Thread: There's no such thing as a pleasable fanbase

Default There's no such thing as a pleasable fanbase

This isn't me being cynical or anything. I'm just stating the cold hard truth.

I brought this up because I recall a comment regarding how Adventure Time fans were so much better than Bronies who "have a healthy relationship with their show." To this, I laugh at because with every fandom containing different people with viewpoints and ideals, the notion of a perfect, peaceful fandom is pure delusional fantasy and nothing more. There are going to be disagreements be they big and small and not everybody's going to be on the same page. There'll always be flame wars, base breakers, butthurt fanboys, elitists, you name them with little to NO exception. It's because of this that I don't believe in the whole "___ has the worst fanbase" because the problems that said fanbase have are very, very common. Hell, when you get right down to it, EVERYTHING has the worst fanbase.

Pretty much. Can I give you a hug for being so smart?

Wherever you go, there's going to be THAT guy who's going to defend their love interest/hate with their life. It's natural to react back to them harshly because of how dumb them seem but we should really all take a step back and laugh at how ridiculous the situation is while ignoring them. We should all just like what we like and ignore what others think about it or how much they overblow it.

All the bullies in grade school, if I only new this sooner...
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

It's the more vocal members who have their panties in a wad about something that create the illusion that X fanbase is worse than Y fanbase.

Way to state the obvious.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Pretty much. Can I give you a hug for being so smart?
    O.o Okay, I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Way to state the obvious.
    For some it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    This isn't me being cynical or anything. I'm just stating the cold hard truth.

I brought this up because I recall a comment regarding how Adventure Time fans were so much better than Bronies who "have a healthy relationship with their show." To this, I laugh at because with every fandom containing different people with viewpoints and ideals, the notion of a perfect, peaceful fandom is pure delusional fantasy and nothing more. There are going to be disagreements be they big and small and not everybody's going to be on the same page. There'll always be flame wars, base breakers, butthurt fanboys, elitists, you name them with little to NO exception. It's because of this that I don't believe in the whole "___ has the worst fanbase" because the problems that said fanbase have are very, very common. Hell, when you get right down to it, EVERYTHING has the worst fanbase.

Ok, that's nice.