Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Justice is back

Well yeah, it's subjective. But given the target audience, they would likely be more familiar with Cassie then Donna, since as mention she been's written out as Wonder Girl for a long while and currently doesn't even exist in the DCNu nor seems likely to ever come back given the situation going on with Wonder Woman.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    But given the target audience, they would likely be more familiar with Cassie then Donna,
    The target audience doesn't even realize that there is a difference.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    It's subjective. Cassie's had the more recent run as Wonder Girl, including her presence throughout Young Justice/Teen Titans (where she still features monthly, no less); Donna was no less prominent up until the reboot, but hasn't been Wonder Girl in a very long time and doesn't presently feature in the DCU, I don't believe.
    That's a fair point.

Well, maybe Donna will be used in some form just like what they did with Garth (the first Aqualad in the comics). Anyway, I'm still really glad we're getting a Wonder Girl in this series.

Hm, I feel kinda bad. Young Justice first started airing at a time where I couldn't watch anything so I ignored it and pretty much everything CN had to show. Now I finally sat down last Saturday and watched a episode, it was already far into the series but regardless I loved what I saw! All weekend during my free time I've been looking up old episodes of Young Justice and now I'm hooked on the series. I always love teen superhero series shows and DC usually pumps them out with the likes of Teen Titans and Legion of Superheroes. I can't wait for Saturday to see a new episode.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca R. View Post
    The target audience doesn't even realize that there is a difference.
    Well given the SBFF shorts, I'm sure they have realize that there is two.

Well given the SBFF shorts, I'm sure they have realize that there is two.
    I don't know if two different hair colors is really enough to distinguish the two as completely different characters to be honest. I suppose that's just me though.

The difference in personality will probably make it easier.

Also, Superboy, Beast Boy, Blue Beetle, and Wonder Girl's artwork.
        Spoiler:
    Last edited by TsukiMirage; 24th April 2012 at 11:08 PM.

I do love Wonder Girl's artwork.

About the others:

Superboy - I like the update they give to his costume. Some details in it kind of makes me remember his original 90's costume

Blue Beetle - It's ok.

Beast Boy - Looks a bit... different than how I see the character, but I'd say it's ok.

Watched the last episode finally. Amazing is all I can say. Superman finally coming around to Superboy. I loved the fights too.

As for Invasion, the designs look awesome. Blue Beetle looks amazing and Wonder Girl isn't too bad either. Can't say I like the Beast Boy costume all that much but I'll give it a chance.

Superboy, Miss Martian and Wonder Girl will probably have a complicated relationship on the team if the directors has Wonder Girl pursue Superboy.
    Last edited by Crimsonlink; 25th April 2012 at 1:45 AM.

Spoiler:
    I don't know if it's because I'm used to the Teen Titans version, but Beast Boy looks horrendous and will undoubtedly be the most hideously designed being in this series. Hopefully. The others are okay but Wonder Girl looks really plain to me.

The difference in personality will probably make it easier.

Spoiler:
    Umm... Okay, did BB get stuck between transforming into a monkey or something?

I was never that big on any of Beast Boy's appearances aside from his current DCNu look, so I don't have much of an issue with his YJ look. And Wonder Girl does look quite plain.

I agree with Rebecca that beast boys design is bothersome for the same reason that i'm used to the Teen Titan Look but he'll be shape shifting most of the time anyway.
    and i do hope that Superboy goes with Wonder Girl direction just because thats what i'm used to i guess, i dont have any problems with MM though.

This will sound funny coming from the guy who just got into the series last week but I kinda like Beast Boys young Justice design. True I like his Teen Titan design much more but at least this one kinda seperates himself from that version and it gives him a kinda animal like appearance. His name is Beast Boy after all. The tail will have to grow on me. Wonder Girl, Blue Beetle, and Superboy look okay to me.

I hope we got to see a better version of Aqualad's new costume. It seemed to be pretty cool.

Spoiler:- More pics:
    Looks like there was quite a time skip, so we really may be getting Tim as Robin.

I'm more surprised the time skip can be bigger than what could be expected. I have mixed feelings about it because I think the current time frame still had much potential to be explored.

Its kinda weird to have Nightwing in invasion since Dick is 13 in season 1. Maybe thats a super young Nightwing at age 16 or something. It can't be young justice if the team is filled with 20 something year olds.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonash310 View Post
    Its kinda weird to have Nightwing in invasion since Dick is 13 in season 1. Maybe thats a super young Nightwing at age 16 or something. It can't be young justice if the team is filled with 20 something year olds.
    Tell that to the Teen Titans who had lots of members well beyond their teens in the comics. I think the time skip is well played actually. The light needs time to step up it's Phase 2 from the looks of it. They were willing to take years to set up their first Phase considering how long Speedy has been a sidekick to Green Arrow.

Twin: PhQnix Bishie: Kurapica Cartoon Bishie: Freakazoid Pair: Leona

Samba Dinos don't need context.
    Xanga |Last FM

I saw Young Justice: Invasion, it was neat. There are some things I don't get like what happened to Kid Flash and Artemis during the time skip.

I'm excited beyond words for Blue Beetle to be in the team. Really like Beast Boy's new design, too; the tail, admittedly, is a bit weird, but I really like it for some reason. I always felt like his design in Teen Titans was sort of lacking, and I really like that this one is more out-there.

Spoiler:

And, yes, I did fix that spoiler tag.
    Last edited by FireTypeLover; 28th April 2012 at 9:58 PM.
    GAMES ACCOMPLISHMENTS
    1st Prize in Caption Contest 7/15/11
    Won a Cool Vuvuzela in Pokémon Assembler!

Currently, I have an obsession with the Litwick line's tendency for sucking souls out.
    Fan Fics Stuff!
    i love pokémon is not only on Serebii, it's now on FanFiction.net!
    Author's Profile

It's not terribly likely that any of them "died offscreen". We're one episode in after a five-year jump. Give it time.

You might also want to check your spoiler tag if you're that concerned.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by FireTypeLover View Post
        Spoiler:

And, yes, I did fix that spoiler tag.
    I basically agree with this. I just got into the series and already time skips and changes happened. They could have waited a bit but I did enjoy the episode and new members. Though I am looking forward to explanations of a certain new couple. But overall I enjoyed the episode of the new season.

Well that was "jarring" to say the least. I felt like I was hit with a ton of new info with little time to be able to process it. Opening with Super Boy and Miss Martian was nice, but then we get hit with Bumblebee, Beast boy, Lagoon Boy, Blue Beetle, and a new Robin right afterward. Not to mention how odd it is seeing Nightwing and Robin in the same room. And seeing M'gann kissing Lagoon was just crazy. What happened between her and Super Boy?

Totally cool that Zatanna and Rocket joined the team, although I wish we had seen more of Rocket since she was only in 2 episodes.

But still. It was a nice introductory episode. Liking most of the new characters we finally get introduced to Herald, something I was waiting for in the beginning of Season 1. Really can't wait to see the rest of the old team.

And what has Cheshire been doing for the past 5 years?
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast