Vern; 22nd January 2016 at 7:49 AM.

Kaxo Sychal the Lopunny
    Brotherhood of Sonne
    SAE Razorhawk Gunship, En Route to Dendemille Town
    Affected RPers: Ryuka (Andydemon)

We had gotten a warning from Zhuge the Xatu that he anticipated an attack on Lumiose and Dendemille in the near future. Yeah, I figured they would try to . And it was a good thing, because if they were bored, I figured I could give them a few 50 caliber rounds in the brain to keep them company.

"Hey, hey, Kaxo!" Milos told me on the radio as we flew our gunships toward Dendemille. "I have a joke! Where did Eris go when the bomb went off?"

"Everywhere," I replied, rolling my eyes. "Come on, dude, I've heard that one before."

"Aww, I'm trying here, man," Milos told me, sounding disappointed. "Ok, here's another one. Eris and Ashur are in a car. Who's driving?"

"Really?" I asked him, beginning to think he was nuts. "The paramedics. We done now?"

"...Yeah," He muttered.

As we moved along and watched the Kalos landscape pass us below, I figured it was probably a good chance that Dendemille would need some cleaning out. The armored convoy was now passing through Couriway Town, and it was going to be a while before we could expect them in Dendemille. But, at least our boys were on their way. I wasn't anticipating any major fighting in Dendemille for the moment anyway. It was mostly just going to be a purge of Xiav's stragglers and then make sure none of those other bastards showed up. I was expecting the roads to have a bunch of assclowns crawling all over them, though. Having control of the skies would be a nice advantage, because little pipsqueak foot-soldiers on the ground were just asking to be shot like little puppy dogs with ugly faces. I wanted to see if they had been working on their chaingun-cha-cha.

"Did our scouts make it to Route 16, yet?" I asked Razor the Bellossom. "I need a sit-rep on Lumiose and what's going around that area just to make sure we have eyes on those sons of bitches."

"Mobile 14 and 17 are keeping watch there, but Xiav activity has been minimal," Razor replied. "Route 14 is something else, though. Mobile 5 reported seeing Thundercrash Squad getting attacked by a Xiav Bisharp, Absol, and a Mandibuzz. They definitely know we're in the area."

These small skirmishes weren't much of a surprise, but I was more focused on where the hell the main forces were. From the sound of it, Eris's demonic death march hadn't started going down Route 14, but we needed to keep a watch on it. I knew she was going to head down there at some point, but it was all a matter of when. I was interested in attacking her convoy while they were still out in the open as opposed to having to blow up entire city blocks of Lumiose.

"We fetched the report and Lumiose has already been evacuated," Razor told me. "They had heard about the coup in Laverre and wanted to get the hell out before things on got. Plus Mayor Fal had bad feelings about what was going to happen once Xiav entered the city."

Yeah, because I was sure he and the rest of the city council didn't want to end up dead or as something that made them wish they were dead. Plus I was sure he knew that the way Eris's victims were found often reflected how she was feeling that day. If she hacked her victims to pieces, it was a good sign, because we were making her angry, and I liked making her angry.

"Well, no problem there," I told Razor, figuring it would be easier to lay down an assault without having to worry about civilian casualties now. "Only issue now is that it's ripe for the taking, but we'll have that taken care soon enough."

"Trust me, we didn't forget you wanted that Xiav kill reel complied," Razor snickered. "Also, who is going to be the judge for the Xiav Kill of the Week?"

"That would be Sasha," I told him, referring to a female Goodra that loved video editing. "She did a great job with the gag reel, so I figured I'd let her have the privilege."

"Uh huh," Razor replied. "Well, figured I'm busy anyway."

Soon enough, Dendemille started coming into view. I knew we'd have a little bit of Xiav trash to clean up, but I was looking at the situation more like it was an opportunity to try a few new weapons on some pests rather than fret like it was actually a real problem.

Artemis "Medea" Albert the Zangoose
    Order of Xiav
    Laverre City
    Affected RPers: Eris (Meeker); Ryuka & Richard (indirectly; Andydemon)
    Passive Abilities: Two Bodies, One Heart (Combined health and shared damage/healing with partner); Ghost in the Machine (Can turn ghostly)

"Place snipers...here...and there," Artemis said to a Mightyena, pointing at the top of a building near Route 15, and the inside another building. "Also put your best soldiers as guards at all times until otherwise, clear?"

The dog gave a small salute. "Crystal, Ma'am!" he said then went off to do as ordered.

Artemis waited for a while, staring at the canine's figure, going into the city, until he was out of sight. Her expression was neutral, showing nothing. She waited a little longer before she let go of her tired sigh. They had invaded this city first, the Order's leader's hometown. Why, she wasn't sure if she wanted to know. Especially after she found out that the mayor was female. She didn't even want to dare think of what the Delphox might've done by now.

What was worse, she--they--she and Apollo--couldn't have done anything to spare them. She was surprised to find that local cultists had taken the city. But a part of her thought she should've expected that. If the leader of the Order came from here, there should be more. So technically, some of the inhabitants, a lot more than usual, had survived. But it wasn't the kind she--she and Apollo--wanted left alive.

She turned to her right when her brother stepped out of the brush, and let out a tired sigh of his own. She let a faint frown show, and asked,

"Are you fine?"

Apollo nodded then sat on the ground, holding onto his scythe, its blade glowing as usual.

She waited a moment, then asked, "Are you sure you're all right?"

"Yes," he said, and raised his hand dismissively. "I am."

She let a smile briefly appear on her face before returning to her normal, poker face. Well, at a few of the non-cultist citizens made it. Another reason to stay at the exit to Route 15 for as long as they could. They needed the head start.

Silence. Not complete silence, with the sounds of fortifications in the distance, but it was something that she--she and Apollo--hadn't have in a while. It was silence that one welcomes, the kind that's calming. Not sinister, nor awkward, nor forboding, the one that a busy mind finds refreshing, like a new breeze inside a stale room. She hadn't felt this since...since... ... She touched her light grey beret... ...before mother died.

She looked at her surroundings. Mother would've loved to see this place. She was a little glad Eris decided to not raze this to the ground. But she knew any kind of positive emotion would be snuffed, or worse, be noticed by Eris and taken as a...receptive sign. Internally, she shuddered. She did not want to be the next female on Eris's long list of "conquests".

"Medea? Cain?"

She was snapped out of her thoughts and looked at the Gardevoir in front of her--her and Apollo.

"Yes? What is it?"

It held out a piece of paper. "Orders directly from Eris."

This was unusual. She could see Apollo thought the same when he perked up in the corner of her eye. Orders directly from her? Their orders were usually relayed to their father, because...they were his troops. But bypassing their father entirely? She wasn't sure what to make of that, except one tning, it couldn't be a good thing for her. But Artemis calmly took it and looked at what it said.

A beat.

She looked back at Gardevoir. "Dismissed. You may tell Eris we're right on it," she said.

It nodded and left at that. For the second time, she waited until she was sure the 'mon was gone. When she was, she visibly shuddered. Great... she thought, after reading what it said.

"What is it?" Apollo said with concern. He stood up and got near Artemis. "Something bad?"

She held out that same pieceof paper with a very small frown. "The mission, not really... What might happen afterwards..." she said, trailing off.

He took it from her and read it.

Another beat.

He snarled and brandished his scythe. Then he threw the paper up and proceeded to slice it to itty, bitty, bits, raining down like a very small confetti shooter shot it.

"Agreed," Artemis said.

She'd sooner take a punishment from her father than get a reward from Eris. As much as she hates her father, at least compared to other commanders, his punishments weren't as harsh as slicing your head off and eating your innards. At least with him, it was something she was used to, something she could take, and she knew what to expect. None of that applied to Eris.

Apollo grumbled, becoming even more grumpy than before. She sighed. She was very tempted to fail just so they wouldn't get her "reward", but she reminded herself Eris's punishments are even worse than her rewards. At least for them. She wasn't surprised to hear some of the members of the occult to brag about being rewarded by Eris.

The only consolation she got was that this put a wrench in her father's plan. He had wanted her and Apollo to go to Lumiose as soon as they were done here. But now that wasn't possible. The only 'mon who could overrule his orders was Eris. But that didn't lessen his control over them.

She put a paw on his shoulder. "Shall we get this over with?"

Apollo "Cain" Albert the Zangoose
    Order of Xiav
    Laverre City
    Affected RPers: Eris (Meeker); Ryuka & Richard (indirectly; Andydemon)
    Passive Abilities: Two Bodies, One Heart (Combined health and shared damage/healing with partner); Reaper's Scythe (Adds a scythe to a staff)

The Tyrunt stared at him suspiciously, her frown very obvious. "And what makes you think we trust you?"

