Thread: The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

Default The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

Click this to view the first ever TEASER TRAILER for Catching Fire

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire is an upcoming 2013 American science-fiction dystopian thriller/action-adventure film based on Suzanne Collins' novel Catching Fire, the second installment in The Hunger Games trilogy and is the sequel to the 2012 film The Hunger Games. The film is scheduled to be released on November 22, 2013.

Starring: Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Liam Hemsworth, Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Elizabeth Banks, Woody Harrelson, Lenny Kravitz, Donald Sutherland, Jeffrey Wright and Sam Claflin.

Plot: After returning home safe after winning the 74th Annual Hunger Games, Katniss Everdeen (Jennifer Lawrence) and fellow tribute Peeta Mellark (Josh Hutcherson) try to forget their time in the arena. But all is not well in the districts; rebellion is simmering. As they embark on the Victors Tour of the districts, Katniss has to prove to the Districts that her act to save both her and Peeta in the arena was not that of defiance against the Capitol, but one of love for him. Meanwhile, President Snow (Donald Sutherland) prepares the 75th Annual Hunger Games, otherwise known as The Quarter Quell, to try and remind the districts who is ultimately in control.

Finnick (Sam Claflin) tries to break Katniss' (Jennifer Lawrence) concentration during training
        Spoiler:- Still 1:

Gale (Liam Hemsworth) being taken in for the public whipping
        Spoiler:- Still 2:

Katniss and Josh at District 11 doing their Victory Tour speeches
        Spoiler:- 3:

Plutarch Heavensbee (Phillip Seymour Hoffman) discussing something secretly with Haymitch (Woody Harrelson)
        Spoiler:- 4:

President Snow (Donald Sutherland) making a speech at the Capitol Party     Spoiler:- 5:

Katniss' mother and Prim
        Spoiler:- 6:
    Last edited by Wormow; 15th April 2013 at 9:07 PM.

didnt this thread die out a while back?

anyhoo yeah, i cant wait, and i wonder how they are going to pull off a few things.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

I can't wait to see Catching Fire. It was easily one of my favorite books to have read, and I'm excited to see how they're going to pull it off this time around.
    Black2 FC: 3568-9495-0227

LeafGreen Team (Pre Elite Four):

HeartGold Team (Post Red):

Platinum Team (Post E4):

White Team (Post Game):

Black2 Team: (Post Game):

If it's anything like the first movie, I won't bother. The Hunger Games is one of my favorite series, but the movie sucked the life right out of the book...

Friend Safari - Bug with Butterfree/Volbeat/Vivillon - PM me for my FC!
        Spoiler:- Shiny hunting stuff:

I read all three of the books and maybe I just don't have the same taste as all of the folks raving about it but...I really didn't care much for the story. All it did was remind me of Battle Royale.

I'm so excited for this movie. Something I'm wondering though, how will they legally pull off the blood rain in the arena without ketchup?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post
    This thread proves sppf is full of geniuses :x
    My Instagram, please follow!

Hoenn Starters :3

I'm gone from SPPF to pursue academics, and I most likely won't be back. Bye!

The second movie is gonna be wet for sure.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

Wee... Poison slide at my gym...

Pokegyms Fairy Leader

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

First stills for the new film has been released:

Finnick (Sam Claflin) tries to break Katniss' (Jennifer Lawrence) concentration during training

Plutarch Heavensbee (Phillip Seymour Hoffman) discussing something secretly with Haymitch (Woody Harrelson)

President Snow (Donald Sutherland) making a speech at the Capitol Party     Spoiler:- 5:

Katniss' mother and Prim

Quote Originally Posted by Wormow View Post
    First stills for the new film has been released:

Katniss' mother and Prim
    i kinnda imagined finnick being a tad....older?
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Finnick is supposed to be 23 if im not mistaken in the book. Sam is more or less at his age.
    His last role i saw was a missionary in pirates of carribean and looked more seductive than this one.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

Wee... Poison slide at my gym...

Pokegyms Fairy Leader

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

Last edited by Wormow; 15th April 2013 at 9:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Squirtle View Post
    I'm so excited for this movie. Something I'm wondering though, how will they legally pull off the blood rain in the arena without ketchup?
    Fake blood. It's sold in costume stores and used for Halloween. Ketchup and red paint are bad replacements for bloody scenes.

Well, I'm excited. No doubt on that. Waiting like a hawk for more news on Catching Fire. Since my brother spoils everything I already know what's going to happen in Catching Fire. Hope it's not too different in the movie.
    Click Jirachi to join the amazing Ever Grande City forums! You won't regret joining it!
    I've claimed this Pokemon.

I can't wait! The book was great so i'm thinking the movie is!