"Do you want to get away, or not? I can only give a head start," he said quietly, hidden in the shadows of the brush.

The group of Kalosians were silent for a moment before a Chespin tapped the Tyrunt.

"C'mon, let's go," he said.

The others ran off at that prompt, but the Tyrunt looked at the Chespin. Then at him.

"... All right."

The Chespin went off now that he was sure his friend would follow. The dinosaur made to do the same, but then she looked back, and said,

"As much as I think I'm nuts to say this... Thanks."

Then she too left after the others. Apollo watched them. He saw the Tyrunt occasionally glance at him before he was gone from his sight. He blinked. That was something he didn't expect. In all his time in the Xiav, secretly sparing as many innocent 'mons as he could, none of them ever thanked him. Not that he blamed them. He might not have killed as many as most Xiav, but he still had blood on his hands.

Sonne blood.

Apollo quietly groaned. No matter what angle he approached his problem--his metaphorical chains--there was only two results he could conclude. The first was that they were killed in battle or the world was taken over long before they even had a chance to free themselves. The second, was that even if they managed to get free, they've already done so much on Xiav's side to stay alive that they'd be killed on sight, whether by Sonne members or authorities.

He was stuck between a rock and a hard place. No, worse, a maniac and a gung-ho enemy.

He sighed. There had be a way to live without being under Xiav's command. Blast their father... Blast him to the deepest pit in the underworld. He hoped he would rot from all the dark magic and necromancy he does.

He perked up and looked to his right. He saw two figures, one he did't recognize and one he knew all too well. The first one was a Mightyena, wearing the usual gear for a Xiav. Bullet proof vest, helmet, and a gun holstered. Tyis one, though, had personal touches to it. The vest was red, the helmet too with black eyes, and he had a sash with the lieutenant mark on it.

The second was none other than his sister, Artemis. She was talking to the Mightyena about something. He was glad they were downwind, otherwise the dog might've smelled the scent of thosecitizens going down Route 15. He didn't feel like hiding a body right now. Besides,where could he hide it in here? Maybe in the route up ahead, but from the pointing and how long his sister was taking in talking with the lieutenant, it was going to be fortified with guards on watch at all times.

The Mightyena then saluted and went off. After a while, Artemis sighed. He walked out of the brush and sighed as well. He could feel her tiredness. His sister looked to him and asked if he was fine, to which he sat down on the ground, holding his scythe, and nodded. He was pretty tired himself.

A moment passed, then she asked, "Are you sure you're all right?"

He knew what that meant. She was asking if he spared anybody, saved anyobdy. She was asking if he was sure they're all right.

"Yes, I am," he answered. He waved his paw seemingly in a dismissive manner, but he was really showing how many he saved. Only one finger was held up over the rest. He hadn't saved that many.

He saw his sister let a smile briefly before it returned to normal.

It was quiet. But it was a nice quiet. He knew Artemis missed these. She briefly touched her beret. These times reminded them of mother. These were precious times. Then someone ended it by calling there names. He found that it was a Gardevoir, and it was holding a piece of paper.

Artemis spoke with it then took it. She read it then after saying her reply, she dismissed the Gardevoir. After it was gone for sure, Artemis shuddered.

"What is it?" He stood up and went to her. "Something bad?"

She held out the paper with a very small frown. "The mission, not really... What might happen afterwards..." she said, trailing off.

He took it from her. Then he read it.

He snarled then brandished his scythe before throwing the paper and slicing it into dust.

Simply put, he was going to maul the Delphox if she even thinks of getting close to Artemis. To hell with her being the leader. He. Will. Not. LET HER

"Agreed," she said.

He breathed in and out, trying to calm his nerves. But now he was more grumpy than before. Not only there were cultists here already, nearly killing everyone in the city, and he was only able to save about ten of them. But now...now there were ordered to take another, and they could be rewarded with something that would be a punishment to them. Especiqlly for Artemis.

She put a paw on his shoulder. "Shall we get this over with?"

He looked at the paw, then at her. A moment passed and then he sighed.

"Yeah, sure."
    Last edited by TheCharredDragon; 22nd January 2016 at 10:05 PM.

Fossil Fighter Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast